Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Nottorus - Unlimited Visual programming plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stridemann, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SirAstral

SirAstral

Need an icon that gets the readers attention a little better!

RD, Rixtter and SteveB like this.
  2. Rixtter

Rixtter

Lmao, pure belter :D:D:D:D:D:D

SteveB likes this.
  3. Rixtter

Rixtter

You got the first Like from the man himself !!! I'd say he's working on it as we speak :cool::D

SteveB likes this.
  4. Stridemann

Stridemann

I'm working on namespaces (parsing and compilation);)
    For now parser ignore all except default namespace (no namespace). I should fix that.

PS. Yes, tecnically its not hard to make a skin selecting. Few skins in different folders..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Rixtter, SirAstral and SteveB like this.
  5. koblavi

koblavi

...aaand I'll just leave this here :D

6. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Nice that having namespaces is added :)

7. SteveB

SteveB

8. RD

RD

Stridemann, custom skins would be extremely useful. One muted skin for looking at all day long and one impressive skin for reviewing with customers. A mostly white skin would be nice to save on printer ink when doing a hard copy.

My earlier question was, could comments in a function's source code cause THAT function's node to render with specific icons in the node title bar?

9. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Ok, needs to be done:

HelloWorld.png

Compile. Add compiled CS to GameObject. Run. Rinse & Repeat :)

Rixtter and SteveB like this.
  10. Stridemann

Stridemann

Namespaces:

Do I need to make a field for namespace name (as option) in this window?

Also value of this field can saved for the next new scripts.

RD likes this.
  11. koblavi

koblavi

Added debug break point buttons... I'd probably buy Nottorus if nodes were color coded.
    @Stridemann , is this somewhere in your roadmap by any chance?:rolleyes:

daville, JacooGamer and SteveB like this.
  12. Stridemann

Stridemann

I implement skin changing.
    I'm not good in skinning :D
    ..just applying random filters to images in resources..

PS. Yes, the node header bars can have any colors. I just need to define them in code.

13. mensch-mueller

mensch-mueller

Hello

I have been following this thread since the beginning , but now I have to disagree ! I know that taste is very personal , so this is my opinion, sorry : Your suggestion is too much! Readability suffers.
    I would vote for a simple flat interface, just what Epicgames did with blueprint!
    So my advise: Choose a friendly, good readable font, simplify the icons (!), color code the top part of the nodes(with useful colors that made sense- and this mustn´t be a gradient!), bring the texts in line and cut down all the unneeded.
    I think blueprint is a good example, i really like that the nodes are a bit transparent to show the connections:
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15629&stc=1
    If you need more Inspiration, just search for node editors.
    The biggest challenge is, to create something, which is even readable, when you zoom out.

And I would also vote for a price reduction. This great tool gets lot of attention, but at this price point it would sell perhaps 10 copies. We all wait for the some information that the few, which already bought this, fetch :rolleyes:
    This could easily sell a few hundred copies, if the price is right. I think something just under 100$ is more reasonable, I´m really cautious now with new assets, because just after 1 1/2 years buying at assetstore many assets are just deprecated. :confused:
    Perhaps sell a Indie-version, with no direct source access, upgradable to Pro.

I will continue to keep track of everything with great interest!
    Wish this great product and the developer great success and a good development!

Cheers
    Michael

Edit: And what i wanted to ask Strideman from beginning: Is your picture taken out of "the fifth Element" ? :)

code-blep and unitywlp like this.
  14. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Just my personal opinion, and I'm not involved with this asset in any way, just an early adopter customer/bug chaser/tester :)

I think this version could be a Pro version, with the C# parsing enabled. An indie version, for 100USD maybe would be an idea, but without C# parsing or compiling, just nodes, like Blueprint. So, for users who want the C# feature, they can pay the extra money and upgrade to Pro. I think the C# function is really powerful, and a worthy upgrade.

code-blep likes this.
  15. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Nice that the colour of headers is already possible, just needs some config in the source code :) Cant wait for that

16. Rixtter

Rixtter

Excellent call !! I had always presumed Die Hard, but now you mention it, I can remember the movie & the fact he wore an orange t-shirt.

That said, if I were to post a pic from that movie, it would have to involve Milla Jovovich :D:D:D

17. Rixtter

Rixtter

As for the posts regarding the cost, I too was of the same opinion... cheaper = more customers = wider audience = global domination :cool::p

Now I'm not so sure though.

I don't see very many getting rich selling assets. Part-time extra cash for most I would guess. I'm using FlowCanvas, arguably second only to this asset... extremely easy to use & extend... and it is priced at 58 Euro. My point is that I don't see hundreds of adopters there either. Forums have 2 or 3 regular posters, and usually only posting questions.

For any asset to succeed in terms of the likes of Playmaker, I really don't know what the magic formula would be. Price is certain to be a factor, but Nottorus dropping to sub $100 doesn't convince me of its business success... so at least for now, I think Stridemann should get paid well from those who appreciate exactly what he has gifted us with.

Edit: tutorials are probably the key. Unfortunately that doesn't mean 20 or 30 explaining each concept once... I mean serious amounts of tutorials. Different gaming scenarios, explanations of why different structures work in different areas etc. Then we go back in circles... to get to that level, you need a strong community.

Chicken and the egg.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  18. Rixtter

Rixtter

It's a worthy idea, but I think the stand-out feature is the code-to-nodes. It would be the feature most likely to attract non-coders.

I'm editing this post, sales pitch lol. I have zero affiliation with Stridemann or Nottorus. I just want everyone on board to support a thriving community & ensure this product continues to be updated.

Attention all potential coders/designers!!

Google code snippets, copy into Nottorus to convert to visual nodes, adapt to your needs.
    Add your C# assets, learn from the visual nodes generated.

That's why I'm here... self learning at its finest :)

RD, SirAstral and SteveB like this.
  19. Rixtter

Rixtter

I have the board while you all sleep, so I'll prattle on some more :p

One idea I think would stick: Produce a watermarked, free version, same as uScript does it. All of the features, but you can't release it.

It's a win-win. You target all camps, Nottorus will convert those on the fence. Proof of the pudding. :D:cool:

@Stridemann Look into my eyes, look into my eyes... I am the voice of reason... look into my eyes... I am the voice of reason...

:p

code-blep and rahuxx like this.
  20. vamky

vamky

Hey I am buying this as soon as colored headers roll out:)

SteveB likes this.
  21. rahuxx

rahuxx

count me in for watermarked or time limited version. As it will give chance to explore it before we actually jump in.
    I have experience of Playmaker - 6 month, uScript - 1 year, iCS1 and 2 - 2 year and still using it when I am free from work.
    I have made Roll-A-Ball, Break-Out and Survival Shooter unity tutorial series in iCS2 while it was being developed. So I could provide some good inputs to improve NOTTORUS, if developer requires it.;)

code-blep, SirAstral and Rixtter like this.
  22. Rixtter

Rixtter

Welcome aboard Mister Pink :p aka Red :)

@Stridemann @rahuxx was brilliant with iCanScript2, I was very disappointed for him after the amount of help/work he did for the developer... only for the developer to piss off :mad: with an incomplete project :mad:

23. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Ok. Just took a simple example of dependency injection, to see what happens. Here is the script I started from:

DependencyInjection.png

And here is the MonoBehaviour node that was created by Nottorus:

DependencyInjectionNodes.png

I'm sure this wonderful asset can handle a wide variety of design patterns.

RD, SirAstral, Rixtter and 1 other person like this.
  24. koblavi

koblavi

This will probably not be possible as this is merely a C# code generator. Unlike Uscript, there are no Nottorus specific libraries that are included in the final output. So there's no way he can include a water mark in a way that it cannot be edited out.

rahuxx likes this.
  25. Rixtter

Rixtter

Ah, I had wondered about this but thought that uScript produced C# so there must be a way. I didn't realise uScript had to be released with DLL's - or maybe the uScript PLE version IS the one that has to? Would mean 2 separate builds required, but worth it to gain numbers IMO.

Clearly not a runner if too work intense, with so many other priorities I'm sure we'd rather he spend his resources on.

26. Rixtter

Rixtter

Too advanced for this Indie, can't see me needing such control when I am the sole coder... but... that is one heck of a simplified graph compared to the code :)

And thanks too earlier for the Hello World, was funny (and just) to see the old tradition carried on :cool:

SteveB likes this.
  27. SirAstral

SirAstral

I am glad much more capable C# coders are with this asset now instead of little ole me now! You go guys! Now I get to sit back and learn from y'all!

Yee Haw!!!!

Rixtter and SteveB like this.
  28. Rixtter

Rixtter

Who said you could take a break? Get back to coding, soldier :p

Glad you don't have to sweat the complicated stuff, hope you still find time for the basics :)

29. SirAstral

SirAstral

son of a.... Yea I plan to keep hammering on this asset, and I still plan to start creating guides to help the other noobs! I just need a short break because while it may not look like it, I still have some difficulty "getting it" with a few things on C#. I mean once I learn something, I am good, but I have so much more to learn. I have more information around "concepts" than I do with the actual code monkeying part. Remember, I focus far more on UI design than I do with the backend code, so while I can probably do a user friendly interface, I still have to spend about 3 times as much time working out other more advanced concepts.

Rixtter and RD like this.
  30. RD

RD

SirAstral, you've done a man's job sir! You've really REALLY helped us all and Nottours. Grab a beer and sit beside me on the bleachers yelling "Go Stridemann! Go!" Maybe we can plan a FAR more brutal obstacle course for Nottorus. The language barrier would make detailed planning difficult with Stridemann and subconsciously he may not want to try jumping the Snake River Canyon with Nottorus just yet...

I am interested in verifying that, Nottorus' conversion of source code to node and back to source code and FINALLY to compiled code, doesn't change the LOGIC of the compiled app in ANY way. What do you think about using C# assets that are known to compile and run. We compile the virgin assets and save the output DLLs or assemblies or IL2CPP output, etc... we then import the same assets into Nottorus and output Nottorus generated source code. We compile the Nottorused assets and save the output DLLs or assemblies or IL2CPP output, etc... Then we diff the two set's of output. (We would exclude internal timestamps and GUIDs that WOULD be different on every build. A good way to detect areas of change would be to do 2 builds of the test asset's VIRGIN C# code and diff their output... that SHOULD indicate normal places of build uniqueness that are not related to Nottorus translations.) The diffs between virgin builds and Nottorused builds SHOULD indicate areas of logic change caused by Nottorus translations. We'd then look into those areas to perfect Nottorus translation.

When I have time a few weeks from now, I will strap on the Nottorus turbine powered dune buggy and jump a few canyons with diff and a few hundred thousand lines of source code. BUT... If you or some other young hotshot with time and bones to spare wanted to run the diff gauntlet...

Seriously, I'd love input on this plan. Stridemann is improving Nottorus very quickly. I know we shouldn't do any such testing until at least version 1.02 is public. I think 1.02 may be FAR too soon for such a brutal test of Nottorus. I'll need at least a few more weeks before I have time to REALLY stress test Nottorus. I know that Google translate will murder my text for Stridemann... Perhaps it's best he doesn't know what I'm planning for his newborn baby.

SirAstral, you would know better than anyone how quickly Nottorus is improving, what do you think about my plan and when do you think we should try this sort of testing?

31. Rixtter

Rixtter

Guys, I reckon we're running before the walk has barely started.

I post on targeting community (jeez :confused:), others post on skins, stress tests etc. I think Stridemann is interested mostly on you early adopters for experience... tests for bugs, ideas for tweaks etc.

Posts from the sidelines like me are probably best left for much later, post 1.0x.

I'll leave it you guys, will help if/when I get on-board. Back to my project for now... good luck all :)

32. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Im bug testing, found the namespace thing for example. The code examples were more to demonstrate. Stick around, I think there are some good things coming :)

Rixtter likes this.
  33. RD

RD

Rixly239, I hope my walls of text on testing the parser aren't driving you or others away. If Stridemann asks me to cool it, I'll happily plan my tests in private. There are two reasons I'm so intense about getting the parser clear of show stopper problems and PROVING it with tests:

1. Nottorus was not released to the asset store or sold as beta software. The asset 'Bone Controller' is at version 0.29 and was released over a year ago on the asset store. Nottorus was released as a version 1.0 professional programmer's tool. Nottorus must be made solid or demanding professional programmer reviews will hurt the currently great reputation that Nottorus and Stridemann currently have. Stridemann has proven himself to be dedicated to fixing issues but, the issues must be fixed quickly and have believable PROOF that the parser is a serious programmer's tool and is not a beta work in progress.

2. There is a great opportunity for Nottorus to be sold as two products to two markets. Think of the parser equipped version of Nottorus as being a super-duty truck that can be used by masses of industrial customers. The non-parser version of Nottorus (which still uses all updates of the parser version except the parser) is like a standard pickup truck that can be priced lower and used by masses of lighter duty consumers. Stridemann would have one codebase to sell, maintain, and evolve but, he'd have two VERY LARGE customer bases with very different price sensitivities and demands. A super-duty buyer knows they need more, will get more, and will have to pay more. The standard pickup buyer doesn't pay for heavy duty features they don't need, gets a great tool that costs less, is easier to learn and operate, etc... that they can easily upgrade to super-duty version if needed. I feel the parser is the key differentiator between Nottorus and all other products I'm aware of. Nottorus is one of the best tools I've seen in decades. It just has to be sanded of rough spots in a provable way to convince super-duty buyers.

That's my long winded justification and market potential presentation... Hope you all understand where I'm coming from and why I'm pushing for heavily testing and refining the parser. Never meant to chase you off Rixly239. It's been fun back and forthing.

Rixtter, SirAstral and SteveB like this.
  34. unitywlp

unitywlp

i like to test it out before i buy any chance of free version ?

35. SteveB

SteveB

I'm with RD...I'm about a better product so it's about getting it all out there. This is a business, and as the consumer I have things that I like and don't like. The good thing about this level of engagement is that clearly there is more to like than not, and little things here and there could make this a polished spectacle.

If it's constructive, there's never too much...don't bail on me now bro

-Steven

Rixtter and RD like this.
  36. SirAstral

SirAstral

I only just now got version 1.02 and will start testing for the differences tomorrow, I am a bit wasted as I had some work activities take up some time for me this evening.

As far as testing the Parse, then Compile and Diff? I don't know yet, while the parser is definitely awesome to see it work, it still hickups on a lot of basic code monkey concepts.

I would keep the testing to small classes for now because you will need to clean up some nodes on Draw.

But I have found the logic does not change at all, and to be sure we are on the same page I consider the following 2 sets of code to be the same "logic" despite being written differently.

example 1
    string Variable = "hello World";

example 2
    string Variable;
    Variable = hello World";

But I consider the following bits of code to be different logic despite achieving the same result.

example 3
    Debug.Log(Contacts.Where(x => x.Name == "John"));

example 4
    foreach (contact in Contacts) {
    if (contact.Name == "John") { Debug.Log(contact) }
    }

So if you agree with my examples as what is a change in logic then I would say I have yet to witness the Parser alter the logic of anything yet. Mostly just bugs where certain nodes do not draw on graph.

37. SirAstral

SirAstral

I tend to agree with everything here, all I can say is that having the Parser is my primary interest, I do not even think I would be looking at this tool were it not for that actually, and do agree that having an entry level visual scripting asset for those not like me without the parser as a separate product might attract more buyers for the asset and get the Author more $$$ which also motivates more dev work.

Even though I am just intermediate C# nerd, I can say... I like rolling around in the Cadillac. And I definitely agree that this asset would be farking awesome outside of Unity combined with Visual Studio for business productivity apps.

Just image businesses licensing this asset by the bus loads for nothing more than just to have visual documentation of in-house code. Someone needs to Xerox Stridemann's ass and build this product to the point where no one dares to develop code with out it again!

I have not even really got to the Debugging part yet, but the visual aspects are sure to prove that Microsoft's VS has been a worthless debugging platform all along! Not like there have not been other products already doing that anyways though.

38. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Please make Demo Ver. And don't Allow To Build,Or Remove some Functionality.if it's Possible

39. RD

RD

SirAstral, thanks for your reply. You've given Stridemann plenty of patient and priceless feedback to keep him busy for a few weeks.
    I think Stridemann knows from the feedback you've given him and what has been said on this thread that parsing C# source code is seen as a key value point to some early adopter customers. He knows that he can test his parser on many of the free assets on the asset store. I think Nottorus will evolve and polish up a lot in the next few weeks as 1.03 and 1.04 come out.

Many potential customers have made it clear on this thread that a great user interface will be a key value point. I love that Nottorus seems to be very visually customizable. If the parser will allow us to embed UI customizations and icons and node notes, that will be amazing. Not having to fight over style... light/dark, vivid/muted, color/black and white, 2D/3D, flat/gradient, etc...

I agree with you that Nottorus will be a great source code documentation, learning, training, and review tool.

Imagine using the debugger to visualize information flow and real-time values and connections. I love the idea of visual debugging and probing WITHOUT making debug code confuse and clutter up the actual program source code. I HATE seeing debug code scattered through the source code! Nottorus will just render the C# without all of the visual nodes and connections that I used for probing and debugging. SWEET!

I feel we're so close to having the kinks worked out of this program, I'm starting to gnaw on my desk.

40. Rixtter

Rixtter

Heck no RD, I look forward to your posts! Nottorus really needs passionate people such as yourself! And if anyone tells you to cool it, I'll go puncture their car tyres ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I couldn't stay away after each of your replies, although a full day of not hitting F5 every 5 minutes was a nice break o_O I actually got another piece of my project code completed :cool:

But... to be evil, as a way of payback for coaxing me back... does anyone ever get a song stuck in their head? Drives you nuts, right? Well... Duran Duran, Notorious. Each time I think Nottorus, I have playback in my mind... No.. No... Notorious. Now you do too. So there :p

I don't have much to add at the minute though. I keep toying with diving in and buying but I'm trying hard to keep cool. I want to see how things play out a little longer. See the level of tutorials, see if we get more community. The latter is my number 1 reason in deciding if I proceed or not. I don't need the tool, I'm happy coding. If anything, tools slow my progress. I admit Nottorus would be different though.

I'm using FlowCanvas but honestly I'm bored of it because there is very little community and zero tutorials. I need both to find my home. If you look at the Blueprints forum, that's where I want to be... and I think Nottorus COULD get there. But go read all of my last posts lol, I just don't see it happening at least in the short term. Marketing reasons.

I actually posted an idea on Unity to take Nottorus on-board. If you think that a good idea, let me know & I'll post a link. You get to vote for it, enough votes might make them pay attention.

2nd glass of wine going down now, expect stupid replies if I post any more tonight :p:D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  41. Rixtter

Rixtter

I think advanced coding has its place; business, software houses etc. Not so much for Indies who are in control of their own code. Advanced constructs are obviously powerful, shorten code, encapsulate security... but the basics can be used to accomplish pretty much everything too. That's the level I come in at. I know nothing advanced. I'm sure delegates could help based on the overview I read. No idea what lambdas or linq are. I'm an old procedural programmer, and my code is likely ugly to those who have more time & know more... but the compiler doesn't give a monkeys. I bet you could improve my code but I'll still get the required FPS for my game. My logic is good & that's good enough for me.

So I say to you SirAstral, stick with what you know to accomplish what you need. The advanced stuff we can learn along the way. Nottorus is sure to attract high-level coders... and ALL programmers, myself included, simply love to post our genius ways of solving problems. That's why I want a big community, people like us can lurk in the background and help each other with the thought patterns... while helping others with the basics.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  42. RD

RD

I think indies are very similar to a large number of industrial professional programmers that NEED to avoid advanced coding. If you need advanced elite 'clever' coding, I'm out. I hate dealing with code where the programmer tried to find any possible use of the newest language feature. Some 'clever' coders even use unneeded reflection and break building for iOS and webgl.

The people who pay for or do the long term maintenance of code tend to push for 'obvious at a glance', 'dirt simple', 'written to be rewritten' code... 'Impressive' code is always more costly to code review, security audit, and maintain. 'Impressive' code tends to confuse less elite programmers and cause obscure bugs. (Always confuses lazy AND less elite programmers like me... I don't want to work hard to understand your code. THAT'S why I will pound on Nottorus' parser. I want to KNOW any problems are NOT because of Nottorus output.) Linear simple code is easier to code review and harder to screw up. It's hard for bugs to hide in dirt simple code. 'Clever' elite code even confuses my editor's code completion! If Nottorus chokes on 'clever' code, I'll view that as a valuable feature! At least it would be nice to have Nottorus visually indicate 'clever' code using SirAstral's 'red finger of fate' icon. I'd love to tell some programmers "Your code just got three 'red FUs'!"

There are all types of professional programmers. 'Rubber meets the road' 'gotta work on the old systems that nobody wants to pay to update' operations types have different legacy, scale, and security needs from the new system developers. They tend to need to hot fix code in two hours at 2am. They need up to date documentation that reflects the actual running system WITH patches and hot-fixes applied. This picture kind of captures the innocent clever programming view of the world.
    upload_2016-4-30_17-41-26.png
    SirAstral is right about the value of Nottorus for DOCUMENTING code. Documenting code, especially code that is changing, is a huge waste and confusion. With Nottorus, the visual document of the code, documents the code EXACTLY AS IT EXISTS IN SOURCE CODE AT THIS MOMENT. No 'out of sync' documentation!!! No pouring over old documentation to update all parts affected by a patch or new version. Nottours might not do ALL the documentation but, it may do all but the overviews and ultra-detail and security issues. If visual nodes are good enough for 95% of a program's documentation need, that's HUGE! Custom Icons can indicate more detailed documentation is needed and available. SWEET!

I agree that tutorials are critical for several reasons. Stridemann is braver than me as a marketer for launching Nottorus with a major language barrier. Given the language barrier that Stridemann has to overcome with making tutorials, I think english versions of Nottorus tutorials will have to be made by customers and community in the beginning. Busy professionals will be unlikely to have spare time to DONATE for a professional product they've paid full price for. (Hell, I haven't had spare time to allow myself to IMPORT it yet. I know me. If I import it, I will start micro testing the parser. As quickly as Nottorus is evolving right now, detailed testing would be useless and waste time I don't have.) SirAstral's testing has been extremely valuable to us all. Real world user testing, done so well at the very beginning, fixes the foundation of the tool. His honest and detailed feedback gave us all a much better understanding of the state of this new tool. That way, we could all decide if we wanted to jump in with angle grinders like SirAstral or wait a few weeks for a more polished tool.

Great tutorials made in english will be a big limitation for Nottorus sales to english speaking potential customers. The language barrier will be a big limiter for 'official' tutorials being released any time soon. Great tutorials take MANY hours to create and I don't know of many who would be willing to donate tutorials after paying $250 for a professional tool.

Rixly239, do you have any ideas about how Stridemann can get some great english tutorials done for Nottorus? I'm all out of ideas on this one.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    daville and Rixtter like this.
  43. code-blep

code-blep

I am super interested in Nottorus, and been lurking in this thread for a while now ;)

You are totally right about the time and effort that goes into videos. My video for OMT is 45mins long! Maybe if he gave a refund to a few volunteers to make some tutorials for him?

I really hope this takes off. Currently using Flow Canvas but it's a bit buggy at times.

Rixtter likes this.
  44. code-blep

code-blep

THIS! The interface needs to be flat, crisp and clean. Shiny, metallic, gradients, etc all clutter the view, and makes what looks like a great product start to feel a bit cheap...

koblavi and Rixtter like this.
  45. Rixtter

Rixtter

Past midnight & I'm too many beers in for proper insight. I want to quote a few of your comments, but this one is easiest...

Simple: you don't.

Most devs don't have time for tutorials because they are busy making the tool more robust or approachable. This is an epic fail for 99% of them, usually too blinkered to see it. It is the community that make the difference.

We should make the tutorials.

Having said that, the unique perspective of code to nodes should simplify the process for Nottorus. How hard is it to import the Rolling Ball demo, and give a brief overview of nodes vs code?

Stridemann NEEDS us to be early adopters, and actually give a damn about reaching out via posting the basics.

See my post earlier about rahuxx, or Red as I call him. Ultimately, if I were the stridedude, I would be astute and pass out some licences for those I know would promote the product. He knows nothing about Red other than his one post, but he would be the first on my team (iCanScript guru). Don't get me wrong, I don't want or deserve a freebie, but some do. But devs are code centric and see only their "baby" and not the reality of how it should be adopted.

S***, I've done it again. I'm away, 43 years of too much booze...

SirAstral and RD like this.
  46. Rixtter

Rixtter

Case in point for my last post. Give us a link to your OMT tutorial, I have zero influence but the dev may see some merit...

RD likes this.
  47. RD

RD

You make a good point about perspectives. Multiple perspectives AND Nottorus' many uses of high value make it difficult to have a one-size-fits-all tutorial or presentation. The posts in this thread show how many different types of users are excited to use Nottorus for THEIR pressing needs. Visual scripting, documentation, review, learning, visual debugging, integrating updates, etc... All sorts of time and effort savings... Even software sales and project management presentations where a customizable visual interface would simplify quickly explaining complex systems to customers or team members without making them feel stupid or me look stupid. Nottorus has many value points for many different customer perspectives. I can see many HOW TO tutorials being made to help sell MANY copies of Nottorus.
    That's a great idea to use someone's prior tutorials as a resume. That would make it far easier for Stridemann to choose who to send an evaluation copy of Nottorus to, in exchange for tutorials. Even if you don't speak the language, you can ask people on this thread if they think this person would do a great tutorial.

Rixtter likes this.
  48. Rixtter

Rixtter

Edit: I got this out of context.

An interesting idea, that some may come forward to offer help with tutorials in exchange for an evaluation copy. Sounds overly complicated though, I think this is best left on ice.

49. code-blep

code-blep

lol! I 100% agree with the Ahh, ums, etc. I hate myself for doing it, but can't seem to stop it, it's something I do all the time. I think it's the slightly awkward geek in me, filling in time while I think! As I produce more videos, I hope to get better catching myself before I do it. Either that or edit them out... that would take a while though ;)

As for the voice, it's been said before especially since I actually produce music! Shameless plug:
    https://soundcloud.com/the-serenity-vortex.

Aaaaand this is the problem, I did not mention myself to do it, as I have a full time job that is currently sucking 70+ hours a week out of me and recently worked 27 days straight (I work for an AR/VR company). This is not a permanent situation, and in a few months time it should settle down, when we get more developers in. After that? Who knows, I might be able to help then.

50. Rixtter

Rixtter

Oops, my bad, I read what I wanted to hear lol. :confused:

I'll go edit the above...

70+ hours? Sheesh. I hope you get a break real soon !!