Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Nottorus - Unlimited Visual programming plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stridemann, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Alienmadness

Alienmadness

Szaruga and Deleted User like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is working just fine for me (Iwhen using Unity 2020). The beauty of this asset, is that it can work with any version of Unity, because each new version of unity still uses c#.

3. Szaruga

Szaruga

I'm one of those people who used Nottorus (I was very happy with it). I am currently using uNode and I am also happy (although has its drawbacks, e.g. parsing cannot cope with more difficult code, but Nottorus also suffered from it)
    I started my adventure in Unreal engine learning Blueprints. I quit when I realized Blueprints were slowing down performance. Sentiment left after Blueprints is reflected in my uNode settings (most of the color type are as they were by default in Blueprints)

When it comes to Nottorus, he was left behind without support, e.g. uNode has had a more readable vertical energy flow for some time and recently got the "Find All References" function - which Nottorus probably does not have (I do not remember).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  4. AGregori

AGregori

@Szaruga are you also familiar with NodeCanvas and Bolt? If so, what's your opinion?

5. Alienmadness

Alienmadness

Neither NodeCanvas nor Bolt can generate native C# Code. which was the nice thing about Nottorus. Unode does this as well. and has a nice vertical layout.

AGregori likes this.
  6. Szaruga

Szaruga

7. AGregori

AGregori

8. itHawk

itHawk

Hi. Can you explain about Nottorus 2.1? Is it support new versions of Unity (2021, 2022) or what version of Unity do you use for stable work?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm still using nottorus with my unity 2022.1 with no problems.

10. itHawk

itHawk

I have experience with Blueprints and I want to find visual scripting for Unity. Where can I find the documentation for compare with Blueprints? Is the documentation will be enough for start as a Beginner or Playmaker will be more suitable for it?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Playmaker has better documentation than nottorus. The documentation for nottorus is lacking.

12. Alienmadness

Alienmadness

no support. i moved to uNode. updates and discord support channel. Does everything nottorus did.

13. daville

daville

Nottorus still works on newer Unity versions, but it doesn't have support anymore.

I still haven't bought uNode yet,

About the documentation, if I remember correctly Nottorus documentation went offline into the package itself, it didn't needed a lot of documentation just the basic usage of the tool, for everything else programming related, the Unity C# documentation should work and translate nicely to Nottorus (or uNode probably I assume), since they basically just write C# in a visual way, everything should be the same, I think Nottorus stayed on C# 6.0 or something like that so it doesn't support the newest C# features.