Search Unity

[RELEASED] Nodus - A simple node based visual programming system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Loken_01, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Loken_01

Loken_01

Hey Sledgeman!

In what limited free time I have, I've been working on code generation, but the main priority has been improving the workflow. Things like automatically using/setting up the event handlers on game start so you don't have to attach the components yourself, or making the drag and drop features more broad, and also implementing coroutines into the graph system.
    There's a bunch of other minor things being improved too in the background!

The major issues are trying to keep it backwards compatible, so those currently using it don't lose their work.
    The studio I work for is currently in the middle of a soft launch and getting a new office, so it's not going anywhere nearly as fast as I would like.

But I thank all of the users of Nodus for their continued patience and understanding.

Thank you all again, and I'm sorry for the limited number of updates, and the time between each.
    I don't want to push a minor update that has untested and/or broken features.

I'm also trying to gear the work of Nodus into the studio so that a team can take on the work instead of just me.
    This will improve the quality and release schedule immensely, but I will have to see how it goes.

Thank you.

- Peace

2. sledgeman

sledgeman

Pheew, just thought you wouldn´t or you can´t continue with working on it. Its a good idea to fuse your NODUS work, with your work at the studio. This could speed up some things. I guess ;-)

3. red2blue

red2blue

Hi,

your asset looks really nice. Since there is a lot of silence on this forum, I would like to know if there is any work ongoing, or is this asset dead?

Thanks

4. Loken_01

Loken_01

Hey red2blue!

Thanks for the interest!

Work is definitely still ongoing.
    Albeit very very slowly.

Unfortunately, this has gone from my main focus, to a slow burner, due to further developments with my main job and it's project.

I've barely taken a day off, but I'm hoping between Christmas and New Years to get a good swing at it.

If anyone is interested in what most of my time is actually going towards, I'll link it here. And here.

- Peace!

PS:
    If anyone has seen the recent... State... Of my own forums, then I apologise and can guarantee that the 72k spam posts have been cleared up.

5. red2blue

red2blue

Thanks for the information.

Will keep an eye on it! :)

6. Loken_01

Loken_01

Hey folks,

The package has been temporarily deprecated.
    It's still available to those who have purchased it.
    Currently, it's not in a state I am happy with.

Going by everyone's feedback, there is a lot I need to do before I'm willing to put it back up on the store.

During the holiday break I will hopefully have some spare time to get a lot of work done on it, and with my team moving into a new office soon, I should hopefully be able to move some resources to it.

Thank you for your continued patience!

7. Rixtter

Rixtter

3 months later... any updates ???