Search Unity

[RELEASED] Night Club

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lenarskiy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. caseythefirst

caseythefirst

Thank you for this! Your Nightclub is extremely popular on Altspace, many world builders have based items off this kit. In July they announced the platform is moving to URP and world builders need to update their worlds. I found the NightClub (SRP) pack (thank you so much for the free upgrade), but I was looking for a tutorial on how to upgrade an existing project built on the standard pack to a URP pack. Any tips?

2. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, if you didn't make any changes to the prefabs and textures, but only changed the main scene, then everything is simple:
    1. Open your Standard project and export your scene by unchecking the include dependencies checkbox. Close it.
    2. Create a new URP project
    3. Import the URP version of the asset into it
    4. Import the Unity project file of your scene

3. alivenow

alivenow

Is it work on Oculus Rift and Quest? Is any VR demo available for Oculus Rift or Quest?

Can you provide the total polygon count and texture size?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  4. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, unfortunately I don't have a Rift or Quest VR device for performance testing. The demo scene contains rooms, each separated by corridors, and using Occlusion Culling will only render one individual room at a time. So the total number of tris is about 5M, the average number of tris visible from one room is 1M (2M for the main dance room).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  5. unity_S4tNzxYrsV95kg

unity_S4tNzxYrsV95kg

I exported the hdrp version, but I cannot select the hdrp pipeline in the settings, since it is not in the list. What to do ?

6. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

ClubHDRPSetup1.jpg ClubHDRPSetup2.jpg

7. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

If you'll have incorrect white material on some objects just open TirgamesSRP shader graph and change White to Black as shown in the screenshot.
    ClubHDRPSetup3.jpg

8. unity_S4tNzxYrsV95kg

unity_S4tNzxYrsV95kg

When I export, the pipeline itself asks to find the script. No errors, only warnings.
    Sorry to bother you. I found the problem. I had to reinstall the hdrp package to get it working. thanks for the help

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      367.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      89.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      233.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. ProximaLabs

ProximaLabs

So, you said NPCs are not available in package. If we need NPCs dancing and and maker it lively like the video demo you have in unity store, which package is best suited for that feature.

10. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

You can find a list of used assets in this forum thread (page2), anyway I'll post it again:
    List of third party assets used in Demo and Video:
    Human Females Pack
    Human Males Pack
    All Star Character Collection
    Dance MoCap 02
    Huge Mocap
    Modern Clubbing Loops
    Sexy Dance
    Renderpeople Free Rigged Models

11. Ronitstar89

Ronitstar89

Hello I tried to build the game using this asset but the lighting in build is very weird.Is there any setting I am missing?
    The lighting is affecting objects 2000-3000 meters far away. And The disco lights are not working in builds

12. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, please email me with your Invoice ID, Unity version, render pipeline and target platform, and I'll try to help you with this issue.

13. Ice-Cold1906

Ice-Cold1906

I am struggling to get this to upload into AltspaceVR, so that I can view it as a template on my Quest 2. Has anyone successfully use Unity to upload this in the AltspaceVR?

14. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

As I know Altspace requires URP render pipeline and doesn't allow to use scripts. So as first you need to get Night Club SRP product, install URP version, remove all scripts from the product, prefabs. Hope this will work, but unfortunately without scripts some led panels wont work, email me and I'll send to you test version of prefabs with no scripts.

15. TheDJSessions

TheDJSessions

I am having a hell of a time getting it there and getting quite frustrated with this template.

16. OneUnifyApp

OneUnifyApp

Does it works on WebGL build?

17. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I haven't tried. Even if it works, then you need to take into account the large size of the uploaded file, not every user will wait for 10 minutes for the page to load

18. charleyshf

charleyshf

I was wondering how difficult it is to have this uploaded as a vrchat world? Or at least what I would need to do for this to work?

19. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, I don't have any experience in uploading any products to VRChat, if you don't have enough experience in Unity and deploying to mobile platforms I suggest you to try on some free assets before purchasing my product.

20. jononotbono

jononotbono

I'm loving the look of all your assets. I've been looking for a Nightclub asset for a while as my game has a huge plot point that revolves around finding a Night Club.

I'm just wondering, is it still modular so I can essential make it how I want?
    Also, my game is set in a dystopian future and I'm wondering if there's any way to make everything look old and dirty/ruined? That really would be killer!

Here's a link to a video of my game and will likely have your night club in it once I get to making this part of the game :)

21. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Sure it's completely modular, but please note each wall module is one sided mesh.
    I don't think this will be easy to implement with standard tools, since all materials are PBR and adding just dirt to Albedo texture won't make material look dirty since you'll need to adjust Metallic/Roughness textures too.
    Wow, it looks awesome!

P.S. you can purchase the NightClub product with a huge discount after 9 days on FLASH DEAL.

22. jononotbono

jononotbono

Wow. Ok, I'll definitely buy this. I have a few modular houses and buildings that allow me to change the look of the buildings so things can look old and dirty. Would there ever be a chance you could implement any thing like this with your assets or is it just too much work? It would be something I'd pay for, for sure!

23. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

You are the first one to ask for this, maybe if there are more requests I will think about it.

24. hopeful

hopeful

Is it a matter of applying dirt and grime decals?

25. jononotbono

jononotbono

Well I think its a bit more than that. Changing some textures to look ruined and old. When I buy it I'll try decals but that's gonna be a lot of decals

26. hopeful

hopeful

Sure, you'd be using a lot of decals, but that can give you more control and variation on the look. Depending on how you have things structured, they can be added to prefabs or put into a pool for reuse when the camera comes near.

27. jononotbono

jononotbono

So I bought Nightclub in the Flash Sales. Holy S***! Its incredible. I mean, I truly love it.

So much so, I literally just bought the Gentleman's Club too. These are going to be incredible in my game. :)

The only thing I wish these had, was a way of making them look worn in and used/old. They are so clean. Perfectly really. I'll try using decals but thinking retexturing certain things may be a solution to making everything look old.

28. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Thanks!
    I would like to know more specifically if this means a completely abandoned club in a post-apocalyptic world, or just a little dirty

29. jononotbono

jononotbono

My game is set in a post apocalyptic world but I don't want the night club to be abandoned. Its gonna be full of people. Horrible ones. :D Its going to be part of a walled city that's half ruined but half cyber punk (sort of).

Here's a few good examples of being able to customise assets to give everything a worn/different look for variation...

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/atmospheric-house-modular-192712

30. trashpop

trashpop

How can I upgrade this package (Night Club) from Built-in to HDRP/URP for free?

31. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, login with your account and visit Night Club SRP product page, and you'll see the price is zero.

hopeful likes this.