Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Night Club

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lenarskiy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, in terms of your plans.

I thought the pack that you provided was perfect. It's what people need in order to make nightclubs. There are other kits in the store that are modular like this, but to make offices, cities, sewers, science labs, schools, etc. This type of modeling is needed for customers who are building larger or more complex games, usually on desktop.

Of course, there are also customers who prefer to buy finished scenes, like archviz scenes. They don't want to do any customization. They prefer to buy a quality, finished, polished product, right down to the lightmapping, atlasing of textures, and mesh combining of all parts that don't move. Typically it is going to be used on mobile. They aren't going to customize anything, but use it as-is.

It's two different groups of customers. When a company provides one type of asset, in reviews they hear complaints from the other group of customers. So if they make an optimized single scene, the developers who like to customize complain that they want it modular, with the textures all separated out, and with many options. And if a company makes an asset that is modular, with un-optimized parts, they will get complaints from customers who want it already optimized and ready to use.

I don't think the current nightclub pack should be changed. The people who bought it for its modularity and options like it the way it is.

However, new completely finished nightclub scene assets can be made and published to the store, to satisfy the other type of customer. It seems to me that Tirgames can simply take the assets from the modular kit and make a few different nightclub scenes that are completely finished out, ready for use in a game, and sell them in the store. That would satisfy the second type of customer.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I love what you did with the old fashion night club! Are you going to do the same with the Modern Club and all of the rooms you have created already?

4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@lenarskiy Do you also have an ETA on how long the Modern Club will take? Thanks for a great asset!

5. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

hopeful likes this.
  6. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

As you can see from video only one room (and toilets) was used for Gentlemen's club from current Night Club asset.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  7. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I'm afraid I can not say until I do at least half

8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

That new club looks awesome! I can't wait to see what happens with all of the night club rooms!

lenarskiy likes this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

True, it's difficult to please both interest groups with one asset. But you can make more than one, so you can make something for one group, and something for the other group. It's win / win. :)

BTW, super job on that Gentleman's Club!

lenarskiy and SickaGames1 like this.
  10. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hope to finish and upload Night Club v2 (Modern version with corridors) within two weeks
    Night Club v2.jpg

SickaGames1 likes this.
  11. hopeful

hopeful

As a Nightclub v1 owner, do I need to save a copy of it in order to avoid losing content? Or is v2 additive? Or is it a separate asset?

SickaGames1 likes this.
  12. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I will write about this before the release

13. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

How do you like a slightly redesigned dance hall and a new Night Club boss room?
    1.jpg

2.jpg

14. hopeful

hopeful

Personally, I'm happy to have the models and the ability to move them around as I desire.

I'm sure others are happy to have something built for them. ;)

15. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

For sure this Boss room also modular, just added it to show new modules and materials, BTW new version will contain new 20 HQ materials for walls, floors and ceilings

SickaGames1 and hopeful like this.
  16. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I'm on finish line to update Night Club to v1.2. Here is Demo of new version with 100+ characters to test performance
    4.jpg

SickaGames1 likes this.
  17. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Cant wait to see it done. What are your plans beyond this?

18. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

It's DONE! Uploading files, you can already download and play executable version (link above). I decided to leave everything from the previous version and add a new map, modules and materials. So 3-4 days until Unity Asset Store will submit new version.

hopeful and SickaGames1 like this.
  19. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I see! So this is the last update for this? I can't wait to see the end result.

20. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I think this is the last big update, others will only be minor fixes

SickaGames1 likes this.
  21. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

New version is available now!

hopeful likes this.
  22. gzhenjin

gzhenjin

Hi I ve purchased this package
    But I want NPC too like video
    Can you offer the npc package too ?

23. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Executable Demo and video were made for promotional purposes and to show how my product can be used, paid assets from the Asset Store were used to create it, so I can't send them to you!
    List of used assets for Demo and Video:
    Human Females Pack
    Human Males Pack
    All Star Character Collection
    Dance MoCap 02
    Huge Mocap
    Modern Clubbing Loops
    Sexy Dance
    Renderpeople Free Rigged Models

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Fibonaccov likes this.
  24. xysverma

xysverma

Looks very exciting. Few question.. If you put the entire club in an iPhone app, how much size it will take ? Asset is 1.6GB, expanded asset might take more. Is it mobile friendly ?

25. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

HI, product intended to use for PC, but I've made build for Android of this product as is, without any modifications, and the build size is 350Mb, average FPS is 18.

xysverma likes this.
  26. xysverma

xysverma

Thanks for the info.

27. catfink

catfink

Could you possibly update your standard shader so it uses local keywords instead of global ones - trying to keep under 256 is a nightmare and the tir games standard shader is using 26 keywords right now. So hiding that away in local keywords would be very beneficial for those of us struggling with global shader keyword limits.

28. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I can't optimize it as custom shader is a Unity's Standard shader with a few features added to it, like emission tiling and RGB mask. But I'll see what can I do

29. catfink

catfink

Appreciated.

30. tatiaaaaana

tatiaaaaana

Wow Lenar and/or team. I am blown away by this. I'm more interested in the pole room with the stripper and dance animations, are these included?

31. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Product doesn't include characters and animations! Only Night Club interior. Please take a look at my post above, in which I listed all the assets that were used to create the promotional video.

32. BreynartStudios

BreynartStudios

Pretty awesome asset!

Are you still updating it or it has all the work already done?

Thanks!

33. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Thanks! I think there is nothing to add more and the product is finished

34. catfink

catfink

is it likely this will ever be available for URP or HDRP? I'm using it with built in pipeline currently but this is unlikely to be sustainable as Unity is constantly pushing for everyone to move to the new render pipelines.

35. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Sorry for the delay in reply, I have already added support for HDRP/URP in another assets - Gentlemen's Club, Oval Office and Modern Gallery and for some reason the sales of these products dropped dramatically, possibly due to the increased size of the asset, so I'm still thinking about adding HDRP/URP support to the Night Club.

36. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, I just uploaded a separate Nightclub(SRP) product compatible with HDRP and URP, of course, all users who bought the built-in version will be able to get it for free. Hope the product will be approved soon

hopeful likes this.
  37. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

38. mc_strike1979

mc_strike1979

I am new to altspace and unity. If you purchase a nightclub template is it just a case of downloading this into unity and then other to altspace for it to work?

39. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

I have no experience in Altspace, the only thing I know is it doesn't support scripts, so since my product uses scripts to animate lighting panels you won't be able to use it until you remove all of the product's scripts. And after removing all lighting panels will stop working! If you don't have enough experience in Unity and Altspace I would advise you not to buy my product, first try on other free products.

40. mc_strike1979

mc_strike1979

Hi lenarskiy, I appreciate your honesty. Many Thanks

41. mc_strike1979

mc_strike1979

What is the difference between the nightclub pack and the new one that is on offer?

42. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Since it is not possible to publish one product supporting Standard / HDRP / URP pipelines due to asset size limit, I published two products - Night Club and NightClub (SRP). Both products are identical, the first one only supports the built-in renderer, second URP/HDRP. Purchasing one product will give possibility to get for free another one.

43. sjthouvenot

sjthouvenot

Do you know the easiest way to run the VR demo executable on a Quest 2? I was hoping it would just start if I ran it during link mode. btw, looked great in the PC demo!

44. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, unfortunately I have no Quest 2 to check, only HTC Vive

45. dubois121

dubois121

Great !!!
    only the dance floor interests me ; and particularly the light animations.
    programming spotlights and other lights is easy?
    can we select a whole group of lights (or even all) is to apply a light sequencer? like that of a pinball (with 40 different effects).
    can we make full space 360 ° movements, totally randomly with spotligts and vari lite?
    are there gobos and laser?

46. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

If all you want is lighting effects, I have another PBR Stage Equipment product, but it is intended to be used in games, and has minimal functionality, no controls, just ready-made animations.

47. JohnnyDang3r

JohnnyDang3r

Hello! Awesome asset!
    I have a problem with the Shader Graph/TirGamesSRP shader though. A lot of objects using it are white as if they were Unlit. That's all the sofas, some tables, some chairs, and the rest is fine. I imported the TG Utility and the chair is white. The DoorFramLight next to is fine though, with the light animations and all.
    upload_2021-7-23_21-46-37.png
    The weird thing is that if I deactivate the lighting in the scene view the color is fine.
    upload_2021-7-23_21-46-55.png
    Did I miss a step in the setup? I'm still not very familiar with HDRP.
    I'm using Unity 2020.3.12f1 and HDRP 10.5.1
    Thanks for your help!

48. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@JohnnyDang3r I'll take a look and let you know how to fix it

49. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@JohnnyDang3r Please try import this version of shader and let know about result

50. JohnnyDang3r

JohnnyDang3r

@lenarskiy that did it, thank you so much for the quick fix!
    upload_2021-7-24_23-7-23.png

lenarskiy likes this.