Search Unity

[Released] Nice Touch - the most simple multitouch virtual input solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Jul 12, 2016.

1. reuno

reuno

Hi, I'm proud to announce I just released Nice Touch on the Asset Store.

Nice Touch is the most simple mobile input solution available on the Unity Asset Store.
    Already included in the Corgi Engine, the best platformer asset for Unity, it's a proven and battle tested solution that just gets the job done. As users of the Corgi Engine found it quite useful, I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to release it separately, so you can use it in any project. Of course if you already own the Corgi Engine, don't buy this one Smiley Happy

Minimal by design, it provides you with a way to add virtual joysticks, directional pads and buttons to your game within seconds.

You can get it now on the Asset Store!

PS : Since the last introductory post was made on the now ex-new forums, here's a new one.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  2. reuno

reuno

I've just submitted v1.1 of Nice Touch to the Asset Store.
    This version includes a few bugfixes, and introduces dynamic/repositionable joysticks, extremely easy to set up.
    I hope you'll like it!

3. reuno

reuno

v1.1 of Nice Touch just hit the store, you can get it now or update for free if you already own the asset.
    I've also updated the documentation to introduce the new features.

4. reuno

reuno

I've just submitted v1.2 of Nice Touch to the Asset Store.
    Buttons and axis can now optionnally be pressed/released without lifting the finger, but rather just by moving out of the button.

5. reuno

reuno

v1.3 of Nice Touch recently hit the store!
    It adds states to buttons and axis buttons to avoid having events triggered in the wrong order in some cases.
    And it introduces a switch from awake to start for initialization on joysticks.

I hope you'll like this new version :)

6. reuno

reuno

Just submitted v1.4 of Nice Touch to the store. This one adds swipe zones!
    I hope you'll like it!

7. rion3510rion

rion3510rion

Can I use it for 2d games?
    Please tell me how to do it.

8. reuno

reuno

@rion3510rion > Of course you can, it's an input system, it works for all types of games, just like a keyboard or a gamepad would. The input system itself doesn't know about your game's D or genre :) If you want to know more about how to use it I'd suggest looking at the demo and documentation.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  9. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi Reuno! I am interested in the Nice Touch asset for my mobile fps, but I see on the asset store it has not been update since Jun 16, 2017 will your asset still work with Unity 2019.3/FPS? I have all you other assets and would love to get this one too! Gotta catch them all ;P haha! Thx in advance!

10. reuno

reuno

Sure, it'll work. Note that if you've got the other ones, you've already got this one, it's included in TopDown, Corgi and Highroad, among others.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  11. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Oh great! Thx for getting back to me! Going to look at Corgi asset and get it there! Thx reuno

12. funlabsfinance

funlabsfinance

Hi i have purchased Nice touch and later Purchased Feel Package. When importing both in my project i get error in MMTools files not found. How can i resolve this issue?

13. reuno

reuno

14. 3CHO12

3CHO12

Hello, I viewed swipe zone demo in input demo of topdown....I still can't figure out how to move character by swiping. I think I am just misunderstanding how to use.

15. reuno

reuno

@3CHO12 > You can see how it's used in that demo. It exposes a MMSwipeEvent you can listen for, that will give you the swipes' direction, angle, length, origin, destination and duration.

upload_2022-12-27_11-1-31.png

3CHO12 likes this.
  16. markosijan134

markosijan134

Thank you for making this it really helps when I build games.

reuno likes this.