Search Unity

[RELEASED] NexPlayer Video Plugin for Unity - Bring Video Streaming Into Unity Apps (Android & iOS)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NexPlayer_Unity, Feb 14, 2020.

1. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

The premium video streaming player for Unity games and apps!

NexPlayer is a cross-platform video streaming player that supports both regular and 360 video playback on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One S/X, Xbox Series X/S, UWP, VR Headsets, and WebGL.

The only Video Player Plugin that supports HLS & DASH streaming with Widevine DRM protection for Unity games and apps on Android & iOS.

The most advanced WebGL video streaming plugin with HLS & DASH support for Unity WebGL apps. It enables high quality and seamless video experience in every browser.​

‍‍Easy to use, market proven and fully optimized over more than 15 years.
    NexPlayer for Unity was developed entirely in-house in collaboration with the native NexPlayer™ SDK. Therefore, it is fully customizable for personalized use cases and we can add any desired feature.

For more information or to request a demo, please contact us on our Website or send an email to contact.unity@nexplayer.com

Supported Platforms

Supported Platforms & Graphics APIs
    • Android
      • OpenGLES2, OpenGLES3
    • iOS
      • Metal
    • Windows
      • DirectX11 / DirectX12
    • macOS
      • Metal
    • Nintendo Switch™
      • NVN
    • Android VR Headsets
      • OpenGLES2, OpenGLES3
    • WebGL
      • WebGL 1.0 / WebGL 2.0
    • Xbox One S, Xbox One X
      • DirectX11 / DirectX12
    • Xbox Series X/S
      • DirectX11 / DirectX12
    • Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
      • DirectX11 / DirectX12

Features
    • MP4 progressive download and playback
    • HLS & DASH Streaming with ABR (Adaptive Bitrate)
    • Support for H-264 and H-265 Video Codecs
    • HLS with AES 128 encryption
    • Widevine DRM protection for Android & iOS
    • Server-Side & Client-Side Ad Insertion
    • 360 Video Playback and Virtual Reality (VR) for Google Cardboard, HTC, Daydream and Oculus, Meta Quest..
    • Up to 8K (UHD) Resolution
    • Windows & macOS Editor
    • Multi-Stream (stream multiple live events on one screen): Android & iOS
    • Multi-View (stream live event from different camera standpoints on one screen): Android & iOS
    • Offline Streaming Playback for HLS & DASH
    • Rendering Videos on 2D & 3D Objects
    • Adjustable Buffering Time
    • Subtitle support (ex. SRT, SMI, WebVTT)
    • Closed Captioning support (ex. CEA-608/708)
    • Multiple Audio & Subtitle Track Selection
    • Content Information and Statistics (Audio & Video Bitrate, Codec, Average FPS, etc.)
    • Metadata: ID3 tags

Our Unity video plugin allows the introduction of new exciting use cases within your Unity projects. With our plugin, you can use in-game actions and objects to modify video content.

If you have any questions please feel free to post under this thread. We will get back to you shortly.

Please see our GitHub Page for a more in-depth feature list, supported platforms, and a demo installation guide.

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):

• Can I play YouTube streams with the plugin?
    • No!
      Note that the plugin can’t play YouTube or other video streams if you don’t own the proper content rights.

Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.

Video Player on WebGL
    Play Video in Unity WebGL
    Adding Video to Unity WebGL with HLS and DASH streams
    HTML5 Video Player for Unity WebGL
    NexPlayer for Unity Video Player on WebGL
    Live Video in WebGL
    HTML5 player in WebGL
    Video streaming on WebGL
    Video Player WebGL

Audio and Video streaming:
    WebGL, Video Player WebGL, Unity Video Player on WebGL, Unity Video Player Plugin, Play Video in Unity WebGL, HTML5 Video Player for Unity WebGL, Live Video in WebGL, 3D, UnityEngine.Video, UnityEngine.VideoModule, Unity Engine Video, VideoPlayer.renderMode, unityplugin, Video Player component - Unity, Playing Video in Unity, Best VR Video Player for Unity, UnityEngine.VideoPlayer, VR, AR, Metaverse, Advanced video playback for Unity, Unity Asset Store, Immersive 360 video experience, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality, Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest2, Hololense, Meta Quest, Gear VR, Google Cardboard, Daydream, HTC Vive Focus, Pico Goblin & Neo, EDM, Electronic Dance Music, Audio PCM data, Audio piping to Unity, Audio Source to Unity, Adding audio to your Unity scene, UWP, Windows, Playback raw PCM, How to play .pcm file, Gets PCM audio data, Unity3D, AR, VR, XR, Amazon Interactive Video Service, Amazon IVS, timed metadata, embed metadata, metadata, ID3 tags, timestamps.
    Unity Xbox video player, Xbox One S/X, Unity video Xbox, Xbox Series X/S live, PCM audio, Playing Video in Unity, HTTP live streaming in the Metaverse, livestreaming the Metaverse, why the metaverse and live, can streaming video keep up with the metaverse

Tags:
    #video #videoplayer #player #live #streaming #livestreaming #DRM #metaverse #8K #UHD # HLS #DASH #movie #cinema #VR #360video #metadata #mediaframework #mediaplayer #iOS #android #WebGL #Nintendo #esports #liveconcert #audiosource #pcm

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  2. squishynoize

squishynoize

Id like to request a demo please I cannot seem to purchase the asset anywhere

3. nusi-89

nusi-89

Hi,
    For the demo you only need to click website.

4. ngl_ro

ngl_ro

Can it play on windows builds and webGL builds ? And how can someone get it ? Or is it just a demo and not released

5. aninoit

aninoit

Can the plugin be used for live streaming?

6. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hi @aninoit , yes it supports live streaming in HLS and DASH formats.

7. maxammadjon95

maxammadjon95

Hello @NexPlayer_Unity.
    May I check your asset demo version?
    And could I know how much does it cost?

Thanks,
    best regards

8. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hello @MaxForUnity

Please contact us on our Website or send an email to support.madrid@nexplayer.com to request a Unity demo SDK and we will answer to your question.

Thanks and best regards.

9. madhurg

madhurg

Hi,
    Can you confirm if the plugin can play Live streaming videos from youtube or any other service on hololens ?

10. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hello @madhurg

We are compatible with any server as long as it's DASH or HLS streams.
    We will check Hololens in the future. At the moment we support AR technologies like Vuforia and other VR devices.

Thanks and best regards.

11. LDVMULTIMEDIA

LDVMULTIMEDIA

Hey,
    I want to make a prefab for android app enable to stream Oculus to android app.
    Is that possible ?

12. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hello @LDVMULTIMEDIA ,

Please contact us at support.madrid@nexplayer.com and we will further help you with this question.

Thanks and best regards.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  13. Ylly-avvyland

Ylly-avvyland

Hello @NexPlayer_Unity. Is it possbile to use your player with Unity DOTS. I mean with URP and play video on texture of object which created from DOTS and rendering by hybrid render ?

14. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hi @Ylly-avvyland , we plan the support of DOTS for Q4 2021. Thanks for your interest. We do support URP but not with DOTS yet.

Ylly-avvyland likes this.
  15. markinovus

markinovus

16. ISLQ123

ISLQ123

Hi, excuse the lack of user knowledge, I'm fresh into Unity. I am trying to set the player as world space to view videos on a small computer screen in game. Do I need to set the manager as a child of the computer screen?

17. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hello @ISLQ123. That is not necessary, you only need to set the according "Render Mode" and the in-game computer screen as the target in "Media Output" in the manager.

18. Arthur-LVGameDev

Arthur-LVGameDev

I filled out [one of the] forms on your website last night, to contact you for further information -- really, mainly just for pricing, since the rest is pretty well laid out in the marketing materials & documentation. I haven't heard back yet, looking forward to hearing further info/pricing (and to seeing it be functional, heh - see below).

That said... the sample did not work in my testing.

BUG REPORT
    I tested your trial package [the one here in the asset store] and the "simple" example is not working; it hard-crashes the editor immediately upon entering play mode.

DETAILS
    Editor version: 2021.1.27f1
    Platform: macOS Big Sur (11.6)
    Computer: Mac Pro 2019 w/ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GPU

REPRO STEPS
    Create a new empty project that uses built-in renderer.
    Import your asset via package manager.
    Follow your docs to setup the "Simple" player.
    Add a GO w/ a RawImage component to the scene.
    Assign the RawImage reference to your player component, change dropdown to 'RawImage'
    Leave everything else as default (ie the default streaming URL)
    Click 'play' button to enter play mode
    RESULT: The editor crashes immediately. Reproduces every time (well, I went 3-for-3).

LMK if I'm doing something wrong or if you have a fix in the pipeline. Thanks!

Feel free to email me directly if you prefer: arthur@lvgamedev.com

19. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hi Arthur, we are updating our package at the asset store these days with nice optimizations, the demo license is not active at the moment. We will reach out to you to provide a demo while it is being updated at the store.

20. 4ipideil

4ipideil

@NexPlayer_Unity, we had a hard crash in editor as well! And we also is interesting in price. Would be nice if we could run a demo just to compare a performance from what we build on our own (good 4K-8K 360 video player is what we are looking for)

21. Arthur-LVGameDev

Arthur-LVGameDev

FYI -- After our post above, we did receive an email from NexPlayer. Unfortunately, they had to update their marketing materials & remove their support for "low latency streaming" as their Unity plugin is not currently capable of it.

They did send up an updated Unity package that worked on desktop, though (it only crashed once at least, though may have been user/config error). Unfortunately low-latency streaming support was a requirement for our project, so we aren't able to consider their product at this time.

On positive side -- once we were able to make contact w/ them via email, the communications with them were quick and detailed, which I appreciated. They were also quite receptive to feedback. And they quoted us a price, too.

22. hansoh

hansoh

@NexPlayer_Unity Hello. I want to get and display YouTube's real-time live streaming in Unity, but is it possible with this asset?
    And I don't have a business account, so please tell me how to get a demo. thank you

23. Artini

Artini

Interesting, but without a price listed, it seems not approachable for indie developers - what's a pity.
    Will search for some other solution, then.

24. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

Hi, To purchase a license plz contact us on our Website.

25. PrivHateVoid

PrivHateVoid

Very interesting, and we will contact you for further information... but god damn , show price on website guys... that could cost 50€ or 50000€, this old way to make marketing is hard to understand.. maybe they adapt the price by user.. this is not legal in my country... btw

26. jonatanvargas777

jonatanvargas777

I can't play an audio by url it can´t run in the background how can i do that?

27. NexPlayer_Unity

NexPlayer_Unity

28. unisip

unisip

Hello, I'm testing NexPlayerSimple using the latest version on the asset store, with Unity 2021.3.4 on PC.
    When I build to webgl, I get the following javascript error:
    Uncaught ReferenceError: NexPlayerStatus is not defined
    at NexPlayerUnity.js:15:200
    And I don't see the video.
    The project works fine in the Unity Editor (I do see the video playing).

I checked in the NexPlayer Build Configuration window and don't see anything suspicious.

Here is what I have in the html page:
    <script src="https://nexplayer.nexplayersdk.com/8.0.0/nexplayer.js"></script>
    <script src="https://d1s68t328djb4k.cloudfront.net/webgl/v2.3.2/NexPlayerUnity.js"></script>
    <!-- <script src="js/NexPlayerUnity.js"></script> -->
    I looked at those js files and NexPlayerStatus indeed isn't defined anywhere...

Am I missing something?

29. NexPlayerUnity

NexPlayerUnity

Hello,
    We can't reproduce your error. Could you plz send us your project with that error to unity.support@nexplayer.com? We can check it. Thanks

30. unisip

unisip

31. unisip

unisip

Could that be related to the fact that I need a licence or something, to test a WebGL build ? I just took your demo package from the assetstore

32. NexPlayerUnity

NexPlayerUnity

Could you plz contact us at unity.support@nexplayer.com?
    Unfortunately, we can't reproduce your error and none of our clients have this issue.

33. dave-mona

dave-mona

Hi, I'm evaluating this product for webgl builds.

I'm getting this error (image attached):

"ReferenceError: setWebGLKey is not defined"

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Import the package from the Unity Asset Store using the package manager.
    2. Follow the instructions here: https://github.com/NexPlayer/NexPlayer_Unity_Plugin/#example-using-material-override
    3. Switch platform to web gl
    4. Build
    5. Works in editor but in browser throws this error
    Is there a work around? Do we need to a key possibly to test actual builds outside of the editor? Is there a way to get a temp key?

upload_2022-10-20_16-59-1.png

Attached Files:

34. NexPlayerUnity

NexPlayerUnity

Hi, Please go to NexPlayer -> Build Configuration Window -> WebGL and select all the options there. Thank you

35. EvgeniiPonomarenko

EvgeniiPonomarenko

Hello, does NexPlayer support playback of locally downloaded HLS DRM Widevine videos on Android?
    I saw "Offline DRM for Local Playback" feature in description on AssetStore. When I've tried to place simple, not encrypted HLS video (.m3u8 file and .ts video parts) to local storage on Android device and tried to play .m3u8 file, caught NOT_SUPPORT_MEDIA error
    upload_2023-2-7_16-53-6.png

P.S do you have some documentation or tutorial of "How to setup Offline DRM for Local Playback"?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  36. unity_7CF275314F4CC5BAD9A1

unity_7CF275314F4CC5BAD9A1

Hi I want to test the Nexplayer Build in demo I have Requested the Demo from your website but they didn't reached out to me.
    Also the Demo License key is Not working.
    Is there Any help regarding to this?////