Search Unity

[RELEASED] Netick - AAA Networking Solution for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kakr-98, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Kakr-98

Kakr-98

Get it now!

Hi!

I am very happy to announce the release of my networking solution, Netick, which I've been developing for almost two years.

Netick is a high-level server-authoritative multiplayer solution for Unity. It makes writing quality and secure online games easier than ever, by implementing most of the features you need to build an FPS/TPS/Real-Time/Action game. It features essential standard AAA features like:

• Client-Side Prediction (CSP): CSP ensures that the client enjoys a buttery smooth lag-free gameplay experience, while also maintaining server authority by means of prediction and reconciliation. A feature considered essential in today's climate of high player demands for cheat-free experiences.
    • Lag Compensation (coming soon): Lag Compensation is the standard technique in mitigating the effects of differing round-trip delays in regard to authoritative hit-detection.
    • Optimistic Replication (Eventual consistency): Optimistic Replication allows for huge synced game states, despite using as little bandwidth as possible.
    • Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs): RPCs are a handy, intuitive, and easy way to handle events and send data.
    • Snapshot Interpolation: Snapshot Interpolation aims to provide smooth motion and rendering in the presence of a fixed-time network loop.
    • Sandboxes: Network Sandboxes revolutionize debugging and building your multiplayer games, by letting you run both the server and client (or clients) in the same project at the same time, making programming and testing multiplayer games easier and more fun than ever.
    • Area of Interest: Area of Interest end goal is that each client only receives data about objects relevant to them.
    • Abstracted Transport Layer: Netick does not enforce a low-level transport on you, you are free to use or build whatever transport for whatever protocol or service you require. A feature that's lacking in other solutions.
    • Delta Compression: With Delta Compression, Netick only sends state that changes, in contrast to wasting bandwidth on state that rarely changes.
    • Tick-Aligned Simulation: Tick-Aligned Simulation makes it possible to predict things such as waves, platforms, and elevators, which are known for their networking difficulty.
    • Code Gen: Netick uses weaving to provide an intuitive programming experience, unlike other solutions which use reflection that is slow.
    • Zero GC: Netick almost produces no garbage in its hot-path, a goal that's vital in achieving stutter-free gameplay.

And many others.

As mentioned, Netick abstracts its low-level transport layer so that you can plug in whatever transport you desire. You want dedicated servers? Use something like LiteNetLib. Perhaps you want to use Steam services? Use a Steam transport. Maybe you want to use something else? Go ahead and implement it yourself!

You don't need to worry about low-level networking and simply put all your focus on creating your actual game.

The package Includes two samples, but more are coming:

[Sample 1: FPS]

[Sample 2: Bomberman]

Getting Started:

Visit the asset store page for more details: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/205414

Documentation | API Reference | Discord | Netick.net

If you have any questions, requests, or anything, join our discord.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  2. adevien

adevien

Nice framework, already got it and added steamworks support to it. Also thanks again for the help with adding the moving platforms.

3. Kakr-98

Kakr-98

You're welcome. And thank you for all the testing and feedback along the way, it was invaluable.

4. Recon03

Recon03

Congrats on the release, its always good to see more networking solutions being added. I may check it out in the future, I have used nearly every single one released either for clients, my own games, or just to mess about..

Suggestion I would add some videos, showing examples, and get started, you will get alot of people, who have never did any net coding and are new to Unity in general.. I see alot of questions on other networking solutions, and this is normally a deal breaker for new users... if it lacks this info.

So I would get as many as possible going.. Such as movement, anything related to any of the features you offer... I would add a integration to Steam, EOS, most have that as well .. So I recommend this, because you will want to give people a reason to switch from another solution to yours as well.

For myself, I will keep my eye on it and see how you progress.

Again congrats on the release.

Just my 2 cents.

5. Kakr-98

Kakr-98

Thank you. Yes, you are right. I'm working on creating videos.

And if anyone is a YouTuber or is interested in helping me with videos and tutorials, contact me and I will give you a free copy and answer any questions, etc.

6. Kakr-98

Kakr-98

Update: I've added a new video to get you started with Netick: