Search Unity

[RELEASED] MVR Tower Defense Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by puppeteer, Sep 13, 2013.

1. puppeteer

puppeteer

This is the current method for UnityAds in my templates:

It checks every several minutes to see if we should show another ad, then waits until the next level change to show the ad ( gameover, victory, load level, etc).

How would you use Unity's in-app purchasing in the template? Buying extra starting resources? Unlocking special units?

2. Almakos

Almakos

Thank you for fast reply and thank you for the video. I'll take a more detailed look when back home
    Regarding Unity ads I'd say the easiest way is to take away life on every level start. And replenish with timer. Let's say every 15 minutes player will get one life.
    Lives can be replenished for 1 gem or by watching an ad.
    As for the in-apps there are lots of possibilities...
    For example there are mines. They are being placed instantly - no delay before they are activated. We can make usual mines to have activation delay (let's say 20 seconds) and introduce instant mines as a special item. Those can be purchased with gems. Let's say 1 gem buys 5 mines...
    Or make mines which will eliminates the whole line. Or mega-bomb which will eliminate everything.
    I understand that adding stuff like that is actually huge amount of work, but even simplest in-apps are kind of big deal in terms of monetisation.
    from my experience it's hard to sell premium (paid) apps nowadays so freemium are better way to go. so ads and in-apps are essential
    Hope that makes sense

3. puppeteer

puppeteer

Looks like the old forum is back, but it swallowed up some of the latest posts.

Anyway TL;DR answer was that I'm testing out Unity's IAP system on one of my later games. If that works out well, I'll port it over to all my other games including MvR Tower Defense.

Almakos likes this.
  4. puppeteer

puppeteer

Testing out a script that allows you to change lanes on a building or a projectile ( or any object with a collider on it ), within a limited area. Here's how it looks:

karmik likes this.
  5. karmik

karmik

Hi @puppeteer
    Yesterday i emailed requesting to send the game controller script for drag drop of units instead of click and paste units.
    Can you pls email .me the same. Sorry but i am rushing to publish my game

Probably by this weekend

puppeteer likes this.
  6. puppeteer

puppeteer

Hi,

I sent you mail with some instructions to get the drag+drop working. It needs some tweaking to fit the later version you have, but the concept is the same. Check it out!

7. karmik

karmik

Thanks. will work on it and update you.

8. crazy3dcreator

crazy3dcreator

Hi, i am so interesting with this starter kit but it is possible to recreate my own 3D game based on this kit? Thanks anyway.

puppeteer likes this.
  9. puppeteer

puppeteer

Hi,
    The template is built mainly with 2D art on tiles, but they are actually in 3D space, so technically you can have 3D models instead of the sprites. But remember that this is a horizontal linear based type of defense game, so the paths are always straight lanes ( not waypoints where the enemy can move in multiple directions ).

The main potential problem could be when changing the perspective of the camera differently for the new viewing angle, so there is a chance that the camera angle will not detect the tiles for placement well.

10. karmik

karmik

Hi @puppeteer would it be possible to update asset with new gameplay scenes like attacking the enemy rather than just defending?

puppeteer likes this.
  11. puppeteer

puppeteer

That would be nice, I made some tutorial assets for creating new units, one of them is a new robot that shoots ( you can see the tutorial in the documentation ).

But you are correct that the whole package is due for a refresh, maybe even a completely new demo with new assets that make it similar to games such as Clash Royale.

karmik likes this.
  12. karmik

karmik

That would be awsome. Even if you make it paid upgrade I am ready to pay. I would like to create a game like clash royal. Especially coming from a dev like you. Your docs and demos really help Me to figure out things i need to change when customising the asset

+1 to clash royals mode

13. Something2

Something2

Hello,
    I just bought your template and it looks amazing.
    Though can you help me as it seems many missing behaviors here?
    Thank you.
    upload_2019-9-21_17-49-31.png

14. brehiner

brehiner

I have introduced some 3d characters to the template and only work the walk action and the attack action sometimes but the others don´t work. any suggestion?

puppeteer likes this.
  15. puppeteer

puppeteer

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Can you share which animation states don't work for your characters?

16. BlooberryPi3

BlooberryPi3

Hello! I am having an issue in regards to refitting the UI for tower selection. I can't seem to change the button icons or it ends up also making the icons themselves not work?

puppeteer likes this.
  17. puppeteer

puppeteer

Even though an extremely late reply, if it's still relevant I would like to know where the issue happens. Is it when you change the sprite of the UI button, or when changing the layout ( positions ) of the UI buttons in the grid?