Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Multistory Dungeons 3D art pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mana-Station, Apr 29, 2015.

1. LukeKozakPL

LukeKozakPL

Thank you for your quick response, the fix will be appreciated and I look forward to it, because now I have to avoid designing levels with use of damaged corners.
    Btw. Multistory Dungeons are one of the best assets on asset store. Thanks for this. Great work.

2. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Thank you for the kind words! :)
    The fix is live now.

3. transat

transat

4. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Hey @transat! The pack comes with a Top-Down preset (theme) for Dungeon Architect. I was unable to find time to make a First-Person preset as well, but the pack has the necessary parts to do that - it's very modular and has a whole set of objects dedicated to First-Person (or Third-Person) view.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

transat likes this.
  5. Alien_J

Alien_J

Hey @Mana-Station any timeframe when you may have an update?

6. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Hey @Alien_J! We are about to release a new pack and everything else is on hold right now :) Do you need something specific? Or just wondering if I'm still alive (which I appreciate) :D?

Duffer123 likes this.
  7. Duffer123

Duffer123

A new pack you say?

8. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Duffer123 Yes :) It already works on UE4, we're now making a proper Unity version.
    Screenshots from UE4 (would probably need HDRP to look like this in Unity):

Duffer123, TeagansDad and blacksun666 like this.
  9. Duffer123

Duffer123

Looks beautiful - what is it - what is the pack theme (aside from what I see, and I can guess)...

10. Alien_J

Alien_J

Just wondering about any extra texture options that may be coming. I can work through the current atlas base not texturing correctly on some of the architectures.

Digging the screenshots of the new pack by the way.

11. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Thank you! :) It's a castles, dungeons and ruins builder. We wanted to make sure you could build both dungeon and outdoor areas with one set of objects.

Oh yeah, I did check that one right away and honestly didn't find any issues you are describing. I'm not saying you made up the problem, I just couldn't find it. It would be really helpful if you give us more information to work with: the engine version you are using, a path to the objects and their names, maybe a couple of screenshots if applicable. I hope that's not too much to ask :)

Thanks ! :)

12. Alien_J

Alien_J

So I looked at it with Unity versions 2019.3.7 and 2019.2.2. Installed the Linear mobile versions with LWRP.

The objects are in: Multistory Dungeons 2 > Meshes > SRC_Architecture > Archway_08/09. But these are just two examples.

Dragged and dropped each prefab into the hierarchy.
    You can see what I mean by it not texturing correctly. But...

Unpack Prefab

Then I have to drag the mesh itself out from the prefab.

13. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Alien_J Thank you very much for the screenshots, that clarifies it.

"Meshes" folder contains FBX meshes from Maya, they are not supposed to be used directly in the scene :) It's easy to identify them - the Inspector window will show Import Settings if you click on one of them in the Project view.

The parts that are not unwrapped as expected are mesh colliders and they are invisible in the final asset.

Please use the assets from Multistory Dungeons 2 -> Prefabs instead. We organized them by categories, set them up with colliders and everything else :) Would be no need to unpack them.

I hope that helped! :) Let me know if you have further questions!

Alien_J likes this.
  14. Alien_J

Alien_J

Doooooope! Seriously?

Well then, I'll be editing my review. Thanks.

15. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Alien_J No problem! :) I'm glad you can work comfortably now!

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The new pack looks amazing. Cant wait to see what I can make with it.

17. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Rajmahal likes this.
  18. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Playing with HDRP here. This is not final, just wanted to share it real quick :) What do you think?

19. JDrem1

JDrem1

Utterly Fantastic! :eek::D

Mana-Station likes this.
  20. bradbecker

bradbecker

Looks beautiful. Is it all ruins or are there non-destroyed versions too, @Mana-Station ?

21. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@bradbecker Thank you! :) It's both ruins and castle/fortress parts with interiors, roofs and towers:

22. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Epic stuff. The overall mood and level of detail is incredible.

Mana-Station likes this.
  23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Congrats on the launch!

Mana-Station likes this.
  24. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Tanks a lot man! :)

Thanks for your patience, everybody! I'm gonna create a dedicated forum page for Lordenfel very soon.

25. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

ScourgeGames likes this.
  26. alexisbehier22

alexisbehier22

Hello, your work is amazing !
    I have two little problems, I have a lot of missing script on the light of the dungeons Architect and Dun Gen Preset. the DA Post-processing Settings is missing too.
    Do you know where it can come from?
    upload_2020-11-20_16-27-46.png
    Also all FX particle of torch are pink (missing material on renderer). I have to assign all material by hand. Is it a problem from me ?
    (This bug is visible on the Demo_DungeonArchitect_MD scene)

upload_2020-11-20_16-24-32.png

I'm use the LWPR_Multistory_Dungeons_2019.2 on URP unity 2020.1.12f

Edit : I fixed my second problem by replacing the prefabs on "Modules" file with the prefabs on root files.
    For my first problem i just remove the missing script of my prefabs but I remain curious about these script.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  27. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! Thanks for reporting this and providing such an accurate description! Looks like something went wrong after updates. We'll fix it as soon as we can. Thanks again for supporting us! :)

28. bradbecker

bradbecker

@ManaStation - I've installed MSD in the past (1.6) and then installed the updates over the top with the corrected scale (1.7?) and now I have a lot of MSD files. :) The game is first person, so I don't need any top-down assets, etc. Which folders are safe to delete in that case?

29. ManaStation

ManaStation

@bradbecker I see, thanks for the details! You can keep the "Multistory Dungeons 2" folder and delete the other versions then. We've put the scale corrected files there to avoid overwriting and destroying your previous work. I don't think you should clean up inside this folder, because many models are still used in 1-st person projects, even if they aren't in the "FIRST-PERSON" subfolder.
    Hope that helped! :)

30. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

I just bought this asset and I am able to walk through a wall ... first doorway on left of starting point for first person mobile gama demo
    upload_2021-5-1_13-40-56.png

ManaStation likes this.
  31. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! Thanks a lot for purchasing and reporting the problem! :)
    We'll fix it right away.
    Hope you like the pack overall and good luck with your projects!

32. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

Hey manaStation, Don't suppose you have a discord server? :) Looking to buy this asset

33. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! Thanks for your interest! Yeah, we don't have a discord server yet. :) How can we help? Please feel free to ask anything here or via email (manastation3d@gmail.com).

34. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

I have an asset that basically voxelises meshes, Am i allowed to use this on your asset to create voxelised versions of the asset pack? (For use in my personal project)

35. ManaStation

ManaStation

I see :) The license allows you to modify the assets and use them as a part of a media project (paid or free). For example, if you're making a game and want to modify the assets to fit the art style, then that's is ok. It's not ok to resell the assets themselves (modified or not), I'm sure this is obvious :)

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions!

36. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@ManaStation Just wanted to give you a heads up. For the First-Person demo DunGen tilesets, the following tiles will cause issues:

FP_Room_02
    FP_Room_11

There may be others, but I haven't looked at all of the latest. The problem is that there is an opening on both of those that will allow the First-Person to go right into The Void (aka the Outer Void, the Timeless Void, the Everlasting Dark, the Ancient Darkness, and "the Outside" in LOTR lore). Example from FP_Room_02:

upload_2022-1-14_1-48-11.png

Since that's not an entry/exit door, it's just a gateway to Hell, or whatever exists in the Void. I'm guessing that's a bugaboo that you missed ;).

Here's FP_Room_11

upload_2022-1-14_1-51-5.png

37. ManaStation

ManaStation

Seems like it does! :eek: What the.. what? After so many tests and "doublechecks"...
    Thank you for reporting, we definitely need to fix this :)

ScourgeGames likes this.
  38. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

No worries :).

I don't think it's always been that way. I've used that dungeon FPS in DunGen to prototype a bazillion things, so I cannot figure out if something changed? It's easy enough for me to deal with, but some other newer folks may get frustrated.

Still awesome, though. Anyway, here's something fun.

Duffer123 likes this.
  39. ManaStation

ManaStation

That's true :) Thanks a lot for sharing the video! Seems like you've made good progress!

40. Shylos

Shylos

Hello, I'm having trouble with an error upon installing Multistory Dungeons in HDRP project. It's telling me that I'm missing the FPSController...
    Prefab instance problem. Missing Prefab Asset: 'FPSController (Missing Prefab with guid: 5e9e851c0e142814dac026a256ba2ac0)'

Any suggestions on how to fix this properly before I butcher everything, lol.

41. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hello, thank you for purchasing Multistory Dungeons!
    You can just delete the offending prefab from the scene. There is no scripts in the pack so you won't mess up anything.
    I probably used the old standard controller to build a playable demo and forgot to remove it from the scene.
    Good luck with your projects! :)