Search Unity

[Released] MultipleTags - Multiple tags using the Unity tag system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aidesigner, Sep 12, 2017.

1. aidesigner

aidesigner

Introducing MulitpleTags 1.0 (Asset store product):

-Every AiUnity product rating has been five stars.
    -Please use dedicated Multiple Tags Forum to keep this thread clean.

Multiple tags with the existing Unity tag system.

Highlights:
    • Solely utilizes the existing Unity tag system.
    • Intuitive find APIs that handle multiple tags.
    • Auto create type safe tag access script.
    • Advanced GUI shows and modifies tags
    • AiUnity website/forum, video tutorials, manuals, tool-tips, API reference, and interviews.

MulitpleTags feature spotlight: Multiple tags utilizes the existing Unity tag system:
    This means you do not have to add components to your gameObjects or add a gameObject to your hierarchy. This is accomplished by stitching multiple tags together with a backslash, which becomes a tag in the Unity tag system. By delineating tags with backslashes the Unity tag system will present a tag path in a concise hierarchical menu structure. To augment the Unity tag interface an extremely powerful and elegant tag manager editor GUI is provided.

*Sales have started to ramp up:) Please rate product as this makes all the difference.

Overview:
    MultipleTags enables you to apply multiple tags to a GameObject, solely using the existing Unity tag system. This is done by stitching tags together to form a tagPath (i.e. T1/T2/T3). By delineating tags with backslashes the Unity tag system will present a tagPath in a concise hierarchical menu structure. To augment the Unity tag interface an extremely powerful and elegant tag manager editor GUI is provided. The tag manager makes it easy to add/remove tags, find gameObjects by tag, optimize tags, generate a type safe tag access file, and much more (See screenshots). The tag manager also displays the tags associated with the currently selected gameObject(s). MulitpleTags also provides the ability to use tag groups to facilitate organization and discovery (i.e. Color.Red).

At runtime an intuitive set of APIs are available to harness the power of having multiple tags. FindGameObjectsWithTags API exists to find gameObjects with specfied tag(s), while gameObject extension methods allow you to refine your search. The extension methods also allow you to add/remove tags at runtime (Tags must exist in Unity). When searching for gameObjects a boolean enumeration is available or for greater flexibility use a free-form expression (i.e. (Tag1 | Tag2) & !Tag3). The search expression also supports regex syntax (i.e. Tag.*). To help form and test a search expression use the dropdown menu in the GUI "Find tags" section.

MultipleTags can manually or automatically generate a type safe tag access script (i.e. TagAccess.cs). This enables type safety, code completion, and boosts performance of the tag search APIs. Also related is the AiUnity flagship ScriptBuilder product, which uses builders to generate any Unity script. It includes the builder TagBuilder, if you wish to gain direct control of the Tag Access script generation.

Features:
    -Completely utilizes Unity tag system.
    -The Unity tag manager is augmented by a comprehensive tag GUI control panel.
    -Select GameObject(s) in hierarchy to reveal and modify tags in GUI.
    -Search/modify Unity tags from GUI.
    -Search/modify gameObject tags from GUI.
    -Use tag access script to reference Unity tags in a type safe manner.
    -APIs available to find gameObjects using tag name, logic expression, or Regex.
    -APIs can find gameObjects using group tag syntax (i.e. Vehicle.Car).
    -APIs can find all gameObjects in a particular group (i.e. Vehicle).
    -GameObject extension methods enable search refinement and tag modification.
    -Automatic or manual creation of a type safe tag access script (TagAccess.cs).
    -GUI optimize command allows quick cleanup/optimization of existing tags.
    -GUI themed for light and dark skin.
    -Works with AiUnity products ScriptBuilder, NLog, and CLog.
    -Website, API Reference, Videos, and forums available for support.
    -Tested on .NET 3.5 and 4.6.
    -Full source code provided.

Video tutorial playlist:

AiUnity creates powerful Unity products that impact the common developer:
    ScriptBuilder
    - Automatically generate any script (i.e. Type safe tag access script or animator controller access script).
    NLog Logger - A powerful logger that can control log level per class, adjust content, and compile out log statements.
    CLog Logger - A flexible logger that enables you to dynamically choose a custom or included logger for each platform.

Thanks,
    aidesigner

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. aidesigner

aidesigner

MultipleTags screenshots:

Shows multiple tags with the Unity GUI or advanced MultipleTags GUI:

Use MultipleTags GUI to find a manipulate multiple tags of a gameObject:

Use MultipleTags APIs to search for gameObjects with multiple tags:

3. 2dgame

2dgame

This looks really interesting. Purchased!

4. aidesigner

aidesigner

So very kind and I stand ready for any questions. Since I have just started a review would be most helpful.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  5. aidesigner

aidesigner

MulitpleTags feature spotlight: Multiple tags utilizes the existing Unity tag system:

This means you do not have to add components to your gameObjects or add a gameObject to your hierarchy. This is accomplished by stitching multiple tags together with a backslash, which becomes a tag in the Unity tag system.
    By delineating tags with backslashes the Unity tag system will present a tag path in a concise hierarchical menu structure. To augment the Unity tag interface an extremely powerful and elegant tag manager editor GUI is provided.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. aidesigner

aidesigner

MulitpleTags feature spotlight: Powerful and intuitive find APIs that handle multiple tags:

At runtime an intuitive set of APIs are available to harness the power of having multiple tags. FindGameObjectsWithTags API exists to find gameObjects with specified tag(s), while gameObject extension methods allow you to refine your search. The extension methods also allow you to add/remove tags at runtime (Tags must exist in Unity). To help form and test a search expression use the drop-down menu in the GUI "Find tags" section.

APIs can find GameObjects based upon multiple/type safe tag(s)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // Find gameObjects with tag "T1".
    2. GameObject[] gameObjects = TagService.FindGameObjectsWithTags("T1");
    3. // Find gameObjects with tags "T1" or "T3" in a type safe manner.
    4. gameObjects = TagService.FindGameObjectsWithTags(TagLogic.Or, TagAccessExample.T1, TagAccessExample.T3);
    5. // Find gameObjects with tags "T1" or "T3", and is Color.Red.
    6. gameObjects = TagService.FindGameObjectsWithTags("(T1 | T3) & Color.Red");
    7. // Use regex pattern to find gameObjects with tags starting with "T"
    8. gameObjects = TagService.FindGameObjectsWithTags("T.*");
    9. // Use extension method to refine search to require tag "T3"
    10. gameObjects = gameObjects.FindGameObjectsWithTags(TagLogic.And, TagAccessExample.T3);

7. aidesigner

aidesigner

MultipleTags feature spotlight: An insane level of documentation, tutorials, and support is available.

At the moment there exists detailed screenshots, illustrated video tutorials, dedicated forums, chat service, dedicated website, API references, FAQ webpage, Unity forum thread, quick starts, editor tooltips/links, and PDF manuals. In addition I test all AiUnity products for at least 6 months before release. Perhaps it works to well as I am not receiving questions.

*Sales have started to ramp up:) Please rate this product as it makes all the difference.

8. aidesigner

aidesigner

The AiUnity asset store products that can really help the common developer:

ScriptBuilder -
    Automatically generate any script (i.e. Type safe Tag or AnimatorController access script).
    NLog Logger - A powerful logger that can control log level per class, adjust content, and compile out log statements.
    MultipleTags - Multiple tags on gameObjects using only the existing Unity tag system.
    CLog Logger - A flexible logger that enables you to dynamically choose a custom or included logger for each platform.

9. aidesigner

aidesigner

Secret price cut just became available on AiUnity products (15% to 33% OFF).

10. aidesigner

aidesigner

Verified on Unity 2017.x, 2018.1, and 2018.2.

11. aidesigner

aidesigner

You can now find a live interview, where I discuss all AiUnity products with Messy Coder.