Search Unity

[RELEASED] MULTIPLAYER SURVIVAL TEMPLATE

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Nitugard, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderNZ

CommanderNZ

Built the project as per instructions and YouTube videos but when I went to host the game my friend could not see it in the server list. Same thing when he hosted it, I couldn't see it.
    Slightly disappointed in that, is there some ping setting that I am missing that stopping them from showing up?

2. Legend458

Legend458

That is an issue this Youtuber was having while showing this asset:

Is your friend in a different country? I think that is why the issue happens, not sure why though.

3. CommanderNZ

CommanderNZ

Yeah, that is the exact issue I am having.
    Kind of annoying because I don't have anyone in my country to test it with.
    There must be a setting in the net Manger or something that causes this.

4. Nitugard

Nitugard

Is there any error? Try hosting it in editor and check out console.

5. CommanderNZ

CommanderNZ

There are no errors.

6. CommanderNZ

CommanderNZ

Nitugard likes this.
  7. Nitugard

Nitugard

8. TechSins

TechSins

9. volfase

volfase

newest version lags very match in multiplayer (Localhost)

10. Nitugard

Nitugard

I am quite aware of the issue and I am working on a new update which will fix it.

11. TechSins

TechSins

When will new update be out?

12. Artificialized

Artificialized

Hey how are things going with the asset Onedragutin?

13. Nitugard

Nitugard

Hi,

I started from scratch and made a lot of progress. This won't be update but rather whole new asset. I'll most likely keep inventory and item system from the previous asset only.

Soon I'll start posting regular updates here.
    From the asset that I am creating I'll create multiple game examples.

14. Supgarn

Supgarn

@OneDragutin You will upgrade new version of survival multiplayer in this week?

15. Nitugard

Nitugard

No, sorry. This may be separate asset, I haven't decided yet.
    Anyway it won't be finished this week.

16. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

So we need to pay a new one asset ?

volfase likes this.
  17. Kalle801

Kalle801

seems so lol

18. Nitugard

Nitugard

Yes, most likely that will be the case.

19. Kalle801

Kalle801

The next project will have errors and you will create a "new one" then again and ppl again have to pay... Are you serious? lol

20. Nitugard

Nitugard

Wait, why are you so sure that next project will have any bugs? I am serious with this project that's why it is taking a lot of time, not single bug will be there.

21. Nitugard

Nitugard

I am not sure if I'll be opening new thread, for now here is the first video update of the asset:

22. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Did I read this thread correctly....

Dev releases this asset. Has bugs and issues. Rather then support it and fix it, the dev proceeds to abandon said project and makes a new one instead and wants people to pay for that instead.

And people thought Ultimate Survival has problems. At least that dev is moving forward and not leaving everyone out to dry.

Why would anyone buy anything from this dev again? Is this acceptable or is there more here at play?

23. Nitugard

Nitugard

For the price and amount of work put into the asset I think it is pretty good deal. It would save anyone months of work...
    Also I didn't say I abandoned it. I am still supporting it.

24. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

This is a common them with asset store devs now. Make an asset that is marginally successful, get some feedback, ignore it for the current asset, take feedback and make a 'new' asset and charge for it again, rinse, repeat.

Cybit and thenamesace like this.
  25. thenamesace

thenamesace

Yea I had high hopes for this asset even though I don’t need or use it I supported the dev by buying it I won’t be buying anything else from this dev

Cybit and CaptainMurphy like this.
  26. Nitugard

Nitugard

I deprecated asset from the store, I won't be making any new updates or posting any new assets.

Once again thanks to everyone who supported me.

27. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Yeah, it could have been a pretty big success, considering the only other competitor hasn't posted a functional multiplayer version in a year, and has strung along buyers with tons of promises and no delivery. All it needed was a few updates to the system, a clear vision (you know, not deciding half way through that it should be minecraft), and a consistent set of patches to reach an end goal. I am guessing we will never see a decent multiplayer survival asset in the next couple of years.
    So a couple critiques about your plan to charge again for the same asset features that we already paid for and you are done? Glad I wasn't relying on this asset for a game plan or prototype.

28. Kalle801

Kalle801

Your uploaded video does not work.

29. Nitugard

Nitugard

You just can't stop. Can you?

I know, but sadly I removed it.

30. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Unlike your work ethic, no. You gotta build a thicker skin if you plan to work in game dev. First negative review and you are going to close up shop? That is really not a confidence booster for customers.

31. Kalle801

Kalle801

Why you removed it? Lets see how it goes. Maybe its worth it.

32. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ouch. Had high hopes too.
    No Updates in like 6-7 Months and now he deprecated it.

Thanks for nothing.

volfase likes this.
  33. Nitugard

Nitugard

I'm not going to quit that easily, I am still going to continue developing this project. It is not going to be published on asset store since I'll be using assets from the asset store to make it look epic. This just won't be survival multiplayer template but rather just multiplayer fps project.

I'll post updates on youtube channel and here. For all my customers and those who supported me I'll give my best to make up with this project.

I'll post a new video once I replace cartoon looking models with models from the asset store, I really think it will be epic project with better models, animations and effects and of course with best multiplayer experience.

34. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

So instead of fixing the issues that are out there on this asset you are just deprecating it and moving onto your own projects? Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

35. volfase

volfase

please do not buy this gay assets he is scamming.

36. Nitugard

Nitugard

You people with your thick skin. I get it now that you would not be happy with whatever I did.

So let's just sum up this thread for those who forgot:
    You need more than a template?
    YES! We need more, better, more stuff.
    Is it okay now?
    NO! There are bugs, fix it please.
    Okay I'll do it.
    (5 months of my work)
    I'll be posting a new asset which will have everything improved.
    Do we need to pay for it?
    YES!
    No way, this is scam. All you care about is money.
    (asset is deprecated)
    Flaming continues...

So what could I do? Build that thick skin you are suggesting? Would you stop offending me as time passes?
    To answer all this: No way!

Take a look at thread title it clearly says template. And it was one of the best multiplayer templates on the store.It is really not my fault that you don't know how to continue working on it or how to improve it. Sadly nothing is perfect. That asset was life safer, there are inventory systems for single player that cost as much as my asset.
    I am saying this for those that do not know what they actually bought.

robymv likes this.
  37. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Lets sum up the actual timeline.
    ~March 2017 - Asset put on store and forum thread started
    ~April 2017 - Asked if it should remove server authority
    ~May 2017 - Last known update came out
    ~June 2017 - Jerky MP Performance reported
    ~June 2017 - Said it was going to become a minecraft clone
    ~July 2017 - Claim that the next 'update' is a whole new version, no mention of price hike / new asset
    ~Aug 2017 - Another claimed update
    ~Sept 2017 - Claim it is getting stripped down to be a simple MP shooter
    ~Nov 9 2017 - Lag is still there
    ~Nov 10 2017 - Claim an update is coming for MP lag
    ~Nov 11 2017 - Claim to be starting from scratch (again) and not fixing the reported lag bug
    ~Nov 12 2017 - Now claim it will be a new asset

So lets break this down. Asset came out in March, got 2 updates until May, lost sight of the project's scope to make it minecraft, ditched minecraft clone, decided it needed a whole 'new' version instead of an update, claim it will now be a shooter template, claim that bugs will be fixed, decide to start over again, and then claiming it will be a new asset that will cost those of us waiting for updates even MORE money. That about sum it up?

Firesoft likes this.
  38. Nitugard

Nitugard

Yes, really nice that you pulled up the dates. lol
    I was full of ideas...no one seemed to care back then for what I was going for.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  39. Cybit

Cybit

Seems to be the case more often than not anymore with assets. @OneDragutin - I can understand their frustration, you did start an asset promising to continue development on said asset. Being on of those who believed in your work and supported it. I must say I two am disappointed and do feel a bit scammed here.

40. Tegleg

Tegleg

41. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Apparently that simple fix is to rewrite the asset from scratch.
    I pulled up dates and specific examples to keep the pity party to a minimum. No one was attacking you until it became apparent that there was never going to be a new version coming out that fixes the lag or adds any of the AI features that were promised. We were hoping you were going for a 'multiplayer survival asset' but that kept changing every time I would check on the thread.

thenamesace likes this.
  42. Nitugard

Nitugard

Animation lag could be improved by client side prediction without need for server to send animation updates.
    Not sure what else was laggy. If camera is not smooth enough it could be removed from server authority and make it local only.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  43. Kalle801

Kalle801

What is your youtube channel pls?

44. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

This is completely useless to your customers. You cannot publish this legally anywhere. Sure you can release your own game but using assets from the store means you cannot give out that project to other people because you are now pirating their work. Since is against the TOS to include assets from the store in a project your selling.

So to me this sounds like now your moving on from ripping off your customers to the dev's who create and sell on the store.

You can NOT re-distribute the file, no matter how much you modify it you can use it but not share or re-sell it.

https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms => see: Section 3.8.

So lets say you then remove all the asset store files and then try to sell it which means people have to now purchase a license for all the assets you included. This is just a giant nightmare. Why would anyone support this?

45. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Wow... Actually really shocked about this asset... Thank god I didn't purchase it but I had my eye on it.
    So let me get this straight, the developer stops updating the asset and then deprecates it when things get too challenging on the programming/networking side? If you can't handle problem solving or keeping customers happy maybe it's time to give up asset/game development and move onto something a little easier... Creating a networked template for customers to use is very challenging, if you weren't willing to put forth the dedication to finish the product why did you even start??

Kalle801 likes this.
  46. Kalle801

Kalle801

Money my friend... Money.

47. Nitugard

Nitugard

So let me get this straight. Maybe it's time you shut up and go to other threads and stop bumping this one SINCE it is no longer developed.

48. Nitugard

Nitugard

Right, who needs money? Let's just all go to the stone age, are you with me?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  49. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

That's real professional lol... I'll be looking forward to your new "multiplayer fps project" to see how well that turns out when things get tough for you on the multiplayer side.. lmao

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  50. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Honnestly for the price of this asset it's really good. I have any error on Unity 5.6, and it provide you a really good base for build your game.

Of course you need to learn C# dev

Nitugard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.