Search Unity

[RELEASED] MultiOnline : multiplayer online kit - V3 now available

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VirtuElle, Aug 16, 2013.

1. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

With the new unity there are tons of errors. Most have this:
    Assets/MultiOnline/Scripts/MNetwork.cs(46,9): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.NetworkPlayer' is obsolete: `The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'

2. VirtuElle

VirtuElle

Hi, that's true, I realize few weeks ago that MO and ML was no more compatible with the new version of Unity, that's why I have definitely removed it from the asset store.

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

We just reverted back to 2018.1.1f and it worked. If anyone has made a game far along with it that's what they can do.

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Perhaps you did not have to take it off the store just let people know that it needs older versions of unity but still offers peer to peer. More than one of us are looking to make these type of games.

5. VirtuElle

VirtuElle

Thanks for you message, it's very nice, but I know form a pretty long time that MO and ML are quite outdated. The last update I made was in 2014 and I didn't take care of it anymore (except for the support). It used the old UI system, the old network system, according to me, it's not very correct for my customers and I didn't felt very good about it from a pretty long time. It seriously needed a full remastering ! So, finally this final incompatibility will probably force me to make the full new version that I promessed for years !