Search Unity

[RELEASED] Multifab v1.0.0 | Multi-prefab editing made easy

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WBagley, Oct 10, 2017.

1. WBagley

WBagley

Hi Everyone,

Have you ever tried to modify multiple prefabs at once, only to encounter Unity’s “Instance Management Disabled” message? Finally there is a multifabulous solution!

Now available on the Asset Store!

Multifab is a simple yet effective time-saving tool that we developed to improve the efficiency of our team. It’s designed to help Unity creators manage multiple prefabs at once.

Multifab allows you to create, apply or revert multiple prefabs at once, and is designed to seamlessly integrate with your workflow. It’s a must-have for all Unity users from beginner to expert and has already saved us countless hours.

Three new prefab tools: Create, Revert and Apply

Integrated with your chosen workflow, for ultimate accessibility.

Features:
    v1.0.0 – 10.10.2017

• Create prefabs of multiple game objects.
    • Apply changes across multiple prefabs.
    • Revert changes made to multiple prefabs.
    • Seamless integration with inspector.
    Helpful Links
    // The Chaos Theory Team

2. PatrickKa

PatrickKa

I got this asset and it works fine so far. However I noticed that I cannot drag & drop into my scene view anymore. It works when I drop them into the hierachy. I'm rather sure this is related to this asset that I installed. Could you please look into it? Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. NibbleByte3

NibbleByte3

I have found a bug.
    Once you put on the Multifab plugin, the user can't drag prefabs into the SceneView anymore.

This is due to the DecoratorEditor you're using. It lacks the OnSceneDrag() method, that is present in the original GameObjectInspector clas (check here) and used for this feature. A simple fix would be to add:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnSceneDrag(SceneView sceneView)
    2.     {
    3.         CallInspectorMethodWithParams("OnSceneDrag", sceneView);
    4.     }
    PP: This decorator seems to be pretty popular. I use it as well :D :D :D