Search Unity

[RELEASED] MPMP - cross platform video solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by _monoflow, Jan 25, 2016.

1. FaberVi

FaberVi

I can not get youtube videos running on Android. In the editor everything works, loaded on Android (and verified the console then 0 errors). I can not see anything at all. It's the first time I use this plugin since I bought it, I hope it works.

Any help?

2. _monoflow

_monoflow

The Youtube player is a build in feature of the VLC backend. On other platforms/backends you need a third party solution that resolves the url that you type in your browser to get the real video file for playback with MPMP. ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/29704)

3. FaberVi

FaberVi

Time ago buy this plugin right for this support ... If it's missing why to put it in description and not specify that on mobile platforms would not work without the purchase of third-party plugins? Is it possible to have a refund by sending the invoice ID?

4. LostPanda

LostPanda

@_monoflow hello, Support video Network Sync? thanks!

5. FaberVi

FaberVi

The developer has refused me the refund: in his opinion, it can only be claimed if the purchase was made at most within two weeks (it is not specified anywhere and is the only one on the store to practice this policy.) . For me it is a star in everything and for everything, never more assets than that. 80 € stolen. Nice way to deal with a customer! I am extremely bitter.

Muckel and Grakou like this.
  6. Grakou

Grakou

Thank you for this fix, but probably similar error regarding whitespace chars exists when running the app on iOS Simulator. Can you please provide a fix for this as well? Below you'll find the log:

-------- failed compiling:
    fragment evaluation shader
    WARNING: 0:4: extension 'GL_EXT_frag_depth' is not supported
    ERROR: 0:38: Use of undeclared identifier 'gl_FragDepthEXT'

Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' failed.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
    UnloadTime: 266.004059 ms
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _MPMP_GetRenderEventFunc
    Referenced from: /Users/username with whitespace/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/99A99D0C-D4EA-4407-9C5C-D2C1AB6A1D44/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/52D5F1BF-6E81-40BA-A5CB-E550084D51B6/ProductName.app/ProductName
    Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _MPMP_GetRenderEventFunc
    Referenced from: /Users/username with whitespace/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/99A99D0C-D4EA-4407-9C5C-D2C1AB6A1D44/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/52D5F1BF-6E81-40BA-A5CB-E550084D51B6/ProductName.app/ProductName
    Expected in: flat namespace

Muckel likes this.
  7. Muckel

Muckel

hello,
    ... on Windows & Unity 2017 & Mac OS X ...
    the video Player is crashing the App...
    no problem with Unity3d 5.6.x ....
    switched to native Unity Video Player and all is good...
    will you fix that?
    M.

8. rbisso

rbisso

Hello, @_monoflow!

Does MPMP support AES-128 encryption over HLS? If not, is there any plan to support it, in the future?

9. _monoflow

_monoflow

Hi,
    i'm not familiar with this feature and at the moment there are no plans to support this.

10. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

This looks like a great plugin! Just curious for iOS since it's using AVFoundation, does it also support hardware video encoding from frames?
    Thanks!

11. _monoflow

_monoflow

Hi,
    yes , on mobile you have also hardware encoding.

12. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi @_monoflow, thats great thank you! Do you have a link to any documentation on this feature?

13. _monoflow

_monoflow

Ah, sorry. It's only decoding. MPMP is only a playback solution. You can't create videos.

14. djmario

djmario

hi @_monoflow,

I found this plugin and want to try streaming video RTMP with this but can not work

Please help to confirm MPMP can support RTMP for mobile platform or not and how I can test in demo plugin

Cause I consider to buy but can not test this feature

Many thanks

15. dryraa

dryraa

Hello @_monoflow,
    we bought the plugin, we are using it for an AR Android/iOS application, it worked like a charm on Unity 5.6.0f3, but now we migrated to Unity 2017.3.1f1, and downloaded the last update of MPMP, integrated everything, and now when trying to play a video on Android , for example with this link "http://download.blender.org/peach/trailer/trailer_iphone.m4v",
    it does not play the video and seems to fire an error (Block) on video load with the Load method, this does not happen on the editor, I followed this thread and did everything but it seems not to work, can this be a Unity 2017 problem or am I missing a configuration?

It would be really a shame to fallback again to Unity 5 because of this.

Thank you for your help

16. _monoflow

_monoflow

Hi dryraa,
    i guess it is a problem of the m4v format. As far as i know on Android this format is not supported. https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats.html
    Did you tested with mp4?

17. dryraa

dryraa

Hello @_monoflow,
    Thank you for your answer, yes I have tested with an mp4 link and it has exactly the same problem.
    I have also created a whole new clean project, and tried it on a 2017.1.0f3 version, with an mp4 remote file, and faced the same problem.

18. Johnfred_Fredjohns

Johnfred_Fredjohns

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool that will let me pull a live video stream from a server and play it back in Unity. Can this tool accomplish this task for me?

19. jocyf

jocyf

Hi,

I've testing this asset and I can't get any video to play in Android if that video is in a folder inside the StreamingAssets folder. So, a video in StreamingAssets/Menu/Menu.mp4 isn't playing. Any advice?

20. Nesse_M

Nesse_M

Hi @_monoflow

It appears that the SteamVR plug-in somehow influences MPMP (without actually being used in the project - just by simply "being" in the Assets folder); as soon as the SteamVR plug-in is imported, MPMP suddenly no longer seems to be able to project on the texture / material despite working fine before importing. It loads and plays the video, and audio of the videofile can even be heard while playing, but the video does not show.

Are you or is anyone else aware of this situation? It has occurred on multiple (desktop) devices (which I tested to make sure it is not a graphics-card-related issue) and happens as soon as the SteamVR plug-in is imported.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Short version: MPMP seems to encounter a problem when the SteamVR plug-in is imported, causing the video to not be projected anymore.

21. _monoflow

_monoflow

Hi,
    i guess that it is not a problem with SteamVR but a problem with linear color mode. check what color mode you use in your publish setting and if you use linear than you should enable the 'force gamme' option of the MPMP player. In the documentation of MPMP i wrote some lines of this problem and that you can use the gamma correction shader that comes with MPMP. (I have also a project with MPMP and SteamVR and this was the problem i encountered)

22. Nesse_M

Nesse_M

I see! Very informative - thank you very much! I'm going to try it out in just a moment, I'll make sure to let you know if I was successful. Thanks again for the information!

23. Nesse_M

Nesse_M

Actually, while my Color Mode normally is set to Gamma, I now realize that SteamVR, when first importing the plug-in, prompts you with a number of recommendations regarding settings, one of which is to change the Color Mode from Gamma to Linear. Honestly, I would have overlooked this had you not informed about it, so thanks again; simply telling SteamVR to not change the Color Mode is all it took!

For others encountering the problem in the future: when SteamVR asks you to override the Color Mode and change it to Linear, cancel this - you will need it to be Gamma in order for MPMP to continue working properly. (You can still change the Color Mode if you already accepted it - Player Settings > Other Settings > Rendering > Color Space)

24. Nesse_M

Nesse_M

Hi @_monoflow

I've encountered something that I hoped you could help with. I've noticed that, when playing videos with a height of 1920 pixels and H264 codec, the video is horizontally cropped.
    The same aspect ratio with H265 codec is displayed properly without any cropping; it only seems to happen with H264. Similarly, the width of the video can vary; however, a height of 1920 is cropped.
    I am not using any other plug-ins or any other MPMP-related scripts - it's just the regular player (MPMP.cs).

Are you aware of this and if so, is this intended? Does it happen in any other cases that you are aware of? And can the automatic cropping be switched off (if so, how)?

Again, thanks for any help in advance!

25. vnikopol

vnikopol

Hi. I have questions. Is there UWP (hololens) compatibility? Is there streaming HSL or RTSP support?

26. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Is support DASH/ HLS?

27. Samusan32

Samusan32

Hi, I'm running tests with the MPMP demo. It works perfectly while playing videos stored in the device both in Android and PC, but I've got a problem playing them by http. With videos with a resolution higher than 1080p it doesn't work like it should, 4K videos stop after a few seconds. It looks like after starting playing the video the buffer stops loading data. Is there any way I can fix it?

Since I've been using the plug-in to develop a VR app the resolution is very important. By the way, despite this error the plug-in is fantastic. It is easy to implement and having the videos stored in the device it couldn't work better.

In Windows it stops less frequently, and when it does it's only with some videos and keeps loading. In Android it just stops working.

28. tengkufathullah

tengkufathullah

Hi,

I purchase your plugin on Jun 2018, apparently, whenever I open the video streaming scene and return back to the main scene, then I will get a black screen, the UI seems working if I tap randomly on the screen. Please advise. It only happens on some devices which is both Samsung tab and Samsung mini-tab.

29. delacroix9999

delacroix9999

@_monoflow do MPMP supports RTMP streaming for WebGL build?

Twyker_gp likes this.
  30. Majimus

Majimus

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  31. rgonsalv

rgonsalv

Hi: This line of code,
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  _handleNativeCallback.Free();
    is generating this error when when we stop playing our app in the Editor:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: Handle is not initialized.
    2. System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle.Free () (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    3. monoflow.MPMP.OnDestroy () (at Assets/Plugins/MPMP/Scripts/MPMP.cs:863)
    Can anything be done, like checking if the handle is initialized before that line?

32. spaul13

spaul13

Can anyone please tell me how to support 360 video playback on android using this project? What modifications are required?
    Information regarding any other similar projects for android uses VLC media player will also work.

33. rgonsalv

rgonsalv

We ended up doing this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (_handleNativeCallback.IsAllocated) {
    2.                 _handleNativeCallback.Free();
    3. }

34. rgonsalv

rgonsalv

Doesn't feel like this plugin is supported anymore, since there haven't been any replies from the developer since April 2018.

Videos that played fine in the player using Unity 5.6.4 don't play for us at all in Unity 2018.4 on Windows 10. Plays ok in the Editor.

35. ktweedy1

ktweedy1

Building a standalone Windows executable, Unity 2019.4, and when I play the video doesn't play. It will play in Unity. I am using the demo version, does the demo version work in the standalone executable?

I am not getting any errors or exceptions in the console.

36. rgonsalv

rgonsalv

This is the problem we are having also and I think we are going to stop using this asset and find another, since the author appears to have abandoned it.

37. squarepixel

squarepixel

I did purchase your mpmp plugin for video play in the unity app. I am facing an issue after building a standalone app for windows (.exe ), it not working after the build but it is working fine on the unity editor. please provide me a better solution for this issue. I try everything steps you provide documentation. I am working on your demo scene but it does not work.

Sample Exe
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sIlVqxBquLVLou4G-KdKGgV2NbAPHHRR/view?usp=sharing

38. LuciaSystem

LuciaSystem

May I ask you that only MPMP Demo is showing the Red Frames in the static Seconds unlike Real Version ? If the red frames is only for the Demo, I may make to purchase it , today.

39. EducaReality_Developer

EducaReality_Developer

Hi there! I enjoy so much this asset, it's really useful. However I have a really strange issue. I have a project with Vuforia, and when it finds the target everything goes fine and the video stars playing in a plane as it should, but with no sound. The strangest thing is that if I pause and play the video from the Editor (from the Inspector) o change the volume value (which is 1 even if I don't hear it) I can suddenly hear it. I tried to pause and play or change the volume value in the script but it doesnt work (I mean it does but the sound still won't work). Any idea of why can this happen and how to solve it? Thank you for your time!