Search Unity

[Released] MoveEn: automatic animation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ykravchik, Dec 25, 2017.

1. ArkadiuszR

ArkadiuszR

Any updates on horizon? :/ Or is not worth how you "say"

2. ykravchik

ykravchik

What updates do you have in mind?

3. montenom

montenom

could this support something like an octopus or tentacle monster, or something more natural?

4. ykravchik

ykravchik

Even though you could try it for something else, I am supporting only robots related issues and features.

5. maxray

maxray

Yes, I will buy your humanoid version with hand functions, go ahead! I think generic human aspect will be popular than this by far, robot game is not popular anyway, haha

6. ykravchik

ykravchik

Great! I will post it here when its ready

JLO, ProtoPottyGames and Jovssen like this.
  7. ProtoPottyGames

ProtoPottyGames

Wow! This asset is a gem! What a great little ik system. Instantly became my 2nd favorite on the store. (I have several ik solutions..lol)
    Ditto on the humanoid with hand functionality. That would be very nice indeed. ;)

I do have a question though. I'm trying to get the rig I built with Moveen to run as quickly as possible (1:1 with the target would be ideal if possible) and at the same time not bounce around so much when it stops traveling. I suppose I should also be asking how I might adjust it so that the legs don't lag so far behind the body if traveling at a high velocity. Any tips on how I might best sort out those few things would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and again for putting this little beauty together! :)

EDIT: So I've figured out the 1:1 bit. Adding the body to the script seems to have done the trick. Just need to pinpoint where all this bouncing back and forth of the comfort zones (and/or other foot gizmos) is coming from. :)

Another Edit: It seems that setting the target to the body field in the Stepper5 script as well as making some adjustments to step speed settings has (for the most part..) solved my issue. Huzzah! :D
    There is still a bit of bouncy stuff going on but it's far less wild. Should be able to work something out from here at least.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    overthere likes this.
  8. JLO

JLO

@ykravchik I bought Moveen during the holiday sale (I didn't even know it existed until then) and I have to say it really is a hidden gem. I hope it doesn't stay hidden and I would love to see Moveen gain more users.

In my opinion I think potential buyers see Moveen as an asset strictly meant for "Mech" game development, and don't realize that it's actually a much deeper system for procedural animations. I was actually going to pass on this asset too, thinking to myself, " I'm not making a mech game, so why would I buy this asset? It would be completely useless to me". Luckily for you and me I got pass the Mech concept, and I finally saw that there was more to this asset than meets the eye.

That said, looking through the forum I've seen users request features more focused on developing humanoid and animal type rigs. I too would like to let you know that I am also interested in those kind of features. I was amazed by the the humanoid and cheetah animations on your twitter page (as well as the other animation clips and YouTube videos) those really pushed me in the direction to buying your asset (as I saw the possibilities of what your tool was capable of doing and/or achieving).

Lastly, I would also be more than happy to buy a humanoid/animal version of Moveen. One of the best ways to support a developer is by buying their products, so I hope I can continue to support your awesome work with not only kind words but with money too :D!

9. Dishes

Dishes

Hello,

I've been looking into a more elegant solution for something I'm working on, and MoveEn seemed like it but there are just a couple questions that I was hoping someone could answer before I bought it.

Seen some talk here about Humanoid/Bipedal rigs for a future pack. Is it not currently possible to create humanoid legs? Not bothered with a full rig.

And is it plausible that you could swap out or change an actor's legs completely in runtime?

Thanks

10. ProtoPottyGames

ProtoPottyGames

I tried the bipedal rig with a human a few days ago for fun and the results were surprisingly good. I don't think it would take a terrible amount for it to be a natural solution. (Also quite hilarious when trying a human with the quadruped rig.) XD

11. clagrens

clagrens

12. kilik128

kilik128

love this concept auto animation

13. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Can MoveEn work for robots that can walk on walls and change its orientations during movement? (Think spiders or geckos moving from flat ground to walls to ceiling)

14. chrisk

chrisk

The support for humanoid will be really awesome. We can get rid of walking, running, strafe animation altogether with Moveen. Traditionally, we need the same set of animation for Squat as well and it will be a huge save.

Once it's released, I'm sure we can tweak for light, or heavy style and I'm really excited just thinking.
    I'm not sure if we can give some more characteristics such as women (knees bent inward) and so on.

Is there anything you can share with us currently?

Cheers!

15. Muhamad_Faizol

Muhamad_Faizol

Hi,
    I have your asset as a must have tool after I watched your youtube videos since early last year, and when the sale happened late last year, naturally I grabbed the opportunity.

As for the roadmap for future features of this amazing product, is there any plan to refactor the core code to take advantage of the Unity's Jobs system? Also perhaps more documentations on the APIs along with it?

I am currently using this asset to do some game prototyping. So far I'm liking it a lot. Thank you for this wonderful asset.

Cheers,

16. KristianF

KristianF

What is the performance impact of moveen?

- lets say you have 100 or 200 quadrupeds moving/standing around
    - is there a way to reduce performance impact for units that are not moving currently (but doing some idling)?