Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hi, not videos but some tutorials I posted earlier is available at http://www.o3n.org/morph-3d-tutorial/

rapidrunner likes this.
  2. JonAtMorph3D

JonAtMorph3D

The AVS checks used are the default ones but may have been too strict as we have seen others with this problem, and have adjusted them a bit. Taking PayPal is coming in the next week or so. We would have loved to have all our products discounted on the Unity Asset Store for Black Friday but the Male is all we could get into their Black Friday sale.

3. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

They are high; I was playing with them yesterday; and I believe that with clothes on I was hitting 250K in Unity stat window. I did change LOD to a lower, and the worst looking LOD was still beyond 50 (fully clothed). Sadly you can't keep too many characters on screen, if this is the average poly count....a fully optimized mesh is displayed nicely for 15-25K

From what I can understand, M3D is a subset of DAZ. There was a big deal about using DAZ assets in games since ages ago; and I remember when there were beta programs about the gaming license and the decimator plugin for DAZ Studio. Then everything toned down, since the license were offered at prices absolutely ridiculous.

With DAZ license also, you would not get the right to use ALL that you purchased, but only what was considered as DAZ original; then you have to buy a single license for gaming usage for EACH vendor. Hiring an artist that would do customized and tailored mesh for you, would eventually cost less.

Now it seems that someone at DAZ understood the potential of the idea and created this new company called Morph3D, and started with basic figures to see how much interest it can catch. I did check the mesh and I believe it is the same exact mesh used for Genesis 2; you may eventually open G2 on DAZ studio; and export it with the FBX module and you should obtain a very similar approximation of the M3D figures.

This is a speculation going on in a different forum; forgot where, but if I find it I will link it. (found it : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/58351/)

If this is in fact G2, and the clothes has to be sold through M3D, for licensing reasons; I think that the option to create your own clothes is not feasible...it is the same as if you want to create clothes for G2 and sell them on DAZ probably; which is not a quick process for sure (even using marvellous designer). Plus there is the issue with the huge poly count...if I need to re-topo the figures to make them a decent size; probably I am better off to continue for the road of custom figures...I hope not because I like this project and the price is right for the average pocket.

4. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

5. umutozkan

umutozkan

Adjustment seems to have worked. I was able to checkout with same address entry. Thanks a lot.

6. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Side note: for some reason I get a DLL error when building for Windows.

Using full version of the female character

Did I miss something to configure?

7. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Anyone has the Morph character animated? Whenever I hit play the character goes to a static (completely unrelated pose). I'm using Mixamo animations and an animator that works fine on any non MCS character. Some guidelines to get this up and running would be great.

8. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Registering on the website and even contacting support through berk@morph3d.com does result in an mail undeliverable message. Not such a great feeling using Morph3d right now :(

9. celebrus

celebrus

@cygnusprojects It works for me but I need to upload the base MCS character MCSFemale/MCSMale (the fbx) to mixamo and apply the animation to the uploaded character. Then i download (without skin) the animation, set the animation type to "Humanoid", select "Copy From Other Avatar" then for source select the MCS Avatar MCSFemaleAvatar/MCSMaleAvatar.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  10. celebrus

celebrus

Does anyone else have this issue with MCS Female SciFi bundle:

I already have MCSFemale imported and reimported. I try to import the sci-fi bundle but it fails and instead opens a bunch of windows for different processes.

The error messages inside of Unity is:
    Code (csharp):
    2. m_Window
    3. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()
    5. m_Window
    8. SUCCEEDED(hr)
    11. !m_View
    13. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()
    15. !m_View
    17. UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()
    19. rc.right == m_GfxWindow->GetWidth() && rc.bottom == m_GfxWindow->GetHeight()
    * edited per suggestion of @Tinjaw

** This seems to be a problem with Unity when importing large packages. It needs to have focus when the import files dialogue box pops up. Keep focus on Unity and import will succeed.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  11. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

You should use code tags. Then you won't get emoji instead of code.

12. hopeful

hopeful

Okay, I got the Morph3D store to work. Yay!

My stupid error was that that for some reason, even though I receive twice as many emails from Morph3D as a person should, my registration and password emails went into a junk folder. I finally realized that's what happened.

I was able to get my order placed on the second try. The first time I had the gateway issue. Either they fixed something on their end and it went through in between my tries, or on my account page I entered a username and having that required field (that wasn't asked for earlier) enabled the sale.

13. tapticc

tapticc

Just picked up the MCS Male asset and looked great until I removed the vest, and then the tshirt has some skin and jeans poking through. I reimported again just in case I had created the issue by morphing but not the case. Is this just me?!

Attached Files:

14. celebrus

celebrus

Is this in the editor or in game mode? Look through the discussion, this has already been addressed.

tapticc likes this.
  15. BillO

BillO

Purchased the Morph 3D MCS Male and Espionage assets from their store. I was able to get a quick demo working using the Unity Third Person Character example provided in the Standard Assets pack. However, when creating a Mac standalone build I get the following errors:

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/Scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:156)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.

Any assistance on a possible solution would be appreciated.

16. tapticc

tapticc

Sorry yes was in editor only :)

17. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Use the 3rd person controller and copy and paste the components from it to the MCS character and you are done. The tutorial link tell you how.

It did work for me in a snap; I didn't try to use a controller that I wrote for a Mixamo character thou

18. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Same with windows build; I believe nobody ever took the time to put the figure in a scene and build a standalone application to see if it works; quite astounding.

So far no reply from the team

19. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I see this all the time in UE4; ppl put together something in editor, but never think of testing standalones.
    But this is the first time I ever see this happen with a Unity plugin, kinda funny since those guys pretend they know what they're doing.

20. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Uploading the fbx to mixamo didn't work for me because there website mentioned there was something wrong. No help there so I investigated further and got it working by setting the rig properties for all my mixamo fbx animations to a humanoid iso generic. A lot of work but with this workflow I don't even need the mixamo website any longer (you never know when they will take it offline :eek:). Got the animations working now with the MCS male. Thanks.

21. umutozkan

umutozkan

I didn't have time to test latest version yet but I had this error a few versions back. It happens because they left some editor only scripts in the buildable stuff. Caused by either not locating the script in "Editor" folder or not marking that part of the code as editor only.

It seems this issue has come back. The last time issue was resolved by the next release.

22. BillO

BillO

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. The system shows great promise. I would also like to see better documentation.

23. Recon03

Recon03

Does this work for mobile at all??

24. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

I get this with the version actually up on the store; even sent out a mail but nobody replied yet.
    As much as I understand that it is weekend time; after Thanksgiving, but I am sure that someone could take 2 minutes and address a pretty seriouos issue.

25. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

I would say no....the figure is pretty high in poly count. Just get the lite figure and try to make a build, and test it on your device.

26. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I tried all weekend to register /login the Morph3D store... Tried different browsers and emailed support too. Never seemed to complete the reg.

oh well. Saved me some money, I'm sure I'll spend it somewhere else.;)

27. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

As far as I love the the characters system with all the possibilties, there are two things that are holding me down buying this asset:
    - The support is pretty slow and you will have to wait a lot for response through mail or forums. I understand that the team is working hard and I see lot of fixes. But anyway the answers / support are coming really slow. Hope this will change in the future. Customer Support is pretty important for assets in my opinion.
    - The system right now is simply not offering the the procedural freedom it promised some time ago. I need to create clothes on my own. Right now there are 4-6 clothes aviable (For 15$ when not on sale) which is to less for creating MMOs or whatever. Same for the Hair... First I thought that you will get lot of Hair options with the pack but you will also have to buy 6 packages to get 6 hair options. Without the options to create a lot of clothes or hair options directly in the system this system is not giving me what I need to create a MMO or RPG.

The character editor itself looks awesome but not getting a way to create own stuff directly with the main package, is keeping me waiting to see what the team will do in the future with it.

I really hope something is coming soon to give MMOs a really good procedural character creator with everything you know from other commercial MMOs.

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  28. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Same over here ... I can image they lost a lot of sales.

wetcircuit likes this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Did you check your junk mail folder? That's where I found my registration confirmation link for Morph3D. Once I had that going - and once I created a username on my account page - I was able to purchase and download as expected.

wetcircuit likes this.
  30. movra

movra

Would you consider running the current sale again when you have PayPal?

31. Recon03

Recon03

I dont care about the character since i WAS told you can use your own... I care about doing the adjustments at run time like FALLOUT 4.. or like it..

32. mwituni

mwituni

Thanks for you reply.

So no good for animated games then ! :eek:
    Wonder what its on the asset-store for ... Not many people doing still renderings with Unity!

kurotatsu and Teila like this.
  33. NeoKuro

NeoKuro

I've bought this about 20 minutes ago. Most of that time was taken downloading + importing....all I can say is...WOW

My biggest concern was that the clothing was not cross-gender compatible. IE the unisex outfits (such as racing outfit, midnight outfit, uniform etc) would not work with one another, or would look silly......but after a brief disappointment when in the editor it looked as if they weren't compatible, upon running the game, my midnight rogue outfit on Bella looked SUPERB!

So essentially if you have both MCS: Male + Female like me.....you get twice the number of outfits. Aboslutely top quality products here, well worth the money I paid. I cannot wait to see your future releases.

I do have a request though, the female sci-fi outfits seem rather "skimpy" so to speak. I'd love it if there were some more "normal" ones, that had a sci-fi/futuristic (or modern) feel to them, but were more normal. Such as dresses, Tuxedos, casual clothing and such (for both male + female ;) ) basically stuff for "general" everyday use, not something you'd wear to go to a futuristic club in ;)

Super easy to setup. Lots of choices. Lots of options. Easy to customize in editor or in game....

10000% recommended, 10000% satisfied!

34. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I agree 100%. There is no reason there isn't just a hair bundle, and lets have some long hair male options with samurai ponytails, braided, and porkchop sideburns mustaches, van dykes, goatees ect, this is pretty standard for character building, I mean c'mon.

I registered and have tried to contact them through their site, email, pm, and here to get answers about making content ect, and replies are non existent, I'm severely displeased, not what I'd expect from an asset author that wants to put forward a premium asset.

What authors don't realize is that this discontent that builds here will carry for a LOOONG time, they need to get on the stick.

Here's what I'm looking/waiting for, since I can't be trusted to be so much as contacted to WORK WITH YOU GUYS MAKING CONTENT:

Ninja Gi and armor:

Samurai Gi and Armour:

Kunoichi Gi and Armor:

Here's some standards.

The balls in your court, and remember UMA has a strong community and 3rd party content creators for a reason, food for thought.

montyfi likes this.
  35. hopeful

hopeful

While I agree that more stuff and faster would be nice, especially things that can be used more universally for character customization like hair add-ons, I'm not that upset with their rate of release. They've released a number of characters recently, and if they keep releasing at the current rate then by summer there will be a whole lot to choose from.

36. montyfi

montyfi

Agree with @kurotatsu, you can loose momentum very quickly with new players entering the market, e.g.Universal Character Customization, which is quite raw at the moment, but in half a year it may be mature enough to replace MCS and such completely.

37. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Honestly I am still waiting for a response; I am going to file a complain and report a refund request pretty soon, directly to the credit card company; if I don't hear anything from them in the next few days. Hopefully I won't hear excuses like the cat chew the phone cable or illness and such; because it would be hard to believe to.

The product has issues, we know that; the support is totally lacking; and hopefully they will understand how the market works (they are coming from DAZ; I never had issues with DAZ in a decade, which is why I am surprised). Beside that, if they figure out what they want to do; I believe that this is more viable than UMA to be honest.

Now it is up to them to figure out what to do with their products; at this point I can't start a project and hope that they will improve the product. Which means that I will use eventually these figures for something, but I won't make them my base product as teh standard figure. You didn't loose me yet as customer but you are pretty close. IF you don't care about customers or future customers; then there is not much to do.

I don't understand what are you talking about.

You buy the asset; the asset is the figure and clothes; you can change the figure included with the morphs to make your own variation; this is how it works. There is no such thing as "your own"; even the clothes are supplied by them; and there is no word about when we will see the toolkit to actually make compatible clothes.

Did you try to build anything? Did you try to actually put anything else beyond that figure in a scene? Remember that the issue is never the asset per se, but how it plays when you are using in a real world scenario

How long ago did UMA came out? I did check it and it was not that easy to use. The community is built around products, the more products, the more community are created. Then if the product is good, the others are abandoned. So far UMA is the only solution for that specific usage, beside this one, which explain why it has so much traction. when you have monopoly or lack of competition is not a choice anymore :)

38. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

PRocedural? I don't think they ever mentioned procedural....it is not possible to have procedural if you use morphs directly. You can randomize morphs, but that's all. For procedural you need algorithms that will generate variations in specific constrains without intervention.

Support is non-existant to be honest; that's a big nono

Clothes creation seems to be a backburner idea from what I understand; they are planning to make money selling clothes after all; if you make your own; then they would loose income.

Assets are limited; you are getting the figure after all, not the hair and props. If you ever used Poser or DAZ Studio, and live in the DAZ ecosystem, you know how it works.

I don't think that you will ever need procedural code to generate NPC and characters in a MMO; you just need good assets made with plenty of modifiers so it actually change not only the shape but the overall look; morphs are fine if implemented correctly.

39. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Procedural might be the wrong word you are totally right. Of course there does not really exist a procedural Character System for users. My post was more about the problem trying to give users a character system with multiple customization options where pretty important parts are limited like Hair / Clothes.
    Morph3d does that right for Character modifications like height, face stuff, body stuff etc but NOT for clothes and Hairs. I understand trying to get money through cloth styles but a missing Hair customization option is pretty hard if you ask me. I never used DAZ before but if I see current commercials MMOs where you not only have 5-10 hair options (like WoW) but where you can create own hair types by changing colour, style, how long etc. Morph3D is and I fear will not give this option. You will have to buy 1 hair option through one asset and that for me is simply a bummer. Big Customization assets which contain 10 Clothes or 10 Hair Styles for 25€ each would be a good option if you ask me because the full male and woman packages cost already like 100€ together (not on sale). But buying both full packages which only come with one hairtype and clothtype and paying 15€ for one extra hair and cloth option is not an option for me.

But please don't understand me wrong. I really like the work and the update / patch speed of Morph3d. For me it's simply not payable for what I need or fully feature rich right now.

@kurotatsu
    I have the exact same problem. I will not post all the character images here because right now regarding clothes and hairs it's simply not possible ;)

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  40. movra

movra

I just successfully ran a standalone windows build with the latest Unity 5.3 beta, so it seems not that clear cut.

I quoted @JonAtMorph3D on Monday, which may have triggered an e-mail notification. Indeed when you look in his profile you'll see he last visited the forum yesterday. So he should be aware there are several questions and problems lining up in this forum since Saturday.

41. batate

batate

I havethe full male and female figures along with some of the paid content packs... but there are some basic errors that prevent anything being used - even in the simplest scene with just either Morph3D figure, basic outfit, third party controller, main camera, scene directional light and a base plane. They can be viewed in game mode in the editor previewer. But, when a web player or Windows .exe build is attempted it seems to be missing DLLs as others have reported such as the one below which appears with the Full paid figures and the Lite versions..

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/Scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:156)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)

I have reimported the assets as instructed, several times in testing in fact. Other errors show in different tests depending on whether I have content packs in installed ... some of which throw errors before the one above.

Also, there is an error/warning in all the figure models (Full and Lite, male and Female) at the Standard-2pass-doublesided.shader, and I cannot understand how it has not been spotted. Evereyone muist have this error? I assume the fix is a semi-colon added on the end at the offending line175 containing c.rgb *= (.7,.7,.7). That's what I added to get past that warning.

Shader warning in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': comma expression used where a vector constructor may have been intended at line 175 (on d3d11)

Some of the add-on pack items give missing "required human bone" errors and other errors related to deprecated facilities in Unity 5 (using 5.2.3).

It would be helpful if add on props for all content packs had a notecard to suggest an initial add on attachment point, rotation and position and for each item, as trial and error takes time. But add ons like the female moto racer helmet when attached and played in the editor game player is shifted off a bit, and the supplied hair does not fit under the helmet. A version as now along with a "under helmet" version is needed.

I e-mailed the Morph3D support e-mail with the specific details as I came across them in testing after my purchases 5 days ago, but have no reply. It would be helpful if they could report on what is happening and why so many things are not working.

Summary: things work in the editor game playback mode, but I have not managed to create any build at all on Windows (web player or .exe standalone) when trying even with a trivial scene in which the avatar is placed... even with no content pack added onto a body.

The same base scene works fine with another open source fbx avatar I have. There must be some core thing wrong in the unitypackages, or in my setup? But its not obvious where the problems are.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    rapidrunner likes this.
  42. batate

batate

It seems not to be fixed with the latest full male or female... amongst other more serious issues covered in the thread, and details posted to you support@morph3d.com last week.

43. Plutoman

Plutoman

You probably do not have the latest update. If the first version was released under, for example, Unity 5.1, and the next one was released using Unity 5.2, and you download using 5.1, I believe Unity downloads the older version.

Check that you actually have the latest version.

hopeful likes this.
  44. BillO

BillO

I have download the latest version of Unity (5.2.3) and the most recent packages of Morph 3D (11/25/15). As mentioned in previous posts, the assets work fine in the editor. However, any type of build creates the errors mentioned by others.

Any kind of response from the developer would be appreciated. Even a simple "We're working on it." would be welcomed.

rapidrunner likes this.
  45. Plutoman

Plutoman

Considering how hostile everyone has been towards them when they take a day to reply, I'm not surprised there's getting more distance in between replies.

I'm still unsure why there's so much hostility. If you're on a daily schedule, then you should probably write it yourself. Good luck writing all this in a day or two. If not, then they have previously said they are working on various fixes - and they have released multiple updates. Encourage them to respond with something positive and they might be more willing to come back to this thread.

hopeful likes this.
  46. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

I see, you meant variation. I was able to do multiple variations btw; it is only a matter of implement all the morphs that you need via code, and you can change as many as you like.

If you mean variations in hair/clothes; then you are out of luck...there is no such product that allow you to do so.. Every product require artists and 3d designers to rig them and adapt them on a specific mesh. There is no way out of that, until you create a standard . Look at what DAZ did in a decade: built their own figures; have artists that are 3rd party that make content; they make a cut on the content and make full money on the figures. Their model works, but sadly nobody wants to do it for gaming....because a game sell for more than a simple image rendered. I get both side of the argument.

Games like WOW and others; make their own assets; which imply variations. If there was someone making the same, with the same quality; 90% of the people would buy it. This thou would end up with all the games looking the same; you can recognize a DAZ asset from a mile, because everyone use them and you get used to recognize the specific style. Games are about ideas, but nowadays the look matters...nobody wants to have a carbon copy of characters, and this is why the product of modifiable characters with different clothes and hair, is restricted to a specific category of developers.

If I had few hundred thousands; I would never use such assets; I would hire a student and have him do all from scratch; so I can get the unique style that doesn't make me look bad, and he can put on his resume a published game and get some experience.

Sadly M3d is a great idea but has been implemented approximately; you get better poly reduction using directly the DAZ obj files and doing a re-topology in something like 3Dcoat; but sadly you can't use them for license reasons (although look at how many games, use imported Victoria figures). Even 3dsmax decimation modifier is able to reduce the poly count, but you are still having issues related to licensing.

47. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Well, do you realize that you are using a beta? In production you don't use beta...I can download it on a different computer and check, but I need it working in the current release version of Unity. And if issues are present, and even worst, if they know that there is an issue; I should not fix it; should be fixed and uploaded on the store; as any other company would do.

I believe that they are avoiding the confrontation; they won't answer to either email or forum posts; if I am a professional, I can't really deal with such things; I do not have time to deal with problems, which is why I pay to get an asset :) That's their choice...we all know that once that a vendor is marked on the black list; he has to change engine if he wants to sell his product, because people voice their dissatisfaction. I hope their silence is aimed at fixing issues and soon we will see a new version of the product; but if this is not the case; I foresee a long line outside their office, of people that spent hundreds in content.

48. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Yes, this is the problem that few has reported already. So far I was not able to figure out how to fix this, since I do not have pro and I cannot open their DLL.

If they know about the issue; there should be a note on the product itself; or even better, JUST FIX IT.

If they do not know; I wonder what kind of QA has been done; at Unite I believe they said that they had a ton of people testing this, and casting vote for which morphs has to be included....nobody noticed this?

IF this is a Unity 5.2 issue; nobody thought that when a new release of the engine is on the market, people upgrade and eventually would be wise to test your own packages on the new build of Unity?

I am not there with them, so I can't tell what is going on; but this silence is quite disappointing...patience goes thin if there is no communication after all.

49. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Hostile? We have different standards for hostility then.

You sell apples, an apple is bad; I try to talk to you and you look elsewhere, worrying about calling other people to your stall to sell your apples.
    Another customer find a bad apple; and another; they form a line outside your stall; and still you turn your head away and continue to sell apples to new customers.

What is the proper reaction that a bunch of customers should have, when they have paid for apples that they won't be able to eat? IS not like they want another apple NOW; but they would like the idea that the apple seller, will at least acknowledge the issue and be proactive.

EVEN if people were hostile, he is a vendor, he take money and give assets; you can't avoid to talk to people...what is this, school? I thought we are talking among perople that know how to deal with each other.

I appreciate your positive attitude; and I also wonder if you even bought anything from them and how often did you encounter such issues; but I don't get how someone can just avoid to reply.

Teila, RonnyDance and montyfi like this.
  50. batate

batate

@Plutoman, thanks for the suggestion. I actually got all the unitypackage assets directly from the Morph3D store when I purchased on Friday 27th November, and at the same time updated even my earlier Lite versions free content packages from there to be sure I was right up to date. And certainly I am not negative to Morph3D and their aims here at all. Myself, and others with the same issues, just want to get working assets.

It would be helpful if the a pacckagename-version.txt file was placed in the assets imported so it actually had embedde in it the version number of the unitypackage so issues with versions can be fixed... especially if Unity downloads different versions rather than the latest in some situations. That is a recipe for grief. Version control is very important in products like this.

@movra - another Morph3D user - gave me some excellent assistance last night comparing his setup to mine. Thanks so much for that. He believed that M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll should not be being pulled into a build at all. His M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll in the Unity Inspector only showed it as to be used in the "Editor". One tick on that.

In my Full Male avatar fresh setup using the version obtained 5 days ago... M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll was in \Assets\MORPH3D\Scripts\Plugins. There are M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll and M3D_DLL.dll in there and both show with one tick on "Any Platform".

Using the setup @movrahas as a guide, I changed that for M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll to untick that and ticked on the "EditorE box. And that does indeed allow the build to complete for web player and standalone Windows .exe. How did "all Platforms" get ticked. Was that a mistake in the unitypackages distributed or can that be changed in some way on import? I did not alter it myself.

errandfox and movra like this.