Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Radu392

Radu392

Does anyone have the most up to date shaders? The link on github is still using the pre 2018 shaders, which contain lots of errors. I've been using the Skin Deferred shader and it worked okay until now on certain clothing and characters. Now I need to be able to customize the character at runtime. Many cloths have tons of holes in them, especially when the body is animated. Some shaders show pink. The one which seems to eliminate holes completely is the 'Standard Character (Specular, Surface) one set to culling mode 'Back' and rendering mode 'Cutout', but it's doing this weird thing:

https://puu.sh/DBAwh/8321f8d605.mp4

2. Velo222

Velo222

Is this asset still going? I thought it was dead in the water, because I didn't see any MCS models on the asset store anymore. But it still looks like it's active here.

If it is still active, that's great. But why are there not model variations (i.e. clothing sets etc.....) on the asset store now? Ok, I read past posts, and I see that we can still purchase a bundle pack from DAZ 3D store, that is great!

I still would like to have more modern clothing variations for the models if I could, but I don't know if we can get more for the old MCS (now deprecated) stuff, or if I can get similar things off of DAZ 3D, or if I should wait for the new Tafi models they're working on? So many questions.

So after hearing about DAZ 3D, what is the difference between this and DAZ models? Why don't people just use DAZ 3D models? I'm a little confused, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  3. hopeful

hopeful

You have to pay a relatively hefty license fee to use DAZ. The Morph3D models don't need that. $70 for the whole pack of Morph3D models is a killer deal, if you aren't put off by the shader and other issues.

4. MiroYar

MiroYar

Sorry! I can't figure out how to compile the source code in VisualStudio. It shows an error that UnityEngine is missing and all the associated files. Where I need to place the source code, and how to register the path to this UnityEngine. I'm new to C, and I don't understand the structure of the code, or badly, but if you point the finger, I'll understand this.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  5. ceebeee

ceebeee

The process is explained here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UsingDLL.html

Most important is the last part, where you point the project to the UnityEngine.dll it sounds like you forgot to do that part.

6. MiroYar

MiroYar

Thank you very much!

7. OTGgames

OTGgames

I am trying to get a WMR build to complete successfully. It appears to only affect my machine but my partner is not having the issue. Any suggestions? At the bottom is a complete log

UnityException: Failed to run reference rewriter with command --target="Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\M3D_DLL.dll" --

Unity Version - Unity 2017.4.29F1 LTS

UWP Settings
    TargetDevice - Any
    Build Type - D3D
    SDK - Latest Installed

Player Settings
    Scripting runtime version - .Net 3.5
    Scripting Backend - .NET
    API compatability level - .NET 4.6

M3D_DLL settings
    Included Platforms - Editor, Standalone, WSAPlayer
    Platform Settings
    SDK - Any SDK
    Scripting backend - Any

UnityException: Failed to run reference rewriter with command --target="Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\M3D_DLL.dll" --additionalreferences="Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\ARM","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\ARM","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\ARM","Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64" --platform="C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\10.0.18362.0\Facade\Windows.winmd" --dbg=pdb --framework="Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed" --alt=Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles,mscorlib;System,mscorlib;System,System;System,System.ComponentModel.Composition;System,System.Core;System.CodeDom.Compiler,System;System.Collections,mscorlib;System.Collections.Concurrent,mscorlib;System.Collections.Concurrent,System;System.Collections.Generic,mscorlib;System.Collections.Generic,System;System.Collections.Generic,System.Core;System.Collections.ObjectModel,mscorlib;System.Collections.ObjectModel,System;System.Collections.Specialized,System;System.ComponentModel,System;System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations,System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations;System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.Schema,System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations;System.Data,System.Data;System.Data.Common,System.Data;System.Diagnostics,mscorlib;System.Diagnostics,System;System.Diagnostics.CodeAnalysis,mscorlib;System.Diagnostics.Contracts,mscorlib;System.Diagnostics.Tracing,mscorlib;System.Dynamic,System.Core;System.Globalization,mscorlib;System.IO,mscorlib;System.IO,System;System.IO,System.Core;System.IO,System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.UI.Xaml;System.IO.Compression,System;System.IO.Compression,System.IO.Compression.FileSystem;System.IO.IsolatedStorage,mscorlib;System.Linq,System.Core;System.Linq.Expressions,System.Core;System.Net,System;System.Net.NetworkInformation,System;System.Net.Security,System;System.Net.Sockets,System;System.Numerics,System.Numerics;System.Reflection,mscorlib;System.Reflection.Emit,mscorlib;System.Resources,mscorlib;System.Runtime,mscorlib;System.Runtime.CompilerServices,mscorlib;System.Runtime.CompilerServices,System.Core;System.Runtime.ExceptionServices,mscorlib;System.Runtime.InteropServices,mscorlib;System.Runtime.InteropServices,System;System.Runtime.InteropServices,System.Core;System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes,mscorlib;System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes,System;System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime,mscorlib;System.Runtime.Serialization,mscorlib;System.Runtime.Serialization,System.Runtime.Serialization;System.Runtime.Serialization.Json,System.Runtime.Serialization;System.Runtime.Versioning,mscorlib;System.Runtime.Versioning,System;System.Security,mscorlib;System.Security.Authentication,System;System.Security.Authentication.ExtendedProtection,System;System.Security.Claims,mscorlib;System.Security.Principal,mscorlib;System.ServiceModel,System.ServiceModel;System.ServiceModel.Channels,System.ServiceModel;System.ServiceModel.Description,System.ServiceModel;System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher,System.ServiceModel;System.ServiceModel.Security,System.ServiceModel;System.ServiceModel.Security.Tokens,System.ServiceModel;System.Text,mscorlib;System.Text.RegularExpressions,System;System.Threading,mscorlib;System.Threading,System;System.Threading,System.Core;System.Threading.Tasks,mscorlib;System.Threading.Tasks,System.Core;System.Windows.Input,System;System.Xml,System.Runtime.Serialization;System.Xml,System.Xml;System.Xml.Linq,System.Xml.Linq;System.Xml.Schema,System.Xml;System.Xml.Serialization,System.Xml;<winmd>,Windows.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.AI.MachineLearning.MachineLearningContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.AI.MachineLearning.Preview.MachineLearningPreviewContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.Background.CallsBackgroundContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.CallsPhoneContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.CallsVoipContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.CommunicationBlocking.CommunicationBlockingContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.SocialInfo.SocialInfoContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.StartupTaskContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Custom.CustomDeviceContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.DevicesLowLevelContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Printers.PrintersContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.SmartCards.SmartCardBackgroundTriggerContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.SmartCards.SmartCardEmulatorContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Gaming.XboxLive.StorageApiContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Graphics.Printing3D.Printing3DContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Networking.Connectivity.WwanContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Networking.Sockets.ControlChannelTriggerContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Services.Maps.GuidanceContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Services.Maps.LocalSearchContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Services.Store.StoreContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Services.TargetedContent.TargetedContentContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.Profile.ProfileHardwareTokenContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.Profile.ProfileSharedModeContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.Profile.SystemManufacturers.SystemManufacturersContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.SystemManagementContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ViewManagementViewScalingContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.Xaml.Core.Direct.XamlDirectContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Activation.ActivatedEventsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Activation.ActivationCameraSettingsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Activation.ContactActivatedEventsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Activation.WebUISearchActivatedEventsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Background.BackgroundAlarmApplicationContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.LockScreenCallContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.FullTrustAppContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Preview.InkWorkspace.PreviewInkWorkspaceContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Preview.Notes.PreviewNotesContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Resources.Management.ResourceIndexerContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Search.Core.SearchCoreContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Search.SearchContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.ApplicationModel.Wallet.WalletContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Portable.PortableDeviceContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Printers.Extensions.ExtensionsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Scanners.ScannerDeviceContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Devices.Sms.LegacySmsApiContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Gaming.Input.GamingInputPreviewContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Gaming.Preview.GamesEnumerationContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Gaming.UI.GameChatOverlayContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Gaming.UI.GamingUIProviderContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Globalization.GlobalizationJapanesePhoneticAnalyzerContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Management.Deployment.Preview.DeploymentPreviewContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Management.Workplace.WorkplaceSettingsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.AppBroadcasting.AppBroadcastingContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.AppRecording.AppRecordingContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Capture.AppBroadcastContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Capture.AppCaptureContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Capture.AppCaptureMetadataContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Capture.CameraCaptureUIContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Capture.GameBarContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Devices.CallControlContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.MediaControlContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Playlists.PlaylistsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Media.Protection.ProtectionRenewalContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Networking.NetworkOperators.LegacyNetworkOperatorsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Networking.XboxLive.XboxLiveSecureSocketsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Perception.Automation.Core.PerceptionAutomationCoreContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Security.EnterpriseData.EnterpriseDataContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Security.ExchangeActiveSyncProvisioning.EasContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Storage.Provider.CloudFilesContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.Profile.ProfileRetailInfoContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.UserProfile.UserProfileContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.System.UserProfile.UserProfileLockScreenContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings.ApplicationsSettingsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.Core.AnimationMetrics.AnimationMetricsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindowDialogsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.Shell.SecurityAppManagerContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.Xaml.Hosting.HostingContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Web.Http.Diagnostics.HttpDiagnosticsContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Embedded.DeviceLockdown.DeviceLockdownContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Networking.NetworkOperators.NetworkOperatorsFdnContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Phone.PhoneContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.Phone.StartScreen.DualSimTileContract.winmd;<winmd>,Windows.UI.WebUI.Core.WebUICommandBarContract.winmd --ignore=System.IConvertible,mscorlib.
    Catastrophic failure while running rrw: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadSymbols(ISymbolReader reader) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 1066
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleReader.ReadSymbols(ModuleDefinition module, ReaderParameters parameters) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil\AssemblyReader.cs:line 108
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleReader.CreateModule(Image image, ReaderParameters parameters) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil\AssemblyReader.cs:line 85
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 1097
    at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.RewriteContext.For(String targetModule, DebugSymbolFormat symbolFormat, String supportModule, String supportModulePartialNamespace, String[] frameworkPaths, String projectLockFile, String[] additionalReferences, String platformPath, ICollection`1 strongNamedReferences, ICollection`1 winmdReferences, IDictionary`2 alt, IDictionary`2 ignore)
    at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.Program.Main(String[] args)

at PostProcessWinRT.RunReferenceRewriter () [0x00232] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\Extensions\Managed\PostProcessWinRT.cs:963
    at PostProcessWinRT.Process () [0x003fa] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\Extensions\Managed\PostProcessWinRT.cs:220
    at UnityEditor.WSA.BuildPostprocessor.DoPostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) [0x00027] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\Extensions\Managed\ExtensionModule.cs:117
    at UnityEditor.WSA.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) [0x00004] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\Extensions\Managed\ExtensionModule.cs:124

Attached Files:

8. Gabriel_SG

Gabriel_SG

Prices have gone up to $100 now. Wonder if they will include these in daz3d sales :D

9. ceebeee

ceebeee

Some of the packs in that set are corrupted, I'm still waiting to for help in getting them fixed.

hopeful likes this.
  10. jonjojo

jonjojo

Where would we start fixing the vertex reordering problem in 2019?

JBR-games likes this.
  11. ceebeee

ceebeee

I looked into it and honestly it seems insurmountable. You'd have to somehow get the vertex order of the pre-2019 mesh, the vertex order of the post-2019 mesh, and somehow link those two orders spatially, as in by vertex position in 3d space. I don't see any realistic way to do that.

I tried going at it from another angle, writing a mesh post-processor that re-imports the mesh using the old algorithm (which I found by digging into Unity's Opens Source licenses), and I made some progress that way, but given that the meshes are not only multi-mesh and multi-material, but skinned as well, writing a post processor that supports all those features would be daunting. And honest I'm not even 100% sure the final result would come out being the same, the algorithm has a lot of variables and I have no idea the values Unity used.

12. btckey

btckey

Hello.
    1) Please tell me for what reason this object M3D is no longer supported ?
    2) Will it be in the future ?
    3) it works for Unity version 2018.2.21f1 (64-bit version), it does not work above, how to make it work on Unity 2018.3.14f1 (64-bit version) (error: JCT is not available, can not sync morphs)
    4) I have a man and a woman where I can find at this time clothes and hair

Pity it doesn't work anymore

13. edub101

edub101

Hello, MCS community. Could anyone walk me through (i.e. "for dummies" version) the process of using asset store clothes packs on a current 1.7 MCS figure? A previous post said something about "updating .mon files," and paths, but I have no idea what a .mon file even means. I couldn't tell what to write in the code-like text in the file when I open it in notepad. Could anyone help by explaining exactly what to put in what directory, and exactly what to delete or replace in the .mon file (and how to do that, if notepad isn't the correct application)? I'm quite lost, and would love to be able to use the outfits I previously purchased. I'm sure any detailed instructions would also help others who are in the same boat as me. Thanks!

14. ceebeee

ceebeee

For this example I use the Emergency Services Bundle i had previously purchased off the asset store.
    The github page is pretty clear about what tools to use where "Please note that your existing assets will not work unless you move them into the Assets/MCS and update their .mon files to point to these new paths. If you would like to use this latest code version with legacy assets you will need to find and replace any M3D references with MCS. These references will be found in the following file types: .mon, .fbx, .json, and .mr. Be careful if you replace those strings as fbx and mr are binary files, so you should ensure you use a binary safe tool and not a string based tool."
    "A Binary safe tool" means you need a Hex editor for editing the *.fbx and *.mr files. I use 010 ( https://www.sweetscape.com/ ), there's tons of others. Learning to use a Hex editor is a whole other thing I'll leave to the reader to research.
    All you have to do is look for the above mentioned files and edit it as stated, as well as renaming the folder they are in. So here's the step by step:

Step 1: Moving the content.

When you install legacy packages, it will place them into a folder called MORPH3D. But the new 1.7 uses the name MCS because of Tafi changing their company name, and it open sourcing. So that's mainly why all this is necessary.

https://i.imgur.com/njGd3Kf.png

Simply rename the MORPH3D folder to MCS, If you already have a MCS folder (which is likely), then move everything in the MORPH3d/Content folder into the MCS/Content folder. Then delete the MORPH3D folder. Make sure you do this from the Unity editor, not Windows file browser, so that all meta files get automatically updated.
    As well, under StreamingAssets are the morph files, which get installed under MORPH3D.

https://i.imgur.com/EwA2yBt.png

Just as before you'll want to rename the folder to MCS, or move any contents into the existing StreamingAssets/MCS folder from within the Unity editor.
    And you're done with Step 1.

Step 2: MON files.

Each of the clothing items under the MCS/Content folder will have a *.mon file. Unity has no clue what a *.mon file is, so it appears with no icon.

https://i.imgur.com/okdjJab.png

But we won't be using unity for this anyway. Just right click on one of the mon files and choose "Show in Explorer". This will open a Windows file browser window, where you should be able to see all the files in that folder.

https://i.imgur.com/3ebGLTb.png
    https://i.imgur.com/hMaDBO6.png

*.mon files are basically XML files, so any text editor can be used. Open the mon file with your text editor and you'll see something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/i8q0awm.png

See where it says MORPH3D? we want to change that to MCS. make that change and save. Do this for every *.mon file under the MCS/Contents folder (including the ones in the Materials folder of each object!) and you're done with Step 2.

Step 3: FBX files

You'll notice in the same directories are FBX files. these must be edited with your Hex Editor, as they are binary files. Opening a FBX file with a hex editor will give you something like this.

https://i.imgur.com/sQYjVgB.png

In every FBX will be a reference to either M3DMale or M3DFemale. You'll want to change this to MCSMale or MCSFemale. The location will vary every time since it's a binary format, so you'll have to use Search/Replace ideally. Once you've made this replacement in every FBX file, you're done with Step 3.

Step 4: JSON files.

I personally never found any JSON files in any of my content, I think VERY old items have it. But it would be similar to step 2, JSON is a text based format so any text editor should work. You'd want to replace any references to MORPH3D or M3D with MCS. Once you do that, you're done with Step 4.

Step 5: MR files.
    MR files are saved under StreamingAssets, and appear like this in the unity editor.

https://i.imgur.com/3RoPJB1.png

When you right click and choose 'Show in Explorer' you'll see they actual have a .mr extension.

https://i.imgur.com/J7N8DBF.png

These are binary files, like the FBX files, so need to be edited in a Hex editor. Opening one will give you something resembling this.

https://i.imgur.com/MkGceU2.png

We will have to do two replacements in these files, one for 'MORPH3D' and one for 'M3D' Replacing M3D with MCS is straightforward, they have the same number of characters. But Replacing MORPH3D with MCS is tricker, you'll have to delete the extra characters. Do so carefully as not to delete anything else! This however creates a new problem, the pathname stored has a binary length count which must be modified. What does that mean? Watch and learn.
    If you select the entire path, *Before* changing it, you can see how many characters it contains.

https://i.imgur.com/YHnf55x.png

Note it tells me i have 101 characters selected, which is 0x65 in Hexidecimal. And you see that count is stored just before the string. So when you change MORPH3D to MCS, you will be removing 4 characters. So this count before the string *MUST* be altered to indicate this. Obviously 101 - 4 = 97 which is 0x61 in Hexidecimal. So change the number after changing the string.

https://i.imgur.com/p9MzfX7.png

So after doing this change and the 'M3D' to 'MCS' change as well for every *.mr file you're done with Step 5.
    Having done all this, the content should work with MCS 1.7.

I will add another note, editing this many files can be tedious. There is a tool i used to speed up at least the text based editing part: http://findandreplace.io/ This free tool will let you make find/replace changes across a large number of files, recursing down directory trees. It's very powerful but very dangerous should you make a mistake. I really recommend being careful with it and using it's "test" feature to preview what changes will occur before making changes across a vast # of files.

The binary changes sadly can't be handled this way because of the complex nature of the string length recalculation. But it helps.

Hope this gets people started on the path of converting their legacy content.

15. N0R7H

N0R7H

Did anybody purchase the MCS Mega Bundle from Daz3D?
    Is it already compatible with the Open Source version?
    Maybe @jjanzer_tafi can confirm if it is?

While I dislike the idea to throw even more money at this, having to edit the sheer ton of deprecated content I already own might be worth it.
    That said: I really appreciate your efforts to Open Source the MCS, @jjanzer_tafi. Thank you!
    I hope the licensing issues (sadly, a recurring theme for this project) with the LGPL can be sorted out soon.

16. Jaimi

Jaimi

Did they already shutdown the website that allowed you to download the updated models?

https://mcsdownload.com/download

17. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

UMA > MCS ;) Plug for ya there Jaimi

Shawn67 and Jaimi like this.
  18. N0R7H

N0R7H

As I understood it that site was only to get all the assets you purchased directly from Daz3D. I purchased through Unity's AssetStore, though. And those deprecated assets are not compatible with the open sourced version.

Sorry, but I will most certainly not purchase assets for 400,- € or more just to replace stuff I basically already have.
    Even if UMA was easier to use and better in what it does...
    If I could use my MCS-assets with UMA I might reconsider (but for aesthetic reasons I still might not do so).

19. N0R7H

N0R7H

@Jaimi
    I just checked and everything is available there regardless of previous purchases.
    Thanks for pointing out the site again!

20. ceebeee

ceebeee

I purchased it. Most of the models are upgraded for the open source version. There are some that didn't convert right (I assume they batch converted them). I was told they would fix them when they had time, but so far hasn't happened.

Also just a few posts up I posted a tutorial on how to convert older assets to the new format for the open source version.

21. shredingskin

shredingskin

Well, the sad part is that the open source version doesn't with unity 2019

22. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Is there some way of bulk downloading the assets from the "mcsdownload" site? Downloading one at a time is tedious, and there's not way to verify if they downloaded properly without testing each one individually.

23. Onsterion

Onsterion

So no support, MCS die and all the purchased assets doesn't had support so the assets are useless.
    In resume is a fraud.

JBR-games and P_Jong like this.
  24. magique

magique

@jjanzer_tafi I'm trying to build the Open Source VS project, but getting the following error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'ICSharpCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MCS_Utilities D:\mcs-master\MCS_Utilities\MorphExtraction\Compression.cs 7 Active

I saw how to link the UnityEngine and UnityEditor dll references, but it doesn't say where to get the references to ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib in the projects.

25. ceebeee

ceebeee

see this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...s-male-and-female.355675/page-72#post-4513117

you need to build that project and point to the resulting DLL.

magique likes this.
  26. Magasenakwa

Magasenakwa

I just went to the Git repo and downloaded the latest version of everything from there and started a new project in 2019.2.4 with .NET set to 4.5.

First I installed the code and shaders untypackage and I am rewarded with an error message saying the shader has errors. Turns out it is trying to return a float as a Vector4 struct without that struct having an implicit conversion. Hos is it that I am the only person to get this error message? I got this in version 1.6.0 and now again in 1.7.0. I knownothing about shader coding so I have no idea how I managed to fix it before (I think I just told Unity to hide the error from the console)but how do I correctly fix this shader?

Secondly, I installed the male unitypackage and the character loaded into the scene just fine. I then found the slider to turn him into a boy and found that it destroys the figure completely. Making changes to any other slider does absolutely nothing at all. What amI missing here? How do I get this asset to do what it was designed to do?

Finally, I figured thataybe if I build the DLL myself using the source, maybe there is something newer in the source than what is in the built DLL... only I can't build the source because it is complaining about nt being able to find the code that is inside the project and asking me if I am missing a reference or using clause in order for the project to find the code that is right there inside of itself...

edub101 asked for a 101 on using existing assets and @ceebeee gave the most incredible answer ever! I would like to make a similar request and ask: How do I use the latest .unityasset packages from GitHub in a new project and actually have it work?

I am in a bit of a bind and NEED to get this working in rather a hurry so i can get started on the main task: Converting the existing 1.6 prefabs in the main project over to using these new assets. Obviously I can't upgrade from the old to the new if the new doesn't work either so, please, anyone, any advice would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

27. DMCH

DMCH

Hi all. Can anyone who has purchased the mcs pack (https://www.daz3d.com/shop/mcs-mega-bundle) tell me if this pack, when imported into unity, includes .FBX clothes files which can be imported into Character Creator 3?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  28. Magasenakwa

Magasenakwa

I have a follow up question to that... If I have v1.6 in my project with a whole bunch of custom lip sync animations created for the mesh (using Lip Sync Pro), is there a workflow that will allow me to take this mesh from Unity to Character Creater 3 and back to Unity and still keep my lip sync info in tact?

If i can swap out the MCS character for one created in CC3 and still keep my current animations in tact that would be ridiculously awesome!!!

Can anyone please confirm if such a workflow exist and if so, how would one go about doing such a thing?

29. ceebeee

ceebeee

30. Magasenakwa

Magasenakwa

I thought this problem was pre 1.7 :(
    Darnit :(

31. hopeful

hopeful

(shrug) I have no idea. The clothes are just meshes with blendshapes on them.

DMCH likes this.
  32. DMCH

DMCH

The answer to this question is yes.

33. darshie1976

darshie1976

Nope, that won't work because CC3 load only specific meshes, and when importing the mesh, it does apply its current morphs and targets, so if you have something custom, that won't work. CC3 barely import DAZ content, if the figure is not a standard one, it would be too much to ask to import MCS characters, even if they are fundamentally Genesis meshes from DAZ.