Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. moria15

moria15

ok update when offscreen makes no difference
    bounds box looks fine.

Issue only occurs whilst moving and happens at random times. Hair is always fine when character not moving no matter the distance.

Set up a movement task so my character stayed exactly at the same point behind the model as it walked.. still turned off and on. It might have been triggered by walking through shgadows on a couple of occaisions, but sometimes did it when in same level light.

M

2. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What shader are you using? What happens if you switch to unity's built in "Standard" shader for the hair?

3. Xialya

Xialya

I just purchased Obi Cloth to give life to Morph3D outfits.
    Has anyone made a tutorial? :)
    I understood there are some tricky parts with Morph3D clothes.

4. XCO

XCO

Hey I am having issues with applying cloth to the clothing. When ever I press the buttons to make my character move the clothing kinda flies off or disappears ?

Is this a Morph thing or a unity cloth thing ?

5. Nadan

Nadan

Hi, I just purchased couple of clothes and hair styles. I'm making a customization to my game and I can change the SetBlendshapeValues with sliders. But where can I find info how I can change the clothes and hair styles with c#? Right now I only know how to drag packs in the inspector by hand and use them that way.

6. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

The only issues I can think of is that we move bones during update call if you're driving a morph that uses "JCT" (basically the morph requires bone movements). I'm not sure how that works with obi cloth off the top of my head but it might interfere with it. Let me know if you run into problems.

7. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Are you doing this to a morphed figure, if not try an unmorphed figure and see if the same issue happens.

8. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

See this comment: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...s-male-and-female.355675/page-62#post-3288635

Nadan likes this.
  9. jashan

jashan

I'm including my own original posting for context because it's a little while back:

Apparently, Unity 5.6 doesn't have that, yet ... but I could work around the issue by switching "Culling Mode" to "Off" on both, the Body and Head materials. I'm not sure what side effects this may have (e.g. worse performance) but it does fix the issue of skin becoming transparent/invisible in that environment (where we use that fog effect).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. jashan

jashan

Another question: I think I read somewhere that one reason using Morph3D significantly increases project and build size is because of the LODs. I think I will only ever use LOD0. Is there a quick way to remove everything related to the lower LODs?

And ... in case I do need the other LODs in the future ... is there a way to easily restore them?

As there are LOD-objects in all the prefabs, my guess would be that deleting all those from the prefabs may not be the best solution (because restoring those would be pretty much the same as rebuilding everything from scratch) and instead, overwriting the meshes / materials (but probably deleting the morphs from StreamingAssets) might be the way to go.

11. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yeah I would only remove the LOD1+ items from the streaming assets and leave everything else as-is. If you really don't want the others just remove them from the gameobjects after they are loaded.

12. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Culling mode for that shader just means which side of the polygons to render, Off means it will render both sides.

13. jashan

jashan

What about all the textures and meshes? I believe especially the lower LOD textures will probably add quite a bit to the build-size. One idea I've had was to procedurally overwrite the meshes and materials in LOD1+ with the values from LOD0 in my prefabs. By doing that, I could probably also revert to the original state quite easily if I ever need to.

But I might be wrong (I'd have to double-check if you actually use different textures for LOD1+).

14. jashan

jashan

Ok, it's a bit strange that this fixes it but if it doesn't cause side-effects, I'm happy ;-)

15. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

You can safely delete lower res textures/mats/etc if you're not using them.

16. hopeful

hopeful

You can also try using the Crunch texture compression to reduce your build size. It's not desirable in every case, but it fits many cases.

17. XCO

XCO

So wanted to confirm removing Morphs that I dont use might help with optimization ? May I ask how to safely remove the morphs ? TY

18. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

No it will only reduce the build size. I don't recommend doing this as we pack the morph files into a single file. If you don't use the LODs though, you can safely remove the specific morph lod files in streaming assets.

XCO likes this.
  19. Kholeslaw

Kholeslaw

Are there other Figure Templates for Artist Tools?
    I own many licensed Daz characters and content and I am wondering if there are Figure Templates for other Daz figures like Genesis 3 & 8, or possibly the other, older figures such as Aiko and Victoria 4.2?
    Or perhaps, are we able to create our own Figure Templates from Daz figures?

Thanks!

XCO likes this.
  20. Artaani

Artaani

Hello, jjanzer_morph

M3DFemale.fbx can't be opened in Blender correctly (I need to make some modifications and create custom clothing (I don't want to use an Artist Tool)).

If I will try, there what will happens:

MCS female cant be opened in Blender.png

Can you please re-save file so it can be opened in Blender correctly and upload it somewhere? The same with male character.

21. AshesDust

AshesDust

Hello everybody!
    I'm having problems now with children animations
    how to fix it?
    Video

22. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi MCS,

I guess this is not the solution of my problem, the skin is poking through the cloth (Please see the images of last post). Its not only about color changes etc. I have purchased different dress packages from you in order to make an office dress because you are not providing this kind of dress (If you have then please share). But it seems that all purchasing is useless. Clothes are not compatible with each other. Now tell me what I do.?

23. Rarceth

Rarceth

@Yaakov_Shahak Thanks :) I wont upgrade until they release it as full, as the error isnt actually causing a fault atm. Thanks for letting me know though, I've done some android dev recently so probably a similar structure

24. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Not currently just the one we've included.

25. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What version of blender are you using? I remember seeing this issue a while back I'll see if we have a copy specific for Blender.

26. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you tell me what the problem is, it's hard to see the issue from the video out of reference.

27. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sorry we don't have a clothing-to-clothing poke through solution. The answer I'm referrering to is basically using the same mask system to mask a piece of clothing so it will be invisible when it's "below" another piece of clothing much like how the skin works (we compute what's skin should be hidden when a piece of clothing is applied and "mask" it out).

You could make your own masks by using our skin shader or any clipping shader on the clothing and then painting a black and white texture mask like the alpha injection masks that we include, that would allow you to hide parts of the clothing where you don't want them to poke through.

28. Artaani

Artaani

I am tried to open this file in Blender 2.78c
    But if you will provide a file which can be opened only in specific version of Blender, it is not a problem. Just let me know.

29. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I just tried this in blender, when importing the fbx I disabled pre/post rotations under the options and I was able to get it to load up. If that does or doesn't work for you let me know.

30. Artaani

Artaani

Oh, nice. Now result is much more correct. Thanks.

But still something wrong with bone rotations.

2017-12-19 00_17_25-Blender.png

As you can see, all bones angles snapped to 90 degree. It is noticeable on fingers.
    Note that I used "Automated Bone Orientation" in import settings. If I will disable this option and will try to set axis manually, all bones will be directed in the same direction, which is also incorrect.

Did this model opened correctly for you?

31. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Ok I see the problem now. I'll ask one of the guys who helped work on Blender for artist tools and see what they ended up doing. Might take a bit, due to the holidays.

Artaani likes this.
  32. AshesDust

AshesDust

Thanks for Reply.English is my second language,I hope the children (Morph MCSMale) 's animation is the same as MCSMale's animation,y axis is correct,the problem is children's animation is not on the ground,can you help me?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  33. zeb33

zeb33

Hi , any news on this? Still getting same error and am unable to build.

34. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Looks like the issue with the human descriptor not being updated (this is done by the editor in Unity for you when you import a rigged figure). One thing that might help is to use IK and do some self correction. Either that or you'll need to recalculate the human descriptor yourself.

35. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Use the standard double sided shader and not the 2pass version.

zeb33 likes this.
  36. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

In blender...

Set Units to metric with a scale of 0.01 or cm, you may need to adjust your end clipping distance.
    Import fbx, set:
    Main: Manual Orientation: Forward: Y Forward, Up: Z Up <-- you may not need to do this if you already have the figure rotated correctly.
    Armatures: Enable all checkboxes (ignore leaf bones, force connect children, automatic bone orientation)

Figure will now come in but looks a little messed up, toggle pose mode, then press aa to select all, then press alt-r, ctrl-a and select Apply Pose as Rest Pose.

Everything should be lined up correctly now.

Artaani likes this.
  37. Artaani

Artaani

Amazing! Now everything correct. Thanks you very much for the help! : )

38. Rarceth

Rarceth

Hey, @jjanzer_morph , I just fixed a quick bug, want to ask a question about the sustainability. I couldnt build my game due to a shader issue on standard-doublesided. I needed to change pragma target from 2.0 to 3.0 in the forward rendering section. Is this going to have any horrible consequences?

39. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

You'll be fine, you can see what the specific targets are below. 3.0 is a very lenient target that shouldn't affect what you want to distribute on too much.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-ShaderCompileTargets.html

40. Harekelas

Harekelas

I got a problem with the character's eye:
    upload_2017-12-25_11-49-38.png
    it's always bloody red, I'm in Linear color space and deferred rendering.
    I didn't change any textures and am using MCS's eyeslash shader for the eye and eyeslash.
    But as you can see here that the eyeslash is invisible, the lower lip is pure black and the pupil is bloody red.
    Any fix to this shader issue?

41. Laniemme

Laniemme

Is it possible to fade out the clothing? I was looking for a value I could change over time, to make the clothes on the MCS Male eventually completely disappear. I've tried changing some of the shader settings without much success. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Replace your skin deferred with this updated version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi5u41H4gStc2dXNXhLT0pHSXM

43. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sure, you'd want to change the queue to transparent, then add a new float _Opacity or similar and drive that from 1->0, in the fragment section set the return color "a" property to _Opacity, eg: c.a = _Opacity. In your script you'd feed that material property like mat.SetFloat("_Opacity",currentValueOfOpacity) and use some tweening/timing/etc func to do it.

Keep in mind we set the skin transparent behind the clothing, so you'd want to remove the Alpha textures from the CICloth components.

Laniemme likes this.
  44. Harekelas

Harekelas

Thanks for the updated shader!
    And I got another question:
    From some point of time I open my project with MCS contents will give me 24 error saying the index is out of range, the error issues on mesh blend shapes of MCS contents but does not direct to any gameobject.
    This error does not occur when importing MCS to a new project, I don't know what triggered it, but it happens after some time.
    If I clear the errors, they will not show up until I restart the project or try to build the game. Also I cannot click on the hip bone under MCS male character, it will stuck my unity and get my memory rise to the limit. I can only force quit unity to solve this issue.
    Any ideas what may caused these two issues?

45. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I can't replicate the issues, but if you send me the log I can take a further look.

Click on the hip, let it run for a few seconds before force-quitting, and then send me the editor log, maybe there are some clues in there.

46. moria15

moria15

Hello,

In the female adventure set, the Mecurial_Guardian_Pants 5th texture (Syrali Pants) is pink.

What should I reset to get a texture in there please.

M

47. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Is it pink like when there is a shader error (do you have any errors in the log), try setting the material shader for the pants to standard and see if it's resolved. If not, can you send me a screenshot?

48. moria15

moria15

Hi.. changed shader.. no change...

Screenshot :-

morph.jpg

M

49. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What shader is mgpants2..._lod0 set to? What are all the slots being used (you can just screenshot the material in the inspector panel if you select the pants).

50. moria15

moria15

ahh okay set to Morph3d standard = double sided and they showed up.

ty

M