Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

We're trying to get it back up. In the meantime if you email support@morph3d.com I can send you the latest version.

2. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Hi Arkano22, thanks for the info. I could modify our core so that it could optionally run during FixedUpdate instead of LateUpdate, I wonder if that would help improve the quality. Do you think it would?

As a side note I need to send you some info for a shader patch for vr with your fluid plugin as well (awesome plugin by the way).

arkano22 and hopeful like this.
  3. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Were you able to resolve this based on yashan's info? If it's still happening let me know.

4. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Unfortunately no, currently artist tools is only for new attachable items to our unmodified base figures.

5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you send me the error log (you can pm me), I'll take a look. Also let me know what your build target is.

For the second item, this is resolved in the upcoming release.

6. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

In theory yes, if you let unity serialize the figure, but it's a lot more tricky in practice. You might be interested in SkinneMeshRenderer BakeMesh, but you'll need to do additional things after that call but it should get you pointed in the right direction.

7. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Check out coreMorphs which has all the data structures you'd want for transferring values. If that's not enough info let me know and I can help you write a script.

8. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks for pointing that out (and going through the trouble). The morph groups were only intended to be used in editor, mostly as a helper, but I don't see why we can't expose them for runtime as well. I'll put it on the list since it's a pretty simple item to take care of.

9. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Does this work if you don't drive a morph but have MCS enabled?

10. claudius_I

claudius_I

hi
    how to avoid this(image)
    when character is running

Attached Files:

11. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you're referring to pokethrough that looks like the alpha injection is not working. Are you using deferred rendering? If so use our deferred shader instead of the default and it should fix it. Let me know either way.

12. arkano22

arkano22

Hi jjanzer!

Modifying the update so that it runs in FixedUpdate certainly would improve quality, as it would allow actual interaction of the cloth with other physical objects (rigidbodies) as well as much consistent simulation over time.

Running in LateUpdate causes the cloth to never come to a complete rest, specially when the delta time oscillates a lot between frames. (btw, Unity cloth has the same issue, so I guess it is updated in LateUpdate).

About the fluid shader patch, it would be most welcome! :)

13. EDarkness

EDarkness

Is there anything that can be done about hair? Almost everything has the scalp showing and it looks strange. I don't remember this being a thing before.

14. magique

magique

I am curious about the upcoming Morph3D Studio. Will this tool be able to take any humanoid skinned character and convert it into a Morph3D character? Also, when will the beta start?

15. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes we have an upcoming solution for this that @Morph_JN is heading up and will be able to help you out with soon. Right now you can utilize the _Overlay texture channel if you're comfortable with texture painting or you'll need to wait until the texture pack ships.

16. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks for the info. My characters are now starting to look right, so it just made the hair situation that much more noticeable. I'll be able to work on other things while this hair problem gets sorted out.

17. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

download.morph3d.com is now up. You can download any products you purchased from the Morph 3D store there.

*Edit* Site now works on [all] browsers. At least the most common ones.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  18. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I am currently in the process of updating my project to Unity 2017.2 Final, from 5.6.

I am using MCS Male/Female 1.6.4.

MCS works fine in the editor, but when I try to build the project, I get errors in Standard-2pass-doublesided.shader:

Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at line 107 (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON _ALPHATEST_ON

Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA

There are 4 of these errors, two on line 107 and two on line 253.

Is this an issue on my end, or is 2017.2 final not supported yet?

Thanks!

19. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

I seem to have solved this by deleting the two "2pass" shader files. It doesn't seem to have had any impact on how MCS functions, is this safe to do?

20. hopeful

hopeful

@Morph_JN - When possible, it would be very helpful if the upgrades / bug fixes have more complete release notes. Not an essay or term paper or anything ... but a note if something in the model art was changed (texture, mesh, blendshape, LOD, etc.), if something in the shaders were changed, or if something elsewhere in the scripted system was changed. That sort of thing.

It may seem like a drag to do release notes, but it helps users know if they should download an update or not, and what to look for in terms of what has changed. Also, if there is a history of release notes (doesn't have to be a full one), it shows prospective buyers that you are diligently working to keep improving these products and matching up with new Unity releases. Customers like to see that sort of thing. ;)

Thanks!

21. magique

magique

@Morph_JN Did you see my question about Morph Studio?

22. claudius_I

claudius_I

the hair don't look good
    can i fixed? or this is how look like

please release a clothes casual pack ;)

Attached Files:

• hair.jpg
      hair.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  23. mathaout

mathaout

Can I easily synchronize the hands of your 3D model with the leap motion?

24. Kiritsu-Games

Kiritsu-Games

They're used at least on the MCS male hair pack 1, but of course there may be other assets from Morph3d that need this shader.
    I already emailed their support but got no reply.

Is anyone from Morph3D reading this? Can you support your customers please?

25. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I can't say much about it right now.

I'll see what I can do.

26. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

27. EDarkness

EDarkness

So you're basically bringing back the skullcap like we had before?

28. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

It's an overlay mask. Its not quite the same as the skull cap as it utilizes the existing geometry of the head rather than adding the extra geometry of a skull cap. You can place the overlay mask in the overlay slot on the CIHair component, then set the tint value you want.

29. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Here's a side by side comparison of the rear view with and without the overlay.

Attached Files:

30. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes that's a legacy shader still included for very old content, it's safe to delete.

31. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

This isn't easy to do but it is doable. I made a demo a while back with it. The main issue is getting rotations to work correctly, it will require de-rotating on a lerp as you rotate since our bones aren't completely 0'd out. If you get stuck let me know and I can try to dig up my old demo files.

32. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Any material that was using it can instead use the corrected standard - double sided shader

33. claudius_I

claudius_I

overlay does not worked. look like Brit Hair Without Overlay

34. developerEbibelot

developerEbibelot

Hi all,

I'm using MCS Female in my game and trying to change her facial expressions in the runtime. I've been looking into their API but couldn't find a solution. Can you change character's facial expressions with the code?

Thanks.

35. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Did you apply a texture into the _Overlay slot in the material directly or in the CIHair component? In either case after attaching the CIHair do you see a texture in the _Overlay slot of the head material of the figure?

36. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

something like this should work if you attach it to the main game object:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ...
    2. M3DCharacterManager charMan = GetComponent<M3DCharacterManager>();
    4. charMan.SetBlendshapeValue("CBM5YearOld",100f);
    5. ...

37. claudius_I

claudius_I

in the CIHair component.
    I don't see anything

Attached Files:

• m3d.JPG
      m3d.JPG
      File size:
      169.4 KB
      Views:
  38. developerEbibelot

developerEbibelot

it works fine thanks.

39. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Did you assign the CIHair before or after attaching? If after try creating a prefab of the CIHair with the texture and then attach that instead, then let me know if it's still not working and I'll take a look and see if there is a bug there. In the meantime, just copy that texture into the _Overlay slot in your head material and it should work for the time being as a workaround.

claudius_I likes this.
  40. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey @Morph-3D - Any news on when Morph Studio will be available?

41. claudius_I

claudius_I

tried before and after, but didn't worked
    i will try copy in head material

MSG-Europe likes this.
  42. MSG-Europe

MSG-Europe

I have also been having this exact issue, I have tried adding it to the main head material but the issue is as soon as the game starts it reverts to the old texture i have been literally tearing my hair out (Pun intended) trying to resolve this. I am glad im not the only one having this issue

43. MSG-Europe

MSG-Europe

I retract this statement, just tried adding it to the prefab of the brit hair that you get with the base model. IT WORKED, it needs to be added to the prefab BEFORE it is added to the M3D Character.

I use a different material however. I use an overlay shaped like the one jjanzer_morph gave but did a little work using the fur texture as a baseline and ended up with this

hairadded.jpg

Attached Files:

44. hopeful

hopeful

I prefer the fur or stubble approach, rather than the "paint-on" bald spot coverage. ;)

If nothing else, it also gives you alternate short hairstyles.

45. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Not yet, we don't have a public release date. We'll let everyone know here when we are able to release more information about it.

46. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Glad you figured it out, sorry it's not as easy as we'd like it to be at the moment.

47. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

One of our artists did a texture for the mohawk and used stubble for the overlay texture and it turned out pretty good, so another +1 for that. Depends a bit on the hair style/colors/etc but from what I've seen it's usually pretty nice looking.

hopeful likes this.
  48. Xialya

Xialya

I noticed that shadows are not rendered on the character's skin, only on their clothes.
    I'm using deferred rendering, but be it the BasicSkin, or the Skin Deferred shader, the issue appears.

Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  49. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Try this version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi5u41H4gStWjNvZElna3lXX28/view?usp=sharing

Replace your current Skin Deferred shader with the one I just updated. Let me know if that works or not for you.

50. Xialya

Xialya