Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Hello, everybody. For those who had questions and/or concerns regarding the EULA at Morph3d.com, we are excited to announce that the EULA has been reworked to clarify that original, user created and converted content (i.e. to MCS 1.6) via Artist Tools belongs to the artists/creator to do with as they please - without restriction. Thanks to all in the community for your patience and input on this matter.

Additionally, we’ve updated the documentation to reflect MCS 1.6.4 as well as the associated video tutorials on our website.

TeagansDad, cmckelvy, XCO and 10 others like this.
  2. Whippets

Whippets

That is a huge hit of common sense, and will do nothing but improve model/system sales hand over fist once artists start selling their creations.

3. crudeMe

crudeMe

Great news!
    Sorry, I've missed a lot of stuff - what's the fee for Artist Tools? Your website says it's free to use till June 2017.

4. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Finally. I really hope to see active community members back in this thread like @hopeful , @Whippets and @umutozkan. Now we need more effordable hair / cloth packs and features like skin colors, wrinkles etc.

Cheers
    Ronny

5. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Right now we still aren't charging for it. If your version expired you can download the latest version for free right now and it will run. We may come back and revisit the pricing scheme for Artist Tools in the future. But for now you can use it free.

As a side note all of our stuff is 50% in the morph store and the Unity Asset Store, even the new releases. The only exception is the Wildenlander Watch Outfit. The reason for this is that I submitted an updated for the asset a while back and it hasn't been approved yet. Since the update is still pending I can't modify the price on the Unity Asset Store. It's still 50% off at the Morph store though.

BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  6. hopeful

hopeful

I have always liked what MCS was trying to do, in terms of the higher level of character art, the multiple genres of art, and the potentially huge catalog. I was just forced out by the change of several months ago to a highly restrictive EULA, which now appears to be rescinded.

So, cautiously, I'm looking at MCS again. It seems like the best deal they're running right now are the multi-character packages. If you're running a modern world, that male and female emergency services pack is a must-have, super deal. You get medical, police, and fire uniforms in one pack. As with any off the shelf art, it may need some tweaks for your game, but it's a good set to support background characters.

(EDIT: On that Emergency Services pack, be aware that the medical outfits are for female only, and the police and fire are for male only.)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming and RonnyDance like this.
  7. Whippets

Whippets

Every set should have male and female versions.
    One thing that is needed is face variety. Even with the morphs, we need a healthy range of races, creeds, and colours; face shapes and textures. Not only human, but also fantasy humanoids too.

8. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Dyeing and facial hair options are my top priority. Changing skin / hair / eye and cloth colors to give all chars more variety.
    And yes more face variety is also on the wish list. Perhaps someone of Morph3d can give us a Roadmap or something to see whats coming soon and whats possible to implement

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  9. Deschanna

Deschanna

I'm a longtime DAZ user... I've been looking at this asset with interest. I've been wondering between using the DAZ Originals material I have acquired through paying the indie developer's license to DAZ and trying this. I find bringing my characters from DAZ to Unity, while it can be done, to be ... clunky and inconvenient, and the result is not always the best. Hence why I was very intrigued by the possibilities here...

So, I download the Female and Male, and this below is just out of the box, characters dragged to scene and equipped with hair (and some clothing). And with both I have problem with the scalp peeking through the hair. This also happens at runtime and it's equally noticeable.

I've read about other people having trouble too with hair, but not sure if it's the same thing we're talking about.

Rendering path is forward, if it has any meaning. I haven't changed any shaders or anything; as said- straight out of the box.

femalehair.jpg malehair.jpg

Thanks!

10. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

These can be solved by creating scalp texture overlays and using them in the head materials _Overlay slot (I hope when I have time to make this automatic in the future). If you submit a ticket to customer service they can see if those textures exist and if not create them.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  11. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you can still see it (and if it's not an odd color sometimes black), it means alpha injection is not working. The CIClothing component is likely missing the appropriate alpha injection texture (in the clothing folder there is an alpha injection folder with the masks), ensure the mask is on the component and if not drag it into the appropriate slot(s) (head vs body). If the mask is there, make sure you're using our skin shader, or you'll need to edit your custom shader to support the clipping mask.

12. EDarkness

EDarkness

I'm still getting skin clipping through clothes. Is there something that can be done about this? I can't really post screenshots anymore.

Whippets likes this.
  13. claudius_I

claudius_I

why the character look like this?

and when finish the sale?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  14. dreb4o

dreb4o

50% discount
    very nice

I do not know why all packages are 8 euros
    not all packages are equal
    some of the packages are too simple(mediocre) and do not cost 8 euros

-do you want money for that?
    MCS Male: Fighting Monk Outfit - free
    Russian Clothing - free
    Vintage Boxing Manager Outfit -free

-these have some value
    MCS Male: Medieval Prince- the poorest prince - max 3 euro
    Greek God Outfit - 3-4 euro
    Ice Bandit Outfit - 3 euro
    Vampire Hunter Outfit - 3-4 euro (looks cheap)
    Prince of Sands Outfit - 5 max 8 if you need it

-I will buy them
    Mercurial Guardian Outfit - it costs 8 euros but no more
    Thracian Gladiator Outfit - not more than 8 euro
    Ship Captain Outfit - maximum 8 euro(a mediocre pirate)
    Tus Persian Warrior Outfit - definitely more than 8 euros (a very beautiful model)
    Fairytale Prince Outfit - it is definitely worth 8 euros
    Arabian Prince Outfit - definitely more than 8 euros
    Dragoh Outfit - definitely more than 8 euro
    Huntsman Outfit - max 8 euro
    Egyptian Outfit - max 8 euro
    Wildenlander Watch Outfit - definitely more than 8 euros

there are definitely more packages(prices are not real)
    not all are equal in quality

when new videos(tutorials)

15. Whippets

Whippets

They're actually very cheap. Try getting an artist in to make these for you, and see how much that costs.

BitGamey likes this.
  16. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

This is similar to what I commented at the end of a survey MCS sent me today. I too have been cautiously looking at the MCS characters due to the EULA issues and some other past issues, both of which seem to be better between the recent EULA post and recent MCS updates. However, not having matching clothing sets for both sexes is problematic. My thoughts were to use the Dragoh character outfit for a cult type clan but unfortunately, there is only a Dragoh male. I have noticed this with some of the military and science fiction/space type outfits as well. Even the fantasy it is problematic but at least there seems to be an equal number of different fantasy outfits, just not really matching.

Instead of 4 pack sets, I'd almost rather see 2 pack sets which contain both a male and a female variant of an outfit. Right now we are limited to forcing characters to play a certain gender in order to play certain character types because of this.

frbrz, Jyrry and Whippets like this.
  17. Whippets

Whippets

I too would rather see packs contain male and female variants, as well as face (head) packs, and skin texture packs for the required variety

TeagansDad, Jyrry and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  18. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello
    Im having a problem when using Unity Cloth Component on the Morph3D attached cloth, when I set constraints on the cloth they seem to be ignored when I play the game.

It only works if I remove all the Morph3D scripts from the Cloth asset, I think those scripts are reseting the Mesh somehow that it screws up the Cloth Constraints.

Hey, Morph3D, you may know more about this, any help you can give me?

Has anyone else seen this issue, this may be pretty common,

Thanks.

19. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

After getting the transparent / black shader pokes and switching to deferred rendering Shader for the body and head I am asking me two things:
    - When does the UBER Skin shader for deferred rendering comes out, which was talked about the Morph3d team in July?
    - Did someone had the transparent skin shader problem like this? Don't know what the problem could be.
    transparentMorph3d.JPG

I am using Unity 2017.1.0f3 (64-bit) with Deferred Rendering and Linear Color Space + newest Morph3d from the Asset Store.

Cheers
    Ronny

20. Kev00

Kev00

I agree with other posters here. I'm not worried about technical issues, or even the infamous licensing rants, I'm far more concerned with the lack of clothing/equipment options (for both genders) Thus far, I've decided to continue programming my game and take a wait and see approach with MCS.

For my specific needs, I'm looking for fantasy and/or sci-fi RPG equipment options that include all types of armor (eg. plate, chain, scale, banded, leather, hide, wizard robes, etc. ) Basically, all the typical clothing options you'd expect to see in a class based RPG.

As for the authoring tools, I gave them a try, but I found them to be fickle and difficult to handle with Blender. I then realized it was easier for me to write an automatic real-time stitching system, and just eliminate that step from my content pipeline.

Of course, there are some features that MCS has that my custom system doesn't, but I'm not going to buy a character system that doesn't have all the equipment and armor options that most RPGs require. IMO, if I have to hire a character artist, I might as well stick with whatever rig/system he/she is most comfortable using.

Lastly, I will say that I was able to get MCS up and running in my game in less than 10 mins. So from a system standpoint, it's a real gem. I just want to see more content packs before I buy in.

21. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

I am running into the same issue with M3DMale. I have been bold and have decompiled M3D_DLL in order to see the reason why. What I found is that the MorphGroups.csv file is loaded using File.ReadAllText(Application.dataPath/....). This works in the editor, but not at runtime, as this path is not valid anymore (assets are packaged). A post build step copying the file - maintaining the directory structure as provided - to the runtime application data folder did the trick. But I have to say such post build step should not be necessary and I see loading assets this way as a bug. I believe the asset should be put in the StreamingAssets directory, or a reference to the TextAsset should be kept in a different fashion.

22. XCO

XCO

Hello Morph Thank you for all that you do...

May I ask if there is any chance of getting a NEW HAIR Shader soon that will look next gen and super awesome ? Because as of now your characters look great on a PS4 :D (expect for the hair lol)

Also I am loving these sci-fi TECH suits and was wondering if we can get one for the women ? They are super sweet and the guys have a few I would love to see one on a girl, kinda like Gamora in the new MVCI :)

Thank you again for all that you guys are doing for the indie community!

Attached Files:

• xc.png
      xc.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    Whippets likes this.
  23. Stefan86

Stefan86

Hey, does anyone know how I can change the morph character about an inventory other clothes? I have no idea how I should do that ..

24. magique

magique

Looks like you are using Deferred rendering, but not the supplied Deferred shaders for Morph.

jjanzer_tafi likes this.
  25. christopherjon

christopherjon

This. Ideally, everything should be unisex. For example, there are only options for male law enforcement and female doctors.

26. ryschawy

ryschawy

@Morph team: Is there any roadmap you are willing to share?

Jyrry likes this.
  27. BoxxyPrime

BoxxyPrime

Hey guys. What's the best way to transfer the morph weights from one character to another? IE clone the appearance sliders.

28. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Just a heads up it's been two weeks so we are going to start returning our assets to their standard price in the Unity Asset Store.

29. hopeful

hopeful

Interesting, in that the prices have gone up even before they are posted as updates in the Unity store. Oh well, maybe next time! ;)

(EDIT: At this moment, sale prices are still available on the MCS store.)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  30. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Just wondered if it was possible to delete the MCS scripts after creating a character and setting it to te LOD one wants?

31. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Hi,
    There are 22 errors in Morph3D scripts when build by Visual Studio 2017 ver. 15.3.5 project from Unity 2017 ver.2017.1.1p3. This is a known problem at all, but most of asset developers solved it yet.

Also I found that bounds of clother's meshes are wrong calculated when M3DCharacterManager.RecalculateBoundsFrequency is On_Morph. I think that many user's problems with clothers/hairs disapearance described in this thread are caused by this wrong calculation. The only decision I have is to set M3DCharacterManager.RecalculateBoundsFrequency = Never and set SkinnedMeshRenderer.UpdateWhenOffscreen = true for every actor's skinned mesh.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  32. aidesigner

aidesigner

I have a character head/face (Very unique) that I would like to put on the MCS male body template in a 3D modeling tool (For my game only). This would allow me to then add MCS clothing content and perform morphs. Can the template character be altered in a 3d modeling tools and stay compatible with MCS? If not what options does one have to alter the character in a way that exceeds the capabilities of morphs? Note the "Artist Tools" appear to only relate to the porting of clothing.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  33. Yacxone

Yacxone

Hi !
    I encounter a new Issue on Morph3D.
    I tried to import only necessary assets for our project. It means only the LOD0 for all textures and models.

I don't understand why, but Unity loop on this : upload_2017-10-3_11-15-27.png

I figured that it creates "ContentLibrarySO.asset" and "M3D_AttachmentPointConfiguration.asset" infinitly in Assets/Morph3D/Resources

It only happens when we have to rebuild library folder.
    The only solution is to quit Unity in task manager and restart it => Unity will start normally without reloading any asset and morph3D seems to work normally.
    Do you know if we forgot something that could produce this ?

Edit : it seems that importing all assets from the package ( all LOD level). Unity loads correctly; is it mandatory to import all ?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    jashan likes this.
  34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

ok... The new morph3d website seems to have done away with the option to log on or to view the store. I filled out a survey a couple weeks ago that was supposed to be rewarded with store credit. Did the survey but haven't heard anything from morph until getting two emails today advertising the new website which also seems to be missing ability to submit support tickets. I mean the site is pretty and all but it would be nice if you guys built look around functionality instead of basically the opposite. I could care less how pretty it is. Just give me access to my purchases and support.. lol

hopeful likes this.
  35. hopeful

hopeful

I agree that on the website the highest priority needs to be given to customers who have purchased things on the store. That should not be cut off, no matter how much the rest of the website changes. If changes need to be made to the store, the downtime should always be minimal, like in minutes and hours, not days.

36. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

They have a bit of a blurb at the top of the page here about purchases saying that
    "Note: we are upgrading our system. Access to previous purchases will be restored shortly."

37. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yeah... I saw that.. Personally think that is a pretty S***ty way to treat current customers. If I'm working on a project and need to download something I purchased, I should be able to download it. Very poor web presence management if you ask me. Plus the fact that there is no way to enter a support ticket at the moment. A bit ass backwards... To me that tells a story. "We don't give a S*** about existing customers, we just want pretty bait to draw in new customers." I know that is probably not the case, but kind of how it feels. A website change should NEVER be pushed live when you have existing customers if it cuts them off from their accounts which blocks them from access to prior purchased content and support. Just hope they get it fixed soon or roll back to the previous site while they get everything else working. To be honest, not even sure why this went live instead of just a preview state before everything was working.

38. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

You could email them Support@Morph3D.com and ask for the asset you need.

This is what it says to do in the email I got from them while they roll out the new site.

Also does anyone have a link to the Morph 3D EULA? Just curious :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  39. hopeful

hopeful

I looked at the EULA after they said they removed the restrictions, and it seemed good to me. But it is better if more people look at it, because I might have missed something important.

HeadClot88 likes this.
  40. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Good to know that they lifted the restrictions. This was my main concern at the moment. :)

41. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. Guess it helps to read the whole email. Funny that I missed that in both of them, even after looking at them a few different times... Thanks.. :p

HeadClot88 likes this.
  42. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey Welcome :)

43. John-G

John-G

@Shawn67 your credit from survey is most likely in your account.
    I also did the survey and got no notification of receiving credit. But it was in my account, you need to apply the credit to your purchase before final page of checkout (cr card payment page).

44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. Have dealt with credits before for other stuff from Morph but this is the first time they failed to notify me that they posted it. Would have been nice to have been told so I could have used during sale.. :(

I sent a support email but good to know that others had the credit posted and didn't get an email. Just have to wait for next sale to come around to get most use out of it.. Thanks again for confirming they passed them out, John!

John-G likes this.
  45. jashan

jashan

EDIT: Never mind - this was an issue with LineWorks.

We just ran into this one in our project, too. It's a fairly nasty one for us because it literally "crashes" Unity whenever we make any change in the project or save a scene. I noticed "Importing Small Assets" randomly popping up without good reason sporadically before. But after adding one more external package (which had nothing to do with Morph3D at all), Unity got stuck in the loop and eventually crashed (after 10, 15 minutes).

Ever since that, whenever I save a scene, or make any change in the project, Unity will get into that loop until it either crashes (after 10 to 15 minutes), or I kill it.

I seem to already be on the most current version (1.6.4, from May 19, 2017). This is happening in Unity 5.6.3p1.

Apparently, Unity just trashed the old ContentLibrarySO.asset, which apparently fixed the issue. I could restore it from version control ... but I guess it's an inconsistency or some oddity in this file that's causing the issue ... so for now, I guess I'll keep the "fresh" one.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    jjanzer_tafi likes this.
  46. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I just wanted to drop in here real quick and address some of the concerns that have been expressed about the site change over.

First and foremost we do have a record of everyone's store credit. We will still honor that. If you have questions about your credit you can email support@morph3d.com

We are currently working on a portal that will give customers access to assets they've already purchased. If an asset is updated in the Unity Asset Store we will also update the asset here and notify those who have purchased the asset of the update.

Because our help center was tightly integrated with our old site the help center is down. For now we will be providing support through support@morph3d.com feel free to send an email there with any questions you might have.

We are working on migrating documentation to a support page on the new website. In the meantime attached is an archive file of the Morph 3D API Docs.

I apologize for any inconvenience the site change over may have caused. It wasn't our intention to disrupt anyone's work flow or cause any alarm.

Attached Files:

47. traunay

traunay

Been playing around with system for couple of days and enjoy the customization so far. But I was wondering how do we add custom animations to the MCS? There doesn't seem to be any tools/library to do that? The articles/tutorials I encountered usually just use 3rd person controller with standard animations that comes with it?

It'd be really helpful if we can use something like mixamo in the mix though you probably will think it's a competitor service

48. EDarkness

EDarkness

You can. Just use mecanim. You can add any animation you want.

Here's a tutorial you can use to get you started:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/animate-anything-mecanim

49. arkano22

arkano22

Just chiming in. I'm Obi's developer, just wanted to say that Obi can update the cloth in FixedUpdate, after all FixedUpdate calls, or in LateUpdate. If Morph3D updates the bones/blendshapes in LateUpdate too, simply setting the script execution order so that Morph3D updates first and Obi right after that should work.

The same issue existed with FinalIK + Obi or PuppetMaster + Obi prior to v 3.0, so we added the option to choose where to update the cloth solver.

Note though, that updating cloth in LateUpdate is not as physically accurate as doing it in FixedUpdate().

cheers,

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    XCO and cmckelvy like this.
  50. Harekelas

Harekelas

hey there! My artist tool is expired and trying to download the new version from your website. But the website seems very confusing for me. There only is the tutorial video but no downloading button, I entered my e-mail to subscribe but no respond received in my mailbox.
    Where can I download the latest artist tool?