Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That shader is deprecated and will be removed in future releases. You can try swapping to Morph 3D/Standard - Double Sided. Let us know if you run into any problems with it after switching.

2. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'll get 1.6.4 out next week, and yes just to confirm it will have the update for Wii U from the custom build I've handed out.

THplusplusx likes this.
  3. magique

magique

Excellent. I look forward to giving it a try.

4. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the slow responses, I was out for Boston VR and Unity Vision Summit. I'm back in town so you can expect quicker responses if you need to message me.

Thanks,
    Jesse

5. magique

magique

I have questions about a specific asset. I'm looking at this one:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/49443

But I have concerns that were raised by @docseuss in a review about 6 months ago. Can you take a look at his review and the issues he wrote about and let me know if those issues were resolved with recent updates? The biggest issue seems to be the wrong shield and no way to orient it correctly.

6. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Just took a look. The armor is more grey then the screenshots appear, the clipping is resolved, but the shield is missing. I'll chat with the content team about this.

7. magique

magique

The armor color is fine. Glad to hear the clipping is fixed. In addition to the shield being missing, please verify whether the correct shield can be oriented properly as seen in the rendered image. According to the reviewer, the straps were in the wrong place for the correct orientation.

8. GeekCats

GeekCats

Hello everybody!

I need a Police uniform, no special force, just a street police. Have Morph3d? Some artist published in asset store?

9. anomas

anomas

Hi, i bought the vampress (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/52943) believing that it would have a lipstick texture as in the advertising pictures, so my questions are as follow: How did you achieve that look if not through texture? if thats a texture can you share with me or do you plan on releasing it soon? if not can i have a refund?

10. JonBanana

JonBanana

It s look like the .mr importer doesnt work on Mac Os , see my previous post.

How can i make a package of my custom cloth that i successfuly import on PC , to be able to transfer them on my mac.
    If i copy the folder it s not working , geometry of cloth is destroyed and i get lot of error.

thanks

11. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I am looking for Different Ethnic Groups. Is this available and where????

12. retired

retired

13. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

You have this method: M3DCharacterManager.RemoveAllMorphs (); which basically removes and detaches all the blendshapes from the character.
    I want to extend this method so that I can detach individual parts of the morph system. For example, I want to remove and detach all the blendshapes in the body only without affecting the head. How do I approach this?
    Setting their values to 0 does work but in the inspector the checkmark is still checked which I assume tells you that the blendshape is still attached to the morph system.

14. JonBanana

JonBanana

I d like to have character who look like less realistic , it s look like it s possible to apply a morph who s call coral head for girl but it s change the ears too . Can we have this kind of eyes in an other way ? What about the male character ?

15. XCO

XCO

Any chance we can get a traditional Superhero outfit with a Superhero cape lol :D :D

16. retired

retired

Yes you can make anime/toon looking characters. Although no one really would know it would suit your needs. The software is free and easy to use, download it and find out.

17. Evil-Otaku

Evil-Otaku

Can you do body morphs with it? Their Artist Tool looks to only do clothing

18. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Once I get the shield I'll take a look and let you know.

magique likes this.
  19. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you want you can submit a ticket to support stating what you're looking for, we can shift priorities around sometimes on what is being planned to get released.

20. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'll ask the content team about that. A temporary work around would be to duplicate the base female texture and paint it on through an application like photoshop or gimp.

21. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We track all morphs globally across the figure in a component called CoreMorphs. These propagate down to the skinned mesh renderers as appropriate. Inside of unity the blendshapes can only be added to a complete skinned mesh renderer and not just a submesh (we have 3, eye+lash, head, and body).

Are you asking how you would go about modifying a morph that affects the whole figure and mask out the body so that only the head gets adjusted without the body getting any values from this? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

22. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'd suggest finding a few existing outfits from daz3d.com that might work and submit a ticket to support with the ids or links, they might be able to bump stuff up for you.

XCO likes this.
  23. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Internally we have tooling to create a morph from a figure that is modified from the artist template. If you do not modify the vertex count or polygon count it's possible. If anyone has questions about this they can email or pm me about it. It's not something we offer out-of-the-box though.

24. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Ok I switched from the default clothing to the Female Manga battle suit and I get this error:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

And now I have a Naked Woman in my game..

I've hit the Clear Lingering button and it does nothing. How do I fix it????

25. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you PM the entire stack trace that you get if you click on that error?

26. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Nothing happens if I click on it. But here is the screen shot of the errors I do have showing:

MCS_ERROR.jpg

27. JonBanana

JonBanana

Thank for your answer , i already download it and make some test , what i try to get is easy to understand : i want male character with big eyes like they are when you put coralhead to 100 on female character but the morph coralhead is not available for male.

28. ryschawy

ryschawy

One should mention ObiCloth in this context:
    http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/characterclothing.html
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/81333

Looks like they have a working solution to the character clothing simulation problem.
    I havn't tried ObiCloth on Morph3D yet. Anybody else?

@ian: Does Morph3D preserve the functionality of the Update Mode property of the Animator in case of "Animate physics"? ObiCloth needs early update of the skinned mesh vertices in order to work.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    XCO likes this.
  29. Velo222

Velo222

Hey guys,

I'm having problems now with clothing parts (content packs) "blinking" in and out on my character. For example, the "gloves" on my Waste Wanderer character will become transparent (or disappear) for a second, then re-appear, then disappear again for a second, and then re-appear........etc etc.

Also the headband does this as well. I'm currently using Unity 5.5.0p3 for these tests. And MCS version 1.6. Is there any reason why this might happen (i.e. a shader problem or something)?

Screenshot:

30. JonBanana

JonBanana

Hi morph3D Team, i put manga battle suit to morph3D female but it s flinking a lot , how can i fix it ?
    Capture d’écran 2017-05-11 à 23.33.59.png Capture d’écran 2017-05-11 à 23.36.59.png

31. THplusplusx

THplusplusx

Velo222 likes this.
  32. Velo222

Velo222

Excellent. This fixed all of my disappearing mesh problems, thank you!

Basically all I had to do was find each of the problematic skinned mesh renderers on certain LOD stages and check the "Update When Offscreen" button, and it did it automatically for me. I had forgotten about bounding boxes.

Thank you so much. :)

magique likes this.
  33. Rarceth

Rarceth

For the above, will updating offscreen severely affect performance if i have multiple npc's in an area?

Im making a village, trying to be efficient with things to not ... destroy everything

34. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Yes, please.

I ran into another problem too. I created a top for my MCS Female using ATK and it has patches at the lower back of the cloth. [See pic.]

Vanilla Model (Blendshapes have not been changed here-)
    1.png 2.png

Modified Model (Blendshapes have been changed here-)
    3.png 4.png

The same occurs on the MCS Male model too. Patches in the same place.
    How do I solve this?

Thanks!

35. THplusplusx

THplusplusx

@Velo222 @Rarceth There is no need to set "Update When Offscreen" and it will affect performance, especially if you have many of them. Just make sure the bounds are correct. As I wrote in the stackoverflow answer, you've got to make sure your bounds are big enough to prevent the mesh from reaching out of bounds, no matter what animation is played on it. That's all there is to it.

36. zeb33

zeb33

My models hair disappears unless viewed very close in editor. Have tried several hair packs with same problem. In game the hair disappears completely. Am assuming its a LOD issue but any help much appreciate.

37. GeekCats

GeekCats

Hi,

I asked for support 8 days a go, but still not was solved. So I trying buy Patient Grown, but the link isn't working.

Can please some one fix the link?

38. magique

magique

Has 1.6.4 been submitted?

39. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Just FYI, I'm looking into this. Sorry for the delay.

40. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I don't think we currently offer a morph for the male that would work the way you'd want, you could try the alien morphs but I doubt that's what you're looking for.

41. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We don't alter the updateMode property if that's what you're asking about. I know the built in cloth physics works well if you take the time to paint it properly (I did a demo and used our duster jacket with cloth physics and it worked very well). If anyone runs into any problems just let me know and I'll make sure to get it resolved.

42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

The bounding regions are probably wrong. One possible solution you can try is go to the figure then Advanced then try changing the Recalculate Bounds Frequency to ON_ATTACH or ON_MORPH and then reattach/remorph. Let me know if that fixes your problem.

43. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That looks like the alpha injection masks aren't working, are you using Deferrered rendering? If so, can you try changing the figure's shader from the default the the Morph3D / Skin Deferred and see if it fixes it? If not look at the "M3DFemale/MAB BattleSuit/MAB BattleSuit" game object, verify that there is a "Alpha Mask: Body" entry and that it's not empty or all white (it should look like a black and white uv mask texture), if it's empty or all white find the alpha injection mask inside the project folder for that asset and then AlphaInjection, there will be a series of textures there drag the appropriate one back on and then hide/show the clothes to retrigger AI recalculation.

If neither of those work, can you let me know if there are any errors that show up?

44. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

There is a cost, but it's not that severe, always verify with the profiler though, especially on your targetted platform. It's been a while since I looked at the system in Unity but if I remember correctly it looks at the animation you have and calculates a new bounding region based on range of motion from the animations, along with some other calculations. I would recommend you try the recalculate frequency option in our advanced setting first, if that fixes it for you that will be a lower cost (on attach or on morph based on what you need).

45. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you're referring to clothing-to-clothing pokethrough our system doesn't handle that presently. We only account for skin->clothing. If you want a solution for now though, and you don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can adjust the base verts of the original mesh so they push off the base a little bit more then they are right now. You need to be careful and preserve the index and vert count of the original mesh though.

46. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Does the item have the LOD group component attached? If yes remove it and that should fix the problem. Let me know if that is or isn't the case though.

47. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks, I'll make sure that link gets fixed. In the mean time, please check your PMs.

48. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sorry I had to delay it due to some unrelated non-work issues. I'm working with QA to get it out asap.

magique likes this.
  49. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Here is how the shield looks from the back side:

wolfshield.jpg

50. magique

magique

Last edited: May 17, 2017