Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Looks like you are using deferred rendering? If you swap the shader on the material to something like the Standard shader and then swap it back to the Morph 3D Standard Character Shader that should fix the issue.

*Edit* I should note that this is a work around to get the Standard Character Shader working in 5.6 with deferred rendring.

ZenMicro and XCO like this.
  2. Laniemme

Laniemme

Are there any plans to produce a medieval clothing pack? I don't see anything currently for sale that is close to this.

If not, then I wonder if there is any clothing available elsewhere that would be compatible.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Whippets likes this.
  3. Duffer123

Duffer123

Medieval armour selection would be good too...

4. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

Thank you both for the suggestions, I'll be sure to pass these along to the team! I have PM'd both of you a list of Medieval themed warrior assets that we currently have on our store - I don't know if this is exactly what you're after, so if not, please feel free to let me know and I'll pass any content suggestions that either of you may have along to the team as well.

Laniemme and Whippets like this.
  5. Whippets

Whippets

A wide range of medieval stuff would be great. From peasant to lord/lady; armour, daywear, and court wear.

Data24, Laniemme and Razzle_Dazzle3D like this.
  6. helmers

helmers

I Support the request fort More medieval Sets. I would prefere ordinary and realistic stuff. I think I habe already bought all Charakters tat fit into this "hunting" scheme.

7. Whippets

Whippets

Realistic all the way. Even for peasants, you'd need a dozen sets for each gender to prevent clone empire syndrome.

Razzle_Dazzle3D likes this.
  8. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Razzle_Dazzle3D , I've replied separately to inbox.

Bad blood with numerous pricey armour assets vs good blood and sales with modular armour, multi race, multi attributes and Playmaker support single asset which most of your punters would spend $100+ on...

9. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Hi, any updates on this? You said early next week and I have to resume working on my project. Not being mean, I love Morph3D. Thanks!

10. Data24

Data24

What I have in mind is medieval modular stuff. Just some basic tight clothes as base and replaceable gloves, helmets, breast plates, chain mails, boots, belts, bracers, rings, armulets etc. which must have all nearly the same size to by replaceable ala Diablo etc.

11. Rarceth

Rarceth

Thanks heaps! I just did this, and it worked a charm. I can finally get back to a good character model (had been working with a replacement in the meantime, it was horrible).

Also, thanks for the quick reply. You guys are doing great considering the amount of stuff you are trying to get done.

Cheers

Whippets likes this.
  12. N0R7H

N0R7H

I, personally, am really hoping for some cool looking robes for priests and mages along the way, too.

Whippets likes this.
  13. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I've been working on the API docs the past couple of days. I can say for a certainty that we are still making progress on this front.
    The current API documentation available should be sufficient for most things for 1.6.4. There are definitely some areas of the API that have changed though. If you find yourself running into a specific issue where you need to know what a certain class or method is for let me know.

14. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Thanks!

15. Laniemme

Laniemme

16. XCO

XCO

17. hopeful

hopeful

This isn't much of an issue for me, but I happened to be browsing new releases to the store, and I saw the promo picture for the latest Morph3D model.

Is that blotch on the crotch a poke-through?

Whippets and wetcircuit like this.
  18. witcher101

witcher101

I am having problem with mcs female. My char mouth gets opened during animation.
    Any1 knows how to fix this

19. Whippets

Whippets

SlackJaw. IIRC it affects all humanoid models with a jaw bone where the animation doesn't contain jaw information.
    I believe the possible cures are to fix the animation or remove the jawbone, or create another animation that deals just with the jaw on a different animation layer, or to fix the rotation in LateUpdate().

20. witcher101

witcher101

How do i remove jawbone??

21. Whippets

Whippets

aha, you've got me there XD Was repeating all thing things I've heard. I would guess in blender or similar, but maybe someone with more knowledge can rescue the situation.

I use a LateUpdate fix at the moment, until I've worked out a system for talking/facial expressions.

22. swansonator

swansonator

I have altered the keyframes that deal with the jaw/mouth by going to the animation window and deleting all keyframes except the first ones, then changing their value until the mouth is resting fine. Your issue may be based on the rig, in which case you "configure" the rig by selecting the MCS(female/male) in the StarterPacks folder and configure in the Inspector window. There you'll make sure that the head has all its bones linked properly. The Jaw sometimes needs you to link to a different part of the jaw or tongue.

Whippets likes this.
  23. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Whippets likes this.
  24. JonBanana

JonBanana

Hi Morph3D Team,

I really like what you ve done , it s look promising but i dont succeed to import my own cloth :

I import cloth made with marvelous designer to Artist tool , everything work fine , it s working with morph and animation but i dont understand how to make them work in unity.

I try to export and copy the folder to unity , select this folder in unity , select the character and click on "import selected from project pane" but nothing happend.

note : If i select Morph3D cloth and click on "import selected from project pane" it s working

Is it something that i missed ?

Thank in advance

25. StevenP94

StevenP94

26. N0R7H

N0R7H

XCO likes this.
  27. Whippets

Whippets

I think we can all agree that if those elements were mix-and-matchable there'd be some very happy customers XD

28. elvirais

elvirais

I've tested the darker female skin linked in this thread (test version, no official release yet) and it works pretty well. Good detail, just some striping around the elbows when they bend.

Still have issues switching between different hair styles on the latest mcs female model. Usually only deleting all hair styles, then dropping the right one works.

29. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Until we get a chance to address dynamic cloth this kind of thing will look like garbage when it's animated.

Whippets likes this.
  30. Whippets

Whippets

Would the same be true of dresses, robes. etc?

31. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

So the story is that we have a way to generate skinning solutions for longer flowing garments (robes, dresses, overcoats) but those solutions have the issue that they fit more like a very odd stretchy material that deforms in a non-realistic way (as opposed to a material that behaves in a Newtonian fashion). You won't notice it much if the figure isn't moving to extremes, but a run cycle will definitely start to catch your eye in its odd appearance.

EDarkness, XCO and Whippets like this.
  32. elvirais

elvirais

Much like the current voodoo queen dress? It looks really weird animated.

Whippets likes this.
  33. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

All of this to say that we're keenly aware that dynamic cloth is a killer feature and without a doubt on the dev road-map. That said, it's not a feature to be found at the next exit or even the next 50 miles.

XCO and Whippets like this.
  34. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

You need to export all of your assets which will generate .mr files. You then add these .mr files to your Unity project's assets folder (with the latest version of the mcs plug-ins installed). The .mr files should trigger the importer which will import the item and generate a prefab (usable with an mcs figure).

35. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

The last few slides of this presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentatio...2wjrhEcTGJtAgTNGxmbPht3ECNA/edit#slide=id.p12 have a more in depth explanation of what @IanAtMorph3D was talking about.

36. Urishizu

Urishizu

Hi,

I'm hitting something strange. When I enter play mode in my game, my Morph3D models always have their mouths open like they're acting in surprise. Is this normal? What is the proper way to configure the position of the mouth? I'd like to just have their jaw shut like normal when someone has their mouth closed.

Thanks!

37. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

38. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I'd imagine you're having the same issue that was talked about a few posts up:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...s-male-and-female.355675/page-50#post-3053348

39. oogby

oogby

Hi! First time posting here.

I'm quite liking what I'm seeing so far of the Artist Tools, though like many others I'm waiting to see more diverse character options before committing to Morph3D.

In any case, I'm having some trouble with Artist Tools which may be related to having a 1366x768 screen -- many UI elements are getting chopped off.

- On the New Project screen, the Create/Cancel buttons are visible, but unclickable unless I hide my taskbar.

- On the regular editing screen, the Male/Female buttons are partially obscured, but still clickable.

- The Settings popup is nearly unusable on my system.

Also when I try to import meshes (from Blender, following the instructions earlier in this thread) frequently nothing happens or I get a file import error after a few minutes.

Despite these issues, I'm quite liking the workflow here -- I'd love to use this for my projects if I can.

40. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

There is a minimum screen resolution required for the layout of Artist Tools to work properly... IIRC it is 1440 x 940

41. oogby

oogby

Thanks -- didn't realize that. More reasons to upgrade my old laptop :)

42. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

I'll have a look at this issue and address it with our next release. Have you looked at the Blender workflow document?

43. oogby

oogby

Yeah, I was working off of that; thanks for providing it. Seemed to work fine the first time, but after that I was getting errors/failed imports.

44. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Please submit a ticket and attach the .fbx you're trying to import

45. oogby

oogby

ok, done!

46. EDarkness

EDarkness

hopeful likes this.
  47. JonBanana

JonBanana

Thank you for your answer , i succeed to make it work on PC but not working on my macbook i got this error :

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    M3DIMPORT.ImportUtilities.RemapMorphsIfRequired (UnityEngine.GameObject go)
    M3DIMPORT.DarwinPrototypeImporter.OnPostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:27)

Did the importer work on Mac Os?

thanks

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  48. EDarkness

EDarkness

49. magique

magique

What is the estimated release for 1.6.4? I may be using this for my Wii U game after all and I know the fix for Wii U is in that version.

50. ImperativeGames

ImperativeGames

So what about errors like "Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at line 253 (on d3d9)"?
    Several pages before issues was brought into light by someone, but I didn't get what I should do to resolve it.

In game view the guys is in black patches, looks bad.

unityunity