Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Is the character made from a prefab, which hair specifically. What happens if you click on "Content Packs -> Clear Lingering Content Packs"

2. Urishizu

Urishizu

The object is from a prefab that I made which contains the MCS and TPC stuff. I've also tried clearing the lingering content packs and it has no effect.

Is the issue that the original game object was made into a prefab, then it's changing after the prefab is instantiated? if so, this likely will break my game as I rely on being able to instantiate from the prefab. :(

3. Urishizu

Urishizu

Also it's for any hair that I try. I downloaded the multi-pack and grabbed the other free hair off your website. It always throws the same issue. I can't even change any clothing.

4. Urishizu

Urishizu

If this helps, here are some errors I'm seeing in the console just in general:

upload_2017-4-11_17-48-47.png

5. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Done.

Oh wow. This is wonderful. I only searched the UAS so never found them. Thanks a ton!

6. Kybernesis

Kybernesis

I have bought several of the Morph3D packages on both Asset Store and their own store. Is there any way to get the packages bought on their own store unlocked in the asset store?

7. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thank you, I'll see what I need to do to replicate this.

FYI that error is just for shader compiling (in 5.6) of a now deprecated shader, we don't use it internally anymore but it's left for legacy reasons. Either way I'll have the errors fixed for it in the next release.

8. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Generally we do it the other way, but you can contact customer support https://www.morph3d.com/help

Kybernesis likes this.
  9. XCO

XCO

Hello morph may I ask is there a way to prevent cloths from poking through one another ? Like a shirt poking through a jacket ? Is there a system or something I should know when applying the cloths ?

Also the NEW Hair shader look AMAZINGGGG!! :)

10. swansonator

swansonator

If you bought a hair pack thinking honestly that it could/would look that way in Unity then perhaps you've never used Unity - did you think the hair pack also included magically sophisticated lighting scripts all for $20? How about we complain about things explicitly advertised instead of things implicitly advertised - otherwise how have you've spent the last 30 years living in a world of false advertising?

11. magique

magique

Yeah, crazy concept, I know. To actually expect the product to look the way it's advertised. Silly me.

12. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We don't have a current solution for cloth-to-cloth pokethrough. I've prototyped a few solutions internally but they aren't ready for production use and likely won't be for a while.

Thanks for the comment about the shaders (;

XCO likes this.
  13. Urishizu

Urishizu

Thanks. Would you be able to give me a rough ETA for a patch like that? I'm trying to get a demoable product together for greenlight and I'd like to avoid using a straight up default character if I can avoid it. Otherwise, I can probably manage but it's a bit harder to explain to an overly critical crowd. :)

14. GeekCats

GeekCats

Can you put in Unity Asset store too? Because we bought Morph3D in Unity Stores, will be easier download from the same place when we release updates.

15. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Because I can't replicate the issue yet, I can't give you an ETA sorry.

16. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'd recommend filing a support ticket for this at: https://www.morph3d.com/help

17. GeekCats

GeekCats

Great Jobs!!! Very nice!

swansonator and XCO like this.
  18. CaptainStardog

CaptainStardog

I'd like to state for the record that I own a DAZ Commercial Game Developers License. I see that they sneaked similar restrictions on microtransactions into their licensing as well. You can't even sell 2-dimensional representations of their models within a game now. That means that although it used to be that DAZ allowed you to sell renders made with their tools in any way you wish, there is no longer the right to sell renders of items in a game--so there go all the opportunities to make custom assets for players to purchase in 2D games using renderings. All because of greed over microtransactions. Frankly, I don't get where all this money they think they are getting by being so underhanded will come from. I spent over $10k on DAZ products last year before this change. I haven't spent one dime since the change. HOW'S THEM APPLES FOR YA? THAT WAS SMART BUSINESS Y'ALL DONE DID. LOL Don't be surprised if people start getting attorneys to come out to Salt Lake City and have a talk with you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Kaen_SG and hopeful like this.
  19. devslopes

devslopes

I'm surprised no one has asked this - You morph your character in Unity, it looks great, but how do you then EXPORT that newly shaped character into an FBX file that can be imported somewhere else? We need to paint textures for our character based on their shape. We are using Substance Painter and want to import our modified/morphed mesh into the program so we can paint on it. ie If i make the base male character have a huge chin and fat face, we need to have the ability to see those shapes in our painting program. How do we export? Currently we load up the base FBX and paint on that, hoping that it looks ok on the morphed model in Unity. We then find its not quite right so we go back to painter, move things a few pixels, reimport the textures, etc. A very grueling process

Facial Morph in Unity

But painting on base shape in Substance Painter (not accurate):

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  20. uvavoo

uvavoo

With regards this issue I have raised a support ticket with Morph3d.
    Tried possible fixes recommended to no avail. 'Urishizu' seems to be having the same problem.
    Further query:
    When Morph 3d update the character, does this break any existing prefabs? Just thinking that setting up AI's for example can take some time as does the Third Person controller. I wouldn't want to have to set these up every time Morph3d is updated.
    Also it wouldn't be a bad idea for Morph 3d to set up a forum on Morph3d's website for support, comments, questions etc, rather than relying on this thread, which is getting more difficult to sift through every day.
    I really believe these models are excellent, and have the potential to be really great and hope any problems are ironed out and the shaky start is forgotten.

21. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Hi, the documentation isn't updated, correct? I can't figure out how to use GetBlendshapesByFunction (BLENDSHAPE_TYPE blendshape_type).
    I want to access and save the face blendshapes as presets and I'm stuck at this because I can't figure out the documentation. It's confusing. :C
    I'm using Unity 5.3.1 and MCS 1.6+

22. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We don't currently support an export of our character. Does substance painter support OBJs if so you could probably drive whatever morphs you want then call the skinned mesh renderer's bakemesh and then crawl that data set creating an OBJ file from that. Let me know if you think that would work and if you need any assistance.

23. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Are you using the same third person controller plugin as Urishizu?

You should be able to make changes without breaking the prefab, but it depends on what you consider breaking the prefab. If you

24. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Are you asking how you'd find all morphs that are classified via our groups, such as "What is the list of morphs in the category Head/Face"?

25. EDarkness

EDarkness

Looks like lots of new outfits have been released on the Unity store. Have you guys fixed a couple of the outfits that were messed up? Are you guys planning more outfits that have actual gloves and boots? What about "normal" looking fantasy outfits? This is why I hope you guys open this stuff up to content creators who can fill in gaps, because a lot of the Morph stuff is so damn gaudy.

Would be nice for more fantasy outfits, too.

26. Urishizu

Urishizu

I believe from his comments that he is.

Please, let us know anything we can do to help expedite a fix or workaround here. I'm coming up on the period of time where I want to get to greenlight shortly and I know they're going to give me grief about using the default model.

27. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Correct. I want to access the face morphs only and save the values.

28. Xialya

Xialya

Has this ever happened to you?

It keeps happening to all my Morph3D characters.
    As soon as I set one up, work on another one, reload a scene, it happens.
    Even on builds, it looks messed up, most notably the clothes.

What could be the cause of this?

29. Duffer123

Duffer123

How easy is it to design and build armour/clothing and hats/helms skinned meshes for mcs 1.6? Does Morph3d provide anything to make that easy/easier?

30. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you attach and then immediately remove a morph from the figure does it "fix" the figure? If so, this will be fixed in 1.6.4.

31. Urishizu

Urishizu

Hi @jjanzer_morph

Just wanted to check in to see if you had any other ideas for workarounds to try for the issues with swapping out the clothing/hair. It's really a bad blocker for me right now.

Thanks!

32. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Here's an example of how to dive into the groups recursively, modify the depth as needed:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using MORPH3D;
    5. using MORPH3D.FOUNDATIONS;
    7. public class ShowMorphsInGroup : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     void Start () {
    9.         M3DCharacterManager charMan = GetComponent<M3DCharacterManager>();
    10.         var morphGroup = MorphGroupService.GetMorphGroups("M3DFemale");
    11.         morphGroup = morphGroup.SubGroups["Head"].SubGroups["Face"];
    12.         HashSet<string> morphs = new HashSet<string>();
    13.         RecursiveMorphs(morphs, morphGroup,0);
    14.         UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Found: " + morphs.Count + " morphs");
    16.         foreach(string key in morphs)
    17.         {
    18.             UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Morphs: " + key);
    19.         }
    20.     }
    22.     void RecursiveMorphs(HashSet<string> morphs, MorphGroup morphGroup, int maxDepth = -1, int currentDepth = 0)
    23.     {
    24.         foreach(var pair in morphGroup.Morphs)
    25.         {
    26.             morphs.Add(pair.Key);
    27.         }
    29.         if (morphGroup.SubGroups.Count > 0 && (maxDepth == -1 || currentDepth<maxDepth))
    30.         {
    31.             foreach(var tmp in morphGroup.SubGroups.Values)
    32.             {
    33.                 //we're not interested in viseme so skip it
    34.                 if (tmp.Key.ToLower().Contains("viseme"))
    35.                 {
    36.                     continue;
    37.                 }
    38.                 RecursiveMorphs(morphs, tmp, maxDepth, (currentDepth+1));
    39.             }
    40.         }
    41.     }
    42. }

33. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you know how to model and rig then it's not too difficult, you can check out our Artist Tools at: https://www.morph3d.com/artist-tools

34. Duffer123

Duffer123

35. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you just use our base figure without any other plugin attached does it work properly. In other words if you just drag our figure onto the scene, add clothing, and do everything as normal, does it work or not work?

36. Urishizu

Urishizu

Yes, it works if I just use the base character you provide. That is how my game is working right now.

37. BillO

BillO

Generally, the Morph 3D clothing packages are very good. However, there are a few with strange prop combinations. For example, the Vintage Soldier has a Winchester rifle and a contemporary semi-automatic pistol. I would expect a bolt-action rifle and a revolver. The Western Outlaw has a pump-action sawed-off shotgun. That package should have included the Winchester rifle. With that said, the standouts are Lawless Survivor and Espionage. I'm hoping an historically accurate WWII infantry soldier with a M1 Garand rifle will be developed.

38. Urishizu

Urishizu

Well, I just found an easy reproducer for the problem.

Start a new Morph3D character. Set it up in Third Person Controller plugin. Add your weapons BEFORE making any visual changes. Then attempt to add the visual clothing. It breaks with the dictionary error:

upload_2017-4-14_23-18-21.png

39. elvirais

elvirais

So they've added several new characters (well, outfits) to the store. Meanwhile, still waiting for different egyptian / brown skin textures...

40. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Hi,
    I'm having a hard time finding the right method to do a task or simply learn from the documentation.
    I read the code you posted for the getting specific group's blendshape values and it is pretty neat I'm using it to do a few things right now. Could you update these methods (in the quoted post above) to reflect the changes made in MCS 1.6 because these are the ones that I need to use right now and it feels really annoying asking in this forum again and again and waiting for another day to get the answer.

And please update the documentation website! Or provide me an alternative to check out the code.
    Thanks!

41. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'll let the content team know about this, thanks.

hopeful likes this.
  42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks, I'll see if there is a way our plugin can play nicely with theirs, or at least a workaround.

43. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you haven't already, submit a ticket to our customer support about this.

44. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes, sorry for the delay in getting docs updated. There is just a ton of work to do on all accounts. The docs are a high priority now, so they should be resolved soon. I'll try to get a brief overview of morph/blendshape methods early next week for you.

45. Urishizu

Urishizu

Just for the record, I second this request. If my issue above is sorted out and I decide to stick with Morph3D, I will need customization like this.

46. elvirais

elvirais

I bought the voodoo queen specifically for the skin texture. It wasn't included in the new 1.6.x version. I hadn't downloaded it before the update, so couldn't go back to the original version with skin texture. I'm still waiting... It's one of the things holding up my game :(

And yes i submitted a ticket.

Jyrry likes this.
  47. hopeful

hopeful

You would think they could just confirm your purchase and send you the old texture, if that would work.

48. XCO

XCO

So there are still some poking issues in quite a few of the cloths and I was wondering what happens when you upgrade ? I mean if you guys fix the issue can I just upgrade the content or do I have to delete it and reinstall ?

I just need to know cause im working on my cc mode right now. TY :)

49. EDarkness

EDarkness

Still having a bad case of skin poking through clothes. Is there something that can be done to fix this? I mean, seriously guys, this shouldn't STILL be an issue. Leave the shaders alone and find a more practical way to do this....

XCO likes this.
  50. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

I've recently tried the Female Lite asset and since moved to the Full version as it was deprecated. In anycase i am having the issue of the model being selected in the lowest LOD level and there appears to be no switching at all, In the Scene Editor she is Full detail, but when i run she is chunky, any ideas?