Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you provide more information? Generally speaking creating the assets manually is quite difficult, are you using artist tools to do this? Artist tools creates all blendshapes for you through projection so you won't need to do these yourself. Injection masks do need to be updated at runtime, there is a way to force the repaint, you can do it like charMan.SyncAlphaInjection().

If you are not using Artist Tools I'd highly recommend using it instead.

2. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks glad to hear things are working out. Feel free to let us know if there are any problems.

3. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I would guess the content pack is messed up, probably a CoreMesh is missing perhaps? Do you know which outfit and/or specific clothing item is triggering this?

4. zeb33

zeb33

Have three different models with 3 different packs, each one is triggering this

5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Let me know a specific asset so I can look into it.

6. XCO

XCO

1.6 is amazing! Thank You MORPH for all your hard work, and for creating this awesome product!! :) :)

7. Jyrry

Jyrry

Error on clan defender
    Missing dependencies for: Assets/MORPH3D/Content/Clan_Defender/DefDaggar/DefDaggar_Left.mon
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    M3DIMPORT.DarwinPrototypeImporter:OnPostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[])
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:postprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

Reimport it. Same error.

8. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I have recently imported the MCS Female (1.6.3) avatar, and I am noticing a minor problem with the LOD's.

LOD 0 works fine, but the clothing meshes disappear at all other LOD's. What is happening is that the skinned mesh renderer component of the other LOD's is not being set to active automatically, doing this manually solves the issue.

Apologies if this has been pointed out before, it's a simple enough issue, I just thought that I would mention it.

I have attached some images of the issue below:

PhoenixGameDevelopment - 07_04_2017 , 05_56_48 PM.jpg PhoenixGameDevelopment - 07_04_2017 , 05_52_58 PM.jpg

9. Ravenshadow

Ravenshadow

Hey guys, love the asset. I've been using it for a while. It usually works no complaints but I upgraded to Unity 5.6 and now when playing animations on the characters the skeleton seems to briefly fold in on its self. I'm attaching a screenshot.

Any advice on how to fix this?

10. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

The fact that there is a LOD Group component attached to that game object most likely has something to do with this behavior. Try removing the LOD Group and see if that helps.

11. Ravenshadow

Ravenshadow

NM. It was Salsa that was causing the problems. Lip Syncing was causing the skeleton to fold. Fixed now. Not an MCS problem :)

12. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

I'm glad to hear that you got this working! We've been in contact with Salsa regarding increased compatibility solutions and we're always willing to work with other content producers to improve product compatibility. If you run into any more troubles, feel free to either post here about it or open a ticket with us and we'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

13. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  14. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks for responding!

1. Okay. I'll do this. Will this have to be done for every piece of hair/clothing I use in the game? I imagine it does once I generate the prefab.

2. What I mean is that I want to store each NPC's blendshapes so that they can be "created" when the NPC is added to the scene. I'll then keep a number of different variations of the NPC body and when they're loaded into memory, the blendshapes for that NPC will be applied to the body. The question was really about what would be the best way to store those blendshapes/morphs. Maybe an array with all of the blendshape data for each NPC is the way to go.

3. This is how I've always dealt with anything that needed to be loaded in, so I'll keep doing it.

4. I've tried to do this, but the item is never added to the model via code. Something happens, but it's not added to the model. Thinking about it, it may be related to how my test object is handled. Is there a difference between hair and clothes? I've noticed that there is a hair add method, so what's the difference?

15. zeb33

zeb33

thanks for looking , ciao bella and urban metro are in use when this triggers

16. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

That solved the issue, thank you.

17. hopeful

hopeful

For those tracking the EULA issue ... Unity has responded, and indicated that indeed micro-transactions are not prohibited or inhibited in any way within a game. Game devs using UAS products are free to make paid expansions, use in-game currency to unlock assets, and so on, just as you'd expect.

chelnok likes this.
  18. Fenris2

Fenris2

Thanks, I am awaiting a reply from Unity currently. First reply Unity sent me was not an answer sadly, they just re-quoted the EULA text passage I asked about. So, hopefully I can get direct confirmation of that soon as well. That does leave the question of who said what to whom given Morph3D is apparently under the impression that it does prohibit it. Ugh.

19. uvavoo

uvavoo

Using a character with Opsive Third person controller. Set it all up and it is working beautifully.
    However, tried to add hair to my model (or any other item of clothing) and get the following error, hair does not appear on character.
    If I set up a new character, works as normal. any ideas on how to fix. Don't feel like starting again with this character.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (.TKey key, .TValue value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.BoneUtility+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.BoneUtility+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.BoneUtility+BoneMap..ctor (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.get_BoneMap ()
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.CloneAndAttachCostumeItemToFigure (UnityEngine.GameObject costume_item)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.AttachCIHair (MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIhair hair, Boolean clone_item)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.LoadHairFromContentPackToFigure (MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIhair hair)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.LoadContentPackToFigure (.ContentPack content_pack)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.AddContentPack (.ContentPack content_pack)
    MORPH3D.EDITORS.M3DCharacterManagerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/MORPH3D/Scripts/Editor/M3DCharacterManagerEditor.cs:209)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1229)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

GeekCats likes this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

In private correspondence with a Unity rep, I believe they said they were having some sort of dialogue with Morph3D about the interpretation of the UAS EULA.

If, and how, this will change Morph3D's EULA and approach to the Unity market, I have no clue. Morph3D assets purchased on the UAS should be free to use in games in the normal way - without restriction - but it is possible you may give up your rights and gain all sorts of restrictions if you ever download anything, including free stuff (like the Artist Tools) or stuff you already purchased, from the Morph3D website.

For me, in particular, the new EULA prevents me from downloading any of the models I purchased on their site. I think anyone ought to be careful with a company that changes the terms of their EULA retroactively like this.

21. BillO

BillO

Overall, MCS Male 1.6.3 and Lawless 1.6.2 are working well. The gas mask, gun and knife are the exceptions. The gas mask has to be attached to the head manually in the Hierarchy. If added to the inspector like the other content, it's place on the ground at 0,0,0. The same is true with the gun and knife. By default, the gun should be in the holster and the knife in the sheath. These items are considered props, but if attached using Attachment Points, they don't conform to the movement of the character. I thought that was the purpose of Attachment Points?

22. webgrapx

webgrapx

Greetings, since yesterday I'm having the problem that the characters in unity do not look good. Could you tell me how to fix this?

Thank you.
    Morph3d.png

Morph3d1.png

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  23. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Wow. Artist tools is really impressive. I'm still learning on how to operate it. I'm figuring out the basics right now although it doesn't work with Blender. It just screws up the model once imported. I did the same thing using Maya and it worked fine.

I'll check on the injection mask thing, can't do it immediately because I just upgraded to 1.6.3 and I'll need to rework some code before implementing anything new. Thanks for the code though!

Also, the additional textures (re-colored ones) are removed from the new package? Why is that? I was using them since I couldn't make separate clothes for every model.

Artist Tools webpage states "Use them free until June 2017" .. how much will it be charged after that? Any ideas?

XCO likes this.
  24. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

Is there a way to copy blendshape value from one clothing item to another? I've a changeable clothing system with body modification parameters so when the user puts on a new cloth, the blendshape isn't copied to it. [See pic]

1esdf.png 212sad.png

This is in 1.6.3 and Unity 5.3.1
    Thanks!

25. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'm having trouble reproducing this. What happens if you start a new project and then install 1.6 and try it there. If you can reproduce it there, let me know your unity version and os, and also what specific version of mcs you're using.

If you can't reproduce it there, then try removing your figure from the original project and adding it back to the scene.

zeb33 likes this.
  26. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

1. Yes you would, I'd recommend writing a script that would scan the scene and remove lods that you don't want instead of by hand directly.

2. Internally we store them via coreMorphs which tracks the state of a Morph struct; I'd recommend something similar to that, but really any way you want should be ok it's mostly a list of morphs + values associated with them.

4. Can you post the exact code you're using, or pm it to me? I just use AddContentPack regardless of the content.

27. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What version of MCS are you using and what hair? Check to see if the hair is already in the scene graph (under your figure) if so remove it from the content pack and the scene graph and try again. I'm not sure if that will fix it, just giving a blind suggestion.

28. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Ideally they would have a custom attachment point or have a default attachment position. Not all of the props do and require the user to move them to a specific location. I'm not happy with how the prop system works in general and it's why we plan to completely overhaul it in the future. The props should follow animation based on how/where they attach to the skeleton though, are they not?

29. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That looks like it's showing all LODs at the same time. Are you using mcs or just the figure w/o our MCS plugin? If you're not using our plugin, just remove the lods or use a lod group component, but we don't support not using our plugin though.

30. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I know that the team on Artist Tools recently worked with a Blender expert and are resolving some of those issues. We fully intend to support Blender from last I heard so I'd expect to hear more about that in the future. Maya definitely is the easier of the two, I'm glad you have access to that for the time being.

Which textures for which asset(s) are you referring to? It's possible I can get them for you if we still have them.

I'm not sure about pricing yet, I believe they are still working out the details.

31. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What happens if you call the M3DCharacterManager.SyncAllBlendShapes() on the figure after you swap clothes, does it fix it?

32. webgrapx

webgrapx

Regards, I have only used the products that I bought for Asset Store. I work well until 2 days ago and after an update I get this error when I see the image. Could you explain in detail how to solve this problem.
    Thank you.

33. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What happens if you just drag M3DMale.fbx into your scene, does that work or does it look messed up like in the screenshots you posted?

34. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

You'll want to make sure you have ArtistTools 1.01 as there was a fix placed in there that handles some of Blenders quirks with exporting FBX files. Having said that there are still things you need to do when importing the figure templates and when exporting your final FBX.

I've documented these steps in this presentation:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PxrG8HAded6ei-uI3ZI-EfIfwJYS6lK9yu3Bgah1C5k

35. webgrapx

webgrapx

I have dragged the model many times and it always comes out with that error. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled MORPH3D and continued error.

36. EDarkness

EDarkness

1. I went ahead and made prefabs for all of the clothes I'll be using and removed the LODs I won't be using. I don't mind doing this since the clothes have to be setup anyway (colors, naming, stats, etc.).

2. Can you give an example of how to modify morphs on the fly? I couldn't find the right method in m3dmanager to do this, but I could be looking for the wrong thing.

4. No need. I got it working. We're now working on the other problem this has caused. At least I can add hair and clothes to the models now.

37. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What version of MCS are you using?
    What OS/version do you have?
    What GPU do you have?
    What version of Unity are you using?
    Do you get any errors on importing of M3DMale.fbx
    Can you drive a morph, and does it visually update?

38. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

There are a few ways, if you have a big list, I'd recommend doing it like we do in the editor:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. charMan.coreMorphs.DettachMorphs(dirtyMorphDettachments.ToArray());
    2. charMan.coreMorphs.AttachMorphs(dirtyMorphAttachments.ToArray());
    3. charMan.coreMorphs.SyncMorphValues(dirtyMorphValues.ToArray());
    4. charMan.SyncAllBlendShapes();
    Otherwise you can do it like
    Code (CSharp):
    1. charMan.SetBlendshapeValue(morphname,valuefrom0to100);

39. webgrapx

webgrapx

Unity 5.6.0f3 pro
    windows 7 Ultimate
    i-7 processor
    32 GB memory

I will definitely lose everything done in this project, and start a new one from 0, since I see that it is impossible to solve this. Thanks for your time.

40. webgrapx

webgrapx

After breaking my head with this error when viewing the MORPH3D models, start a new project, install UFPS, Unity, and taking the scene to the M3DMale, and "Generate Lighting" in the scene for UFPS, the M3DMale, He began to see himself with the defects mentioned above. So I think this is what generates this defect in visualization .. You have some solution to this.

Thank you. UFPS problems.png

41. BillO

BillO

I tried adding a new attachment point -- rThighBend. The gun looked like it was tacked to the side of the thigh. However, placing the gun as a child of rThighBend in the Hierarchy worked as expected. The preconfigured lHandAttachmentPointL and rHandAttachmentPointR work correctly. The original version of Lawless Survivor loaded the content automatically into the correct positions.

42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sorry I still can't reproduce this, the only thing I don't have is the UFPS.

I need to know what your GPU is (eg: nvidia gtx 970).
    What graphics engine api are you using, direct x11/12/openglX?
    Is this VR or non-VR?
    Are you using forward, deferred, or another rendering path?
    What antialiasing are you using?
    Can you create a new test scene and just drag the M3DMale onto the scene, with nothing else in the scene other then the default camera.
    What happens if you hit play and then stop, does it fix the issue?
    Are you using a prefab or the original M3DMale.fbx? If you're using a custom prefab, what happens if you drag just our FBX into the scene.
    Have you tried reimporting the Morph3D figure folder?

43. dormouse

dormouse

Hello, my question is very simple: with MCS, is it possible to move the eyeballs ? like looking in different directions...thanks

44. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Just wanted to give everyone a quick preview of the new hair shader I'm wrapping up and will make it's way into either 1.6.4 or 1.6.5 (it will require some updates to the hair content as well, but in some cases these may be able to be done by hand as well, if they are I'll provide some documentation on how to do it so you won't have to wait for the content to update).

In the attached screenshots the original hair using a "cutout" approach is on the left, and the new hair is on the middle and/or right.

I'm still working out a few issues and I may need to create an alternative hair shader for petal/plane style hair but I hope to have these out soon.

Attached Files:

budukratok, GeekCats, XCO and 4 others like this.
  45. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes the eyes are controlled through bones. If you use a morph that affects the eye position I'd recommend tying into the JCTTransition.OnPostJCT event.

46. John-G

John-G

Hope you can do a Modo3d guide for Artist Tools have been unable to get anything working so far even with the auto skinning in latest version.

47. ImFromTheFuture

ImFromTheFuture

The other textures that were packed with Morph3D 1.0 namely "CiaoBella_Baci", "CiaoBella_Candy", "CiaoBella_Distressed", "CiaoBella_Flirt" & "CiaoBella_Mocha". I could have 5 different variations of the same outfit. This included shoes, pants, the top, everything.
    In the new version, you have updated the UV mapping so the old textures do not apply anymore. Are those removed permanently or are you planning on adding them back later?

I hope the price will be reasonable as I'm getting used to Artist Tools now.

Thanks! This fixed it!

This worked but now the overlap masks are not being generated. [See pic]

Before: Before.png
    After: After.png
    I've followed the settings in the presentation document. The morphs are being added successfully as well. Any thoughts?

48. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

RE: Your missing overlap masks. Please open a ticket here and send us your original .fbx file, we'd like to see why the overlap map generator is failing.

49. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Regarding the Ciao Bella alternate materials, you can find baci, candy, mocha, trend, and flirt at:

https://www.morph3d.com/mcs-female-ciao-bella-outfit

This package is free.

We pulled them out due to size problems with our base content packages.

50. Urishizu

Urishizu

I'm having this same issue. MCS latest version, just bought one of the multi hair packs. I had the hair that came with the default female character working fine, but this error throws as soon as I try to switch it out. I've tried deleting it through the inspector pane, as well as through deleting the actual game object. But I'm stuck here. :(