Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. GeekCats

GeekCats

Any news? I reported 8 bugs, have you success in reproduce the errors? Are there a date to release 1.6.3 with corrections ?

2. Terisur

Terisur

Hello once again. Where can one find the list of all changes in MCS updates? Or do you simply post it all in this thread?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I've resolved this problem, it will ship in our next release. It only updates during the morph phase if enabled, so animations will still require you to use update when offscreen if you want them to be correct during those frames.

4. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you tell me how you are triggering the add/remove (which calls, or are you using the editor ui)?

5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We aren't actively testing against 5.6 right now but I'll take a look today and see what I find. Does this only occur with a specific outfit or does it happen on any clothing/outfit?

6. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I'll have the content team look at this, though items like this are best resolved via our support ticket system so they don't get lost in the chatter.

7. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That functionality will be released in 1.6.3. We were expecting it back in 1.6.2 but ran into a few other more pressing issues first. The data is in the .csv file alongside the figures if you need that data today rather then waiting for our update.

8. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Are you looking for the changes between 1.0 to 1.6 or just changelog between the latest updates? If you're looking for 1.0 to 1.6 we are working on documentation but that won't be ready for a while unfortunately.

9. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Here's another instructional presentation for Artist Tools. This presentation covers the high level dos and don't of modeling content and preparing it for export (to Artist Tools) for Maya users:
    Note for Blender users: We're working on nailing down a work flow with Blender, we should have documentation and a video out in the next few weeks.

Note for modelers in general: The modeling tips in the above presentation are good information for everyone (sans the Maya specific instructions). If you follow these best practices Artist Tools should work for you. If you're having trouble with a specific mesh PLEASE open a ticket with the help desk and send us the .fbx in question. Every edge condition that you encounter with the importer/exporter allows us to further tune that functionality (and make it more robust).

10. John-G

John-G

Any chance of a Modo work flow too :)

11. EDarkness

EDarkness

I removed the clothes via the Morph3D inspector button. I didn't remove them by deleting them directly. Is there a way to fix this after it's broken?

12. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Try the "Clear Lingering Content Packs" under the content packs dropdown. Let me know if that does or does not fix it. If it doesn't you can try finding any assets that were added to the scene but not being actively tracked and remove them. I'm not positive that will fix it as I can't reproduce this directly but I'll keep trying to figure out how to recreate the behaviour.

13. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Quite possibly. If you're interested in helping PM me, we're more than happy to get AT supporting as many modelling apps as possible.

John-G likes this.
  14. EDarkness

EDarkness

I tried "Clear Lingering Content Packs", but that didn't work. Every time I try to remove or add clothes I get the error I showed earlier. Well, here's the thing, I made a prefab out of the model, then loaded the prefab into the scene to edit it, but when I try to do that in the inspector window, it gives me the error. Now, every time I place this prefab into the scene it won't allow me to change clothes. Am I going to have to create a new prefab now?

15. zeb33

zeb33

Any help on these errors pls ?
    mcs 1.6.2
    u 5.6.0f1
    pc build <dx11>

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at line 107 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING SHADER_API_DESKTOP
    7. Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'tangentToWorldAndParallax' at line 117 (on d3d11)
    9. Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL _NORMALMAP _PARALLAXMAP
    10. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING SHADER_API_DESKTOP
    12. Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at line 253 (on d3d11)
    14. Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL _NORMALMAP _ALPHABLEND_ON
    15. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING SHADER_API_DESKTOP
    17. Shader error in 'Morph3D/Standard-2pass-double sided': invalid subscript 'tangentToWorldAndParallax' at line 263 (on d3d11)
    19. Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL _NORMALMAP _PARALLAXMAP
    20. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING SHADER_API_DESKTOP

16. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What clothing pack, figure, and unity version are you using? When you say you created a prefab, is this a prefab of the figure or a clothing item?

17. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Looks like Unity modified the main VertexOutputForwardBase struct. I should be able to get you an updated shader within 24 hours or so.

zeb33 likes this.
  18. EDarkness

EDarkness

Multiple clothing packs. Still using Unity 5.4.4f1. I put everything on a female character, then drug her into a folder to create a prefab. It'll load the prefab in the game fine, but when I try to change clothes in the inspector/editor mode I get the error.

19. Zymes

Zymes

Can this system make a Link like character as seen in Breath of the wild? His body type is like a child with a team fortress 2 shader on it.

I want to make a more toon like character, not realistic.

20. BUDU_KRATOK

BUDU_KRATOK

Just tested MCS 1.6.2 male & female packs - really awesome work, Morph3D team! It looks really better, with some tweaks (like transparent hair and retextured albedo/normal maps with a beard), but still.

21. GeekCats

GeekCats

NICE!!!! You made a great job!!!! Can you create a tutorial in Youtube? Because is really great job! and you can make money with youtube views :)

But really nice job!

22. GeekCats

GeekCats

@jjanzer_morph

You have a great tool, really great, but it is not working in 5.6.0, I know is a release candidate, but soon will be release like stable.
    So we're begging for help.
    We stopped the development of the characters in our project, because we just could not mount them because of the bugs.

We reported 13 bugs. All have been reproduce for support team...

So please, when you will release the 1.6.3???

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  23. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks, I'll see what I can do to fix this.

24. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We were not actively supporting 5.6, but we do have plans to support it. I took a look yesterday at it b/c of a few reports about shaders not working and wanted to see what sort of level of effort it would be. There is a decent amount of work to get those updated. There are also a few updates to 5.6 that made me think we might want to ship 2 dlls one for 5.3-5.5 and one for 5.6+. Once I figure all this out and I'm able to upgrade all our code/shaders, and finish testing we'll likely ship 1.6.3. My current goal is to have about a 2-3 week release cycle, at least until most bugs are resolved.

We'll get to all the issues I promise, we've been swamped and every one is working very hard to get each item fixed (content/code/etc).

25. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

elvirais likes this.
  26. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That would be pretty challenging but it is something that you could get a little close to but would have a really hard time getting all the way there with our current tools. We did a project internally and had a somewhat anime/cartoonish look (see attached). This was on a custom modified version of our avatars. It would be harder with our current clothing as they are more realistic, even with a toon styled shader. I think you'd have to make your own clothing and get a modified body that was based on our artist template. If you have the capability to do all that you're welcome to contact me and I can talk about what we're doing in the future to support this more directly.

Attached Files:

27. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks. My project is totally stalled until this get fixed, because I don't want to update the repository without making sure this works first. Though, if the turnaround time is gonna be 2-3 weeks, then I might have to revert back to a previous version, or live with what I have right now. I'll decide in the next couple of days.

28. GeekCats

GeekCats

Thanks a lot. Our project works only in 5.6, so thanks for plans to support it.

29. magique

magique

I have the Base Female 1.6.2 and the Female Ranger 1.6.1 outfit and hair. When I click on any of the hair LOD objects in the hierarchy, I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.GetPropertyRect (UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, System.String label, Boolean ignoreDrawer) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:885)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.GetPropertyRect (UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean ignoreDrawer) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:877)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderProperty (UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Int32 labelIndent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:932)
    UnityEditor.StandardShaderGUI.DoSpecularMetallicArea () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/StandardShaderGUI.cs:313)
    UnityEditor.StandardShaderGUI.ShaderPropertiesGUI (UnityEngine.Material material) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/StandardShaderGUI.cs:163)
    UnityEditor.StandardShaderGUI.OnGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialEditor materialEditor, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] props) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/StandardShaderGUI.cs:147)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1293)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

30. Laniemme

Laniemme

Hopefully the 'not being able to attach props' issue will be fixed soon and will work under 5.5. I have no need to update to 5.6 yet, especially since it's still in beta.

31. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Should I run obsessive morph3d upgrade master with 1.6 - 1.6.2 version models or just ignore this?

32. BillO

BillO

I'm using Unity 5.5.2 and have installed the latest version of Morph 3D (1.6.2) along with the Lawless Survivor (1.6). Here are the issues:

1. The Gun and knife don't attach properly to the figure. The gun is misaligned with the holster and slides in and out of the holster when the figure moves. The same is true with the knife and sheath.

2. All of the textures on the clothing and hair appear to have a coating of shellac applied to the them. Especially the pants, they look metallic.

3. The backpack will stretch at the bottom when the figure moves. The lower third will stretch two times its size.

None of these issues happened with the previous version.

33. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

After updating this shader I couldn't discern a visible difference other then the lighting being opposite from this one and the standard double sided shader we also ship with. If you switch your materials to use the standard double sided shader, does that work for you? I think I might remove the 2pass as I believe it only solved a problem from a long time ago that we don't need now.

34. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sorry I don't understand what you're asking. Are you referring to the installer?

35. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

upload_2017-3-27_19-10-2.png
    This master appears until I agree independently from an existance MCS 1.0 in the project. Should I run it?

36. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you're wanting to upgrade or you're doing a new install yes. Behind the scenes it simply unpacks the core code package first then the male and/or female packages. There is a little bit more it does but basically that's it. You can do it manually if you want instead.

37. magique

magique

38. Mooshoo-Labs

Mooshoo-Labs

Hi,

I am using the MCS male package v1.6.2 and the wasteland wanderer on Unity 5.4.2f2.

I have dragged the M3DMale.fbx in one of my prefab and every time I change the LOD settings, on the script M3D Character Manager, to a value below 0.5 (which the value that corresponds to the LOD1) the skin becomes invisible.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to address this issue?

Thanks,
    T.

39. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes but I'm not able to reproduce the issue, does the issue persist if you close the editor and reopen it. Is this build of unity specific for the Wii U? Does this issue only occur with "RangerHair" (what if you use micah?)?

40. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Do you get any logging in the console when going below 0.5? What happens if you then hit play, what happens when you hit stop? What os/gpu are you using?

41. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That issue is resolved in 1.6.3 which will be shipping soon.

Laniemme likes this.
  42. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks, I can replicate this now and I'll be working on a fix for this.

43. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

This is fixed and will be released with 1.6.3 later this week.

orvedal likes this.
  44. N0R7H

N0R7H

Hi, I didn't have the time/nerve to check this thread or MCS during the last two or three weeks.
    I did check MCS out again today though.
    Unity 5.5.0f3 on Win7, MCS Male/Female 1.6.2, Elven Sentinel 1.6.1, Midnight Rogue 1.6.1
    Attached Props (i.e. Weapons) still disappear when you start Unity's game-mode.
    Am I doing something wrong? I thought this was supposed to be fixed by now.
    Is there SOME documentation available for the 1.6.x release available by now?

Frankly, I am getting really frustrated by all this and my motivation to work on my game basically tanked, because it seems as if the assets I want to use for my main characters just won't be usable for month to come.

Vortavasail likes this.
  45. Laniemme

Laniemme

The missing props issue is what I experienced too and should be fixed in 1.6.3 releasing later this week.

46. Mooshoo-Labs

Mooshoo-Labs

I don't get any errors in the console.

Two things I have noticed:
    • In the scene were I created the prefab it works fine (the skin is not invisble) but the other scene where I dragged the prefab it does not.
    • The LOD settings does not seem to be serialized because in the prefab if set it to zero, apply and save the scene, when I reload the scene the LOD goes back to one but when I press play the LOD settings goes back to zero.
    The skin becomes invisible whether or not I am in play mode or edit mode.

I am using Windows 10 and since I am on low spec PC I don't have a dedicated gpu.

Thanks,
    T.

47. magique

magique

Thanks. Closing and restarting Unity fixed the issue.

48. S1mon

S1mon

Hey @BUDU_KRATOK, very good jod.
    I have some question for you or someone else.

How did you add/find your beard and how did you change the color of eyes?
    I didn't find those options. I missed something I thing.

Thanks!

49. N0R7H

N0R7H

@S1mon
    As @BUDU_KRATOK stated:
    where used for this.
    Beards are supposedly a planned feature for MCS, but I don't see that happening for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

50. EDarkness

EDarkness

Good to hear, man. Waiting for the next update!