Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Just a quick update, for anyone receiving the log message: "I do not own this mesh...". I was able to work around the content issue with a code fix. In the next release (1.6.2, which should be out next week), you should be able to simply remove the content pack from your figure that was causing a problem, then right click the ".mon" file next to the prefab/fbx of the content causing issues (or just reimport the entire outfit if you don't mind the textures being reimported) and it should fix your problem. Then you can re-attach the content pack.

I'll post here when 1.6.2 ships.

LukeDawn likes this.
  2. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Nice support responses and answers Jesse. This is much better :)

3. elvirais

elvirais

I filed a request at the morph3d site and did indeed get my money back as store credit (money I spent buying the base models MCSFemale and Male, there's a credit refund since they are now free, which is nice).

hopeful likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

IMO, MCS has been in general very generous and conscientious toward their customers, and I appreciate their willingness to credit the accounts of those who bought the M&F base bodies.

On the flip side, though, until the EULA gets fixed, those MCS store credits are IMO mostly useless.

ryschawy and Teila like this.
  5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Good news, we just got the updated remapped creature skins. They'll be shipping in the next release.

Thanks for being patient.

Attached Files:

Xalior, elvirais and LukeDawn like this.
  6. Vygar

Vygar

I'm extremely confused at the point. Will I now need to pay additional licensing fees in order to use the Morph3D products I've already purchased??

hopeful likes this.
  7. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

To quote something that Jared said earlier this week: "We have a written EULA which we feel will address most of the concerns raised in this thread. We're holding off on pulling the trigger until we can get with the Unity people and discuss it with them first."

We will be rolling out a new and improved EULA very soon. While we cannot guarantee any specific timeline, this has been something that we have given careful consideration and we appreciate the community input. I appreciate the kind words and I hope that the knowledge that a new EULA is on it's way restores some confidence!

LukeDawn and hopeful like this.
  8. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

If I may ask, where is the concern that you may have to pay additional fees for continued use of an already purchased asset coming from? The purchase of the MCS is a one-time charge - however, it is currently free on the Unity asset store

Here is a snipit regarding this from the EULA:
    "Terms of Use. Morph 3D grants to the User a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual royalty free license to integrate Content only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media."

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    magique likes this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

If I may answer ...

• Additional restrictions. Use of the Content in any of the following ways is not allowed under this Agreement, **and would require User to obtain additional rights other than those granted under this agreement:**
      • Delivery of Content in a streamed or on-demand way in which the total number of different pieces of Content situationally available from User is greater than twenty.
      • Delivery, unlocking, or other methods of availability of Content from User or User’s applications that require an end user to make a financial transaction to either buy access to or use of the content, or which require a financial transaction for some other credit, item, or status which is then used to gain access to or use of the Content other than the initial purchase and installation of such an application made available by User.
      • Use of Content in an application where the total number of unique users of the application allowed to interact with each other in any given instance of the application is greater than fifty.

go1dfish, Vygar and Teila like this.
  10. Vygar

Vygar

Yes! That is exactly the line that sparked my question and thus my confusion.

go1dfish and Teila like this.
  11. XCO

XCO

Is there any way to add breast physics lol ?

12. XCO

XCO

Thank you so much, If it is OK I would love that simple script ?

13. ZayLong

ZayLong

Howdy. I've bought a few of the MCS assets a few weeks ago and I've been hearing lately that there's been an updated EULA agreement that restricts how users can distribute their games that use the character system.

Is it true that I can only distribute my game digitally to only 20 people before getting into some legal trouble?
    • Delivery of Content in a streamed or on-demand way in which the total number of different pieces of Content situationally available from User is greater than twenty.
    If I were to make an online game, only about 50 users would be able to interact or use the game at a time?

• Use of Content in an application where the total number of unique users of the application allowed to interact with each other in any given instance of the application is greater than fifty.

And it sounds like any sort of microtransactions involving say costumes or character models is a big no no.

Also heard that the EULA is being changed,

Did I buy all these packs for nothing or what?

14. hopeful

hopeful

That is the question.

We've been told the EULA is in the process of a rewrite to better accommodate customer concerns ... but maybe not ALL customer concerns.

So we're hanging on, waiting to see what the new EULA permits and restricts.

15. go1dfish

go1dfish

@jjanzer_morph is removing clothing at runtime (then adding more clothing back) supposed to be supported in 1.6?

I haven't tried it yet, but I recall that having issues before 1.6, is there a preferred way to go about clothing changes?

16. FredrikSwe

FredrikSwe

Will you add beards to 1.6.2? :)
    I really need beards for my dwarfs..

XCO likes this.
  17. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

A dwarf without a beard and axe is just a short person.

18. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

And why do you think this snippet from the EULA restores anything? I'm seriously asking. What you have quoted here was always been this way. That was the initial problem.
    So basically you provided no new information with this.

BTW, still, these lines mean you prohibit DLCs. So we're at the beginning. You make restrictions, we tell you that you're doing it wrong.

And on the top of that, the biggest concern: how much money you want to pick from our pocket on the long run is unanswered. Why on earth you think it changes anything? I don't understand your way of doing business.

I think I'm done waiting, I lost the last small piece of hope in this project. It is simply far gone. I had enough "we're working on it", and "we release soon", and "in progress", and "you will see how cool it will be once it will be out there".
    I simply just cannot invest time, money and energy into this.

Astaelan1 likes this.
  19. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Yes it's supported. If you want to remove the content pack completely and not just hide the clothing, you could do it something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using MORPH3D;
    5. public class AddRemoveRandomClothing : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public GameObject[] clothingObjects;
    8.     protected M3DCharacterManager charMan;
    10.     // Use this for initialization
    11.     void Start () {
    12.         charMan = gameObject.GetComponent<M3DCharacterManager>();
    13.     }
    15.     // Update is called once per frame
    16.     void Update () {
    17.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.A))
    18.         {
    19.             int len = clothingObjects.Length;
    20.             int slot = Random.Range(0, len);
    22.             ContentPack cp = new ContentPack(clothingObjects[slot]);
    23.             charMan.AddContentPack(cp);
    24.         }
    25.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.D))
    26.         {
    27.             List<ContentPack> contentPacks = charMan.GetAllContentPacks();
    28.             int len = contentPacks.Count;
    29.             int slot = Random.Range(0, len);
    31.             charMan.RemoveContentPack(contentPacks[slot]);
    32.         }
    33.     }
    34. }

XCO and go1dfish like this.
  20. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Not yet, we're working on it.

LukeDawn and FredrikSwe like this.
  21. EDarkness

EDarkness

Same here. I have a dwarf in one of my scenes without a beard...ugh.

LukeDawn and Jyrry like this.
  22. magique

magique

Just wanted to report that the latest versions of MCS crashes when run on the Wii U. I don't have the exact error messages, but none of them made any sort of sense anyway. Note that I didn't even have an MCS character in the game. I had just imported the base female model and a hair pack and was going to later add them to my scene. So just having them in the project caused it to bomb. As soon as I removed the Morph3D folder and the streaming asset folder (whatever that's for), then it ran properly again. The older version of MCS worked on the Wii U, but it was very slow.

go1dfish likes this.
  23. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We don't officially support the Wii U. That said, I'll order one and register for a nintendo developer account and find out how much effort it would take to support.

if you send me the error log I might be able to diagnose the problem, but I'm guessing there are several things that would need to be modified (like shaders) in order to get it to work.

24. go1dfish

go1dfish

Nice got that working well, notice that the content packs always get created in the Default later no matter what layer the rest of the character is. What's the best way to have them get added to the same layer as the character?

25. go1dfish

go1dfish

Feature Suggestion:

You should have a way to morph content packs to more like folded clothes when they aren't on a character.

You can kind of get there by going really small scale on one axis but I bet with some creative application of morphs and bone movement it could get a lot more convincing.

This IMO would be highly useful for any game that implements clothing items as pickups even if it's an imperfect solution.

elvirais, chelnok and LukeDawn like this.
  26. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Haha, what an excellent idea. Folded clothing morph.

27. Jyrry

Jyrry

I can not find the alternative skin texture in Shadow Man or in Voodoo Queen new version packages. Am i missing something or they are simply not there?

28. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I think they will be in the main package from next update.

29. magique

magique

It used to work so I'm thinking it can't be too bad to get it working again. I will make a simple test project and see what errors I can get and send along to you. Thanks for giving it a shot. We had planned to use MCS for a major project on the Wii U this year. But things like this could cause us to either abandon MCS or abandon the Wii U. I'd rather not do either just yet.

30. magique

magique

31. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Our content team is working on updating the textures to match the new figure. I'll report back when they're updated.

go1dfish likes this.
  32. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

There is a custom build in your inbox, when you get some free time, check it out.

33. Jyrry

Jyrry

Is there a method to save and load a character 'recipe' based on dialed sliders?

34. magique

magique

Thanks. As I wrote in a PM, the fix worked perfectly. I want to give a huge shout out to @jjanzer_morph on this fix. Within 3 hours of reporting an issue with the Wii U, he fixed it and sent me a working version. That's amazing support. Don't let this go unnoticed by others here who are interested in MCS. That kind of support is rare.

35. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

That part is coming much later this year. In the mean time, if you're referring to just the morphs, you could serialize the values which are tracked/managed in coreMorphs on the characterManager. Specifically you can look at morphStateGroups["Attached"].

36. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Thanks, I'm happy to help.

magique likes this.
  37. go1dfish

go1dfish

@jjanzer_morph I think my question my have been missed in the noise here.

What's the best way to change what layer content packs get added on? is the only way to change the layer afterwards? Is there a good way to get a reference to the top level object of the attached item?

As far as I can tell they always get added to Default, if there isn't a good way to customize this a better default behavior might be to use the same layer as the character.

38. magique

magique

I have the Female Hair Pack #3 and the hair doesn't quite fit right on the head. Is there some way to fix this? The image below is of the base female model and the birthday girl hair.

upload_2017-3-11_15-14-37.png

LukeDawn likes this.
  39. hopeful

hopeful

It's a comb-over. ;)

Anisoropos and elvirais like this.
  40. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

The ContentPack object has a RootGameObject that points to the top level gameobject, you could use that to then set the layer. I do like the suggestion of setting the layer to figure's layer when attached though. Might not make it in to the next release but I can get it in for the release after that.

go1dfish likes this.
  41. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

We'll look into this next week, and I'll see if we can get a fix out for this ASAP.

LukeDawn likes this.
  42. magique

magique

Thank you.

43. retired

retired

In MCS 1.6 the male legs bend direction is backward according to Final IK. His legs move the opposite direction when applying Final IK followed by the message:

The bend direction of this limb appears to be inverted. Please rotate this bone so that the limb is bent in it's natural bending direction. If this limb is supposed to be bent in the direction pointed by the arrow, ignore this warning.

The female is fine. Can you look into this please. Thanks.

go1dfish likes this.
  44. BillO

BillO

I'm looking forward to version 1.6.2 on the Lawless set. Another problem are the materials applied to some of the clothing. In particular, the pants look like someone applied a coat of varnish to them. The earlier version of Lawless didn't have this problem. It looks like the materials are completely different.

Also, I tried updating the Male Espionage clothing pack from your website. The textures on the various pieces of clothing were not displaying correctly. The Unity Asset Store indicated that this product was updated to 1.6. However, items on the Morph 3D website have never provided a version number. Was the Male Espionage pack updated on your site?

45. go1dfish

go1dfish

I noticed this as well but wasn't sure if it was something I did, thanks for figuring out what was going on.

46. dustout

dustout

Code (CSharp):
    1.  Character = GetComponent<M3DCharacterManager>();
    2.     if (Character != null)
    3.     {
    4.       var clothing = Character.GetVisibleClothing();
    5.       foreach (var cloth in clothing)
    6.       {
    7.         Character.SetClothingVisibility(cloth.name, false);
    8.       }
    9.     }
    The above code gives the below error related to SetClothingVisibility. I am confident that Character object is not null due to the null check and successful call to GetVisibleClothing()

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.SetClothingVisibility (System.String id, Boolean visibility)

Also I am running the latest (1.6.1)

47. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

rrahim, ryschawy and go1dfish like this.
  48. netjerivision

netjerivision

@jjanzer_morph

Hello,

I am currently using the artist tools to create very basic clothing. Having a problem with the importing of my 3d object design. See below
    upload_2017-3-12_22-25-20.png
    I am exporting the .fbx using cinema 4d. I used your MCS Male template for the rigging. If have any suggesting please help thank you.

49. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi @jjanzer_morph a few packs I bought have missing textures and still waiting for an update.

Do you know if these are being resolved? Thanks

50. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

The only thing I can see that is directly wrong is cloth.name should be cloth.ID. I'm guessing there is a clothing item that is null in the list set though, can you send me a list of all clothing items you have on that character so I can test to see if one of the assets you're using is broken?

dustout likes this.
unityunity