Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. go1dfish

go1dfish

Yeah that's what I was doing, instantiating the MCS model directly at runtime (not from my own prefab because that's broken too) then adding content packs through code. When you do that, the clothes show up but the model disappears. Probably something to do with injection masks.

Works fine in the editor on my Mac, but Windows builds have invisible bodies.

1.6 is like a fractal of brokenness right now.

Even if you could get all that working, many of the content packs are missing content they had before, and some of the male/female packs overwrite each other.

2. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

While I'm happy (no, that's overstating it a bit) that they're willing to make reparations for their base models suddenly being free, it's the least important issue. Credit on their store has a value proportional to the value of their products- if the EULA problems aren't fixed and we can't actually sell our assets on the UAS or use them without restriction in our own projects, it's a token gesture with no weight behind it. We can't use what we can't use- increasing the volume only serves to increase the frustration.

@Astaelan1 is correct that it's our own fault for trusting an unknown developer. I'm willing to eat that initial cost, or two or three times that cost, if it means they actually fix the rest of it.

umutozkan likes this.
  3. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Prefab issue fix is slated for the update later today. I can't reproduce invisible figures at build. If someone can give me steps to reproduce I'll test and see if I can't get that fix included as well.

go1dfish likes this.
  4. GameMadeByGamers

GameMadeByGamers

Broken indeed , but the EULA problem is the most urgent one , i'm mean morph3d have a lot of potential , it could save time and money to small indie company but with the current status i'm really looking into a alternative or even implementing my on solution (with only two programmer in the team including me , yes it's would take time... ).

I'm able to wait because our current project dont require that kind of technology but i imagine the frustration for those that was waiting for that update to actually start using Morph3d in there project.

hopeful likes this.
  5. go1dfish

go1dfish

Instantiate Figure model at runtime

AddContentPack to that model from script.

Not sure if it happens with prefabs, and I think it's likely a very similar issue so hopefully already fixed with the same update.

6. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

I own most of them already, but I think I'm going to grab Chronos. I've been waiting for it to go on sale for awhile- it looks fantastic, great value with the current sale, and by all reports it does exactly what it promises without forcing its customers into insane restrictions.

Is that too much? It feels like too much. But man, I feel a little better now.

Chronos really does have the best promotional video I've ever seen on the UAS though, and everyone should go watch it.

kurotatsu and Knightmore like this.
  7. Knightmore

Knightmore

Can Chronos turn back time to the moment where I decided to buy MCS base models? :p

8. Jyrry

Jyrry

I think that it was a misunderstanding about what i said earlier.
    The point here is that in DAZ library are more that 10000 great models for clothes and props. (Actually there are 2.5 times more).
    Now they want to open a new market for that library.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    go1dfish likes this.
  9. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

Whew... dang it unity, another $150 out today in sales. See M3D, we have no problem letting people burn a hole in our pockets when it's our choice.

10. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

I just picked up Third Person Controller, Rewired, and Dialogue. Great savings today, pretty much walked away with Rewired for a couple dollars when I work the numbers.
    I looked at Chronos (and watched the video, it is amusing to watch the explosion rewind). But I'm glad it wasn't on my list, I'm already still twitching over the savings on Shader Forge, but had to pass that one up this time around.

And no, to the question, I don't think it's too much, I'm frustrated beyond any defense of M3D anymore. It's upto us to make sure the community remains informed, even if it takes 3 pages of hijacked threads to do it with a little jab in each.

DonLoquacious likes this.
  11. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I'll test it out. Thanks for the steps.

12. hopeful

hopeful

For me, I'd say the EULA is the first concern. I know everyone is at a different point with this, but I bought half my MCS stuff in the Unity store and half on the MCS store. I've been a good customer and I have nearly everything they've put out. With the new MCS EULA, I don't know if their belief is that I've already lost my rights over my Unity purchases, or if they're waiting for me to make a download of models I've already purchased on the MCS store and then try to apply those restrictions to me, ... or if the thing with the EULA is that they simply forgot to put in a few words to indicate that the new restrictions apply solely to their new services. The EULA thing could be an innocent, clumsy mistake. But you can't have mistakes like that in the legal language, and if that's the case then it's a situation that can and should be cleared up right away.

If they fix the EULA and their product is still broken, I can at least use the meshes and textures and put it together by myself. I don't see the DLL or shaders as being that big of a deal. If the Unity community needed to replace the DLL and build their own artist tools, I think it might take us about a month for basic functionality. And it would actually work. ;)

I hope MCS is able to turn it around. I was looking forward to purchasing more from their DAZ-based library. In general, I like the idea of picking up a new one every month. However, I don't want the streaming thing. All I want is individual character kits that I can alter as I see fit.

13. XCO

XCO

Hey everyone I just realized that I cant download more cloths with updating to 1.6 and Im afraid it will break my project. Is it safe to update ? And does update change how I use morph ?

Right now Im breaking up the cloths into prefabs to place on the character... ?

14. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

I'd hold off until they release the fixes to 1.6, there is definately some issues you can work around but it'll break a few things.
    As for the clothing and whatnot, it would appear at the moment nothing with 1.6 is backward compatible, and you'll have to wait (and hope?) that the old assets get new versions.

In theory, and I speak purely in theory... you could probably strip down the old clothing, and pass it through the new artist tools to generate the new formats, but I suggest reading back about the current version as it would seem that ANY clothing is somewhat problematic for people right now with the current state of things.

Edit: However, if you're currently just creating static clothing prefabs with no blendshapes, then you'll probably have what you need to start working with the artist tools to create actual blendshaping content packs
    NOTE!!! PLEASE be aware of the current EULA issues and read back through the past 5 pages of threads on this before you jump into the artist tools.

tl;dr
    Hold off on upgrading, and don't expect an easy transition of old clothing when 1.6+ is working right.

XCO likes this.
  15. XCO

XCO

MCS could you offer me a way to download the clothing before this update, im HALF in on my project and things are already set in there ways ?

I dont think the new EULA applies to me, I dont plan on selling anything or whatever... But I would like to download the reaming cloths I bought ?

16. go1dfish

go1dfish

@Morph_JN I tried the plugin/content packages from the morph3d site (I read through the EULA and I'm convinced my asset store licenses qualify as "additional rights other than those granted under this agreement")

They do import a lot cleaner (I did core first, then figures and there were no missing script references at least.

Things work fine in the editor, on my Mac. When I try to build my game (for windows) I still get this error:

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/Scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:146)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:184)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Unless I mark that DLL as editor only and exclude it from standalone builds.

Once I do that and build, I still get invisible bodies once I attach content packs (the full default outfit on the male character).

Unity version is 5.5.1f1

If I add a character with content packs in a scene and try to build that, it also has the invisible body bug.

For attaching at runtime I've tried both LoadContentPackToFigure and AddContentPack, both of which appear to do the exact same thing but neither are documented.

If I put two copies of the male in a scene, one clothed one not, at runtime in the build the naked one shows while the clothed one is invisible other than his clothes and eyes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  17. Well. After a good 10 months I just came back to check out if they finally made "the tool" to be able to create our own gear for the characters. And I have just read the topic back for a long time.
    It seems at Morph3D, the business as usual. They promise everything, do nothing properly, break as much as they can and fail to communicate.
    And when they do communicate, they only can tell, that they're working on it.
    Oh, and I should add one more: failing to discuss how much will the "Artist Tool" costs. How one can rely on you guys if even you do not know what you're doing? This is a disaster.

It seems I was right when I did not buy the two base model for $50 each back then. (I should add, that I would love to pay for it if we had a stable, working environment, no nonsense EULA and no additional costs for the converter)

And I would like thank you for forcing me to check out UMA again. It turned out, that unlike the MCS, that is improving and is more simple to use now than was back in the days.

umutozkan and hopeful like this.
  18. ryschawy

ryschawy

If you're using SALSA on MCS note that blendshapes are no longer enabled by default. You have to explicitly enable the blendshapes SALSA is looking for. Also the names of some blendshapes have changed. The MCS_sync script has to be updated manually. Hopefully there will be a SALSA update for other users (non devs) to support OneClickMCS_1.6 setup.

XCO and go1dfish like this.
  19. Jyrry

Jyrry

If you want to understand the real meaning of the EULA limitations and why MCS never give up on that, you must understand the business model.
    They have to sell a huge content library - DAZ originated
    The real targeted market is not the gamedev market. Is their fanbase. The gamedev is just the middleman.
    Now, MCS prepare the tools to gain access -
    "Streaming content and streaming APIs
    Character / avatar definitions
    Access to stream the entire MCS library, along with your own content, and more into your games and resell it
    All infrastructure, unlimited use of the back-end cloud technology and hosting costs for streaming content for free
    In-app purchasing and distribution of revenue
    All that paid for with a revenue split on in-app purchases so everyone's incentives are aligned and everyone benefits together."
    The 50 characters limit- is related i guess with the streaming content, and yes, MCS can control that. (At least the technical part. I have some questions about the legal part)
    The 20 props limit is related to what is called "market creation". Imposing a limit to original content, MCS create an additional market for more MCS content.
    So, MMO creators, MCS not hate you.... MCS need your games as selling point for MCS content. Is that simple.
    It is more like a love-hate relation. MCS offer a huge content library, with great models, clothing and props, but want to control some aspects of your game. The MCS offer is too good to be ignored... but how much control they want? As usual the devil is in details....
    The MCS business paradigm can be a winner. Certain is a new and bold one. But the start was so wrong.... Lie about AT last year, apparent artificial imposed rules in EULA, lack of communication, broken and misleading promises, a confuse marketing and selling strategy and at top, broken and poor documented models or tools....
    All that alienated a good part of game developers that MCS want as partners. It will be difficult to obtain that now. There is no more trust.
    I think it is a good moment for honesty here. MCS must come with some convincing arguments, and to share with us their strategic vision about the future. But no more excuses, no more BS, no more "above my paygrade", no more lies.
    It may be a surprise for MCS, but we are developers and creators here. We all had our fair share of setbacks, unexpected problems, delays and so on. We can understand any of that if someone explain it to us instead to be treated like toddlers, with carrot and the stick.
    So, a free piece of advice for MCS. Reevaluate the whole communication and marketing strategy, The results for the strategy applied until now are..... Not good. Think of it like a second chance and learn from your own mistakes. It is a chance that not many asset creators can get. One or two one star review in UAS put out of business a small asset creator. 20 one star review can put anybody out of business. This is our stick.
    Like i said. It is a free piece of advice.

20. Jyrry

Jyrry

Not working.
    Indeed i have materials on LOD 0 now, but it not accept clothing.
    Maybe if i try some voodoo...

21. N0R7H

N0R7H

If that was true, how many MMOs do they expect to actually launch in the near future? How many of those will be even remotely successful? How many are even willing to abandon their own art style?
    Sure, it would only take one to be successful with this, but to gamble with your business like that is just ludicrous.

Normally I would apply Hanlon's Razor to these circumstances, but since there was no update to the asset store yesterday and also no clarifications at all I am not so sure that this still is applicable.
    If what @Morph_JN says is true and all Executives do know that we are rather irritated about the current situation, it really starts to look as if they don't give the tiniest f**k about this or us.

Jyrry likes this.
  22. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi ryschawy,

This is Michael from Crazy Minnow Studio (SALSA). We are still digging through the MCS 1.6 update, but it appears MCS 1.6 is no longer using Unity's built-in mesh-based BlendShape system, but rather a custom component system. This completely breaks our MCS 1-click add-on for these characters since it mapped to standard BlendShapes. We are evaluating the feasibility of a revised add-on to support the new system, and will keep everyone posted on our Unity forum page.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/s...lip-sync-and-expression-system.242135/page-12

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we dig our way through the revised system.

Michael

23. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

@Morph_JN
    M3D have this massive collection of clothing and models to fall back on- absolutely massive. If they released the Tools for free, removed all of the EULA garbage, and let people just sell their own creations however they liked while focusing on adapting and releasing more and more of the Daz Originals library, they'd make hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars off of this. On top of that, they can still charge for their library streaming service- there IS interest in that, and even I'd be interested. They can charge for the Artist Tools as well, nothing says they have to be free (except making that fact perfectly clear from the start, ugh), and I'd be comfortable with a $10/month subscription-based system, or paying up to $50 outright for the Tools, even after everything that's happened.

So, a massive collection of existing Daz Original clothing that they adapt one by one to their own system, selling for $20/pop on their own store and the Unity Asset Store. Thousands and thousands of units will sell. Artist Tools, sold for $50 or so, that allow you to adapt your own models with your own clothing, without any silly limitations on selling our own assets or MMO/IAP usage (our clothing is our clothing, period). A separate pay service for streaming the entire official M3D collection of clothing to games in real time. An entry point for people to be able to get in on that action if they want with their own products, by just selling on your store or certain other vendors (an actual partnership clause).

This is the kind of model we want- it's the kind of product we expected from day one- and frankly, you guys would be MILLIONAIRES with this. There's absolutely no need for this EULA garbage or restricting us selling our own MCS clothing products. You'll be creating your own competition, sure, but you guys have the largest and best-looking collection of clothing assets on the entire internet- are you SERIOUSLY scared of that aspect?

You guys need to revise your business model. The above suggestions are the way that make sense to handle this with Unity, and you guys are marketing this to Unity developers. It wouldn't even work with Unreal developers in its current state, I guarantee it. I don't want to see your product fail, but if you keep going like you are, you will fail, no matter how confident your upper brass are that they have a winning product. This just won't work here.

24. ryschawy

ryschawy

Hi Michael, nice support. Good to see that you are activly following the community. I can tell that I got SALSA working together with MCS 1.6. I did have to explicitly enable the required blendshapes on the 'M3D Character Manager' script (expand 'Morphs' to get the list). After that the blendshapes do appear regularly on the skinned meshes, so they still seem to be skinned mesh unity blendshapes after all. I guess supressing the blendshapes by default is part of the performance optimization from 1.0 to 1.6 regarding memory consumption. In addition some names of blendshapes have changed and I did have to update CM_MCSSync.cs to use the new names on some ShapeSearches. Good luck.

25. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Another super helpful SALSA user, and all around swell guy, contacted us on FB chat to share what he's learned about the 1.6 update as well...you guys are awesome! Anyway, he enlightened us on the BlendShape streaming into the SMR that Morph3D is doing to optimize the new models. Great job @Morph_JN and team Morph3D, smart way to handle the heavy load of so many shape options. We'll tweak the current 1-click setup to adapt to the changes, and the upcoming SALSA 2x branch should be able to handle the changes natively with loads of new options and without any add-on's.

Michael

edub101, Morph_JN, rrahim and 4 others like this.
  26. GameMadeByGamers

GameMadeByGamers

I know the eula still a big blocker for most people , but is there's someone who was able to rig ik into blender with that weird skeleton? I try multiple constraint combination im still unable to succesfully make the arms and legs move like two joints.

27. Orizz81

Orizz81

Hi there,
    I purchased quite a few models from Morph3d and have had no problems with the free ones, but my first try with paid product, the clothes didn't stretch correctly? Can anyone assist?

Attached Files:

28. edub101

edub101

I would like to add another voice to the pile, and urge an update for this as well!

29. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Just an update for today:

1. The update to the packages for the Unity Asset Store are currently in final QA. I know I had said that they were supposed to be uploaded yesterday. That plan changed as we though the best course of action was to include as many bug fixes as possible in this patch. As such not only should the import files work correctly, but there should be several bug fixes. If I am not mistaken the prefab issue among them. I am fairly confident that new files will be uploaded to the Unity Asset store tomorrow.

2. The EULA is still being looked at by several people. Unfortunately changing the EULA isn't something that can happen overnight. It's an iterative and collaborative process. Drafts of the new language have to be checked off by lawyers. I'm not going to commit or make an promises about what changes are in there until they are rolled out. I will say that from what I've seen steps are being taken to address many of the concerns raised in this thread.

3. I'm currently investigating the Figure Templates in blender. The figure templates were tested and designed for Maya and 3DS Max

30. GameMadeByGamers

GameMadeByGamers

@Morph_JN thanks for the feed back/ quick update on what happening , by the way there's know problem with the figure (i just test male) if you check the bone orientation when importing and resetting there rotations after . I was only checking if someone have find a way to rig add ik and constraint on the arms and legs thats a break into 4 bone instead of 2 wich make it difficult to do so.

31. go1dfish

go1dfish

Have you had any luck recreating my invisible bodies issue? I added some more information here:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...s-male-and-female.355675/page-36#post-2975731

I also opened a support ticket yesterday for this issue but haven't heard anything back.

32. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

This is the first good communication we've had in a while, this is truly heart warming to see. We know that you don't have all the answers, and cannot commit to anything, we know you don't hold the stick of power.
    We just like an open line of communication. We know it'll take time to get the EULA sorted out... we just wanted to be heard and know that it's actually moving forward while we sit on the edge waiting. No feedback is the worst answer to any problem.

So, on behalf of everyone, thank you for an honest and meaningful communication.

rrahim, N0R7H, CplMulder and 9 others like this.
  33. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

+1

34. XCO

XCO

Can anyone guide me on how to add cloths at run-time with MCS 1.6 so I can experiment with the new system ?

35. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I suspect one of the devs was (though no one mentioned it). The only reason I suspect that on the list of things to test was making sure it built properly in windows with Unity 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5. In the latest version it built just fine. So fingers crossed the issue will be resolved. If not we may have to do some more digging.

go1dfish likes this.
  36. go1dfish

go1dfish

One thing I'm wondering is if it has to do with the fact that I'm cross compiling, you may want to test building from Mac for a Windows target just in case that's affecting things here. Certainly that's not too uncommon of a setup.

37. Morph_JN

Morph_JN

Hmm yeah that is definitely a corner case, but we should be able to test it. I only tested building for windows on windows. I'm sure i can test out building for windows on Mac tomorrow.

You aren't by chance building for windows app store are you? Though if you were I'm not sure if it would even compile. I"ll check tomorrow.

38. go1dfish

go1dfish

Nope no windows app store just, just x86_64 windows target with optional VR support. And it turns out that was the gotcha.

The bug only presents itself in VR, in forward rendering with MSAA on. (I used 4x and 8x).

MSAA or VR alone is not enough to trigger it.

This didn't happen before 1.6 I was able to use MCS figures with even the Valve's Lab renderer and MSAA on.

Incredibly bizarre. I guess for now I'll turn MSAA off and deal with jaggies until this gets fixed.

Edit some more info:

Unity 5.5.1f1 using the SteamVR plugin and a HTC vive on Windows 10.

39. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

magique, rrahim, CplMulder and 5 others like this.
  40. Whippets

Whippets

Excellent. Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Morph_JN I think most of us here want the project and products to succeed, and for that, we need some freedoms; especially for creatives who will embiggen the product range and use if treated properly.

The current EULA is a disaster, and needed a total rewrite. Let's see what the guys at the top can come up with to not only allay our fears, but make us all feel good about the product. (After all it's our money that will or will not be going into their pockets).

41. N0R7H

N0R7H

Hey @Morph_JN when your colleagues are currently revising their EULA, please tell them to also have a look at the selling of additional characters based on the MCS System.
    While I totally get that the reselling of just the costumes should be prevented, the selling of new characters is a bit too harsh, in my opinion. There is a lot more that goes into a new character after all. While MCS makes it easy to get the looks right, there is also AI and Animations and possibly voice, but most definitely the initial idea.
    I am sure that this is less work than you had with the overall system, but it is still more work than just adding the costume.
    I would understand why this point may not get any revision, but I still think it should be revised.

Also: Is there any input you can provide on the Reptilian and Minotaur? The question has been asked many times now, and a few people would like to know if there will be an update or a workaround or anything.

42. Lesovoy

Lesovoy

Hi! is it posseble to fix this cloth mesh comes through? i see this in editor and in game mode the same. All morphes are default exept face.

go1dfish, edub101 and Xalior like this.
  43. EDarkness

EDarkness

What the hell...? Why is this restriction even here? Explain how this works in an offline RPG with multiple armor slots? There can ONLY be 20 pieces of armor? Only 20 NPCs on the screen? Can you go into more detail as to what this means? The whole thing sounds terrible. Whomever crafted this whole thing needs to go back to the drawing board.

hopeful likes this.
  44. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

It wouldn't apply to an offline RPG at all, since it specifies streaming assets. This whole section of the EULA, along with the limitations on "converted content", are all bullshit either way though and the subject of much rage over the last few pages on the forum thread here.

However, it sounds like they're re-doing the EULA right now, so no point in continuing to yell at them until they show us the updated version.

umutozkan, Jyrry and kurotatsu like this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

Keep in mind that the above is an interpretation of the EULA by a Morph3D staff member, but you can unfortunately make MANY interpretations of that EULA because the actual wording is so nonspecific. It says "streaming" but does not define the term, it says "on-demand" but does not define the term, it says "pieces" but does not define the term, the 50 player restriction could apply to players in a game hosted chat, etc., so in court these words could mean just about anything the plaintiff wants them to mean. There are no protections for the user. Just about anything you do in a game could be considered a violation.

Furthermore, it seems if you do just about anything on the MCS store site these terms will automatically be applied to you. You don't even have to make a purchase. Just downloading something that is free or something that you already bought will make this new EULA apply to you.

"The whole thing sounds terrible" is an apt description. ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming and Whippets like this.
  46. Ian-Dunlap

Ian-Dunlap

Administrator

Hi Folks,

For the record, The Unity Asset Store is now aware of this confusion about applicable EULA's to Morph3D content. We will look into the situation and have an answer for you all shortly.

Cheers,
    Ian Dunlap
    Content Manager, Asset Store

Xalior, magique, Fenris2 and 13 others like this.
  47. go1dfish

go1dfish

I think this thing may be a bit overblown for those of us who bought from the asset store.

The nasty parts of the EULA are prefaced with:

> Use of the Content in any of the following ways is not allowed under this Agreement, and would require User to obtain additional rights other than those granted under this agreement:

It seems pretty clear that the Unity Asset Store's standard license agreement qualifies as additional rights other than those granted under the agreement.

It would be really nice to get official confirmation of that from Morph3D and/or Unity though. Glad to hear you guys are on it @Ian-Dunlap

What I'm worried about is this disparity in licensing causing Morph3D to avoid selling future content in the Asset Store where these restrictions don't apply.

Jyrry likes this.
  48. hopeful

hopeful

That's not what I understood @Morph_JN to say about it. I could be wrong, but my impression was that you could contact them and purchase additional rights.

49. go1dfish

go1dfish

If you buy from the Morph3D store sure (and why would you? the prices are higher AND the EULA is worse), it's hard to see what legal lever they could use to force additional restrictions on an agreement you already made through the Unity Asset Store though.

50. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

Misinterpretation- they mean you can purchase additional rights from them. The Asset Store EULA is an island in the middle of the ocean- it doesn't count as "additional rights" through the M3D EULA because for products purchased on the Asset Store, M3D's EULA doesn't even exist. This ends up with the same result that you imply, but not because M3D allows it in the EULA, but because M3D committed to the UAS license when they chose to sell there, and the UAS license specifically forbids additional license agreements being able to change or overwrite the UAS license.

Quite right- they said you can purchase or ask permission directly from M3D for additional rights. Garbage.