Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. magique

magique

Well, I only need the female model at this point. But if it doesn't solve the poke through issue then it's probably not going to work. I tried running some Mixamo animations on the model earlier and they seemed to work fine without poke through, but maybe it'll break down when I use the bought content or not work at all. Still, it's worth at least a try and I'll give it that.

I'm not an artist and won't be using it this way anyway.

2. magique

magique

I tried the beta character with the free sci-fi outfit on the store and it works fine so I think the beta character is fully compatible with the packs I bought. I will test those packs out tonight when I get to my dev computer.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. umutozkan

umutozkan

I don't know if it is a good or bad sign but Beta link on top of the page is removed from Morph3D website. https://www.morph3d.com/beta page is still on though without any change. They are changing web content, no new package or release of the new version yet...

4. magique

magique

I tried the beta and the poke through issue still occurs. I don't know if performance improved because I didn't try on my target hardware considering the poke-through issue is a show stopper. However, I finally got a response from my support ticket and they asked for a ton of information, including some special debug logs. So perhaps they'll look at the poke-through issue and provide a fix.

5. magique

magique

That's odd because it was there yesterday because that's how I got it.

6. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

I just now notice that the prices are really low, 11 euros for most of their assets(on the assetstore, not on their site).
    What I'm thinking is either they are having a sale that they haven't mentioned or they have decreased the prices because MCS 2.0 is coming soon. That could mean that MCS 2.0 won't be a free upgrade but a seperate product, because I don't think they would lower prices drastically before releasing a big update.
    Just speculation from my end, guess we'll have to wait to find out.

hopeful likes this.
  7. umutozkan

umutozkan

Yeah MCS Male and MCS Female is $ 10 each on assetstore. It's $ 50 each on Morph 3D store. If they charge for the update they're gonna loose customers :/ Unfortunately it looks possible....

8. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

MCS 2.0 releasing soon would also explain why the beta section is removed from their site.

I'm betting that if they are going to charge for the update, a lot of people will be requesting refunds. A year after release it's still a broken product after all.

9. EDarkness

EDarkness

I was told by them directly that they're not gonna charge for it. Of course, that was a few weeks ago, so it's possible that they've changed their mind. I hope they don't do something so silly, though.

10. umutozkan

umutozkan

It seems that the discount is for the halloween... They are releasing some new content packages too. They are not on assetstore yet but email from Morph 3D promotes them.

It looks like they are still creating stuff for current version of MCS. Does that mean it's a long way for 2.0 release? I wish someone from Morph3D checked this thread once in a while and at least cleared out things like this...

hopeful likes this.
  11. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

Maybe the tools they have been working on can easily conform clothes to the current version as well as to 2.0.
    Probably they just want more content out before 2.0, because I'm thinking they will promote the 2.0 release heavily and it would be a bigger success for them if they have more content to reel people in.
    It would mean that they would have to update all those content packs to work with 2.0.

12. crissie_morph3d

crissie_morph3d

Hey all! First I want to apologize in our lack of reply here. As you all are aware we are very busy developing improvements and optimizations for our MCS products.

To answer a few of your questions....
    1) Will we charge for the upgrade to 2.0?
    No. We will not. If you have already purchased the MCS Male/Female, the upgrade will be added to your product library automatically.
    2) Questions of compatibility.
    For 1.5, we've actually made the decision to use Gen2 due to backwards compatibility concerns. 2.0 (shipping later this year) will feature Genesis 3. 1.5 the blendshape names will be simpler, but should be compatible with 1.0 code. For 2.0, it's not entirely certain if there will be a one-to-one correlation between blendshapes (we may add, remove, edit, etc). It's probable that we'll try to support the existing blendshapes that we already have though.

We do offer support through our website. If you have any questions, concerns or requests; feel free to submit a help ticket via our Help Center here: https://morph3dhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Whippets, antoripa, EDarkness and 4 others like this.
  13. nrm21122

nrm21122

I looked at MCS before but the price was just to high, now the 10 sale is kind of hard to pass up. I do still have a few concerns tho

1. I know we can not make our own clothing yet but has anyone had luck with altering the textures of the current options?
    2. Is the only way to make a non white character is to by the shadowman or voodoo queen packs?
    3. Any issues with the characters interacting with in game props that are not part of the MCS line? Like if I bought the male army soldier and instead of him holding the M16 from his pack or any of the weapons from other packs I want him to hold a custom modeled Ak47
    4. Finally can you mix and match outfits from different packs? I know some packs seem to list the outfit as one piece while other packs seem to break it down. Is it possible to use the pieces from on set with pieces from the other

Thanks

14. hopeful

hopeful

I'm trying to give some helpful answers, but they may not be definitive. If I've got it wrong or if there's more to add, hopefully someone else will chime in.

1. There's nothing in the system to help or prevent altering textures.

2. Depending on which shader you use (custom, Unity standard, etc.), you can tint the albedo skin texture in the shader to get a variety of satisfactory skin tones. If you want, you could also copy and alter the albedo skin texture in GIMP or whatever to get the color you like. However, if you are looking for hair models, you are currently restricted to what you see available for all models, such as the mohawk, long hair, and so forth. The voodoo models don't come with hair.

3. You can give your MCS characters any props. If you want MCS blendshapes to apply to the custom props, then you'll have to arrange for that on your own somehow.

4. I think this is a bit of a gray area, and you'd have to experiment to see if you get acceptable results. Some pieces work better together than others. Like ... not all belts will look right with all clothing choices.

EDarkness likes this.
  15. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

Hey there!

Glad you're interested and I hope you take advantage of the sale while it lasts. To answer some of your questions:
    1. While you can alter textures to your liking, it may be worth your time to check out the beta we have for our Artist Toolkit that allows you to create custom clothing for our MCS characters. Check it out here: https://www.morph3d.com/beta

2. The default package for many of our characters are white initially, but we here at Morph believe that black, brown, green, blue, and purple characters are all equally important. You can adjust the default character skin color fairly easily.

3. You shouldn't have a problem with other Unity assets meshing with our characters MOST of the time.. I don't want to guarantee anything or make any promises because some developers don't want their assets being used outside of their product line. To be safe, always read the reviews to check for compatibility issues before purchasing other assets or animations to use with our characters.

4. Yes! Our goal for our MCS characters is as much customization as possible. If you want to mix and match pieces from outfits, keep an eye out for the products specifically advertised for customization. Full outfits tend to have issues when you try and separate one piece from the outfit. Not impossible, but tricky sometimes.

If you have any other questions, feel free to open a ticket with here and we'd be more than happy to help: https://morph3dhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,
    Ryan

antoripa and EDarkness like this.
  16. EDarkness

EDarkness

To add to this, I created another material that I use for different skin tones. This way I can have black, brown, white, yellow, etc. skin tones. I just swap out the material for each NPC as needed. You can change the color via the albedo field in the material you're using. I tried altering the texture itself, but I found that changing the albedo was by far the easiest.

As for mixing and matching, I try to do this when I can, because some pieces work well with other pieces. However, sometimes they don't look right so you have to do some adjusting yourself to find out what works for you. In the future, I would like to have each piece of a clothing set be separate so that it's possible to easily mix and match stuff at run-time. So a belt could have a mesh associated with it and if the player equips the item, it can easily be added to the character without adding the whole outfit. Still, I would also like to see them make outfits generic. I have the Midnight Rogue outfit and I would love to use that on my female characters. There aren't any cool looking ones like that for the females.

Razzle_Dazzle3D and hopeful like this.
  17. nrm21122

nrm21122

I had issue with the beta
    I downloaded the beta before but the models did not seem to work. In blender I got some type of distorted mesh that looked somewhat human but was bit.

18. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

That sounds like a corrupt download...
    First, I would suggest you uninstall the beta and then try reinstalling it.

If the mesh distortion still lingers after the re-installation, open a ticket with us and we can walk through the process with you and figure our what's going wrong.

19. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

@Razzle_Dazzle3D That all sounds great, really, though I freely admit that a great deal of my happiness at reading all of that is the realization that you guys aren't actually dead. So, without further ado...

For those of us who want to create our own clothing assets, or use other clothes from Daz3D and such- we're really waiting with bated breath here. Is there any update on the potential availability of even a demo version of the MCS Tools? I have this feeling that MCS really has the potential to be a big part of our character creation process (and I know I'm not the only one), but I can't convince my boss to let me buy everything in you guys' store without an assurance that it's actually going to be usable in our production pipelines in the near future, beyond the cookie-cutter swap-able dress-up stuff (I'm suddenly reminded of the Pretty Pretty Princess board game from the late 80s...).

Also, can you guys please consider stopping with the ticket system stuff? If the tickets were transparent, that would be one thing, but helping people individually, behind a brick wall, doesn't really do much for the community as a whole unless some enterprising person decides to play intermediary and re-post your answers here. At best, you're only making more work for yourselves by having to answer questions dozens of times instead of just once, and at worst you're alienating the non-assertive types.

20. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

Hello!

1) To address your first concern in regards to clothes, while I'm not sure when the Artist Toolkit will be released IN FULL, optimistically, we're shooting for a release in November. I wish I could give you something more concrete - but I can't guarantee anything right now. For now, all we can do is ask for your patience and hope for the best!

We have plans to migrate Daz assets over to the Morph store soon as well. We'd love to hear what you'd like to see transferred over. For now, anything that's a Gen 3 Daz Original (Male & Female) is a prime candidate for the transfer. Stay tuned for information regarding that as well!

2) To address your second concern regarding the ticket system, short answer - no. For now, it's still the best way for customers to contact us directly with comments or questions. It's helpful for us to interact with customers in this way as we can also access relevant information whenever necessary to help with purchasing issues, account problems, asset replication, troubleshooting, file sharing, etc.

However, in terms of community, we are currently in the process of restructuring our efforts to reach out to you guys with news, updates, and to address concerns (i.e. responding in the forum and simultaneously letting people know that we are in fact, alive). We recognize that we've gotten too focused in our work that we didn't do a good enough of a job balancing communication with you guys. We dropped the ball and we apologize for that. You can expect us to be more responsive from now on (for example, I'm typing this response after hours - that's how much I care about making this right with you guys!!).

So, we don't have any plans to do away with the ticket system anytime soon, but I'll look into creating a FAQ list and post it here sometime next week if you guys would like? You can also post on here as a means of contacting us because we'll be checking it at least once a day every business day.

Thanks for the patience and loyalty!
    You rock (yes, YOU)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    nickyoso1 and EDarkness like this.
  21. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

@Razzle_Dazzle3D Sounds good, I'm convinced- I'll see if I can convince my boss to let me grab all of your currently-available assets while they're still cheap.

As for requests, put me down for ethnic/curly hair styles, saris and/or long kimonos, and more tribal sorts of clothing- along the lines of Native American and Japanese Ainu rather than Aztec / Shamanlike. I'll make a list from the existing assets I can locate on Daz (I'm assuming only the Daz-owned products are candidates, correct?)

I'm curious about licensing concerns. Is there any plan to limit the licenses for content purchased through Unity to below the 100k mark (like the Daz Indie License) without the purchase of an extended license, or any idea if/how the licensing is going to be limited in other ways? Right now, if I spend $500, I can use any Daz3D-owned models in my game products, but are the Unity-purchased models exclusive to use WITHIN Unity to offset the lack of that licensing cost?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Razzle_Dazzle3D likes this.
  22. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

@Lysander, the Morph3D products are separate from Daz3D and have their own EULA. I would not try to make comparisons with the Daz3D developer licenses. Way back towards the beginning of this thread, Morph3D representatives discussed how the two product lines are separate from a licensing perspective, even though the Morph3D content is originally derived from Daz3D content.

23. Ruby-Roid

Ruby-Roid

Artist Toolkit NO to give opportunities to export clothing to the engine. please Open access 2 the MCS Tools.

24. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

He said it should be available November (I'm guessing late November) at the earliest. If they're that close to a full release version, then taking the time to make a half-assed beta would do little but delay things further, so I'm fine waiting a little longer as long as there's communication and clear signs of progress being made.

They're probably designing the tools for the gen 3 model types anyways, so they wouldn't be useful right now anyways.

25. celebrus

celebrus

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I do hope that it continues. I think that you will find that a little community involvement goes a long way.

26. EDarkness

EDarkness

I agree. We're already seeing more action going on in this thread with just a little bit of communication.

27. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello, I just bought a bunch of Morph3D assets, but now Im stuck with something rather silly. I cannot find the areola size and nipple morph, anybody knows how to get this working?

Thanks

28. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

Haven't played around with MCS in a while, but if I'm correct those aren't included.
    Please note that this is only based on the Genesis 2 Daz models, it doesn't contain all of the morphs.
    In about a month the system will get a huge update so who knows, maybe then it will be included.

29. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Thanks, I know that genesis 2 figures include that morph out of the box, I dont know why they wouldnt include it when exporting it for Unity.

EDarkness likes this.
  30. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I can't figure out why they cluttered MCS with so many silly genre-specific morphs I would never want to use, but no ethnic or generalized head-shaping morphs. Every character is the same person, just dialed fatter or dialed Ork-ier. How is that useable? The age options look great. The phonemes look good. If I felt I could make more than one standard human male and one standard human female I would definitely invest in this system….

one_one likes this.
  31. nrm21122

nrm21122

If the tool kit does use Genesis 3 does that mean the things created in it will not work with the current models/morphs

I am trying to decide what to buy but have a strange problem. Do I just buy the male/female kits for now and risk not having enough (hair and cloths) to make it worth anything or do I spend 60-100 and get a bunch of characters giving me plenty of clothing and hair to play around with?

Has anyone used more than one character in a scene at the same time?

32. EDarkness

EDarkness

There was a vote system originally that had a ton of morphs. We could vote for which ones we wanted and they would look at that data, keep the ones that were popular, leave out the ones that weren't. I remember it had something to do with the overall size of the number of morphs so some had to be cut. I think those got voted off (I know I didn't vote for them in the app). They may add some back in when they move to Genesis 3.

Yep. Here's a scene with a couple of models in it.

Razzle_Dazzle3D and TeagansDad like this.
  33. EDarkness

EDarkness

So I decided to look at the Daz 3D store to see what outfits the Morph guys should bring over. I made a little list below (others can add to the list):

Fayre
    Sighni Outfit
    Highwayman
    Hunter Gear
    Medieval Fantasy
    Vampire Queen Outfit
    Innocent Witch
    Eagle Guard Torso
    Ice Bandit Outfit
    Medieval Prince
    Ayleth
    Arcane Summoner
    Umbris Outfit (really, really want this one)
    Jade Dream Outfit
    Dragoh Outfit
    Knight Eisenfaust
    Alicia Armor
    Chevaleresse Armor
    Island Warrior Outfit
    Darkshade Outfit (really like this one, too)
    Riverwillow
    Fairytale Princess
    Elven
    Annika Storm
    Fairytale Prince
    Sword of Time Outfit (would like to have this same outfit as neutral so females can wear it)
    Zenobia
    Medieval Princess Dress
    Fantasy Ranger
    Mercenary Knight
    Rune Outfit
    Austrani Outfit

These are the ones that would fit my game the best, but I didn't look at more modern outfits.

34. umutozkan

umutozkan

Did anyone else noticed that the last promo e-mail from Morph 3D had following content packs advertised as $ 10 each saying discount will be through October 31st. e-mail was sent on Oct 28th but the advertised content packs never hit the assetstore (or Morph3D store).

Content Packs:
    Lady of War
    Knight Guard
    Bowtie Beau
    Vintage Cover Model
    Fire Lilly
    Fire Guard
    Salamis Mercenary
    Legion Fighter
    Party Girl
    Greek Arena

I was hoping to get a few before discount ends.. :(

35. hopeful

hopeful

I think they submitted the new art to the store, but the sale takes place with their old stuff before the new stuff hits the store.

However, based on previous behavior, probably there will be a new sale on the MCS site once the new art lands there (it's not there yet). Something like "Buy 4 and get 40% off." We'll just have to wait and see.

36. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

nickyoso1 is right, we do not support genital morphs with our characters. To my understanding, we don't really have any plans to support them anytime soon - we do have breast morphs with our characters however. If morphable genitals are something that a lot of you want to see implemented, we would certainly be willing to look into it.

As a side note, you can see the complete morph list included in our packages on our website: https://www.morph3d.com/mcs-female-full#list

Thanks!
    Ryan

37. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

Hey there!

Just to clarify:
    • We actually do have head-shaping morphs, this is showcased partly in the banner image on Unity of the "Alien" next to the MCS character - you can see the complete morphing options that we offer on our website
    • You can change the ethnicity of our characters quite easily actually
    • Our characters (MCS Male / Female) are meant to be base templates so that you can go in an customize them - to provide you with the greatest potential for variety, however you see fit
    • We offer clothing and hair packages on the Unity asset store that are compatible with our base MCS characters, but with exception of the Minotaur, Vampire, and Reptilian (which offer new morphs in the packages), I don't know of anything that we offer where the base character is simply recycled and slightly altered...
    In summary, the "standard male / female" packages are the only characters we sell (unless you count the Minotaur, Vampire, Reptilian, but they offer new morphing options). We don't sell new "slightly changed" characters, those packages are hair / clothing packages. The base male / female character ARE necessary for those add on packages and that's why we showcase them in the stock photos. What you are seeing as simple or generalized is our attempt to create a template that awaits your creative vision - something that you can create that is entirely new and your own. Our MCS characters are intended to be HIGHLY customizable.

I hope this addresses your concerns, but feel free to open a ticket with us if you have any other questions or concerns, and I would be more than happy to help you.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  38. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

If it helps your decision at all, we do have a pretty big sale going on right now that ends today!

hopeful likes this.
  39. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

We responded to this in a ticket, but it's a great question and I felt like it may be good to publicly answer as well for everyone else who is wondering the same thing.

We have submitted these packages to the Unity asset store and are waiting on them to publish. However, if they aren't published in time for you guys to get a discount on them, we won't leave you guys hanging! We're already considering extending the sale for this reason, and if that doesn't happen, we will at least offer a discount on the new packages when they are published.

Thanks guys!
    Ryan

antoripa and umutozkan like this.
  40. Acissathar

Acissathar

I hope this forum communication is going to be a thing going forward. I'm glad people's questions were answered though so others can see.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  41. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Thanks for your reply.

Genitals would be a nice addition but I was not talking about genitals.
    Nipples and Areola are not considered by any means genitals, being so not genitals, could you consider to include them in a future update, I just purchased a bunch of your assets and not having nipples is making the assets not usable for me, which is sad because they are very good and I was very excited when I bought them.

Thanks

42. Fenris2

Fenris2

Well let hope Its treat and not trick. :p Bought the two base models with hopes for updates. The fact Morph3D is communicating again with a plan to address issues is more of what did that than the sale price.

umutozkan likes this.
  43. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

well, no…. Thank you for the reply, but these are not "ethnicities" lol.

01f0d41f-b4bc-4ae3-bf96-f95a645a3803_scaled.jpg

I have looked at all your promotional materials and have seen the identical male head and female head in every image. Swapping wigs and tinting the skin shader isn't enough in a first-person game with face-to-face dialog... If you release another version of the base figures loaded with morphs for "human" face variation, I would buy.

StephanTTM, celebrus and hopeful like this.
  44. Sir-Spunky

Sir-Spunky

I really love what you're doing and I just bought the base models, but I'm still put off by male and female content being completely separated. The content packs would have twice the value if we could use male clothing on female models and vice versa. Most clothing packs would be perfectly suitable for both genders, or at least pieces of them. Same goes for hair styles. I see way more similarities than differences between the male and female model for this seperation to make sense.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

45. celebrus

celebrus

Ethnicities is very important for me. Also we need more head morphs and some of the morphs need greater range. I was able to get greater character variation using Mixamo (Adobe) Fuse.

Also additional face textures would be great for variation among makeup, eyebrows, etc. A facial hair system would also be great.

wetcircuit and 99thmonkey like this.
  46. EDarkness

EDarkness

I want facial hair...bad. Dwarves NEED beards. This should have been on the table in the very beginning. Not to mention adding mustaches to the characters as well.

I've been experimenting with different facial types and I agree that it's hard to make some characters. I think it would be great if they started with some templates and allow us to adjust from there. So have a black person template, asian person template, hispanic, etc. From there we can change things as we need. This way we can start at one point and the ranges should be better. The way it is now, the ranges start at the bottom and there's no way to go below that. I would have guessed the base would be the middle, then we can go up and down from there.

47. crissie_morph3d

crissie_morph3d

I want to point out the many options for morphs for the face. We may not have a ethnicity pack just yet, however, there are a number of morphs that allow you to adjust the nose, cheeks, chin, mouth etc. to get a different look. You can view the full morph list here: https://www.morph3d.com/mcs-male-full#list . Hope this is helpful. :)

wetcircuit likes this.
  48. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Ahh, I see several now,…. Headface, headmouth, headeyes…. I guess I missed them. Even a handful is better than none.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! This does change my opinion.

hopeful and crissie_morph3d like this.
  49. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

I've asked this on Twitter, but haven't gotten a response, so I thought I'd ask it here:
    In the newsletter it is stated the Halloween sale is extended and new assets are coming to the Unity Asset store. Is it known when they are coming? And are they on the same discount as the existing assets?

Thanks!

50. crissie_morph3d

crissie_morph3d

Hi! Unfortunately, the 10 new products are still pending review at the Unity Asset store. We are hoping to see them published shortly. As for the price, yes; these items will be priced with the same discount when they are published. :)