Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. celebrus

celebrus

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

2. ramandesingh88

ramandesingh88

HI thank you
    It really helped me a lot.

But still in this when I dynamically change the shape it doesn't reflect automatically.I have to click the game object for the changes to happen.

3. psistalk

psistalk

John-G and Acissathar like this.
  4. Rod-Galvao

Rod-Galvao

24h Sale - Pre-sale question:

Is it possible to add your own clothing and other customizations to MCS?

umutozkan likes this.
  5. umutozkan

umutozkan

That's wat Beta is about. Currently you can get the base model (toolkit) and beta version of MCS Female. Tools is on the way.

6. celebrus

celebrus

I was finally able to get decent hair, and it works in builds also.

If anyone is interested I can write out the steps.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    impactit, hopeful and John-G like this.
  7. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Anyone used with FPS Mesh tool and UFPS? I'm trying to seperate head, arms and body, but with no luck. Thanx

8. Acissathar

Acissathar

I'd love to see the steps!

9. sayroar

sayroar

I also would appreciate seeing your successful steps. Thank you.

10. John-G

John-G

Please do, imagine many would love to see your method.

11. celebrus

celebrus

1) Duplicate the hair Material (not cap). Rename it [Hairname]-opaque.
    2) In the hair Skinned Mesh Renderer for each LOD, set array to 2.

2b) set the second element to your duplicated material.
    3) Set the Cap to the Standard (Specular Setup) Shader and make sure Rendering Mode is Fade.

4) For the hair Original Material set the shader to Morph3D/Standard (Specular setup) - DoubleSided and make sure Rendering Mode is Fade.
    5) For the hair Duplicated "Opaque" Material, set the shader to Morph3D/Standard (Specular setup) - DoubleSided and make sure Rendering Mode is Cutout

5b) Adjust the Alpha Cutoff for best results, (when you can no longer see the head outline beneath the hair.)

EDIT: Step 3 changed to Standard (Specular Setup) Shader

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    nirvanajie, movra, Fenris2 and 3 others like this.
  12. John-G

John-G

13. Rod-Galvao

Rod-Galvao

If I buy this MCS Male on sale, will it work with this MCS 2.0 Beta?

14. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

I just bought MCS male during the 24 hour sale. Do I qualify for the $20 coupon to be used in the Morph 3D website?

15. hopeful

hopeful

I believe you do. Go ahead and submit it.

16. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

The info was removed from the page and that's why I have my doubts. What am I supposed to send them again?

17. hopeful

hopeful

Oh, well, if they removed it before the sale ... I imagine you are out of luck.

The offer was on the asset store page just a few days ago, and since you mentioned it I assumed it was still there when you purchased.

Sorry for any confusion!

18. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

That's what I feared. I'll send them a tiket anyway without much hope!

19. neoshaman

neoshaman

How does it fare with afro hair and black character?

20. hopeful

hopeful

MCS doesn't have an afro type hair pack yet, but it's been requested. I'm thinking they could start with a modified hair cap and go from there.

As always, use the Help feature on the MCS website to submit feature requests.

21. EDarkness

EDarkness

Black characters are pretty easy to do. I just created another material and named it skin_brown and adjusted the color of it so that it comes out to a nice shade of brown.

Here's a screenshot from my game to show off the result. I think it turned out well, so now I just use that skin tone whenever I need a black guy. I haven't perfected the facial features yet, but it's not something I'm worrying about since there aren't many closeups in my game.

Skullforge_Dev_52.jpg

22. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Can we get a webplayer preview for MCS Male: Hair Pack 1 and 2?
    I don't want to buy something that I can just judge from a rendered image.
    Thank you!

23. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

They really should add this as Default to all Packages ASAP.
    Did you send them a Ticket with this steps so they are aware of your fix / improvement?

Thanks a lot for sharing!

24. umutozkan

umutozkan

I downloaded the artist toolkit and assets under engine plugin from beta. The bone names doesn't match between two. Artist toolkit has a different naming (and structure I guess) it's different from the current release too.

It says under changes for artist toolkit:
    • Added Metadata for base figure for 2.0 spec
    So I assume this is the new bone structure. We just don't have the MCS packages compatible with it. Hopefully it'll be available with MCS tools.

25. AiryKai

AiryKai

There's just a different name, but the structure remains the same. It was not a problem for me. I updated my project to MCS 2.0 beta and it works. However, there still exist some problems...

26. umutozkan

umutozkan

Have you tried to use the fbx from left most download at the beta page (artist toolkit) not the middle one (Engine plugin)? I put the female model and tried to match the textures to the materials as best I can. I can say textures and the look is different (better looking imo). Mesh names for the 4 LOD's are also different. I tried to put clothings on, but it didn't work. It doesn't show up in clothings section in the manager component and mesh of the clothings doesn't conform to the body mesh.

The fbx from artist toolkit looks like a complete new version of the model. Here is a screenshot of the head. There are other differences in the proportions and sizes too.

difference.png

EDarkness likes this.
  27. AiryKai

AiryKai

You have to understand that this is a toolkit for content creation and not a model for the project. If you want to use 2.0 beta in your project, you can use character and content models from old version.

28. intentionperception

intentionperception

I have tried all of the following, but none results in a project folder containing Starter Packs and the model in particular. Has anyone else seen and solved this?
    1. In a new project, downloaded MCS Female Lite and imported all
    2. Reimported all
    3. Deleted project folder
    4. In a new, different-named project, imported MCS Female Lite
    5. Reimported MORPH3D
    6. Deleted project folder
    7. In a third new project, downloaded and imported MCS Male Lite
    8. Reimported all
    9. Uninstalled Unity, rebooted, reinstalled Unity, imported MCS Female Lite, reimported
    What I do get is subfolders named 'Packages' and 'scripts', which is just what the Asset Store page shows for these assets. So it seems the DLL is supposed to unpack Packages but is failing silently.

I'm using Unity 5.3.5f1 Personal on Windows 10 64-bit.

29. Acissathar

Acissathar

You need to double click on the Unitypackages in the Packages folder which unpacks the Starter Pack.

30. umutozkan

umutozkan

If you mean it's expected for clothings cannot be added to this base model because it's for content creation not for use in unity, I can understand that.

But I don't think any clothing can be made using this artist toolkit model and fits the current MCS models.

Take a look at these screenshots. Meshes don't match. New mesh (both LOD0) has less vertices. Old mesh has about 20k vertices new one has about 17K.

difference_1.png difference_2.png difference_3.png difference_4.png difference_5.png

31. umutozkan

umutozkan

This is the MCS female model from artist toolkit. I added the underwear pieces and skinned them. The other character is MCS Female Beta model. (Underwear is not a seperate file. I exported an fbx containing both underwear meshes and artist toolkit model as a whole)

32. AiryKai

AiryKai

I'm not saying that they should be compatible. :)

17k is still too much :( Need more optimizations.

33. celebrus

celebrus

Well with different LODs, you are not forced to use 17k.

34. AiryKai

AiryKai

Yes. But there are some problems and I wrote them about it.

35. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

I'm about to buy the MCS Female from the asset store. But now I have learned about the MCS 2.0 Beta. If there are MCS 2.0 assets/models to come, will the MCS (1.0) Female that I'm about to buy be outdated shortly?
    I'm not talking about the artist toolkit (and related FBX models). I'm only talking about the MCS Female Unity asset (and it's potential MCS 2.0 successor).

36. Acissathar

Acissathar

I would think that they would update the asset store to the newer 2.0 version, but I can't say for sure. Your best bet would be to go to morph3d.com and send in a ticket asking them since they don't seem to frequent the forum.

Parallaxe likes this.
  37. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

Will do, thanks Acissathar (-:

Acissathar likes this.
  38. AshyB

AshyB

Just got back into working with the MCS stuff. I really like it, lots of potential but still has some distance to go.

This may have already been mentioned, but thought I'd post it anyway just in case.

The Youth Morph is busted. But on a side note you can create something that looks like its straight out of "John Carpenters: The thing" :p mcsbug0.jpg mcsbug1.jpg

Terrifying! :D

umutozkan and Acissathar like this.
  39. celebrus

celebrus

I really hope that all current purchases (base and addons) will be updated to the new system. If not, I am willing to bet that many will be extremely upset, especially since mcs has been largely unusable since its release due to various issues (broken skeleton, shader issues, bugs etc).

Parallaxe likes this.
  40. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

I think they realised that mcs hasn't met expectations, given the many problems people are having, and have decided to completly rebuild the system from the ground up.

However I do feel like they have lost their focus a bit. If you look at their twitter their latest post have been about their VR lab and other VR things. While it is obvious that they are still working on mcs, they are completly failing to let us know about whats happening. I signed up for their artist program and now that they have the artist toolkit out, they haven't even send out an email letting people know, we just had to find out for ourselves.

41. EDarkness

EDarkness

I've had a discussion with one of the developers of the MCS system and it looks like the whole system is being overhauled. Not sure when the new update is going to happen (sometime soon...next couple of weeks), but a lot of aspects of the current system are being redone. Supposedly this will lead to way better load times, less problems with clothes, and much better performance overall. I signed up for the beta (which hasn't started yet from what I was told), so I haven't had a chance to check it out for myself. Honestly, I'm looking forward to testing it out and I hope he's right about the performance gains as well as solving the body clipping through the clothes problem.

Fenris2, celebrus, Parallaxe and 2 others like this.
  42. umutozkan

umutozkan

MCS used genesis 2 DAZ model. I think New version uses genesis 3 DAZ model. Following are the screenshots from DAZ studio genesiz 2 and 3 side by side. Looks like it resembles my earlier comparison screenshots from MCS models. Maybe someone from MCS team can confirm this.

genesis3_1.png genesis3_2.png

EDarkness and hopeful like this.
  43. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

This is a great product compared to UMA.
    Initially, me and my team were looking into UMA and realized it... just doesn't fit our needs.
    When researching UMA and MCS, I found MCS has the potential to be what me and my team are looking for.

The goal of the team is to create an entirely customized base mesh for furry generated characters by players.
    What we are looking for is to allow randomly generated characters to be present in the game itself, in crowds and at particular times.
    This includes generated characters following navmesh paths, ai functionality and crowd behavior.

Our game is set in a school and having timed crowds, individual characters and other things are important.
    Naughty Tails is an erotic / adult furry sex game and we expect others to be mature about this.

Additionally, we are a team of artists with no programmers and we are relying on assets by programmers to get a playable game.
    In theory, we want to be the first team with no programmers.

We would like to make both male and female in one asset, not separated by two of them... although we aren't sure how that would work technically.
    The idea of a species is more appealing to us than race as our game doesn't use race.

Does MCS work well with Adventure Creator, Final IK, Puppet Master, Skele Animation, Mega Fiers and most assets?
    Due to the game involving explicit adult content, would MCS work with penetration of orifices, stretching and more?

While using Mega Fiers on an evaluation basis, you have to have a built character ready to be manipulated and we would like for randomly generated characters to have collision deformation and such and it seems impossible right now by MCS.

Substance Designer and Painter are important to our texture workflow, would this work with MCS?

I myself have been in the game development industry and it is a part of my resume, so please don't let this subject make you think anything bad about the project.

How would any of this work specifically to our project?
    Thank you for any feedback, we are taking this project seriously.

Lastly, if you are 18+ and take responsibility, you can find Naughty Tails here:
    https://www.patreon.com/NaughtyTails
    NSFW Warning

Example of our preference:

It was difficult to find anything non-erotic on google images.

44. EDarkness

EDarkness

@Janet Merai I would recommend contacting the Morph3D guys directly since you seem to need a very specific thing for your project. I'm sure they would be able to provide more details and suggestions on how to make it work for your project. Maybe the tools they're working on now will provide what you need.

45. pan-master

pan-master

1 can I add own morphs/ blenshapes?
    2 are there any adult parts?

46. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

1. Right now no. Perhaps something is coming in near future.
    2. Nope

47. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

I will be going with Mega-Fiers then, this seems to be aimed at programmers, not artists.

48. pan-master

pan-master

How can I extract these morphs they seem to be not localized in fbx but rather in meta data

49. umutozkan

umutozkan

I dropped a few questions to MCS help, here are the answers I got:

Q. Is the new model DAZ's genesis 3 model? Textures and meshes looks like it. Can you confirm (I think the current MCS model was based on genesis 2)?

A. Yes, this is based on genesis 3 (the current versions of MCS are based on genesis 2).

Q. Is it possible to create clothing pieces with this new version and wait for the artist tools. I mean will the base model change? I am asking because I don't want to create stuff that I won't be able to use when the tools is released.

A. If you create clothes for the current toolkit they will be compatible with MCS 2.0 (we'll be shipping the gen 3 figure with mcs 2.0)

Q. I bought MCS male and female already (and a few content packs). Is this new version going to be an update for current MCS packages or is it going to be sold seperately. I bought the packages because MCS has potential. It also has its problems as you know and I was willing to wait and learn the API and creation processes while your team is ironing out the issues. Now if I need to buy the new version again, I'll really be disappointed.

A. I believe we are still deciding how this release will be delivered. I am waiting on a reply and will let you know when I have more information.

nickyoso1 and Acissathar like this.
  50. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

I think the only way they can get away with selling the mcs 2.0 solution seperately is if they keep providing support for the current version.
    But I don't think they will continue to provide support for the genesis 2 based bodies(based on the genesis 2 bodies not being included in the artist tools). having 2 different versions on the assetstore won't do them any good, having to support and create content for both versions will be to much work for them I guess.

I do know that if it's going to be sold seperately and they are stopping support for the current version, that I will be requesting a refund because at this moment there are still to many issues with mcs and I don't feel like they have been providing proper support.

Sidenote: Is my usage of the word "to" correct or should I have been using "too"?