Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. yohami

yohami

Does this work on mobile? couldnt find that info on the stores

2. hopeful

hopeful

The MCS mesh is probably a little heavy for mobile, but it depends on which device you're aiming for and how many characters on screen at a time.

You might want to look into using Fuse or UMA for mobile characters.

3. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Thanks for the reply, this is a shame hopefully one day they improve this.

4. hopeful

hopeful

Well, it's not just the mesh. The blendshapes eat up performance too. So it's really a product designed for the desktop.

If your game only needs one or two characters, and the target platform is a high end tablet, maybe it would work. You can run your own tests using the free MCS models.

5. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

i might try it, at the moment i have a max of 20 zombies coming tho so its going to be no good, I'm guessing you can't save the mesh ones its made then. i was thinking maybe you could design the character then bake it or something so the blend shapes are not in the build.

jdraper3 likes this.
  6. VargaPD

VargaPD

Dear MCS users and developers,

I have ran through this thread, and maybe I have missed it, but how can we make hair look like more realistic? Like the promo pictures or like in this video:

Thank you in advance,
    VargaPD

7. jdraper3

jdraper3

The promo shots look like iray renders, probably from Daz studio. As far as the hair, the only thing I can recommend is trying different shaders. The system is a huge black box unfortunately with no source code :( This is the best I have been able to get, using alloy shaders:

claire-day.png

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    RonnyDance, VargaPD and John-G like this.
  8. VargaPD

VargaPD

Well, thank you... I have tried some free and cheap hair shaders, or the ones that come in bundles, but none of them worked. Some was even worse than the MCS Volund shader.
    Yes, it's only the hairs, and I don't care if it's not so realtime. I just want to do some short stories, I think. But I have an old pc, one frame Iray render takes more than 10 hours. Unity is not as beautiful, but it's not a renderer, and I can still record frames faster than with ... for example DAZ 3Delight. And looks nicer too.
    Maybe I'll give a shot to Alloy, but I have Shader Forge, and I even can't use it properly xd I need to pay more attention, and learn to work with what I have, before buying another assets xd

9. hopeful

hopeful

With UMA there is an option to remove all the sizing bones when you've finished customizing the character. This is done for performance / optimization, when needed.

I don't have a great grasp of blendshapes, but maybe it is possible to set the shape of a character and then remove all the blendshapes; or maybe remove all of them except for ones linked to expression. Then you can use something like SimpleLOD to find an efficient level of detail for your character (as well as generate additional LOD levels).

So there may be some hope for using MCS character art for a mobile game. Just see if there are some good ways to optimize it that will work for your game concept.

RonnyDance and EDarkness like this.
  10. EDarkness

EDarkness

Actually, this sounds like a great idea. Perhaps there should be an option to create a prefab of the model if you KNOW the blendshapes aren't going to change. Would improve performance quite a bit, I would imagine.

jdraper3 and hopeful like this.
  11. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

Hi,

After being impressed by the advertisement picture on the MCS Female Lite's asset webpage, I had thought the default character in the MCS Female Lite package should be like it and can be used directly without any artistic work:

upload_2016-4-21_19-17-42.png

Well, we now know that it is not true; the character under default settings are far away from the above pictures in both aesthetic and realistic terms. As the advertisement text says, who isn’t developing on a budget, who doesn’t value quality and who wouldn't prefer to focus on his/her game’s design? I am also working on a project based on the character contained in MCS Female Lite package under limited time budget and high quality expectation. The only freedom (or unfreedom) I enjoy is that I don't want uniqueness. I just hope the face of my character looks like the middle one in the above image. So, could anyone please share with me the configuration of Blendshapes (only those related to face or countenance) of the middle girl in the above image so that I can apply them to the default character in the package to make her look the same (or more beautiful if possible). If you'd like to ask a price, that's negotiable. Thanks a lot.

12. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am wondering why so many are asking themselves why the characters do not look like in the "promo" pictures...
    I mean if you take a look to the InGame Videos and Tutorials you can see clearly how the Faces, Hairs etc. look like InGame:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/139433426

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=Qj_PVlY087M
    Starting from 1:00.

You can not expect Hair and Face shaders like in the Promo Assetstore Pictures. This Pictures are completely rendered. Of course it would be nice to know how Morph3d is getting these results and if its possible for real game scenes to achieve something like that. But wondering why the Character does not look like in the promo big is a little funny to me because you have videos on their site and on the AssetStore that show how the Char will look in a Unity Game Scene. How it does look in Daz3d Studio etc is a total different thing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  13. AiryKai

AiryKai

Actually, there is the possibility to obtain the same quality as on the promo images. For it is not even necessary to use some other shaders or something else.

The main problem of MCS is the high load at the moment of loading a new character. On average, it's almost 1000ms for one new character in the scene with multiple LODs and a complete set of clothes.

While this problem exists, all the positive aspects of this system absolutely useless.

14. EDarkness

EDarkness

I've avoided updating this for a while now since it's a pain in the butt to actually update. When I did, everything turned black and none of the scripts are on the models. <sigh> They REALLY have to find a way for this to be easily updated without any fuss. No one should be scared to do an update. No one should have to reimport the asset three or four times just to get it working. It should be obvious to them and everyone else that whatever they have going on with this isn't a good idea and it needs to be reworked. Totally frustrated and I think it's about time to look for a different solution....

15. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

So, how did Morph3d get these results?

16. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

Hello guys! I just would like to know if users can suggest new characters to be added to the catalog. If yes I would like to suggest the addition of cowboy characters! Thanks in advance!

17. hopeful

hopeful

I think it is preferred for all suggestions to be made on the MCS website, using a support ticket.

But yeah, some Western themed clothing would be great, like a fringed leather jacket, hat, concho belt, and cowboy boots.

18. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

I already sent the ticket, but wanted to post here as well!

19. EDarkness

EDarkness

Is there any official work around for the pink head situation? My character has a pink skull, but the hair seems to be showing properly. I haven't figured out a way to fix it and was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

20. hopeful

hopeful

Do you need to assign a material to the hair cap?

21. VargaPD

VargaPD

I understand, that the characters don't have to look like in the promo pictures, if I only buy this product. But I have bought Pre-Integrated Skin Shader, and it made the skin lot more realistic. I just don't want to buy something without I know that it helped others.

22. EDarkness

EDarkness

There's already a material there, but I'll admit that everything is messed up. The models are black in the editor (even though there's a material on the mesh) and white once the game is running. I managed to get it changed, but now it's just a flat color even though it shouldn't be. It's screwy and I'm not sure how to fix it. Was hoping there were some workarounds I could use.

23. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

Hi, does anyone know how to control the blendshape of eyelids so that the character can close his/her eyes? The existing blendshapes like Afraid, Eyes Squint or Surprise can move the position of eyelids although cannot completely close eyes, so at least there is some means to control the position of eyelids via blendshape. Can you tell me how? Thanks a lot. PS: assuming we are using MCS Female Lite.

24. umutozkan

umutozkan

Full version has blendshapes for that, I don't remember if Lite version does tho. Probably not.

25. ks1993

ks1993

hello
    I have already purchased some morphe 3d produces but the clothing and accessories contained in it not conform to the shapes, and sizes of any MCS characters that i design. can any one help plz

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      142 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      48.5 KB
      Views:
  26. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

27. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

You should create a Help Ticket on Morph3d site for that. There you will receive a response pretty fast. Try to change the LOD from 0 to 1 IG and see if the problem still is there.

Yes.

28. celebrus

celebrus

You can look at my script here which controls controls my character blinking. It is using Full MCS Female/Male and I don't know if the blendshape exists in Lite. The blendshape name are PHMEyesClosedR/PHMEyesClosedL.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  29. ks1993

ks1993

i send them a request but they doesn't reply yet :/ i change the LOD from 0 to 1 already but nothing change
    ps: the clothes looks fine until i run the game maybe these 2 pictures below describe more what i ' m trying to say

Attached Files:

• 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      268.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      162.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    NoobTaco likes this.
  30. celebrus

celebrus

I have had this happen to me. I changed my animations and it went away.

31. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

Hi, celebrus, Thank you very much for the answer and the code. It's cool to use yield. Did you find any problem on the skin image when you closed eyes of the character? Below is my result in which the eyelid seems get detached from the eye socket. The artifact is so obvious. Do you have any idea to fix this problem? Thanks a lot.

upload_2016-4-26_18-7-28.png

32. celebrus

celebrus

Hello Zhou,

My needs don't really have any closeups of their faces yet so this hasn't been an issue for me. This has been mentioned before here

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...cs-male-and-female.355675/page-9#post-2416757

If this is an important issue for you, I do recommend that you file a bug report on their website. The more they here it is an issue from people, the higher priority it will probably be.

33. zhou_heng

zhou_heng

I always encountered two errors when trying to build the project containing MCS Female. The errors are:

(1)
    ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:147)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:185)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

(2)
    Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.

The errors occurs as soon as I put any MCS Female model into the scene. The platform for which I am trying to build is Windows x86 and the version of Unity I am using is 5.3.4f1. For now I can only run my program inside Unity. Does anyone has the same build problem as me and how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  34. celebrus

celebrus

This has been discussed several times recently in this thread. I really wish they (Morph3D) could set up a forum, or perhaps a reddit so issues like this can have their own thread.

You need to find the dll and set it to be used only in the editor. If you need more information you will need to search this thread.

hopeful likes this.
  35. celebrus

celebrus

Well, I went ahead and created a subreddit for the Morph3D community:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Morph3D

The success of it relies upon you the community on using it. I will transfer ownership over to Morph3D if they wish to moderate it.

umutozkan, atmosfearteam and jdraper3 like this.
  36. umutozkan

umutozkan

Fantastic.. I just posted my tutorial link there ;)

It would be great if we move some useful info from this thread's earlier pages to reddit. So they will be available and easy to find.

37. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

They honored my request and added two new characters:

1) MCS Male: Western Outlaw
    2) MCS Female: Gunslinger

I was really interested about using the outlaw character as my main character in a game I'm planning to program. I bought it for Daz Studio and was looking for an efficient way to bake PBR maps and also decimate it efficiently. I'm pretty lucky that they added it before I completed my job because they did a beautiful job in the character and is already optimized for Unity. The characters are on sale for a limited time, 30% off if you buy one character and 50% off if you buy both. I already went ahead and bought both of them. I can't wait to test them in Unity.

Later I'll browse for more characters worth to be added to the library and send more support tickets. Thanks Morph3D for such nice characters!

EDarkness and hopeful like this.
  38. ks1993

ks1993

thx for reply i already use Ethan animator to animate my charachter..+ MCS male and female have the same bones hierarchy as Eathn so i dont think that will be the source of the problem .. :/ can u explaine more plz ?

39. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

No you did not, MCS team screw it up by not including the missing required cginc file in their new custom shaders.unitypackage with new version of MCS. After importing the The Blacksmith: Unique Character Shadows package I had to manually change the path in the cginc file or move it where the script is expecting to find it.
    And yet still getting the PINK HAIR OF HELL. The obvious thing is that the shaders are not compiling. The error states: undeclared identifier 'UnityDecodeCubeShadowDepth' at UnityShadowLibrary.cginc line 97.
    I opened a support ticket and move on with other things

EDIT: I finally solve the PINK hair by importing in once again the The Blacksmith shaders
    Now the issue is with holes in the cloth :( no luck with this characters

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  40. celebrus

celebrus

EDarkness and Rusted_Games like this.
  41. umutozkan

umutozkan

I am pretty sure someone from Morph3D posted that they are aiming to release developer tools 1st Quarter 2016. Any word on the tool yet?

celebrus, VargaPD and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  42. DJSvist

DJSvist

Hello! Try:
    1. reimport Morph3D shaders pack
    2. reimport Blacksmith: Hair Shader and select ONLY morph3d hair shaders

i did this and holes dissapeared
    (sorry for my english)

43. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

It was mentioned by the Morph3d Team that Blacksmith Asset is not needed to fix pink hair bug.
    Just change the Hair Shader to Standard Shader.

I would like to know this also. Right now Morph3d is releasing lot of ugly stuff to the store (Environments, Aliens). This feature is more important if you ask me.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    John-G likes this.
  44. EDarkness

EDarkness

Looking at the activity in that Reddit thread, I think it would be best to have people post their thoughts here. Isn't this really the avenue for getting new ideas and feedback about the Morph3D system? I think you guys are underestimating how important this forum is when it comes to communication with people who are actually using your product. Just my opinion on the matter....

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  45. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Agree 100%. Adding reddit is kinda spreading things thin when it is already difficult getting responses here. Probably should master one avenue of communication before trying to add another one. And this one here should be THE primary one imo.

EDarkness likes this.
  46. umutozkan

umutozkan

Addition of reddit isn't aiming to move discussions from here imo. You would agree that it's easier to find a specific topic related to Morph3D there instead of digging from hundreds of posts here. I support having the reddit for that purpose. There are some useful posts in this thread, i.e. pink hair fix. It's better to show people to the appropriate post there instead of answering the same questions over and over in this thread.

That being said I invite people who supplied useful information in this thread to make a post there about it. So it can be referenced easily.

47. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hi Ronny, using the Standard Shader helps with the pink hair at the cost of loosing additional capabilities of the Hair Shader (like having 2-3 different color shades). Also as far as I remember Standard Shader renders one side of the mesh so from some angles you will see through the character where you shouldn't (you can use a doublesided shader too but the look will not be the same anyways).

So blacksmith shader fix is the only way to retain the Hair Shader's features while losing the pink hair.

48. ivendar

ivendar

I have no account there but I think we all want morph to have everything you mentioned. :) But I would give facial hair the higher priority. Also tattoo options. I think a great character editor can also be seen for Black Desert and that we one day can have such options here as well. But that's tons of work of course.

One other thing I have to add to my wishlist for morph is to offer Paypal or Paysafecard at their store. Not everyone outside USA got a credit card. ^^

Best Regards

49. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Yeah I know... I just posted the problem on Morph 3d site and the reply was to use Standard shader. I dont know if this is a temporary fix or a Full fix for the Morph 3d Team. I hope for a real fix...

50. NoobTaco

NoobTaco

Does anyone have a good tutorial or link on how to export an item from DAZ to be used by MCS as a content pack?

I am testing and just purchased the Female Basic Underwear (modesty ya know) and I can't get it to work when I export it.

Any tips? Thanks