Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. celebrus

celebrus

I think the newer versions have been using the skull cap system before the r3 release. The Victorian gentleman is using it. But they have not gone back to update older models.

2. hopeful

hopeful

I don't think the Jake hair (Starship Crew) will get a skullcap, since it is already a style that is tight to the skull. The skullcap is there to help hide the bald scalp that can be visible when you look at poofy hair from different angles.

So maybe no changes for that hair model anyway, except for the new hair shader, which comes with the base male model.

Probably we could stand to get a more detailed update on this.

3. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

HI @hopeful The add-on packs on the Morph 3D store have all been updated to use the latest hair and skull caps. The add-ons in the the Unity store should be going through approval or already up.

hopeful likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

It looks like the revised MCS models are tumbling into the asset store now. :)

5. Xialya

Xialya

I just downloaded Female Fitness Trainer and Female Ranger from Morph3D webstore.
    They both have no skull cap. Seems like these are still old versions.

Edit:
    Same for Male Urban Enforcer, and Knight of the Wolf.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. hopeful

hopeful

Would they benefit from having a skullcap?

UPDATE: All of the hair models from the Sci-Fi Bundle (downloaded from asset store) have cap meshes incorporated with the hair. And they look lovely. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  7. hopeful

hopeful

I looked at Knight of the Wolf, from the MCS store, and not only is there no cap, there is also a lot of that same dithering that was also present on the Vamptress hair. In this case, it makes a lot of the back of the hair transparent.

Since the Sci-Fi Bundle hair looks perfect, all with caps and no dithering, I think the question mark goes back onto the MCS store versions. Maybe a mistake was made and they are not the very latest version? Or some of them are not?

8. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, two new models appeared today in the MCS store - Minotaur and Lizard Guy - plus a teaser for the first MCS environment piece.

9. celebrus

celebrus

While some of the hairstyles may not benefit from having a skullcap, they would all benefit by being updated with LOD and blank(Uncolored) Hair Texture.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

Definitely agree about uncolored hair texture.

11. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

So it has been about 6 months, and I thought I would check in and ask if creating custom assets is possible yet??

12. hopeful

hopeful

Nope. Probably 1-3 months away, is my guess.

jessedlux likes this.
  13. Freddy888

Freddy888

With the new hairs, which I bought, do we have to assign the materials and shaders manually ?

14. HBoelke

HBoelke

Hey,
    how can i add new props like the 9mm handgun to my model so that i can add it to attachment points?
    The documentation only shows how to add the premade 9mm handgun and not new items.. thats not really helpful.

15. celebrus

celebrus

I just downloaded (2:15 pm EST 3/19/2016) Sci-Fi Female from Morph3D store (Again). It still has not been updated. I really like morph3d products, but working with them is very frustrating.

16. hopeful

hopeful

There's a note on the MCS website regarding hair. It says:

ALL HAIR INCLUDED IN PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED ADD-ON PACKS WILL UPDATE TO THE LATEST HAIR SYSTEM BY WEDNESDAY 03/23/16 AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.​

So maybe we have to wait till Wednesday to get the latest hair on MCS downloads ...?

17. celebrus

celebrus

Thank you hopeful. I missed that. I am fine with waiting a bit. Still waiting for them to put a version number or update date on their store.

hopeful likes this.
  18. BillO

BillO

Have the issues with Unity 5.3.4 and Morph 3d been resolved on the Mac? Specifically, does the skin poke through the clothing meshes? Unity 5.2 works fine. Since version numbers are still missing from the Morph 3d assets it's hard to tell old files from new files.

19. AiryKai

AiryKai

How about optimization? I still get several hundred ms on CPU during character instantiate...

20. errandfox

errandfox

Is anyone able to actually log in to their website? I'm just getting login screen, and reset pwd links are not working.

21. pan-master

pan-master

cant open MCSFemale in blender or maya,sytem crashes is this normal ?
    I managed to open it once in maya but it took 4 GB or ram and it took 15 min to open

P.S what about femail genitalia morphs.I need it badly.
    what about Geo-Graphe daz genitalias. how day are diffrnent? are they some kind of additional geometry that maches the main mesh and rig??

are these models g1 or g2?

youth-morph (5) year old stll has breast, but should not have...
    there is lack of L breast flatten

breast bones are not on the correct side

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  22. hopeful

hopeful

At the moment when I go to MCS I'm able to view my account. However, it does look like maybe they're trying to do some maintenance over the weekend or something.

23. HBoelke

HBoelke

Hey,
    if i try to build my game i get the following error:

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:154)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:192)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

I have tested it in an empty project only with mcs nothing else.
    Unity version is the newest.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  24. atmosfearteam

atmosfearteam

@DevDevils I recently had this issue as well. I actually even contacted support about it. This is what they said:
    Doing that actually worked for me. :) Maybe it can help you too. ;)

25. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

It seems that the store is in maintenance.
    A Magento error pops up:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Time for an extra 15% discount I would say ;)

26. hopeful

hopeful

Seems okay now.

27. HBoelke

HBoelke

Thanks, that worked for me too.

hopeful likes this.
  28. Frogger007

Frogger007

Is there a way to animate the tendon from the rangerbow ?

29. Frogger007

Frogger007

The mcs female lite and the mcs female has a directory called 'morphs'.

Is it possible to make some from the mcs female morphs in this directory accesable from the mcs female lite ?

30. hopeful

hopeful

I see the first environment - the underground battle arena - is on the MCS store now.

Is it a scene for posing characters? For a game scene, it seems kind of small ... but maybe that's just me?

31. EDarkness

EDarkness

I was kinda wondering the same thing.

32. pan-master

pan-master

when i try to make a build a get

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:156)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

33. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

The Pink Hair Bug is killing me.
    I got it first after importing Full MSC Female Asset. After reassigning the Shader of all Hair Materials it was fixed.
    After importing Full MSC Male Asset it came back also for Female Pack and it does not go away after reassigning the Shader again... Pretty annoying! Anybody an idea without having to delete all MCS stuff and importing the assets again? Gonna try the fixes using Blacksmith assets of @Xialya . But if we need these Assets to get mcs working this should be described!

@pan.master
    Take a look some posts above:
    "The reason that you are seeing this error is due to the import settings for the M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll. Open your Unity Project and go to Morph3D>Scripts>Plugins and select the M3DIMPORT file. Then In the Inspector uncheck Any from the check list and check editor."

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    pan-master likes this.
  34. umutozkan

umutozkan

When I import packages downloaded from Morph 3D store I get this message on console:
    The hair shader for: RangerHair / Assets/MORPH3D/Content/Contentpacks/RangerFemale/hair/Ranger/M3DMaterials/BLANK/RangerH_CAP_BLANK.mat was assigned to a shader reference you don't have, reassigning to Volund shader. COnsider updating your base mcs figure asset.

The message is repeated for almost all the hair packages. The MCS male and Female packages are up to date (downloaded at the same time by the packages). I reimported MORPH3D folder just in case, but messages remain.

Does anyone else have this? I don't even know which shader it looks for?

35. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hey import both shaders and see if the error is gone:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39921

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39945

Cheers
    Ronny

36. umutozkan

umutozkan

37. The-Little-Guy

The-Little-Guy

Not sure if anyone has had this issue and knows how to fix it, but when adding a cloth to a character's clothing, such as on the vamptress' cloak, when the game plays all the constraints disappear. I believe they are rebuilding the meshes at runtime, and don't import the constraints to the new mesh... maybe I am wrong on this...

38. Xialya

Xialya

@RonnyDance
    I still had some kind of issues following that, and I was not satisfied by the fact I had to import other assets for a workaround.
    I wrote a ticket, and the devs fixed the error I was getting on the hair shader.
    Now MCS works flawlessly (except for the minotaur's clothing..), which I was desperate to have it work since last October.

I'd advise you to write a ticket on the Morph3D website.

RonnyDance likes this.
  39. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thanks Xialya for your response.
    I hope they realease the fix for everyone and I can delete the other assets from my project... I need to create ticket anyway because Female Victorian Clothes are not matching up with the female body. Butt, legs and more are coming out of the clothes. :(

40. okynos

okynos

Hi, some people like me have this error when build in some platform,

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by M3DIMPORT_DLL ('Assets/MORPH3D/scripts/Plugins/M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    2. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:156)
    3. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
    4. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    7. Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.
    this error is produced by the terrorific M3DIMPORT_DLL.dll so I wanted in this post and others for a solution but it was partially solved, I only write here to say the specific solution that works for me, sorry if you can't solve.

1. See the coment #419 from movra coment at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-morph-character-system-mcs-male-and-female.355675/page-9
    thanks to movra and batate.
    2. Now the problem, in my case as I say the hair turns pink!, but thanks to RonnyDance in this post #836 we can solve this pink error and build in any platform.

I only write that for people like me that don't find a specific solution for this problem on Google, sorry if some post is already writed, regards.

41. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

For everybody having some issues with Pink Hair:
    I have writen a Ticket on the Morph3d Help Site. Right now the fix is to change the Hair Shader to "Standard Shader". With this you don't need any extra Asset from the Store to get the Pink Hair issue fixed.

Just to let you know what Morph3d Team says to the issue.

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  42. jammer42777

jammer42777

Hello, I am wondering... is there a way to properly export morph characters as fbx 2013?
    I've tried to export them as OBJ then import into blender, and they literally look like spaghetti.
    Any help would be appreciated.

--Joshua

43. AdanGrotesco

AdanGrotesco

When i make a build it tell,s me that error:

upload_2016-4-8_14-35-22.png

44. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Take a look 3 posts above. okynos posted the solution for the problem again. This should fix your error.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  45. tequyla

tequyla

Hello,

is possible to create my own armor set with parts ( helm, gloves, pants, blet, shirt, etc..) and import them in MCS ?

share you male and female generic model for armor set creator ?

+++

46. umutozkan

umutozkan

It's possible, but too hard at the moment (to get it work with all the morphs etc.) No one could make it work yet.

They are supposed to release a tool for that (I guess they had said Q1 2016). I am (im)patiently waiting on the tool myself.

EDarkness and jdraper3 like this.
  47. AiryKai

AiryKai

Hi guys! I would like to discuss several issues concerning models to find out whether someone else these difficulties.

Some time ago I refused to use the LOD0 models from Morph3d in your project, because they have too much polygons for a game project and there are a few differences from LOD1. However, there are issues that I think need to be fix.

#1. Bothers me the appearance of teeth that look crooked in LOD1. I think for many this could be a significant thing, especially in the projects, filled with various dialogues.

teethProblem1.jpg

#2. Female characters have a too sharp transition of the texture on the back of his head. This applies to all LODs, not only LOD1. I addressed this problem in Morph3D support, and I was advised to reduce normal map value to 0.2. This is partially fixed the problem, but the blurriness of the texture on the back of his head remained. In addition, we lose the opportunity to add skin details sufficiently.

headFemaleProblem1.jpg

#3. There is a small inaccuracy on the chin female models in LOD1. Under some angles of illumination is noticeable very sharp angle between the polygons. This could have a negative impact on the visual style of the projects.

headFemaleProblem2.jpg

What do you think about this?

P.S. I'm sorry for my English :)

48. Rumbleboxer

Rumbleboxer

hi guys.. really urgent question. Is there any way at all to separate the head from the body with MCS? For eg. I want to put the head in a separate prefab while the rest of the body goes in another prefab.

Any advice would be great!

49. Rumbleboxer

Rumbleboxer

hi all,

with mcs lite, is there some way for me to separate the head with the body? i need to place the head in a prefab while the rest of the body is in another. Any advice on how to do this will be greatly appreciated!

Do i need pro for this?

50. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Can anyone confirm if this avatar is mobile friendly?

yohami likes this.