Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

I use MSC Lite ,for changing the Lod Level i go on the M3D Character Manager and have a Scrollbar for LOD so i that 0.25 that ist for LOD2 so you can check that on the Genisis Male.Shape LOD0-3,on the Core Mesh Script have the MeshQuality that is what you can type in M3D Character Manager.
    Problem is by chnaging the LOD you can became clippings on the cloth :(

2. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

I wanted to share a quick preview using MCS Female and switching clothing in runtime.
    I had a harsh time to figure this out and Chris from MCS support was extremely helpful.
    1) You can not have more than one MCS prefab under the same root if you want to avoid the JCT error
    2) Changing the visibility of the Clothing at runtime using the method SetClothingVisibility causes a significant lag (Dev team is working to reduce it) because of internal initialization process.

I´m using the old trick by having the inactive MCS prefab floating around outside the camera and then changing position. The low FPS is caused by low end GPU

tapticc likes this.
  3. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Thanks. Sorry I should haven been more precise: I know about the slider. But how can I make use of this during runtime? Basically I would like the LOD system to changed LOD depending on camera distance, meaning when the character is further away the amount of detail can be less.

Unity has the LOD Group component for this but how does it work now with the M3D? Do I need to script this or is there some built in functionality I haven't seen yet?

Thanks,
    Florian

4. AiryKai

AiryKai

Hi all!

Has anyone encountered this problem? Why is this happening?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JCTTransition.HotfixUpdate ()
    JCTTransition.LateUpdate ()

5. tapticc

tapticc

Hi I'm getting the following error when the MSC Male Lite character is created in the scene:

MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.Awake ()MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap..ctor (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (.TKey key, .TValue value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

The character is used with the Third Person Controller asset for info. I really want this to work so I can get the full characters, but can't debug this error so would appreciate some help?

6. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

This is a well known error when you have more than one MCS Prefab under the same root GameObject like:
    Player
    -> CiaoBella
    ->Ranger
    At least for me.

Goodgulf likes this.
  7. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

If it is Opsive´s TCP you can check their forum where this issue was raised as well (no fix thou). If you have no plans on making the character to change morphs then you can disable the CSBoneservice component at the hip level.
    Moreover I got this error when setting up the TCP Items and weapons, is that your case?

8. tapticc

tapticc

Hi thanks for coming back to me, disabling the CS Bone Service helps thanks, I haven't tried the TCP items and weapons as yet, think I should try that next...

9. tapticc

tapticc

I've never been able to add new items without copying an existing Items component into a new model to be honest, never seems to work, just need to rotate the guns afterwards so not a biggie. The character needs to be morphed at runtime rather than design time which I am OK with as the player will be customising their character anyway and will need to use their chosen preferences, so I think I am OK now :)

10. AiryKai

AiryKai

Has anyone experienced high CPU load when calling CostumeItem.Start() ? I get over 60% load and loss of fps.

11. tapticc

tapticc

I've got the latest MCS Male (paid) version working OK with the TPC system now, disabling the CS Bone Service is the main gotcha in the previous version but seems to be behaving itself in the latest version (so far...)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  12. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Can somebody have a look into the rig? All my bones have a rotation of 0,0,0. Everything looks right, but it is nearly impossible to create colliders.

13. tapticc

tapticc

I am getting some clothing peek through issues with the MCS Male (paid version) even in play mode. Is there a way for us to resolve this ourselves? I don't mind if I have to check all clothing and make some changes to tidy things up but I don't really want to have to put on the black vest top to cover up the issue!

EDIT - I even get this in a build, not just the Editor

Attached Files:

14. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello everyone!

Michael here from Crazy Minnow Studio, the creators of SALSA with RandomEyes. We just finished splitting our MCS support off from our Daz workflow, and into it's own add-on. This will allow us to fine tune the process specifically to MCS characters for the best results and most nimble iteration cycle. If you use SALSA lipsync with MCS, click the link below and grab the new 1-Click MCS Setup version 1.0. In addition to the split, this version also only maps non-body morph shapes to RandomEyes custom shapes, automatically positions the eye gizmo between the eyes for target tracking, and tunes default settings for MCS characters.

MCS 1-Click Setup v1.0
    http://crazyminnowstudio.com/posts/using-mcs-characters-with-salsa-lipsync/

Our Daz 3D workflow has been iterated to version 3.5 and removes all MCS related code from the workflow.
    http://crazyminnowstudio.com/posts/using-daz3d-characters-with-salsa-with-randomeyes/

jjnieto likes this.
  15. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

It's a shader issue that is related to the new unity versions. Support team knows about this and they work on a fix. At least that is wthat I was told :)

16. tapticc

tapticc

So OK to ignore for now and carry on regardless?

17. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

That's what I do for now.

18. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Quick update on Morph 3D Studio, I found a couple of bugs and had to resubmit to Unity, so its added a few days delay...

I am also working on a Runtime MCS asset for in-game character manipulation which is coming together nicely, watch this space!

19. jjnieto

jjnieto

I'm eager to see the package!
    In the meanwhile, I wish to send you a request. Please add more clothes for the characters, or at least, let the users to create their own clothes for the characters.
    I've found your MCS characters the best on for Unity, but to be really usefull on advanced games, developers needs a lot of new clothes and contents.
    Keep developing man!

20. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi jjnieto,

Thanks for your message, but just to clarify I am not a Morph 3D employee, I am an independent Unity developer using the MCS assets, and creating my own tools/assets to help improve workflow with the MCS characters, think I better change me profile pic! :)

21. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@jjnieto The Morph team is working on a set of tools that will allow users to add their own content, in addition to more content releases from us.

If you or anyone else would like to request a feature or specific content you would like, shoot a help ticket from: https://www.morph3d.com/help

KaletheQuick and EDarkness like this.
  22. jjnieto

jjnieto

LOL!
    anyway I'm eager to see your package, and also... keep developing!

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  23. jjnieto

jjnieto

I've just send a help ticket asking for more clothes or tools for create contents.
    I love your package... keep on yeah! gamedev & rock'n'roll!! :)

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  24. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Just as thought, but do we have all these issues and related solution in a wiki somewhere?

A forum post is not exactly the best place where to hold such critical info; some people lost hours of their time, to figure fixes for variouos issues, and time is money.

Also I did receive a mail, from M3D regarding the customization tool and if I was interested, but I didn't receive any reply after that.
    I assume the tool to create your own clothes and hair is on its way; but some updates would actually be welcome.

I am still waiting to implement M3D in my project; since if I do not have a clear idea of the effort needed to create new clothes and get a more anime look to the characters; I can't really spend time yet. Going back when the project is in advanced state, woudl only hurt.

Hopefully more info will come along. I am glad to see that support now respond to email, and that the assets are getting better and more performant. Keep up the good work.

Pandur1982 likes this.
  25. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@darshie1976 We are working to get a wiki up and running with all our documentation on our website. We do have some documentation up already on our website under the help section.

rapidrunner likes this.
  26. Matt-J

Matt-J

Just bought and tested MCS Male. Was disappointed that there is no way to add your own clothing to the character, especially as the modeling tools are so good. When will we be able to do this and is it possible to export a character into 3DSMax from Unity please? I tried the Unity obj exporter but that didn't work as I guess the blends and the skinned mesh renderer are stopping it. Is there a way to collapse a finished character to a mesh without the blends?

Decided to go with Fuse after testing MCS, iClone and Fuse. All have good features, would have used MCS if it allowed for your own content or iClone if the poly count/textures weren't so crippling. Pretty big mistake here as I'm sure many guys are in the same position starting new projects at this time of year and want to have more than a bodywarmer for their dwarves.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    m-kan and tapticc like this.
  27. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi all, Morph 3D Studio is now awaiting review with the Unity Asset Store team, in the meantime you can download Morph 3D Studio Lite for FREE here :)

Please let me know what you think? ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  28. tapticc

tapticc

Just downloading it now, do you have your own forum for feedback rather than hogging this one please?

29. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Yeah an own Forum Thread would be great.
    Also to clarify:
    If I buy your Morph 3D Studio will it be updated with Runtime MCS asset for free or will you sell the Runtime MCS asset as a separate asset?

30. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi tapticc, thanks for downloading, please can you let me know if you receive following errors? Unity Asset Store review team are getting them when they import my package, but they have advised its an issue with Unity 5.2.1 which I used to upload, so I will update my Unity to the latest version and resubmit my packages.

With regards to my own forum thread, that's a good point! Apologies to all, I will start a thread and do one final post here linking to my new thread. Hope that's ok...? :oops:

31. tapticc

tapticc

I'm on 5.3.2f1 and didn't get any errors like that. My suspicion is the Morph3d package needs the Reimport doing, I added, reimported, removed, added, reimported Morph3d before Morph3d worked, it's temperamental at best. May be related but apart from that no ideas sorry

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  32. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

OK, very interesting... I did tell them to do the re-import of the MORPH3D folder etc... ;)

Anyway, I have now created my own thread for Morph 3D Studio, I will only post in this forum if I have questions regarding the MCS Assets themselves.

Here is the link to the Morph 3D Studio thread...
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/in...er-system-mcs-male-and-female-avatars.385627/

Aidos! :D

BackwoodsGaming and RonnyDance like this.
  33. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Are the versions of MCS Male and Female the same in the Unity Asset Store v1.0r2 as what is available from the Morph3D.com Store? When I download copies from Morph3D.com that I purchased I believe they are only v1.0r1?

34. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Tried out the Lite versions for a few days. Very good. the wallet is primed and standing by. Before I bite the bullet I am wondering if the community here can help with some problems I am having.

I was previously having the problem where the mouth just hangs open. I was using the Invector 3rd person controller, and tried the solution where you just remove the lower jaw from the rig import or something. Anyway, that was horrifying, every time the model would ragdoll the lower jaw would stick in it's last position, and be distended or inside the head. Starting fresh I noticed that the upper jaw does the same thing, kind of just rattling around inside the head. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any idea what is going on or how to fix it?

My second problem is with the eyes. Both the male and the female model seem to use the G2F simplified eyes, but with different UV maps for the male or female. I first noticed it when the male had all black eyes, so I manually changed the texture to be the male one (it was the female one), then I went to the female and founds it's eyes like the picture. How do I get either instance to use a different texture? Every time I change it the other changes too :(

MCS Jaw Ragdoll Error.png MCS Eye material error.png

35. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Hello @KaletheQuick I did have same issues when testing with Invector´s TPC and also with Opsive´s TPC, I´m not sure to whom I need to throw the ball here, if this something that the respective TPC developers should fix or add a tutorial to make MCS works with their products. On the other hand testing with Ootii Motion Controller + BoneController the MCS character plays nicely, though I test no ragdoll with it yet.

KaletheQuick likes this.
  36. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Does any one have tested MCS with iOS build target?
    I was playing last night a bit and noticed when having the MCS prefab with no clothing the FPS went up like 120-160, as soon I added one cloth, or hair, or googles (wasteland character) the FPS went down 1-2. I tried changing the shader materials to mobile->Diffuse for example but I got the same result.
    Tested on Mac OS Maverick, Unity 5.3.2p3 OpenGL 3

37. tapticc

tapticc

I fear most of the problems are not with the new Morph Studio asset, rather with the MCS system itself. I really want to be able to use MCS but it keeps on letting me down. Countless times after importing and reimporting, trying to add the clothing package doesn't actually add clothes to the model even though the clothes appear in the manager. I've wasted a lot of time so will be coming back to this in a few months to see if it has matured.

Morph Studio is working well once the MCS system is behaving at least!

EDarkness and Greg-Bassett like this.
  38. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Hello tapticc, a tip that Chris gave me when importing the first time. When the import dialog prompts you need to uncheck the content and let unity import just the resources and scripts, after that you can Import again but this time selecting only the content. Doing this works 100% all the time for me and I don´t have to waste time doing the whole reimport step.
    Now the problem with MCS Studio asset seems related to version not in sync with MCS from asset store and MCS from web store from what I red in their post.
    I agree with you, the system needs to mature and the guys in MCS are doing a great job in that path.

tapticc likes this.
  39. tapticc

tapticc

Sure I have no doubt it will get there, and being able to customise characters is awesome but for now will just use a multitude of Daz3D characters (I have the Indie licence) to offer variety.

40. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

I have the same open mouth issue with Ootii Motion Controller. It looks like it is something with the MCS models.

41. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

The mouth open issue is related to the animation used by the TPC, if the animation rig supports jaw bones then you won´t get that behavior.

42. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Thanks for your support! As soon as I get my hands on v1.0r2 of the Male and Female full versions from morph3D.com I will get my asset updated and resubmitted to Unity.

Regarding your other issues, I am sure the team at Morph3D will resolve these minor problems quickly. :)

43. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Yeah. I would have purchased them already, but I need to wait for the next paycheck. Im confident that they will be able to fix these problems in no time.

Yes, I am looking into the other solution at the moment. The problem I am seeing with the upper jaw will most likely persist as I think that might be a deeper ragdoll error with unanimated bones sticking however they fell during ragdoll. I created a simple gun prefab out of boxes and noticed they have floating apart problems too. In the image you can also see the breasts have fallen to one side.
    Unity Ragdoll object shifting.png

Attached Files:

44. EDarkness

EDarkness

The problem really stems from their DLL doing things at import and it's not very reliable at doing it. Creates more problems than it solves and I really think the system should be setup before import this way there are no problems for people who import from scratch. Having to import more than once just to maybe make the system stable should be a sign that something is wrong with how they're handling the asset. I'm afraid to upgrade MCS because I finally got it at least a little stable and I don't want to go through that process again. They need to put their heads together and find a better solution, because at the end of the day we're making games and performance, ease of use, and being modular are extremely important.

Just my $.02. I like the system and use it in my game, but it does need a lot of work. Though, for me, the thing they really need to solve is the issue with skin bleeding through clothes.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  45. szymonkosok

szymonkosok

This package looks really nice! I'm thinking about buying male and female, but I have question. How about modeling clothes? Is there some content creator pack?

Ok. I see in previous posts - there is no way to model your clothes, so for me it's pontless. You can buy assets, but 100 other developers can buy them too. So there is big chance that you can make character very similar to character in other game.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  46. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

@cspencer3d I am still waiting to get v1.0r2? My ticket number is #280, been in Open state for 4 days? sorry to chase, just desperate to get hold of same version from morph3d.com as is available in the Unity Asset Store. Thanks in advance!

47. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Roughly how many polygons does the lowest lod use?

48. hopeful

hopeful

Did you read where the content creator suite is expected sometime in the first half of this year?

49. szymonkosok

szymonkosok

No I didn't. If this is true then that asset will make sense.

50. hopeful

hopeful

@szymonkosok - Here's the most recent quote that I spotted (Dec 18):

We're really looking forward to releasing the clothing toolkit, and seeing what people create with it. It's one of our most requested features, and something we want to get right. Our rough roadmap for the release of the tool set is Q1 2016. We will still be producing our own content packs as well, to provide as rounded a solution as possible.​

I doubt they will make the Q1 deadline, but if it slides only a little Q2 seems possible.