Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@fre_ber Great idea I will pass your feedback on to the dev team.

2. jitrock

jitrock

Hi.
    I purchased: MCS Male, and MCS Female.
    When I try to import either of the assets into Unity I get the following error:
    Fatal Error!
    Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

I have tried importing the asset while loading from the command line, while starting Unity from the GUI, and in an open empty Unity project. I have also tried importing the asset in stages instead of all components at once. All resulted in an out of memory error.

I have also tried the light version to see if it made any difference, but I still got the out of memory error when I tried to import the asset. I have sent Unity 3 bug reports regarding this issue, sent a support issue through the Morph 3D website, and posted the issue at the following location (which may be the wrong location)(no response to date for this issue):
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/memory-issues-while-importing-assets.377022/

I have also sent Unity a support ticket requesting to move Unity to a 64 bit machine with 8GB RAM, 2GB VRAM, and a 3 GHz Intel dual core. The ticket was submitted a couple of weeks ago, but I have not had a response yet. This seems to be a memory management issue, but I am willing to try the more powerful machine if I get approval to move Unity.

This has been tested on the following versions: Unity Version 5.2.3f1 Personal, Version 5.3.1f1 Personal. The issue occurs for both version. I would really like to use these assets but to date I have not been able to import the assets into Unity. I have been trying to import the asset into an empty project to give it the best chance of success, but it always throws the out of memory error toward the end of the import. I purchased the assets on 30-Dec-2015, so I may be too late for a refund, but I would much rather use the asset, than get a refund.

Current machine specs:
    Physical Memory: 2032 MB
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ID=0x6818)
    Vendor: ATI
    VRAM: 2035 MB
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz 2.13 GHz

Both aforementioned machines have solid state hard drives.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Can this issue be resolved?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  3. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if this is a related error or not, but with the latest version of MCS Male and Female, in Unity 5.3.1f1, Unity locks up when trying to import the FBX of the character model. When I kill Unity and get back in, it will say the model has only 14 bones, or something like that. So I delete the FBX and reimport just that one file, and then it works.

I did not have this problem with the previous version of the models, only the very latest version. Since I didn't see anyone else complaining about it, I figured it was just me. ;)

4. Legendre60

Legendre60

I am having a problem with FBX animations added to the MCS. I've picked up several different animations from the asset store. For the most part they work just fine, with one major exception. All of the animations cause the MCS to hang his mouth wide open. What am I doing wrong?

5. celebrus

celebrus

Legendre60 likes this.
  6. The-Little-Guy

The-Little-Guy

Could you please put the morphs in Alphabetical order. It would make finding things easier. I know that there is a search, but blend groups don't have that, and it may also filter out something I may be interested in.

7. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

HI everyone you all have some great questions and recommendations. We can take a look at all your questions in depth and take your feature requests through the Morph 3D store help page.

https://www.morph3d.com/help

8. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi, checkout my recent post http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...s-male-and-female.355675/page-12#post-2474252, regarding my new Morph3D Add-On asset! Among the many features in my asset, the one I think you will like most is the ability to click anywhere on the MCS character in the Scene view and have only the BlendShapes sliders for that area of the character displayed for fast and productive character creation!

Since posting my pre-release YouTube video I have wrapped up my development and I am currently in the process of submitting the asset to the Asset Store! :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  9. Xmblpb

Xmblpb

@cspencer3d Will MCS Male/Female include option to customise character face? For example if I have few characters in scene it looks weird if they have same faces. I can change texture, but I would like to change face shape at least.

10. montyfi

montyfi

Huh? I think that is available from the first version.

11. Archania

Archania

Greg, it looks great. Now just need the buttons in game so you can do a full character customization.
    Really like the camera jumps to focus on the body parts.

12. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@Xmblpb Yup there are multiple morphs for the MCS figures faces you can use any combination of the morphs to get a fully customizable face you like.

13. umutozkan

umutozkan

I think there have been some changes with the latest update about clothing fields (MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIclothing)

Clclothing had a displayName property. Apparently it doesn't anymore. Probabaly replaced by ID. Problem is content packs with older versions doesn't have ID (I guess) and my method of putting on clothes at runtime doesnt work anymore.

I guess I'll have to review the documentation and figure it out. By the way having a documentation is better than nothing but I'd appreciate if you released a simple step by step tutorial on what's the best practice of doing things at runtime (putting clothing and hair on and off, changing blendshapes etc.)

*Edit. ID works with older content packs I had to reimport. But hey I still want the tutorial :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  14. namhoon

namhoon

I've provided the following response:
    But I never received a $ 20 credit Mail.
    Of course I checked the spam folder.
    Please check again that you have sent the mail.
    If there is a problem with the mail system, please send an e-mail back

=========================================================================
    HI Namhoon

Sorry for the trouble getting your $20 credit. I sent you an email on 21st requesting more details so I could give you your credit. Please check your spam folders to see if the message was lost. If email is not working for you please PM me on the forums @cspencer3d.

15. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hi guys. My characters are suffering from some major tearing in their clothes even when I run my game. Any idea whats causing that and how to fix it?

SevereTearing.png

16. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

17. umutozkan

umutozkan

Thanks cspencer3d but thoese tutorials are about changing morphs at runtime and animating from one blendshape value to another, which is useful and great. But we could really use some tutorials on clothing. Like how to put them on and off at runtime. I managed to do it by trial and error (link to my tutorial), but I have no idea if it is the proper way of doing it.

18. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Your not the first person to ask about this feature at runtime, I can certainly see that it would be great to give the player the tools to edit the player character in-game.

Once, I have submitted Morph 3D Studio to the Asset Store team for review (in next 24 hours ;)), I will start work on some tools for use at runtime to provide the required blendshape list for the selected area of the MCS character.

Glad you like the camera jump to focus buttons, I used Fuse in the past and it was such a good editor, I will also add image planes which can be used to place images or photos of characters in the front and side views so you can model an MCS character from character design images.

19. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I have just finished the Morph 3D Studio user guide, check it out here. :)

tapticc and Archania like this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

I haven't really got into all the nuts and bolts of MCS yet, but I'm wondering ... how do you send characters and update character customizations across a network?

Of course, I imagine you'd have to send the current values for the blendshapes across, and what model and clothes, and so forth. What I'm not seeing is any structure comparable to UMA's recipe format to facilitate this. If it does not already exist somewhere, in some form, I think something like that will be helpful in saving customized characters and sending them across networks.

21. Archania

Archania

Wow Greg... it looks great. Easy to follow. Nice work.

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  22. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Many thanks Archania! ;)

23. umutozkan

umutozkan

This is a screenshot from gamewindow. The one on the left is instantiated and clothed at runtime. The one on the right is created in editor. When I pulled the Heavy slider to max, the one created at runtime shows terrible clipping issues while the one I created in editor is OK (it has a few clipping issues as well but not that bad as the other)

runtime_vs_editor.png

My conclusion is when game starts MCS model does something to resolve the clipping issues. When I instantiate the model with code either it can't do that because it is bound to game start event or I am missing a step in instantiation to get the same effect.

If there is such a method to call after instantiating the model (and put the clothes on) with code I'd appreciate if you let us know. Thanks.

**EDIT: I managed to figure out that if I use manager.LoadClothingFromContentPackToFigure(clothing); instead of manager.AttachCIClothing (clothing, true); it resolves (mostly) the clipping issue.

Could you please provide a step by step tutorial for adding a character to scene at runtime, removing a character from scene at runtime and add another, adding clothes and removing/replacing clothes at runtime. Which method to use is not very clear from API documentation. And this trial and error process is not very productive.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    tapticc likes this.
  24. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Morph 3D Studio and Morph 3D Studio Lite have now both been submitted to the Unity Asset Store Team for review! :cool:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    John-G likes this.
  25. BillO

BillO

Morph 3D models in the Mac version of Unity 5.2.4 work fine -- no clipping issues. However, after upgrading to Unity 5.3 significant clipping occurs. Has this been fixed in the latest version of Unity? Also, has version numbers been added to the models download page?

26. umutozkan

umutozkan

I tried to put multiple MCS models to scene. (To see the performance) When I put the second model though it starts to throw an exception continously. Error goes like this.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JCTTransition.HotfixUpdate ()
    JCTTransition.LateUpdate ()

error.png

27. sammi32

sammi32

Hi,

what must i do to receive the $20 store credit ? :)
    i have buy MC Male , and write a e-mail with my unity invoice number at the costumer support. no answer. ,-)

next, i have register me at the store, but i cant't relogin at the store, the user is known , my password is unknown.
    I testet it with IE , Mozilla and Chrome?

and also the clipping problems with the skin and the clothes, have everbody a tip , what can i do, comes an update in the next time to fix this problems? :)

Please, help me.

thank you

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  28. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

HI Sammi32

I can get you your $20 credit please PM me and I will work with you getting your credit.

Thanks

29. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hello, at First nice Asset :D

So i use the Male Lite Version for Testing and have a problem with the Shader,here my error :

my Problem is the Shader will not work at runtime some times and i have a purpel guy :D , so i hope you can help me.

The other Problem is the cliping of the Skin to Cloth, i see here in the Topic many peopel have this Problem,will you work on it?

30. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

@cspencer3d I have noticed that when I use Blendshapes that change the height of the character the bones do not update in the Editor? However when I run my scene the bones are in the correct place within the mesh. But when I stop playing the scene the bones go back to the default position for a standard height MCS character?

What function is called at runtime to realign the bones?

Thanks in advance!

31. kinodax

kinodax

I am experiencing a problem @Blueberry seems to have back in October : "Is anyone else having the issue where dragging content packs in shows up in the content pack list but not on the body or in either the hair or clothing list?"
    Post 211
    This is with another inactive character in the scene.

32. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hi,

Further invastigation on multiple MCS characters on the scene: as seen in screenshot, when I put the heavy slider on first MCS character on the scene, posture of all characters change (see the legs of thinner ones). Something is wrong here. I think it might be related to the NullReferenceException: I mentioned a couple posts up (maybe it's caused by same bug?).

multiple_MCS.png

33. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Has some successfully used Morph3d Male with Mixao Animations? If try to use alrady downlaoded Mixamo animations rigged to a fuse character and then exchange avater in unity I get an error: "Transform Genesis2Male for human bone "Hips" not found.

If I try to upload the MCSMale.fbx file to mixamo website it just says "something went wrong" after the upload.

34. celebrus

celebrus

I am using Mixamo animations successfully with the current version 1.0r2. The previous version gave the same error as you.

hopeful and florianbepunkt like this.
  35. kinodax

kinodax

A follow up. With a completely new project, reimport of directory, new scene, only one character, dropping character packs shows up in the content pack list but only blank entries do show up for each item in the hair and clothing lists. Some LOD settings cause the character to disapear. Even though there is not label for the hair entry (Micah) the enable-disable does work. The first entry for CiaoBellaJacket also is blank but does toggle, the rest of the entries do not. Any clues anybody? Maybe version issues? I've been getting along with it quite well for months, until now.

36. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Thanks. But with 1.0r2 I still get the same errors on their website. Downloaded and reimported the package. Can you upload the FBX to the Mixamo website without an error?

37. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@florianbepunkt ,
    i use mixamo Animations , here my workflow to use it.I download animations with custom Char from Mixamo.The i import it in unity.I go on rig Character from Mixamo to Humanoid.The Animation i make rig from copy Character and i select the mixamo Char for it and copy from it.The i have all in Humanoid and it works perfect for me.Hope that helps.

38. grega91

grega91

Hi guys! I'm completely new to Unity3d forums as well as to using MCS. First of all, I think MCS is an awesome tool, but I do wonder if any of you have come up with a functional workflow to import your own clothing assets into MCS? I know the Morph 3D team is rolling out a toolset of their own in the upcoming future, but I want to come up with a makeshift solution now.

We are planning on using tons of clothing assets for our project. I would really appreciate any workaround you've come across (perhaps there's a way to use Daz Studio or Megafiers MagDaz?). Thanks.

39. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Thanks, this worked.

40. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

I experience the same issue. When instatiating a morph 3d character serious clipping issues regarding clothes appear. Is there a fix from the asset author team?

41. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Here a littel preview with MaleLite Version :

for the Hair Clipping = i have paint the Texture on the Head how are the Hair is black. :D

montyfi and Greg-Bassett like this.
  42. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hey Florian,

If you are instantiating the MCS character at runtime, use manager.LoadClothingFromContentPackToFigure(clothing). I resolved clipping problems by doing that. (actually there are still few clipping problems but comparing to earlier it's much better)

Also there is a bug with current version: when you put more than one MCS character as child of same gameobject, morph changes affect the other one (weight change on one model makes other one's posture deform for example). I reported it and they said they'll work on it.

Goodgulf likes this.
  43. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Thanks for providing that fix. I will try this tomorrow. Hope they will fix this in the next update. Morph3D seems like a powerful solution once it has its "kinderkrankheiten" (how we say in German..."child diseases") sort out.

44. EDarkness

EDarkness

Umutozkan, what are you using as the variable "clothing" in manager.LoadClothingFromContentPackToFigure(clothing)?

45. MrIconic

MrIconic

If you don't mind PM'ing me when it comes out that'd be nice. Question though - does it work on both male and female?

46. jeremiasz

jeremiasz

Nice to hear that. Morph3D is a great tool, but without advanced customisation (clothing) is somewhat unusable. What time is considered for developing such features? This year? Next one? Thanks in advance for reply. Keep the good work! :) :)
    Wish you the best!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  47. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I've not looked into runtime character customization with MSC myself but this and the lack of response to "difficult question" like the ones umutozkan is asking makes me worried. Maybe UMA will be a better option for handling more characters and be more customizable. I like the MCS base better though and not being an artist or having access to an artist I can't create a better base for UMA.

48. umutozkan

umutozkan

Clothing is instance of MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIclothing . You can get the clothings out of outfit prefabs with something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.            ContentPack clothingPack = new ContentPack();
    2.             clothingPack.setupWithGameObject(clothingPrefab);
    3.             foreach(MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIclothing clothing in clothingPack.availableClothing) {
    4.                 library.Add(clothing.ID, clothing);
    5.                 listNames += "\n" + clothing.ID;
    6.             }
    clothingPrefab in the code is a public variable (or private with [SerializeField]) it's type is GameObject. You can drag the outfit prefab provided in the content packs or models. (usually under outfits folder)
    I added them at startup to a library with ID's. Getting them out with ID's when needed.

Same thing can be done for hair.

If you want to put clothes on as a set there is another method that loads content pack.

tapticc, EDarkness and montyfi like this.
  49. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks for the information, umutozkan. I haven't messed around with clothing yet since my main character is wearing one main outfit. I just want to get rid of the skin poking through the clothes and the method I was using isn't working. I'll give this a try to see if it makes things better.

50. florianbepunkt

florianbepunkt

Sorry, if this is a rather noobish question. But how can I make use of the built in LOD feature of the M3D Character Manager script? How to make it adjust to camera distance?