Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey there @cygnusprojects, sorry about the silence from the Morph 3D team. Admittedly there was a time in early December where our support tickets weren't being directed properly and unfortunately a few folks like yourself have been lost in the cracks. We now have dedicated team managing our support requests and you'll find us much more responsive and helpful.

2. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey @Leslie Young our hair has a 'skull cap' as well as 2 hair layers, 'opaque' and 'feathered'. Initially, we made the decision to create LODs of the skull cap but that has resulted in a significant tendancy to create bald patches with the skull cap and skull. This is because the geometry LOD of the skull cap doesn't line up with the geometry of the skull. Our most recent hairstyles employ a new method that fixes this issue and we are currently going through our product library and recreating our hair with this better technique. This issue should be fixed in a few weeks in the but in the meantime @stlouis4d method of thickening the hair is a decent stop gap.

hopeful likes this.
  3. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

@montyfi Have you heard back from us yet? We've been processing a lot of promo requests but you should still have received a quick response from the team. Did you use the form found here?

4. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Well I did try to reset the password account saterday as well, no luck. I now used the provided form on the Morph3D website. Hope something can get out of it.

berk-maketafi likes this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not montyfi, but I had the same / a similar problem. I used the support email that MCS provides in the asset store, but there has been no reply.

I will now use the Help form on the MCS website, as you have directed. Thanks! :)

6. montyfi

montyfi

Exactly that form. Haven't heard anything back yet.

7. hopeful

hopeful

I see the MCS store has finally added the newest items from the Unity store. Plus four new ones. :)

The new ones - not yet in the Unity store - are male and female vampire, male trainer, and female starship crew.

UPDATE: The newest models are starting to appear in the Unity store ...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  8. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I've sent one as well with no response, let me check again, but pretty sure didn't receive an email.

9. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Ten times faster, zero allocation. Great work.

10. EDarkness

EDarkness

I'm having a serious problem with skin poking through clothes. Is there anything that can be done to fix this...at least in the short term?

11. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

The same question as for anybody else in this thread: are you having those problems only in editor or while running?
    Do you use custom shaders?
    Morph3d is using alpha textures with a special shader to hide skin under clothing, but it only works while playing.

12. hopeful

hopeful

Oops! Got all excited that my credit from Morph3D had arrived, but it was only an ad from MCS telling me to apply for credit. ;)

13. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora finaly found a thread.

You maybe already worked out I'm not a happy camper.

You had to know that people like myself that are new to and learning all this stuff would buy into tools to make things easyer,.. Yes right!

Every test project I load to try get these working has had issues

The Third Person Controller Template doen't except this char as a ligit humoniod
    Third Person Controller, the model walk out from under the hair and eyes

and dumps me the may as well be chinesse (no offence ment I just don't understand it)

Errors:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (.TKey key, .TValue value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap..ctor (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.Awake ()

Invalid AABB result

aabb.IsFinite()

IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)

IsFinite(outDistanceAlongView)

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (.TKey key, .TValue value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSGeometryCloner+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSGeometryCloner+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSGeometryCloner+BoneMap..ctor (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSGeometryCloner.CreateBoneMap (UnityEngine.Transform hip)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.AttachCostumeItemToFigure (UnityEngine.GameObject costume_item)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.AttachCIHair (MORPH3D.COSTUMING.CIhair hair, Boolean clone_item)
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.DetectAttachedHair ()
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.initCharacterManager ()
    MORPH3D.M3DCharacterManager.Start ()

An a stock standard reply after 3 or 4 days opps we'er sorry,... just sad

Yes I'm a more than a little upset, sorry don't cut it when selling top end product for top price. I don't like biuying broken when NO documentation cept a readme the would leave skyrim modders spitting tack over the lack of info in it. and I have to air my disgust in public because nobody answer the limited help on you off site web page

14. EDarkness

EDarkness

Of course. This is is a problem when the game is running. After I do adjustments to the model itself, the skin still bleeds through the clothes. The more NPCs I add to the game, the more annoying it is. It's like the system doesn't readjust the outfit once the body has been changed. On top of that, while animating it clips through knees and such. It's really annoying.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  15. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

HI All

I am super happy to announce that the Morph 3D website support page is fully functional now. We had some bumps along the way but are good to go now!!!

If you can't find all the answers you are looking for here on the forum submit a support ticket to get one on one access with a support team including the developers!

https://www.morph3d.com/help

Oh and we now have a getting started tutorial for using MCS Female check it out:

kurotatsu and berk-maketafi like this.
  16. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

@cspencer3d Thank you very much for helping me out! With your help I'm getting a better feeling towards the Morph3d support and products.

kurotatsu and berk-maketafi like this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

All good moves, but I know I'll feel more comfortable with it when either MCS's email support or the Help support actually replies to me. ;)

berk-maketafi and montyfi like this.
  18. Plutoman

Plutoman

19. hopeful

hopeful

It's ... a liquid metal, at room temperature. But still durable. ;)

20. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@hopeful I would be happy to make sure your support request is seen. PM me your email and I will check it out.

21. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@EDarkness Poke through is never fun! There has been a issue with Unity 5.3 and the shader we are using to stop the poke through. What version of Unity are you using?

22. EDarkness

EDarkness

I'm using Unity 5.2.2f on a Mac. It's incredibly frustrating. Heh, heh. The barkeep in my game has this crazy design on his chest.... I don't want to sound ungrateful, but you guys really should look into a low cost solution for clothes that doesn't involve a shader or anything. It's one of the biggest problems with the asset. Still, I'm open for a solution since I'd like to do screenshots again. :(

23. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@EDarkness ah interesting. Why don't you write in a support ticket from the Morph 3D website and I will get you in touch with the dev team!

EDarkness likes this.
  24. EDarkness

EDarkness

Okay. I'll try to get that done sometime today.

25. Xmblpb

Xmblpb

MCS Male BritHair appears pink in scene, seems some shader issue. Anyone got workaround?

Another issue that MCS Male and Female conflicts in one projects, some of errors I could fix, but I unable to resolve Male black eyes issue. Is it possible to fix or just relax and wait for update?

Also both Male and Female have highlighted nostrils. Will be great to fix it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  26. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius

I've been trying to get in touch through the support on the website regarding the $20 credit, and have still not been able to get a reply. Anything I'm missing?

27. hopeful

hopeful

I have not been able to get anywhere on it either. I've been working with @cspencer3d on it, and so far what they're saying is they don't see anything from me on their end. But I've sent four support requests using their website, and I screen shotted the last one to prove it. So something is failing somewhere, and I have to assume they're aware of it and trying to track it down.

Plutoman likes this.
  28. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Did someone test the new Version? How is the performance now with the different LODs and the Performance Fixes?
    I also read that its now possible to have multiple Morph3d Chars in a scene with good performance. Can someone confirm big performance gains with the new update?

29. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I said it some posts before. 128 characters on a I7 went from 20ms to 2ms, so it is much faster than before.

berk-maketafi and hopeful like this.
  30. Plutoman

Plutoman

That's great news! Glad to hear that. 128 characters is more than I would be likely to have, and targeting X1/PS4/medium to high gaming PC's, so that's not too bad at all.

@hopeful Good to hear it's just a server issue (albeit sucky, and sometimes easy, sometimes hard, to track down.. a server/website issue is quite different than ignoring people).

31. AshyB

AshyB

I believe there is a fix for that in this thread a few pages back.

There is 2 more LOD levels I think and a new LOD script which looks interesting. A few script changes (changed method names) but performance-wise haven't tested it that much yet. Looks good tho.

@cspencer3d I just updated to the latest version of MCS Male and unity free and just came across an error;

Code (csharp):
    2. JCTTransition.LateUpdate ()
    3. JCTTransition.HotfixUpdate ()
    4. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Its coming from the hip bone JCT Transition script. Apparently you can't instantiate a morph character in awake or start?

Using yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame() then instantiating works.

Still getting the same shader errors when building :(

32. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

@cspencer3d I am still not getting any reply after using the form found here. I've send another after you mentioned here that it should be working now.

33. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

34. kinodax

kinodax

I see @AshyB's problem but with two pre-existing characters in a scene. I have two characters in a scene (FemA and FemB). When I enable only one (FemA) in the hierarchy there is no problem. When I enable the other one (FemB) the error shows up. The question I have is where would I place the yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame() since I don't do any object creation, I am just toggling the enabled bit in the editor while running? Additional tests shows the following behavior: Start with FemA and FemB = error, Start with FemB then FemA = no error (!?!) , Start with FemA then FemB = error. Start with FemA and FemB = error, but turn off FemB and error goes away. Like I said before, a weird variation of AshyB's problem, but with object creation is done by the editor.

35. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius

Uh, what? I've sent numerous reports using the form and haven't heard anything. Is anything going to be done?

36. celebrus

celebrus

They are now using a ticketing system (Zendesk). If you don't recieive a confirmation ticket after your submission, that should be an indication that something is not right.

37. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@ZackLeodrano So sorry what I meant to say was "Hey man send me a PM and I will get you are credit"

38. movra

movra

Bah. Sent 2 requests through the form, one one Wednesday and one on Sunday. No confirmation tickets, but I did see "Thank you, your message has been submitted to our support team" popups. Guess those aren't to be trusted.

edit: Got sorted through PM.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  39. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@movra We are using 2 ticketing systems one that creates an email and one that creates a zendesk ticket. If you have received none of these then please PM me. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    movra likes this.
  40. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey folks,
    We've really been vexed by the support issues that we've been experiencing since the launch of our store. We've seen so many reports on this forum, in emails and in our product reviews stating that we weren't responsive to support tickets. It was confounding us because our support tickets were all being tracked and according to our records every ticket had been addressed or was being addressed and yet the complaints were still coming in.

However, after an exhaustive search and process of elimination over the past few days, today, to our horror and chagrin we've found that a considerable number of support tickets were being sent to our spam folders by Google! Indeed, your complaints were quite valid with us and we deeply apologize for the frustration that we've caused you. We will be going through each lost support ticket and reaching out to those of you that we've inconvenienced- we will do our best to do right by you. Thanks for bearing with us and we are so happy to finally know where those support tickets are and what we need to now fix!

Sincere apologies,

The Morph Team

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  41. AshyB

AshyB

@cspencer3d That error I was reporting about the JCTTransition was related to removing content packs by code. The JCTTransition methods seem to think the content pack still exists and keeps calling the skinned mesh renderer for that pack even tho it's been removed.

Also, attached a picture for your dev teams. Haven't done anything other than add all the content packs I had (was testing memory) and found that with the pictured combination some body parts become invisible. This is probably not the intended purpose.
    morpherror1.jpg

42. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@AshyB I just sent you a PM so I could get a few more details for the devs thanks for your support in getting this taken care of!

43. NeoKuro

NeoKuro

Hey, still loving the MCS, however I've now noticed a rather worrying issue which I think was reported, but not sure if it has been fixed?

That is, performance.

I've been using Unity 5.1.x and recently upgraded to Unity 5.3.x and did not notice a difference.

But ultimately, I believe that the MCS is causing my client to essentially eat my RAM. I understand teh assets are big, but when I'm creating a UI/Front-End setup screen I don't really want my project size to be more than 10GB at this stage. Due to the sheer size, I was noticing some horrible performance issues with the editor. The game seems to run fine - in that It is smooth and such. However for me as a developer, when it takes 20-30 seconds to save a scene, 10 seconds to simple add a blank script, and on occassion causes my editor to simply lag when panning around, it becomes very bothersome.

Has there been any work done with regards to the performance issues mentioned in the OP?

I've recently tidied up my project, and am reimporting the assets (completely deleted my library - which accounted for 7.5GB of the project, with MCS accounting for roughly 2GB) and if it runs smoother I'll let you know, but since my editor had been running fine before adding in MCS (and it continues to run fine on other projects) I can only assume MCS is the root cause of my performance loss?

Few numbers;

Total RAM: 7.9GB
    RAM Used w/ Unity: ~6-6.5GB
    CPU usage w/ Unity: 2.5%

MCS File size: 2.5GB
    Library Folder Size: 7.5GB
    Meta Folder Size: 6GB

44. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi all MCS users!

I am just putting the finishing touches to a new Unity asset that extends the Morph3D Character System within Unity called Morph3D Studio.

I was a hardened Fuse user and when Mixamo sold Fuse to Adobe I was left looking for an alternative character creation solution for Unity.

The timing of the MCS release was perfect, the product is simply amazing, however it has some workflow shortfalls compared to Fuse when creating custom characters.

So I decided to remedy these issues by creating a Unity Editor asset add-on for the Morph3D Character System.

Please take a look at my pre-release showcase video here...

MCS contains 350 BlendShapes, and finding the BlendShape you want to modify is not always easy, until now!

Morph3D Studio allows you to click any part of the MCS character model in the Scene view and be provided with only the BlendShape sliders for that area of the body.

This is extremely useful and speeds up character creation massively.

Just click anywhere on the Nose, Eyes, Ears, Cheeks, Forehead, Eyebrows, Mouth, Chin, Neck, Shoulders, Arms, Hands etc and access the required BlendShape sliders immediately!

Morph3D Studio also includes Viewport Presets, which enables you to switch the Scene view to focus on exactly the part of the body you are editing simply by clicking a button.

Morph3D Studio also includes many other presets, notably the Skin Color Presets, these provide fast changes to the Skin Color, select from common skin colors, or choose a completely custom color from the Color Picker.

Morph3D Studio is coming to the Unity Asset Store soon, along with a FREE Lite version for use with the MCS Lite assets.

45. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I want say, thank you Morph3D as I just noticed the Blood samurai, kunoichi female on the Unity store.

I must say, that I feel some of what I have hoped to see, out of your characters is coming to pass. I can't wait for the future updates with the ninja male.

Thank you.

Dan
    Kurotatsu Studios LLC.

46. hopeful

hopeful

@Morph 3D - If I may make a clothing suggestion to your art dept.: trench coat! :)

47. fre_ber

fre_ber

Hi.

I recently bought the full versions of MCS Male and MCS Female. I also downloaded the free content packs Female Sci-Fi and Male Wood Elf Scout. All in all these appears to work fine. But since I am a bit anal about asset folder structures I ran into a problem that might be Unity-related rather than MCS-related, but this is what I did:

I created a new Unity project, imported the MCS Female, re-imported the package to get the DLL loaded correctly. Then I imported MCS Male and the two content packs. I dragged the MCSMale and MCSFemale prefabs into my scene. I equipped all the hairs and outfits to the two models and disabled the parts as needed to show only one hair style and one outfit on each character. So far everything was fine but now my OCD kicked in and I started to move stuff around in the folders. I moved all the female hairstyles into a single folder, all the female outfits into a single folder, etc. I also deleted some unused, duplicate, materials that were left in the packages for some reason. I also extracted the creature textures and materials and placed them, and the default human skin textures in a folder named "Skins". (By the way, why are there no materials, normal maps, occlusion maps or specularity maps for the female creature skins like there are for the male counterparts?)

Everything still worked fine in this project so I right-clicked the MORPH3D root folder and selected "Export package". I included everything in the new package.

Before all this I had been playing with the MCS Female Lite in a different project where I had started making some game code with character creation, including sliders for manipulating morphs, and some basic game areas to walk around in. Naturally I wanted to upgrade this project to use the full versions of MCS so I deleted the Morph3D folder in this project and imported the new package that I exported from the test project.

Nothing works in this new package - the meshes are there but all the M3D scripts in the game objects within the prefabs are broken. My guess is that some unique IDs for identifying things like scripts were changed somewhere in this process.

Can anyone please inform me about how to do this properly?

48. hopeful

hopeful

One improvement that would be good for the MCS store: version numbering on the models so we have a chance to tell if there's an update available. Preferably these would be the same version numbers used in the Unity store.

Thanks!

berk-maketafi and Greg-Bassett like this.
  49. cspencer3d

cspencer3d

@fre_ber Sounds like you are enjoying exploring the MCS platform capabilities. The issue you encountered is exactly what you suspected, unique ID's. When ever you import a a package into Unity it gives items a unique "serial number" it actual a hash but lets not go into to many details.

This serial number is carried over when you save a prefab but if you shuffle in new packages or parts of packages Unity gives the imported packages new serials which do not match the old referenced ones in the prefab. Then everything goes BOOM. We are working to fix this though.

@hopeful Hey we love your suggestions thanks so much!

50. fre_ber

fre_ber

@cspencer3d Thanks for the reply. I think that I am close to getting a structure that I can work with. I started with extracting the shared assets, such as plugins, shaders, etc to a separate package. Then I created new packages without checking "Include dependencies". I had some folder issues but I think that I managed to sort that. Something still references materials in the M3DMaterials folder though, so it creates some blank materials there every time I import. These materials aren't used anywhere I can see them so I will live with this for now.

I suggest that you too split the packages up into one "base" package with all the shared things and require people to import that package first instead of asking them to re-import.

EDarkness and berk-maketafi like this.