Search Unity

[Released] Moon spacesuit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by akareactor, Apr 21, 2018.

1. akareactor

akareactor

Forum Cover.jpg

Moon Spacesuit

A character rigged model (based on an "Astronauta" by Juan Ignacio) with customizing substance material.

Documentation | Videos | Twitter | Discord

Has a set of 23 animation clips (some of animations are referenced to the real lunar motions) providing the following motions:
    • standing,
    • repairing,
    • selecting,
    • urging,
    • walking,
    • bunnyhop,
    • jumping,
    • falling,
    • rising.
    Contains a rigidbody character controller with an ready-to-play animator.

Has some of footsteps effects and footprint-ready components (supports both Easy Decal and Dynamic Decal assets; you can extend it for you decals).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Circool likes this.
  2. cognautunity

cognautunity

I am having some issues with this asset. The astronaut mesh does not render a texture, there is no footstep texture, the animations do not work with another humanoid. It's useless for me.

3. akareactor

akareactor

What Unity version do you use? Some issues may relate to U2018, update will be soon.

Animations was made for specific model of an astronauta, without any original rig changes. If you want some common humanoid animations, you can use Mixamo.com service.

4. cognautunity

cognautunity

I am using 2018. Please post if it is not compatible with particular versions. This asset is of no use to me, I would like a refund.

5. akareactor

akareactor

Submitted 1.2 (2018-ready) for approval to release. If all goes well, you can check it soon, I hope.

Have you an Allegorithmic Substance plugin for U2018 installed? If not, please download it here.

Footsteps need any third-part decal system, like Easy Decal. Particular footstep textures you can get from attachment (full pack will be included later).

Attached Files:

Circool likes this.
  6. cognautunity

cognautunity

Ok, thanks for the footstep PNG's, I'll purchase Easy Decal and give those a try.
    I had intended to use the animations on another model, but could not find an astronaut bunny hop in Mixamo - any suggestions where to get a generic humanoid astronaut bunny hop animation?

7. akareactor

akareactor

1) You can use any decal system. Differences are about instantiating and rotating decal to desired direction. Look at EasyDecalPrint.cs or DynamicDecalPrint.cs, for example.

2) bunny hop animation, it's a specific case, I couldn't find it anywhere, thus made it by hand, in Blender, using Apollo moon videos as a reference. Similarly, moon walking animation, very specific.I think, there are no generic animations in these cases.