Search Unity

[RELEASED] Modular Build Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Syntaxflow, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

Modular Build Engine provides a seamless in-game fortress building system for Unity 3D.

Designed to be easily integrated, completely customizable and powerful in execution, this asset is perfect for survival or real time strategy type games. In minutes you can use the basic default settings and prefabs, drop in new prefabs and change the settings, or completely modify the fully documented and commented code as needed.

This asset contains everything required to function, including FBX models, prefabs, icons, a build menu, and more. This asset is designed to be flexible and expandable to meet your needs, and is even now being streamlined and updated to make it better!

Almost every line of code is commented, and a detailed PDF manual is included to help understand exactly how the asset works.

Currently the asset is only written in JS, though the next update will include a full C# version as well. 100% satisfaction is the goal with this asset, meaning that FEEDBACK and REQUESTS are the greatest driving factor in how this will evolve!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/45147

5.PNG 6.PNG 8.PNG 9.PNG 2.PNG

Gozdek likes this.
  2. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

3. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

About to submit an update that includes a full C# version, better modular scripting, third person support, and options to help integrate custom menu's and/or hot bars.

4. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

May just check it out now with C# integration.

5. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

The upcoming update will also feature compatibility with the hugely popular Ultimate FPS! Plus complete C# and JS versions, third person character support, optimized scripts and editor, and complete documentation including methods to assist in modification.

6. rdbarton

rdbarton

Hello,

Will there be doors in the next update?

Thanks.

7. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

Not in the update that was submitted last week, but there will be doors and a ramp in the update that will hopefully be released end of January! I also hope to include integration with Inventory Pro.

8. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

The January update is live on the Asset store! Stay tuned for another update with additional improved building models, support for more popular assets, general engine improvements, and more!

9. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I'd like to see InControl integration, for use on consoles with a gamepad.

InControl being my preference, as that's the one my game is using..

10. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

Awesome, thank you for the suggestion!! I will add that to the road map.

kurotatsu likes this.
  11. julianr

julianr

Hi, has Inventory Pro support been added yet?

Theekshana-A likes this.
  12. o1o101

o1o101

Very good! Surprised this doesn't have more exposer, how does this work on a large mesh terrain? Also I think an option where you don't need to use the scroll wheel to rotate for walls would be handy! Thanks :)
    Thanks!

13. nubdev

nubdev

I am having trouble integrating this with UFPS in a testing environment
    I had it work once using the JS version of the controller prefab set up correctly, but all times previous and since using either the JS or C# version results in null exception errors..

Dont know what I am doing wrong here, I have set up layers appropriately, linked the player controller and camera along with the terrain mesh yet at first usage of the default menu via TAB I get errors

Will edit in the actual error log, Unity doesn't want to open at the moment

Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you

14. nubdev

nubdev

Is this asset still supported?

15. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

I am working on integrating a built in inventory, and adding support for inventory pro.

julianr likes this.
  16. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

So far I have had no problems on large terrains, though we will see how that works as I integrate hitpoints and decay to placed objects. Thanks for your feedback!

17. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

Send me an email at SchnetzApps+mbe@gmail.com and I would be happy to help!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  18. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

It is indeed! I am working on a major overhaul with a ton of improvements and new features.

19. Syntaxflow

Syntaxflow

I have been away for awhile, but I am back and working on improving this asset. The following are requests from developers, and I will be adding them to the engine in no particular order:

- Snapping of objects to similar objects when they collide (like in fallout)
    - Tooltips in the editor explaining each option
    - Better error checking to prevent developers from configuring the engine incorrectly
    - Hitpoint system on placed objects to include damage, repair, and decay
    - Debug logs to help the developer understand whats going on in the back end of the engine
    - Allow placed objects to spawn multiple child objects instead of just one
    - Resource crafting system that augments the building system
    - Comprehensive survival type build menu with character options, inventory, crafting, vitality, etc.
    - Crafting and inventory database creation
    - Gatherable resource nodes, such as trees, water, stone, etc.
    - Upgrade system for placed objects, developers will be able to specify number of upgrades (level 1, 2, 3 etc.) as well as the new parameters for the upgraded object (hitpoints, prefab, etc.)

Several of these have already been completed, and several more are in progress. The next update of MBE will occur around August 2016, and the price will be going up from $20 to $30, so get a copy now to take advantage of these new features!

Any questions, comments, or suggestions, contact me at SchnetzApps+mbe@gmail.com

20. digiross

digiross

I am in need of an asset like this for my next project. It looks interesting and the new changes sound great. Hopefully when you release the new update (soon I hope) there will be several detailed tutorials/docs to accompany it. I've been checking out EBS but developer seems MIA and also checking out uConstruct but the tutorials really suck. Keeping an eye on this.

21. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Yes,sorry for the long delay.
    My name is Dustin and I am with Buckeye Studios.We will be taking over the development of this asset. I will be submitting a small update today with more planed in the near future. This small update will be version 1.1.1 and will have the following:
    1. Standard Unity Asset First Person Controller updated
    2. The JS files all put into a .UnityAsset file. So if you need the JS version just double click on this file and it will be imported.
    3. A couple files were giving error when compiling to WebGL this was because of the 'using UnityEditor' this has been fixed
    4. When using UFPS you had to uncomment code, there is a new window that pops up when starting unity that asks you if you will be using it. No need to uncomment code now.
    What will happen if I already purchased this?
    If you already purchased this asset on the unity store nothing will happen. You will still own it and there will be NO update fee. If a problem does occur please let us know. I will have a ticket system (link is below) and we will get it fixed.

Will there be more often updates?
    Yes,we will have updates more often. We will be having two more updates soon. Once we get to version 1.3, I will put out a updated plan. This will let everyone know whats happened, whats coming out, and when are the updates taking place.

What does this mean and what can I expect?
    What does this mean - The development will continue on with this asset. I will be working with @SchnetzApps over the next couple of months, this will allow for a smooth transition.
    What can I expect - I plan on doing a small update(1.2), for anyone who has this in there project already or just wants to start tinkering with it. Version 1.2 should be out within a couple of weeks. It should not break any projects, but remember to always backup your current one. Version 1.2 will focus on adding better support for UFPS and a couple other thing you guys have asked for. Then within a couple of months we will be adding another update(1.3). Version 1.3 is a big update that @SchnetzApps has started on, and will most likely require a fresh import of MBE. Once 1.3 is out I plan on making some YouTube tutorial, so stay tuned for more info.

Website - www.BuckeyeStudios.com
    Help Ticket System - www.BuckeyeStudios.com/Support/index.php

Documentation - http://buckeyestudios.com/uploads/unity_assets/docs/MBE_Documentation.pdf
    Demo - http://buckeyestudios.com/uploads/unity_assets/demos/MBE/MBE.html

siblingrivalry and kurotatsu like this.
  22. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi,

This is great news to keep dev on projects alive.
    Since this project started there have been a few new kits and improvements to existing ones like easyBuild, uConstruct and uBuild.
    Hope you dont mind the question, but what will this kit offer that will make it stand out?

I saw your site, but I would suggest to quickly update the CMS so that you dont have the placeholder content from the Theme there.
    Otherwise people might start trying to contact Carly Wagnner and Jannis Doe :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  23. Pho3niX90

Pho3niX90

This really is good news, the support for UFPS is really lacking, and also the snapping of objects to one another. Also foundations need a more dynamic way of scaling pillars for slope building.

24. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Thanks I fixed my site and to answer your question without compairing I can tell you what im going for.... to name a couple:
    Ease of use
    A couple editor wizards for setting stuff up
    Maintained code
    Good fast support

25. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

The snapping feature is all ready in the works and I will look into the other.

26. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi,

After viewing the Demo I had some issues:

The, 'rotate' it doesnt actually rotate the objects properly.
    On the deck foundation and some other objects, it just changes the direction of the wood texture.
    on the ceiling pieces is just moves the placeholder and doesnt rotate.
    The walls rotate 90 degrees and cannot rotate more precisely.
    The snapping for walls doesnt align cleanly with the edge of the deck foundation

27. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Working on using the new UI system here is what the build menu will look like.

kurotatsu likes this.
  28. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Thanks for the feedback I will look into the the foundation rotation problem over the new day or two. Over the next couple update the systems will be getting overhauled and a new rotation/ snapping system should be done for version 1.3.

29. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Sunday February 5th I will be submitting version 1.2. Whats New:
    1) A pause menu was added the default key is 'P'.
    2) The new UI will be added (you can still use the old UI until version 1.3 just set it in the inspector)
    3) A utility script was added for certain functions one of them is checking to see if the game is paused. (bs_MyHelper.IsPaused will return a bool)

More info will be released about this early next week. Also once we start on version 1.3 we will be using namespaces and all scripts will be rename (ie. MenuC.cs will become bs_Menu.cs)

Beta_Version_Demo

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  30. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios