Search Unity

[Released] Mobile Social Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Feb 21, 2014.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

That was just my advice for you. Of course, I am not 100% sure, that it will fix this issues.
    BUT, as earlier, I am 100% sure, that this issue is not related to Mobile Social plugin itself.
    You can check the native libraries provided with Mobile Social on your own - there will not be any kind of push notifications functionality included.
    Most likely you have some issues with your XCode project build configuration or with your developer certificate (or provisioning profile).

siddharth3322 likes this.
  2. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

@AlexRay This answer I want from your side :)
    Really thanks for your awesome replies as always :)

3. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Cant find this in the documents.

Is there a way after user is Auth from twitter side to get there AccessToken and Access Secret for IOS. I see its there for android but nothing for ios. Has this been added??

4. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you clarify this case? I am not sure that I understand you correctly.
    Please, describe the scenario you want to implement in your application as much detailed as you can.
    If you will provide me additional information, I'll be able to provide you detailed answer for this question.

5. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

So in your plugin I am using along with GameSparks. I have this line of code from Gamesparks and using your plugin.

So in order to get AccessSecret and Token I can do AndroidTwitterManager....

Well I dont see anything for IOS to get these secret and token??

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

I am not quite sure that such kind of information is available on iOS platform.
    I would recommend you to contact our support team for further considering.
    Just ask the same question as you asked on this forum.

If there will be any kind of possibilities to get Acces Token and Access Token Secret, this feature will be added to feature requests list and will be implemented to following updated.
    So, please, go ahead. Feel free to ask any information you need.

7. Simon75012

Simon75012

Hi,
    Everything was going fine and since today i got the folowing error when i tried to login to facebook with your plugin :
    This happen when i click on any button on the facebook popup.

I tried to upadted the ultimate mobile plugin to the 9.1, unistall/reinstall facebook sdk, but i got the same error.

8. jGate99

jGate99

@AlexRay
    Please provide support for Google+ Login too.

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    What Facebook version do you use with the Mobile Social plugin?
    And if I correctly understand you use Ultimate Mobile plugin in your project as well, right?
    So, please, provide the version numbers of all the Stan's Assets plugins and Facebook SDK version as well.
    Hope, I'll be able to provide you more detailed instructions according to this case.

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

I'll consider about it with my team.
    Thank you!

Chaz32621 and jGate99 like this.
  11. Simon75012

Simon75012

Thanks for your reply,
    Yes i'm using your Ultimate mobile as well, i actually tried to remove all of my plugin and just reimport mobile social plugin + facebook SDK and i still have the same error.
    So i got the same error with or without Ultimate mobile

I'm using the last version of each :
    Facebook SDK 7.9.0
    Mobile social plugin 9.1
    Ultimate 9.1.1

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Thank you for this information. I am not sure, that this issue is related to our plugin.
    Most likely, it's Facebook SDK-related question. Or it's your local Android SDK issue.

Anyway, I think, we need to perform additional tests with Facebook SDK 7.9.0 on our side.
    So, please, contact our support engineer about the status of this case.
    Full compatibility with the latest Facebook SDK will be granted to the following update.

13. Simon75012

Simon75012

Hi, i sent an email to your team at stans.assets@gmail.com 5 days ago and don't have any news so far.
    Did you received my email or i have to send it again. I'm still stuck with the same error. I've tried to start from scratch with no success.

Thanks

14. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Most likely, our engineer will reply to you today.
    So, please, stay in touch. You will get the feedback as soon as it will be available.

15. jGate99

jGate99

@AlexRay
    Any update on my request supporting WebGL for Facebook (so we dont have to use 2 Codes in same project) as well as Google+ Login support?

Chaz32621 likes this.
  16. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    To be honest, comparing to Android & iOS platforms, WebGL platform has low priority. Google+ as well.
    Anyway, I added the feature you described to feature requests.
    As more developers will request this feature, as higher priority it will have.
    But, if you need this functionality in the near time, you better search for other solution in Asset Store.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

17. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Not sure what your plugin did with latest updates but all my android manifest have been completely screwed up.
    Me and my team have spent countless hours trying to fix this. The only thing we could do was remove it and go to the old ways.

Still very upset with not having the twitter functionality for IOS. A not so complete asset. I would advise against using this.

And no google+ support? You know the bases of an android game is with google+/google play games??

If yall need twitter logins check out Twitters Fabric. Very easy to implement and reaches out to both a single line of code for IOS/Android. It is also free!

So sad but this plugin is depreciating very fast.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  18. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, check our documentation for Mobile Social plugin iOS features.
    We have native sharing features for iOS platform and OAuth APIs as well.
    Maybe that's the exactly features you are looking for.

I'll consider about Google+ support with my team. Maybe it will be added with future updates.
    But I want to tell you, that Google+ social features and Google Play Services are different modules and are not coupled.
    Google+ is a social network, but Google Play Services implement gaming features such as achievements/leaderboards/real-time & turn-based multiplayer. That's totally different thing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

19. mcmorry

mcmorry

@AlexRay
    Hello Alex,

I'm going to implement a friend invitation system using this plugin, but I found a new interesting method offered by Facebook SDK of inviting friends, and I'm wondering if there is a plan to integrate it, as I can't find it in the documentation: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/app-invites

Specifically for games it states:

Usage in Games
    You may be aware of another invites product specifically tailored to the mechanics of games, Game Requests. Game Requests have proven to be successful for game developers who have a presence on the web and mobile. If you are a mobile-only game developer we encourage you try out App Invites and determine the best solution for each of your games.

Chaz32621 likes this.
  20. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Yes, sure. We have this feature in our tasks list. Need some time to be implemented.
    Unfortunatelly, I can not say exactly how much time it will take.
    Please, keep in touch and keep looking forward to following updates.
    All the new features will be announced in the version notes of the plugin.

21. infosekr

infosekr

Hi there,

I purchased the Mobile Social Plugin and already have Facebook SDK 7.4.0 included in my project. When I install the Mobile Social Plugin I receive errors such as:
    "Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Modules/AndroidNative/Scripts/Social/Facebook/Manage/SP_FB_API_v7.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Facebook' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

I don't see any instructions in the Facebook setup section of your help page that details additional setup to get this working.

Please advise.

22. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    It looks like our plugins scripts and the Facebook SDK are located in the different build assemblies.
    I mean the Mobile Social plugin is located in the Plugins folder, but the Facebook SDK doesn't.
    Please, move the FacebookSDK folder into the plugins folder into the Assets/Plugins folder.
    Unity will recompile your project and all the missing an assembly references errors should be fixed.

23. infosekr

infosekr

Hi there, this isn't an option for me because I need to use the Facebook SDK in my gameplay scripts as well. This should be stated in your docs that you require moving Facebook into the plugins namespace. Is it possible to refund my purchase? I will just implement what I need myself.

24. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    There will be NO problems with the replacement of Facebook SDK to the Assets/Plugins folder.
    It will not affect your implementation at all. The Plugins assembly is built in front of the main assembly.
    So, your scripts will have access to Facebook SDK scripts.
    Please, go ahead, replace the Facebook SDK into the Plugins and you get your errors fixed.

25. JanduSoft

JanduSoft

Hi!, I'm trying to share on twitter & facebook on android and I'm getting an error.

On iOS works fine, but on android I'm getting an error.

The code I'm using is this.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void shareTwitter(){
    2.         #if UNITY_IOS
    3.             SPShareUtility.TwitterShare("Playing FlashBall by @JanduSoft! " + "https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashball-in-sugar-land/id1177011624");
    4.         #elif UNITY_ANDROID
    5.             SPShareUtility.TwitterShare("Playing FlashBall by @JanduSoft! " + "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jandusoft.flashball");
    6.         #endif
    7.     }
    9.     public void shareFacebook(){
    10.         #if UNITY_IOS
    11.         SPShareUtility.FacebookShare("Playing FlashBall by @JanduSoft! " + "https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashball-in-sugar-land/id1177011624");
    12.         #elif UNITY_ANDROID
    13.         SPShareUtility.FacebookShare("Playing FlashBall by @JanduSoft! " + "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jandusoft.flashball");
    14.         #endif
    15.     }
    Using Unity 5.6.0f3 and exporting with Build system "Gradle" and Mobile Social Plugin 9.5/18, we are getting this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. I/Unity   (31572): AN: Using proxy for class: com.androidnative.features.social.common.SocialGate method:StartShareIntent
    2. I/Unity   (31572):
    3. I/Unity   (31572): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    4. I/Unity   (31572):
    5. W/Unity   (31572): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.androidnative.features.social.common.SocialGate
    6. W/Unity   (31572):
    7. W/Unity   (31572): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    8. W/Unity   (31572):
    I umpacket the file android_native.jar and I could not found the class com.androidnative.features.social.common.SocialGate on the zip.

Any idea to solve this problem?

26. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    SocialCate class is included in an_social library. Please, check your project and make sure, that this library is included.
    If you will have any kind of problems with the native libraries, please, try to reinstall the plugin (Reinstall button in the Mobile Social Settings Inspector window). All the native libs will be reimported and should be in consistence state.

27. JanduSoft

JanduSoft

Thanks!

for some reason I have removed this libraries by mistake.

28. wmadwand

wmadwand

Hi there! We've got a Mobile Social Plugin embedded into our Unity game project. But we cannot really find such kind of feature like this one:

"3. for user to follow our account in twitter, I may have to do something like..
    params.put("screen_name",screenName);
    params.put("follow", "true");
    getClient().post(apiUrl,params,handler);
    Is this possible to implement this without using twitter native api?
    Unforchinatly I do not have such feature currently. But I will treat as feature request for the future development."

It was mentioned in the post of 2015: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-mobile-social-plugin.229961/page-4#post-2068033

Have you managed to implemented the appropriate method since 2 years passed? Is there any way to provide our players the opportunity to become the followers of our Twitter account?

Thanks in advance!

29. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I am not 100% sure about this information. You better contact our support team via support@stansassets.com

Please, contact our support team with this questions according to new features.
    You will get great assistance and all the answers in a short time! So, please, go ahead.

30. alex181189

alex181189

Good afternoon.

I am looking for a plugin for unity3d that I can share on facebook and twitter, The question is, your plugin "Mobile Social Plugin", when sharing it shows a callback if I shared or not? Can I send a screenshot when i sharing?

Does exist a demo or any way to prove this?

Thank you,

Alex.

31. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Of course Mobile Social has the functionality with the Facebook & Twitter sharing with callbacks.
    Please, check our Mobile Social documentation here.
    If you need any kind of additional information (or even sample scenes), please, feel free to contact our support team.

32. wmadwand

wmadwand

Sure, i've already done it and all that i've got is:
    "Unforchinately, We decide don't implement this feature, because it is not popular among our users.
    I recommend try to find another solution in the assetstore."

As i'd replied further it's a pity, actually. To be honest, we've been expecting dramatically other decision from you :) But thanks anyway for your plugin!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  33. Divertap

Divertap

Hello,

I'm using the Facebook example of Mobile Social Plugin in iOS. I can post a message (after authentication) with no problem, but the callback function return an error. The FB_PostResult says that "the given key was not present in the dictionary".
    When I print in console the Raw Data I get this {"postId":"1282155225237821_13958129189627888","callback_id":"5"}.
    In Android it works correctly.

Where could be the error?

Thank you!

34. Divertap

Divertap

In Android, in Raw Data I get another parameter:
    {"id":"1282155225237821_13958129189627888","callback_id":"5","posted":true}

Why I can't get it in iOS?

35. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    As you can see, this issue is related to Facebook SDK implementation itself.

Raw Data in the first case has postId field, but in the second case - id parameter, depending on the platform, I think.
    Of course, this can be fixed from our side. So, please, contact our support team with this report.
    This issue will be fixed and the fix will be available with the following update (the very next update will take place during this week, in the next couple of days).

36. Divertap

Divertap

Thank you Alex!
    I will write to the support team.

37. Divertap

Divertap

Hello,

I'm having a compatibility problem with other plugin.
    I already have installed firebase in my project.
    The file "an_social.aar" (generated after installing Mobile Social Plugin) that is in Assets/Plugins/Android/libs is in conflict with the file "firebase-app-unity-3.0.1.aar".
    If I try to compile both files I have the error "unable to convert classes to dex format".
    If I delete an_social.aar, twitter stops working. But when I delete firebase-app-unity-3.0.1.aar, the push notifications stops working.

¿How can I do to compile both files?

Thank you.

38. AlexRay

AlexRay

You have to provide more detailed information according to this case.
    I mean, the unable to convert classes to dex format message is pretty generic.

It's quite hard to fix such kind of cases in a forum circumstances.
    So, I would recommend you to contact our support engineer according to this case.
    Please, provide as much detailed information as you can and you will get great support in a short time.

39. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

I have downloaded latest version of Facebook and Mobile Social Plugin for Android platform.

But at present when I try to do login nothing happened.
    So I have attached demo project source code, please check it and reply back to me, actually what is the problem.

Google Drive Link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CFlS0aZDPidzJpNm00VHNORG8

40. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I would recommend you to contact our support team. Unity forum is not the right place for sending your project for a test.
    Please, go ahead and you get the great support in a short time.
    Thank you!

41. Divertap

Divertap

Is it possible to get the country of a user afer log in facebook?

42. AlexRay

AlexRay

Please, check this document. I think it's the answer to your question.

43. MushiirahE

MushiirahE

Hi. With iOS 11, Apple is removing iOS native integration for facebook and twitter. Will that impact the mobile social plugin?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  44. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello!
    Of course, we will work around this problem with the new iOS version release.
    I believe, there will be two cases. First, the OAuth Facebook and Twitter approaches will become the major approaches in such a cases. Second, the brand new approach may be suggested by Apple. In such a case, we will implement the new approach for Facebook & Twitter social sharing.
    So, please, keep in touch. All the new features/updates will be announced just in time.

45. MushiirahE

MushiirahE

Hello Alex,
    Will the new update require the latest facebook sdk? (because latest sdk require unity 5.6 and my apps are using unity 5.4.3f1). I have done some tests using iOS 11 beta and the only issue is with the twitter login. For facebook, users can login using the web. Can we have an expected date for the update?

46. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello!
    The latest Facebook version is under a test. We need some time to work on it.
    Full compatibility update will be available with the following official update of all Stan's Assets plugins.

If you will have any kind of issues, please, feel free to contact our support team and provide all the detailed information.
    Our support engineers will work on it and the fix will be provided.
    Thank you for your report!

47. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

I was getting this error when I try to implement Facebook sharing within my iOS game:

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 6.49.36 PM.png

Within Unity editor its working correctly but at iPhone log I was getting this kind of message and nothing happen in sharing.

I have attached my code here so please check it.

Mobile Social: 9.6/19
    Facebook SDK: 7.10.0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  48. AlexRay

AlexRay

I would recommend you to contact our support engineer with this case.
    The latest Facebook version is under testing, so, you will get helpful information according to this issue.
    I am not quite sure, whether this issue related to Facebook SDK changes or to our implementation.
    So, please, go ahead, consider it with our support team and you will be ready to go with the latest Facebook SDK version in your project.

49. MushiirahE

MushiirahE

Hello Alex,

Can i have an expected date for the update release?

Thanks,
    Mushiirah

50. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Most likely the release will take place during next week.
    So, please, stay in touch and keep looking forward to the following update.
    Thank you!

MushiirahE likes this.