Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Mobile Ads SDK

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lacost, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Raatopojat

Raatopojat

Hello.
    I have imported your package and it is giving me this error:
    Component MonoBehaviour could not be loaded when loading game object. Cleaning up!
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    ,and pointing it on the gameobject where i added
    Hello!
    Did you solve this problem. I cant get my ads also work. even theres no errors.
    i tried them with the example scene witch came with package and in my own scenes also.
    i have put admob id's also in the settings android section.

i have used this in my previous game with no worries when the id had to put in the script.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. lacost

lacost

Can you please provide me with the log cat? It's really hard to tell something without information.
    Cheers!

3. Raatopojat

Raatopojat

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  4. Goodev

Goodev

5. lacost

lacost

It's easier then you think.
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/getting-the-log-catlog-108

Good feature request, Added to the TODO list.

Cheers!

Goodev likes this.
  6. digO

digO

I dont know how to get my device ID(Test Devices) it says "You can get it from console log".
    But i dont know yet how to get that. :/
    im trying to get in my iPad

7. lacost

lacost

8. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

Google Mobile Ads v 4.1 just released.

New Features:
    • IO SDK update to 6.12.2
    • Documentation urls added to the plugin menu
    Refactor:
    • Spelling fixes
    • GoogleGenger -> GoogleGender
      Note: please remove old GoogleGenger manually

9. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

10. Goodev

Goodev

WindowsPhone8 has some bugs.

1. Ads sometime have white letterbox.

2. GoogleMobileAdBanner, property (width,height) is get smaller than realsize.

wp_ss_20141209_0001.jpg wp_ss_20141209_0002.jpg wp_ss_20141209_0003.jpg wp_ss_20141209_0004.jpg

11. lacost

lacost

the plugin includes this automaticaly, but sure I will add this in documentation as well.

Well looks like it's google issue.

thx for the report, will work on it.

Cheeers!

12. shaunvig114

shaunvig114

Hi lacost,

I am using your Google Mobile Ads plugin for my unity project. Everything is working great for iOS. However, this week when testing on my Android device I am unable to see any interstitial ads. Additionally, I'm seeing some wierd messages in the logs:

1. I'm seeing the "Google Resources not found" message, which according to what I've read online, should be okay

2. I'm seeing some VFY: unable to resolve static field warnings right before the above message

3. After the ad request is sent, I see several messages that begin with:
    "JS: The page at about:blank displayed insecure content from gmsg://mobileads.google.com/loadAdURL?.."

I see a bunch of these JS messages and then finally, it all ends with a timeout, (error code 2).

I have double checked that the correct ad unit IDs are set via the Window->GoogleMobileAds->Edit Settings window. I have also confirmed that though my Ads are not being served, the requests ARE registering via the AdMob console.

I have found some stuff online that indicated that this might be related to a 'google_play_services_lib' project ? I figured though that this sort of thing would be handled through the plugin.

Additionally, I will note that I have 2 AndroidManifest.xml files-- 1 being in the Android folder of your plugin and the other being in my /Plugins/Android folder. I updated the AndroidManifest file in my /Plugins/Android folder to match yours but this did not fix it.

Lastly, I'll note that the device I'm using does not have a data plan, only WIFI (though I'm not sure if this is relevant).

Apologies in advance if the log messages I provided are not detailed enough-- I'm currently at work but can include the exact messages when I get home tnight. Any insight into how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

13. lacost

lacost

Yep, added note to the documentation about it:
    https://unionassets.com/android-native-plugin/google-resources-not-found-271

It's okay :) It will not do any conflict, and I do not recommend to remove anything :)

You have nothing to worry about plugin takes care of it.

BAdicaly to find out why ad is not working I need to see the full log cat log. You can send it to me directly or to the support team at: stans.assets@gmail.com

Cheers!

14. ironblock

ironblock

i have flowed the path and the manifest is at its location. "/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml"
    but when i press open manifest it opens nothing.
    i get a parsing error when i want to install my app.
    and sometimes after building it gives me an error on line 79.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AN_ManifestManager.ReadManifest (System.String manifestPath) (at Assets/Extensions/AndroidManifestManager/AN_ManifestManager.cs:79)
    AN_ManifestManager.Refresh () (at Assets/Extensions/AndroidManifestManager/AN_ManifestManager.cs:171)
    GoogleMobileAdSettingsEditor.UpdateManifest () (at Assets/Extensions/GoogleMobileAd/Scripts/Editor/GoogleMobileAdSettingsEditor.cs:442)
    GoogleMobileAdSettingsEditor.Awake () (at Assets/Extensions/GoogleMobileAd/Scripts/Editor/GoogleMobileAdSettingsEditor.cs:34)

15. lacost

lacost

Looks like you have harmed activity in your AndroidManifest.xml. And yes thanks for the report the crash is fixed, now plugin will produce warning instead of crash.
    Point is that your AndroidManifest.xml. has activity tag without android:name attribute. All activity should be with the android:name attribute. Please remove this activity from your AndroidManifest and you good.

16. Radditz2k

Radditz2k

Hi lacost,

just wanted to ask, if mediation is "enabled" in your plugin. I saw a post from may 7th the last year and you replied that you will release it with the next update. I couldn't find anything in the version history of the google mobile ads skd.
    Uhm, did I miss anything? Or is it just a admob feature and you didn't have to add anything in the plugin? :)

Cheers!

17. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

Does it support Admob mediation?

Best regards.

18. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

Hi lacost,

I'm using your google mobile ads sdk and all was fine until i get update unity to 4.6.2. From now my app just crasing/closing after banner is showed (without text or image just white background) and interstitial ad is not showing at all. The problem is on my WP8.1 device. Don't know about iOS or Android.

unity 4.6.2
    windows phone 8.1

19. lacost

lacost

Hello, thanks for ther report we will try to fix it ASAP. can you please also sned teh full error log to the stans.assets@gmail.com? Thanks.

About Ad mediation. I can not include other SDK to the plugin, since I will not able to monitor all updates :) But we working in implementing Custom Event Banner:
    https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/android/custom-events

But you will have to install other ad skd by your self:
    https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/android/mediation-networks

Cheers!

20. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

Of course. but i don't know how to get error log from windows phone.

When I push "build and run" from unity, ads shows fine. When i building it for VS 2012 and then deploy master_arm build to the phone the game crashing.

P.S.
    Looks like all works good from version 5.0

21. lacost

lacost

Sorry, so for updating Plugin to 5.0 all good?

22. MNDev

MNDev

Help, what wrong? Intertistial Banner on Simulator...

23. lacost

lacost

Not sure, if it will work on simulator. Please try to use real device for testing. Unity + Native plugin + Google API it's not the best recipe to user on simulator. Let me know if you hve any issues with the real device.
    Cheers!

24. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

Yes, it is. Everythings works as before. Thanks a lot for your plugin :)

25. lacost

lacost

Glad to hear that. good luck with your development!

26. ababab5

ababab5

Hi ,

The Admob sdks is 7.0.

Do you plan to send an update ?

cf Xcode log :

] <Google:HTML> You are currently using version 6.12.2 of the SDK, which doesn't officially support iOS 8. Please consider updating your SDK to the most recent sdk version, 7.0.0, to get iOS 8 support, including a fix for smart banner rendering in landscape mode. The latest SDK can be downloaded from http://goo.gl/iGzfsP. A full list of release notes is available at https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/ios/rel-notes.

Thanks !

(if we can do that ourself, please let me know).

27. lacost

lacost

sure will do for the next release.

ababab5 likes this.
  28. cocleu

cocleu

I got a problem after import Googleplayservice plugin from:
    https://github.com/playgameservices.../playgameservices/play-games-plugin-for-unity
    When buil apk file it said "android-support-v4" is already exits, i delete one,
    After that i face a new error "Can not convert java class to dex format" when build apk file.
    The console show this: "
    Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to convert classes into dex format. See the Console for details.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe -Xmx1024M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/BuildTargetTools/AndroidPlayer\sdktools.jar" -"
    What happen, can you guys help me?

29. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I try to use the ads (both Banner and Interstisials) in WP8 but I always get errors. It doesnt work. I have set it up like you suggest in the website and I have also sent you an email about it 3 days ago with no answer. Please reply soon or I will have to review negativly.

When I try to load Interstisials it fails with these errors after the failure:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/WP8SupportGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 62)

TrySetInt can only be called from the main thread.
    Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
    Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/WP8SupportGenerated/PlayerPrefsBindings.cpp Line: 21)

Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
    Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Scripting/Scripting_WinRT.cpp Line: 126)

But the app does not crash.
    If I try to load the banner it fails with these errors:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/WP8SupportGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 62)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/WP8SupportGenerated/PlayerPrefsBindings.cpp Line: 21)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Scripting/Scripting_WinRT.cpp Line: 126)

RandomRangeInt can only be called from the main thread.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/WP8SupportGenerated/UnityEngineRandom.cpp Line: 46)

RandomRangeInt can only be called from the main thread.

And then crashes.

30. lacost

lacost

Point is that both plugins have android-support-v4.jar included, all you need to do is to remove on, and you good.

Hello, sorry for slow reply, weekends.... My WP8 developer will get in touch with you first thing on Monday!
    Cheers!

31. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

Still no word...

32. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

today I tried the latest version: Unity 5.
    I cannot even build WP8, I have this error:

Plugin 'GoogleAdsWP8.dll' is used from several locations: Assets/Plugins/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll Assets/Plugins/WP8/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

33. Spiral12

Spiral12

I updated to version 6.2 and now I can't build in Xcode.

This is the error:
    #import <GoogleMobileAds/GoogleMobileAds.h> file not found.

34. cipu

cipu

Yeah me too. How can i fix it now.

35. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I compiled for Windows Store Apps ok but when I try to build the app from Visual Studio I get this error:

Error 1 Could not copy the file "C:\PROJECTS\Unity\Raining Coins\#RUN\Windows Store\Raining Coins\Plugins\WSA\GoogleMobileAdController.dll" because it was not found. C:\PROJECTS\Unity\Raining Coins\#RUN\Windows Store\Raining Coins\Raining Coins.csproj 248 5 Raining Coins

36. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

@Spiral12 @cipu

I also have the same problem. I e-mailed Stan but no answer yet and I see that this thread is unanswered for 2 weeks.

If anybody have a older version than 6.2, can you send me it so I can at least use an older version in my project for now.

37. Spiral12

Spiral12

Hi Stan sent me this email

So you need to download google mobile framework and add this to your project.

But it's strange that Stan don't answer this thread.

hakankaraduman likes this.
  38. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Thanks for forwarding it here, will try now!

39. _Saj_

_Saj_

Unity 5 and Windows Phone 8.

To test: Please create a new project. Then import your Ultimate Mobile assets. Now try building. You will get something along the line-

Plugin 'GoogleAdsWP8.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll
    Plugin 'WP8Native.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/WP8Native.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/WP8Native.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8Native.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/WP8Native.dll
    Plugin 'WP8PopUps.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/WP8PopUps.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/WP8PopUps.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8PopUps.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/WP8PopUps.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

40. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

Same problem here. Can build for android only (with "OBSOLETE" warning).

41. purbanics

purbanics

Just bought this plugin and started testing it. I could build to Android device and test the banner ad and interstitial ad in the provided example scene for Playmaker without any problem.

So everything is great so far, I only have one question.
    On this page of the documentation it says:
    "Make sure you have the latest copy of the Android SDK and that you're compiling against at least Androidv3.2 (set target in project.properties to android-13).
    "
    So I changed Project Settings/Player Minimum API Level to "Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API Level 13)"
    The ads worked with this setting but I also tried with setting the Project Settings/Player Minimum API Level to "Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread (API Level 9)" and compiled again from Unity to device and the ads still worked.

Please explain this.

Br,
    Peter

42. _Saj_

_Saj_

After updating to 3.3, I had to remove the GoogleAdsWP8, WP8PopUps, and WP8Native dll files from /Plugins/WP8 folder to avoid file collision issue since they also exist inside /Plugins. But a new one shows up-

Assets/Extensions/StansAssetsCommon/OneSignal/OneSignalWP.cs(37,9): error CS0103: The name `OneSignalSDK' does not exist in the current context

If I uncoment everything related to OneSignalSDK in that source file, I get building sort of working as I get-

StoreProductView.dll does not exist

System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:107)
    VsSolutionUtility.CopyFile (System.String sourceFile, System.String destinationFolder) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/VsSolutionUtility.cs:209)
    VsSolutionUtility.CopyAssemblies (System.String sourceFolder, System.String targetFolder, .LibraryCollection libraries) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/VsSolutionUtility.cs:232)
    VsSolutionUtility.CreateSolution (System.String packageFolder, System.String sourceFolder, System.String targetFolder, System.String vsName, System.String package, System.String name, System.String company, Guid guid, System.String description, Boolean sourceBuild, .LibraryCollection libraries) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/VsSolutionUtility.cs:183)
    PostProcessWP8Player.CreateVsSolution (System.String productName, System.String companyName, Guid productGUID, Boolean sourceBuild, System.String installPath, System.String playerPackage, System.String stagingArea, .LibraryCollection libraries) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:513)
    PostProcessWP8Player.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String installPath, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Guid productGUID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessWP8Player.cs:216)
    UnityEditor.WP8.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WP8Player/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:103)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  43. Tano

Tano

Same issue here when i try to build on Windows Phone!

Plugin 'GoogleAdsWP8.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Plugins/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll
    Assets/Plugins/WP8/GoogleAdsWP8.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/GoogleAdsWP8.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)

44. lix2k3

lix2k3

Is this asset dead? He doesn't replay to emails it seems.

Im on Unity 4.6.

I have purchased the Google Mobile Ads asset. In my player settings, I have my app set to landscape left. In visual studio, I have set mainpage.xaml to only support landscape. But, when I load an interstitial on my wp8 app with the asset, it loads in a portrait mode, and the bottom half is cut off. It looks like the interstitial is loading in the portrait mode although it's actual size is landscape, so the bottom half of the screen is white while the ad is shown in the left side of the screen only. Please advise.

45. sevensails

sevensails

I almost bought it because of Windows Phone Support. Is this asset dead?

46. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

It shows black screen after unity's splash screen on wp8.

47. Tano

Tano

Is this plugin alive? Anyone can use the banners on Windows Phone release? I still have the "
    Plugin 'GoogleAdsWP8.dll' is used from several locations:" error, i'm trying to contact the author, but i don't have any answare..

48. JohnHacker

JohnHacker

Same problem here with WP8. I've found the error ocurrs on the line
    AdManager.instance.Init(ad_unit_id);
    under WP8AdMobController.cs

Any clue?

49. lacost

lacost

Hello guys, I am sorry for slow reply in this.

First of all, please note:
    If you have ANY urgent issue, please contact support at stans.assets@gmail.com instead of posting on the forum.
    • I am not always getting forum notifications
    • I can not provide you with updated version here
    • You will get answer and fix much and much faster if you have contacted support directly
    • Getting answer on forums usually takes from 1-5 days
    • Answer from support takes less that 1 day. (in most cases we are answering imitate or in few hours, answer can take up to 48 hours if we are overloaded)

Compiling with Unity 5 is solved! All customers who reported this to the support already got plugin up and runing.

About Issues with GoogleAdsWP8.dll, all you need to do is follow the instructions bellow, I am assuming that you are suing Unity 5
    https://unionassets.com/google-mobile-ads-sdk/setup-for-ios-121

if you have sent the request to the support team and your issues steel not solved, please contact me directly, you can find the contact on the assets store publisher page

There is one more issues I see in comments, that WP8 banners ad is not showing at all, it may be due to few reasons:
    • No Fill for you region
    • Wrong implementation
    • Device issues
    Please send us the device log, Device model, Unity version, Plugin version.

Hey @_Saj_ is you steel having this issue? Can you please send me PM or e-mial?
    @Tano, issues is solved, just have a look on article I sent above.
    @purbanic, this is Google requirements, if it working with even lower target version, this is good, but not recomenede by Google, I mean this is just recommendation.
    @lix2k3 I can not find your request on the support account. Can you please tell me your e-mail address? I got your issues and we will defiantly test it. But please contact the support just to make sure we have case for it and will able to provide you with the quick fix.
    @Wagenheimer , no, not at all, I am just not always have forume notifications. Can you describe your issues? Or send request to the support. Thx.
    @vARDami, pretty much the same here, I need a bit more info, first of all please show us how you are suing the plugin. And please contact support, since it look like you need some urgent help from us.

One more thing guys.
    1. During the development we obviously can do the mistakes, which leads to some bugs
    2. The API from google os also updating constantly and thing that was working can just stop working even if nothing was changed
    That's why
    1. I am really appreciate your reports
    2. We are working constantly on a pluing
    3. If you not happy with the purchase, or we can not solve your problem as fast as you need it, you can always ask for refund.

Cheers!

XCO likes this.
  50. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015