Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Mobile Ads SDK

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

there is only one field for banner. so if make 2 banners i can not set different Ids. And yes, it's not work.

2. ibro-bih

ibro-bih

Also I do not see advertisements, and when I make a new object and put the script I get error that my entire application does not work. ERROR " Game scripts or other custom code contains OnMouse_ event handlers. Presence of such handlers might impact performance on handheld devices. "

3. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

And I think it's mistake in GoogleMobileAd.cs in Init :
    case RuntimePlatform.Android:
    controller = AndroidAdMobController.instance;
    controller.Init(GoogleMobileAdSettings.Instance.Android_BannersUnitId);
    if(!GoogleMobileAdSettings.Instance.IOS_InterstisialsUnitId.Equals(string.Empty)) {
    controller.SetInterstisialsUnitID(GoogleMobileAdSettings.Instance.Android_InterstisialsUnitId);
    }
    break;

I think it must be :
    if(!GoogleMobileAdSettings.Instance.Android_InterstisialsUnitId.Equals(string.Empty)) {
    not
    if(!GoogleMobileAdSettings.Instance.IOS_InterstisialsUnitId.Equals(string.Empty)) {

4. ibro-bih

ibro-bih

Have you tested this ?
    In which document these lines of code are ?

5. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

in GoogleMobileAd\Scripts\Core\GoogleMobileAdd.cs
    in Init method. line 34.
    But this bug is for Interstisials, not for banners.

6. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep you right this is the place where you should set your banners / and interstitials ids.
    Also make sure that you followed the set up instructions.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...xL2_jpT0Ysq6RxJAM/edit#heading=h.xm6hg7ypoyge

Note: I will remove it step in next update(should be live in few day) Set up will be automatic you will need only press install/update button and plugin will automatically check of it's installed correctly.

It it's will not solve your issue, please send e-mail to stans.assets@gmail.com and attach your device log.

Cheers!

7. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

You have only one publisher id. You can create multiple banners by creating new banner instance.
    Check out the example scene or tutorial videos.
    Cheers!

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

It's all under package settings now, so you can just enter it once there.
    Windows -> Google Mobile Ad -> Edit settings

9. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

I try to use your manifest and that is what i've got

Attached Files:

• fail.png
      fail.png
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  10. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

I've done all of your manual! It's not working! And I say more- the project now not compile at all!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  11. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

When unity spits out this message it is having problems creating the android program due to conflicts in the android plugins. Since the message in your console is stating this around the billing service any chance you have another plugin for billing (unibill or anything else?). Most likely you have two or more jars that implement that and there can only be one. If unity creates the eclipse project you can also see what eclipse shows as the error message.

In general though you have android plugins in conflict and will need to resolve the conflicts.

In my case unibillandroid.jar and androidnative.jar both tried to implement the billing portion and were in conflict. You will have to ensure that they don't conflict (which in my case I wanted just the ads from androidnative.jar so I removed the billing portions of androidnative.jar) and let unibill do the billing (mainly because in my use case I also needed to support amazon and windows phone).

12. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

For billings I'm using OpenIAB plugin. So, i should to remove androidnative? and any references androidnative in the manifest?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  13. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

lacost will be able to speak to his plugin better than I can (and certainly correct me if anything I say is wrong) but no you cannot simply remove androidnative.jar or the ads will not work. I am assuming you are wanting to use the mobile ads sdk for the ads (which uses androidnative.jar) and openiab for in app purchasing.

The problem lies in that both androidnative.jar and openIAB are both implementing the billing features and are in conflict. Androidnative.jar is not just the mobile ads sdk it is really the Android native plugin (which handles leaderboards, billing, etc.).

You really have two options either use lacost's plugin for both the ads and billing and remove openIAB or to strip out the billing features from androidnative.jar (the link provided by lacost tells how to do this via the source). My problem was the same (just substitute openIAB for unibill). My use case needed amazon in app billing as well so using the android native plugin wasn't an option. So I needed to remove the billing functionality from androidnative.jar and then the conflict was resolved.

Your use case might not be the same so I won't comment on which way is better but you can't have two plugins both implementing the billing one or the other needs to be removed.

14. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

15. Aldo

Aldo

Hey I got your social mobile and it is great, now I saw this one and I got a question.

Is there any way to make the ads work on browser player?

16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Nope, currently Ad's work only on IOS, Android, WP8

Aldo likes this.
  17. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

Google Mobile Ads v 3.2 just released.

New Features:
    • Editor Improvements
    • WP8 Test mode added
    • WP8 Banners orientation fixed
    • WP8 Interstitial Fixes

18. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Hello,

Thanks for the update! A couple of things I've noticed (most for WP8). The first 3 I've corrected locally but FYI the fourth I've not yet found a solution and is causing my app to be rejected in review. These are all reproducible in your example scenes on WP8 device.

1. On WP8 two versions old GoogleAds.dll included (6.5.11) where 6.5.13 is current. The old dll still has the interstitial rotation issue the current one does not.

2. All platform interstitial init string checks look at IOS (which is an issue on android or WP8 if IOS is blank but current platform is not)

3. By default Init on WP8 will throw An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary. This will not occur if you add ID_CAP_IDENTITY_USER to the capabilities but this isn't mentioned in the documents. Can the documentation be updated?

4. When ads are shown on WP8 this is thrown A first chance exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll
    An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary

Troubleshooting I've tried on #4. I've tried overriding the WP8 global exception handler to catch these with no luck (I believe because it's executing on a different thread). I've verified that this is an issue with the admob sdk on WP8 and not with your asset but your code is in the DLL and I can't modify. Can you update the WP8 dll to catch the exception from the admob sdk? Otherwise we can't use this asset to publish apps on WP8. This is one of the calls in your dll that will raise the exception.

Code (csharp):
    2. public void ShowInterstitialAd()
    3. {
    4.     if (this.interstisialBanner != null)
    5.     {
    6.         Deployment.Current.Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() => this.interstisialBanner.ShowAd());
    7.     }
    8. }
    Threads that talk about the issue and on catching the exception so app isn't rejected are below. The first one shows how to swallow the exception in the application handler but I believe because of begininvoke and threading that won't work with your DLL implementation (correct me if wrong didn't work when I tried it). However if you register a callback for the begininvoke and do the same in your DLL (or in the callback call endInvoke so that they can be rethrown and handled in the other thread) I believe it should work and the app would be able to pass review. The ads do display and work it just throws this exception each time its shown. While this is fine for testing it doesn't pass review.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/vw61ZdJALYo
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/qFu4jfecX_g

Please advise and as always thanks for the support.

Greg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  19. cipu

cipu

Hi i was use this code

public static GoogleMobileAdBanner Banner;

Banner = GoogleMobileAd.CreateAdBanner(anchor, type);

Banner.ShowOnLoad = false;

this code is work well on android but with WP8 it alway show Admob after banner create. Did i wrong?

20. cuberob

cuberob

I'm having some weird issues with ads on WP8 too. This seems to be causing it:
    - ad is being loaded (but not yet displayed)
    - The game changes level (because player exits through menu for example)
    - Now we are back in, for example, the main menu, where we don't have or want any ads
    - The ad that was previously loading now pops into the screen and does not disappear anymore (unless you go into the same scene where it was created and call hide-Ad/Destroy there)

Also very interested in what greggtwep16 it talking about, as I'm planning to release to WP8 soon (also just bought your WP8 native package) and would of course like to see my app approved ;)

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Got it this is easy to fix, and I will do this with next update.

Fixed, will include the fix in next update. but actually second interstitial unit id is useful only for old iAd version.

I believe it is there, but I will duplicate instruction via text instead just screenshot.

Absolutely and I appreciate your report, more that this dll project will now be included in the package.

looks like a bug, thanks for report I will check and fix it.

Can I ask how exactly you use the plugin? Point is the issue can be avoided pretty easily. You just need to cancel ad show if you leaving the scene. Just let me know want are you using Playmaker or scripting and I will provide you with solution.

I am defiantly on it :)
    Sorry for bunch of issue with WP8 guys, it's pretty new feature and thanks for helping me to make it stable.
    Cheers!

22. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

lacost,

FYI on the WP8 issue preventing approval of app submission. After much digging I have found where the admob sdk is breaking and have filed a bug report with admob that can be found below.

https://groups.google.com/forum/emb...nity/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/7aTju-eSFLs

You won't be able to just wrap a try/catch in your code because its actually an admob callback that throws the exceptions not the initial call to show(), so there is no action to be done on your end that can help. Also, with my digging I have encountered the issue 100% for text based interstitials and some for text banners but I have not encountered any issues with the image based interstitials so in the meantime I am going to resubmit with changing my app id to not show any text based interstitials and hopefully it will pass (might lower my fill rate but have no choice currently). Most likely this is an issue with the invokeScript they are using on those ads being malformed for the WP8 browser (just a guess)

If anyone else experiences the same I would suggest removing the text based ads for the time being on WP8 until a fix is supplied. Hopefully its faster than the 8+ months between patches the last time.

23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for your investigation.
    Any way I will send you the updated packages with contains couple of fixes of ad behaviour + visual studio project.
    And I added the try / catch just in case.

24. Khoa94

Khoa94

I'm using your Google Ads plugin and the Vuforia Unity SDK and I'm having a problem, which is described below.

The ads doesn't show up because I use the "AndroidManifest.xml" that come with the Vuforia Unity SDK instead of using the "AndroidManifest.xml" of your Google Ads plugin. If I only use the "AndroidManifest.xml" of your Google Ads plugin, the ads will display but then I can't access my Android device's camera. If I only use the "AndroidManifest.xml" of the Vuforia Unity SDK, no ads will display but I can access my Android device's camera. Thus, I need to combine the "AndroidManifest.xml" of your Google Ads plugin with the "AndroidManifest.xml" of the Vuforia Unity SDK into 1 "AndroidManifest.xml".

Below is the link to the "AndroidManifest.xml" of the Vuforia Unity SDK and your Google Ads plugin. Please combine them into 1 "AndroidManifest.xml". You can email me the new "AndroidManifest.xml" file at nguyenkh@grinnell.edu or reply below with the new code. I will copy and paste the new code to my "AndroidManifest.xml" file.
    Thank you very much.

"AndroidManifest.xml" of the Vuforia Unity SDK:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P7IsoRZuPvv9MuWY4vqZ05FVevHxhSBt7Igs7M7yYm8/edit?usp=sharing

"AndroidManifest.xml" of your Google Ads plugin
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QRsphps0XZJ8MBnWSTNzW30AzzhvEBXI3t36B3VfhtI/edit?usp=sharing

25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

26. Petrio

Petrio

Hi there,

I'm currently using google's official admob package in my game. It works very well but I have some framerate problems everytime that I create an ad banner and when it loads up a new ad (I'm using a tegra 2 phone and without the ads my game doesn't lag). Also, when I load a new scene, the ad still shows up, but this is a minor problem to me.
    Will I encounter the same problems with your asset?

I am very interested in buying your asset but I need to know this first.

27. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

Google Mobile Ads v 3.5 just released.

New Features:
    • Visual Studio Project included
    • WP8 Exception Tracking added
    • GoogleAds.dll updated to 6.5.13
    Fixes
    • WP8 Banner.ShowOnLoad fixed
    • Duplicate on IOS build append fixed

28. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

There is a big issue with iPhone 6 and 6 + : the ads, in landscape mode, doesn't work.

Thank you for your help

29. Shigidy

Shigidy

Just a quick question, do you have to type in the "ad unit id" from ad mob into unity like we used to. Or is that something of the past.

Well I did see something, when I was making a build a red install plugin. But I didn't install the plugin. Now I'm getting this error.

Untitled.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  30. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

This is actually problem with IOS8.
    The Ad SDK for IOS updated, and positioning now calculated differently for IOS8. Fix is available starting from v3.6

I do not see the error describtion on the screenshot, but you need to install plugin and set your ad unit ids in the plugin editor menu.
    Cheers!

31. Shigidy

Shigidy

Okay, I tried it on a new project just to test it out. On this one I did hit the red install plugin right went it imported the project and typed in the unit ids for android.

And it allowed me to build the game and try it out, but I never saw the ads pop up or the banner ads.

I took a picture of what I've got.
    Thank you
    Untitled.png

32. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Since your screenshot is of the editor it's important to note ads will only show up on an actual device. Have you tried it on your test android device?

33. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thank you, but I did try on the device around 3 or 4 times now. Still don't get the pop up ad or the banner ad. Maybe, I have the ads in the wrong spot on the hierarcy tab.

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Nope, it doesn't matter. Looks like problem in something else.
    But I can not tell more without seeing the log. Can you please send the logcat to the support team at stans.assets@gmail.com

And feel free to contact me directly if you will steel need help.
    Cheers!

35. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

36. Scaleus

Scaleus

Hi, I'm having some issues compiling for iOS (I hate iOS D:)

Code (CSharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "__initGoogleAd", referenced from:
    3.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    4.   "__GADStartInterstitialAd", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "__GADShowInterstitialAd", referenced from:
    7.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    8.   "__GADShowAd", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__GADSetPositionXY", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    12.   "__GADSetPosition", referenced from:
    13.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    14.   "__GADSetBirthday", referenced from:
    15.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    16.   "__GADSetGender", referenced from:
    17.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    18.   "__GADCreateBannerAdPos", referenced from:
    19.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    20.   "__GADCreateBannerAd", referenced from:
    21.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    22.   "__GADRefresh", referenced from:
    23.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    24.   "__GADReportPurchaseStatus", referenced from:
    25.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    26.   "__GADLoadInterstitialAd", referenced from:
    27.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    28.   "__GADDestroyBanner", referenced from:
    29.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    30.   "__GADAddTestDevices", referenced from:
    31.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    32.   "__GADChangeInterstisialsUnitID", referenced from:
    33.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    34.   "__GADChangeBannersUnitID", referenced from:
    35.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    36.   "__GADHideAd", referenced from:
    37.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    38.   "__GADAddTestDevice", referenced from:
    39.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    40.   "__GADTagForChildDirectedTreatment", referenced from:
    41.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    42.   "__GADAddKeyWord", referenced from:
    43.       RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    44. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    45. clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    I have all frameworks added, I've imported "IOS" folder from Plugins folder (nothing changed). I also checked that "-ObjC" flag is added and I've rebuilt the project twice.

I'm using IOS Native and Mobile Ads.

Any idea? Thanks.

Edit: My ads code is working on Android devices (using Android Native and Mobile Ads).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  37. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Looks liek you need simply press Install button in google mobile Ad settings

38. Scaleus

Scaleus

Thank you! It seems there were some issues and that button didn't appeared. I deleted Android Native (as I'm now doing iOS version) and reinstalled GMA plugin and all works fine :)

39. killerking

killerking

The demo scenes do not seem to be working out of the box. Do I need to do something for the ads to show up?
    Buttons are all there but ads do not appear anywhere on the screen.

Using Unity 4.5.4f1
    GoogleMobileAdSettings is set to "Google MobileAd Plugin v3.6"

40. IcebergEntertainment

IcebergEntertainment

I am extremely confused as to why when using an Interstitial Ad I get a 1-3 second delay on clicking the X to close the ad before my game objects come back. Tested on both an LG G3 and Nvidia Shield Tablet so I would love to get this working without the annoyances of the lag. any help would be great

41. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well, yes you need to fill your ad unit id's in the plugin settings under:
    Windows -> Google Mobile Ad -> Edit Settings

I would love to help, but this part is handled by the Google SDK, plugin is simply delegates call from C# API to native google API, and close/click processing is defiantly on google SDK side.
    But I really appreciate you reported this, I will create support case for google and will investigate if I can fix it some how.

Cheers!

42. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

Google Mobile Ads v 3.7 just released.

New Features:
    • Post Process script improved
    • Test Device Editor Menu Added
    Fixes:
    • IOS Banner size fixed
    • Addiont Mutliple Test device on IOS Fixed

43. John-Sandrey

John-Sandrey

I am not sure whats happening but my apps orientation is set to portrait and works fine. when I put your add on into the app unity starts up in landscape and I need to rotate my device to get it back to portrait. It will stay in portrait after I rotate it, but it throws my menu buttons off because it is setting its sizes to landscape on start up when landscape is disabled. Also I do not have adds in my menu, just the game it self, but the menu still starts up in landscape.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  44. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Not sure I got what you mean (sorry abut it english ins't my native language)
    Please explain issue one more time, and let me know what platform you are using.
    P.S. Is issue is urgent you will get answer much faster by e-mailing to: stans.assets@gmail.com

45. PeterShoferistov

PeterShoferistov

Is it just me, or LoadInterstitialAd are now showing the ad immediately after it was loaded (even without calling ShowInterstitialAd)? Looks like a bug, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    I'm calling LoadInterstitialAd in the main menu and displaying the ad on the gameover menu by calling ShowInterstitialAd. It was OK before, but now the ads are showing right after LoadInterstitialAd was called.
    Tested on an Android, appeared after the update

46. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for the report I will defiantly check this ASAP and let you know.

47. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

You right it was the new version bug. Just fixed it.

48. Stans-Assets

Stans-Assets

Google Mobile Ads v 3.9 just released.

New Features:
    • Editor Improvements
    • Plugin does not requiers main activity anymore
    Read more here: http://goo.gl/9PBhHz
    Updates:
    • Google Ad SDK version updated
    Refactor:
    • Flash Like event system now use own namespace: UnionAssets.FLE
    Fixes:
    • Dependencies clean up
    Read More:http://goo.gl/3yt8Rq

49. fornetjob

fornetjob

А когда почините? У меня в редакторе показывает 3.8 версию, хотя скачал 3.9.

50. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I will check this. It already fixed. I will send you update version with PM