Search Unity

[RELEASED] Moba Storm Multiplayer Asset (MULTIPLAYER ARENA FRAMEWORK)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jezu72, Jul 21, 2015.

1. jezu72

jezu72

Requires Unity 5.1.0 or higher.

Official Website

http://www.jmgdigital.com/

Documentation

GAME FEATURES

Complete fun working MOBA game where you can choose a character to fight against the enemy team on three different lanes, where neutral monsters spawn and towers defend the "big base tower”. Every time you kill a minion or a player you gain points, which allow you to level up your character with more health and more damage. The game ends when a team destroys the big base tower!!!!

• Experience split between the killers

• Gold when you kill an enemy

• Teleport to base

• Standard MOBA keys QWER

• Abilities can slow enemies, stun, dot, hot, teleport… you can even write your custom scripts to customize abilities.

SPECS

• Menu animations with different behaviors

• Login system and registration, integrated with PHP and MySQL

• Lobby, general chat

• Server list where you can see the actual players and their names

• Char selection window with portraits and sounds for each character

• Client - lobby system - master server and node implementation

• Server creation, launching multiple standalone apps for each match (Multiple server instances used in many games) using ulink, ulobby, uzone

• Enemy ia, waypoints integration, using unity navmesh.

• 2 custom characters with animations and custom spells

• You can create new characters, new enemies with just a few lines of code, even you can fully customize your spells and attacks creating your custom scripts, you want a spell that stun a player? And deal dot at the same time? Or maybe a spell that teleports you and deals aoe dmg??? You can do it easily with a few lines of code there is no limits!!!

• THIS IS NOT A USER INTERFACE CREATION ASSET…. IT´S A COMPLETE GAME THAT REQUIRES MID TO ADVANCE KNOWLEDGE OF UNITY AND C# TO WORK WITH.

• I´M WORKING FULL TIME ON THIS PROJECT SO THERE WILL BE A CONSTANT UPDATE RELEASES!!

Trial Version of uLink Network is included in this package.

Attached Files:

2. Gunhi

Gunhi

looks pretty good, I will give it a try!

3. jezu72

jezu72

Thank you

4. Holydtz

Holydtz

Yeah, that's what i was looking for!!! i have a question, you can launch unity standalone servers with this asset?

5. jezu72

jezu72

Hello thank you, yes you can launch multiple server apps, you only need a windows machine to run the uzone master and node. Im recording a video this week showing that feature.

6. jezu72

jezu72

New Version v2.0 is out! with new features, new characters and new world map.
    Check the new videos!

7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Will you update that server can run headless on linux?

8. Evil-Otaku

Evil-Otaku

Is there a guide for swapping the Networking from uLink to Photon or even Unet?

9. jezu72

jezu72

Hello, you can use another network library, but right know there is no guide. We also have plans to move to photon network in the future.

10. KiloaHunter62

KiloaHunter62

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question, because i found no way to fix this.
    I created a HUD game object, which i instantiate on a custom script (attached to the player) at the beginning of the game.
    But, i want it to be instantiated only for this client. The problem is that all the players can see it.

How to fix this?
    Thank you.

11. jezu72

jezu72

Hello! If
    if you want to instantiate any hud elements for the players, you need to use if (networkView.isOwner) that will return true only in the owner instance (current player view). I recommend you to instantiate those elements in the PlayerControllerRTS.cs

12. KiloaHunter62

KiloaHunter62

Thank you for your answer.

I have two other questions :

- 1 : If you want to change the IP where the player plays, you have to change the value of the IP's on the client and server game object or just on server game object ?

- 2 : The cdr for the basics dont work, can you give a help to make it work correctly?

Thx.

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, documentation is still not updated. No update of software yet. :-(

14. jezu72

jezu72

Hello we just update the documentation. Please check it out. We are going to add more documentation, please stay in touch.
    http://www.jmgdigital.com/documentation.pdf

15. jezu72

jezu72

16. tadano

tadano

It is the thing which the asset was purchased.
    php folder seems not been shipped.
    Could you the following php data?
    login.php
    register.php
    Nice to meet you.

17. Savate7

Savate7

Hello i've got an error:

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(24,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(259,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(272,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(284,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ErrorCode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

What that means for really what is missing here

18. jezu72

jezu72

We are happy to announce that we are working on a new complete Photon Version of Moba Storm Asset.
    Available on March 2016.
    FeatureList will be up soon at www.jmgdigital.com
    MobaPhotonLogo.jpg

19. GraphXCreations

GraphXCreations

hi there, will there be any new update for the ulink version any time soon?
    last update was Nov 18.

thanks

20. GraphXCreations

GraphXCreations

also, why photon cloud?
    why turning from authoritative server method (ulink) to non authoritative (photon cloud) prone to hacks and cheats?
    will be a disaster if all is controlled client side.

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Strange product development. First you announce version 1 then version 2, no new updates even the documentation is not complete yet and you announce a new version (I bet we must purchase again, correct) and you move server architecture ... I regret purchasing this asset.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  22. jezu72

jezu72

Hello, we are not going to stop the development process with uLink. This asset had only two months on the Store, this is a complex asset and we need a lot of time to complete the documentation and release important updates.

We are going to release another version using photon. And no, you dont have to purchase it again, you dont need two networking solutions to work with this asset.

23. jezu72

jezu72

Hello, as it says on the description on the asset store, the point of this asset at first is to give the users the tools for a Moba Game, so they have a complete prototype to work with. You can use photon server later if you want to use server side logic.

Ill try to do my best with the resources i have to give you guys the best Moba Solution for Unity 3d.

24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Well, sure but its not very productive to release a asset (which is complex like you said) and the documentation is only 1/4 finished.

25. tr1stan

tr1stan

Same for me here. It look like the uLink version has errors. Any update?

26. yoryor

yoryor

Grettings

same for me, but I manage to mess around a bit between the different Ulink downloads.
    Version 2.5

then came the next problem (MinionsBlueProxy_mn / red) missing Character Controller) . added Character Controller.
    Hurrae.. I can now log into the game ....
    BUT my player char can't move
    Think we all need an update.

Best regards

27. francisfu

francisfu

Follow my words and try again please.
    First you import the assset pakage.
    Then set the layers as the document shows.
    Third,import ulink and ulobby(any version is fine, I use the latest version).But when you import ulink, remember to uncheck the Asset/Character/Network Sync.cs !!!I have failed a several times and finally found this. Remember!
    Forth,you update the api.Unity will ask you to do this.
    Fifth, import uzone, remember to download the version1.03 as document says! If you find missing Gameinstance,that means you use the uzone2! Do not use that one!
    Finally if you can connect to the internet, you dao as the document says, everythings fine!
    If my words help, can you send me an email to let me know? My email address is francis_afu@163.com, thank you if you can email me.

28. francisfu

francisfu

look down, I answered this question~ If you find my words useful,could you send me an email to let me know? My email address is francis_afu@163.com, thank you if you can email me.

29. francisfu

francisfu

just look down, I answered this question~ If you find my words useful,could you send me an email to let me know? My email address is francis_afu@163.com, thank you if you can email me~

30. runningbird

runningbird

I guess no new updates for this asset?

31. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

dead asset, do not buy

32. runningbird

runningbird

Yeah I already purchased and mainly use it just for a template to rip apart and use.
    After realizing the Photon was just a very basic implementation I have ripped all of that out and started using a different multi-player framework.

33. cruiseretirement

cruiseretirement

When are you guys actually going to provide full documentation on how your system works? You're selling an asset that ultimately isn't even complete or playable in its state.

Yes, I understand that we need coding experience though there are no instructions on how to piece any of the initial ground-work together?

Per the previous comment from runningbird, I'm essentially using MOBAStorm for the same thing (ripping it apart from being a framework and coding from scratch, cherrypicking the bits I feel I can use).

If you're not going to base your code on something everyone understands then you need to explain how someone sets up the initial structure.

I've been trying for the past month to get uLink, uZone, uGameDB, etc. etc. running with Riak on a cluster of a few VM remote machines and have made very little progress (coming from a blue-chip I.T. background, I think that's a fair call that it's not as simply as "Start Lobby", "Start Server", "Start Client" as your documentation states).

The sequence for start-up is all well and good though you need to explain exactly how to install these things and what needs to be running behind the scenes for things to connect?
    This is where your documentation has serious lack of thorough explanation.

If you can expand on the precursor steps required for people rather than simply glossing over some very important steps with the above, people might actually be able to get it working without spending months being frustrated.

Maybe explain the following:

1. How to install uLobby and any other necessary components to form the infrastructure.
    2. How to set the IP addresses in the game elements for them to be able to connect to one another.
    3. What applications need to be running (Master Server? Does it need to be running?)

Your product might be a great framework, though one that will actually load so we can see how the proverbial clock ticks would be preferable to having a bunch of code that no-one can get working. It doesn't matter if the product is revolutionary if the people purchasing it can't even get it started to see what they've bought; instead they'll feel cheated that they've bought something that "doesn't work".

Is there anything against packaging your package with uLobby evaluation version and all of the other bits and pieces required to get the asset actually working?

Can you package something with everything in it that simply just "plays" with?

As a sidenote, I purchased another MOBA framework and pressed "play" and it works flawlessly with no fuss at all, which is why I was so extremely disappointed with MOBAStorm. It looked great and for the last month I still haven't even been able to get it running, especially when it was my intention to use this as the basis for my new game...

Updated documentation would be appreciated.

34. cruiseretirement

cruiseretirement

I also sent a post to their website at www.jmgdigital.com and no response (my comments are still awaiting moderation after two weeks).

What I don't understand is why there are PHP scripts referred to in the C# back-end code that then refer to linking to what would appear to be MySQL databases (given the close relationship between PHP and MySQL), yet uGameDB (uLobby initiative) uses Riak database.

Very confusing stuff for people that have never used the framework before.

I just wish there was a bit of clarity so there's some clear direction of what the developers were showing us through their development.

A bit of an idea of a couple of example PHP scripts (if using MySQL) or some initial routines to create Riak schemas, etc. would be useful, otherwise we're all just floundering around attempting to make headway through code that potentially makes very little sense (especially when there are confusing directions in terms of what database supports the entire infrastructure).

Personally I would have thought alerting developers who are supposed to pick up their code to develop it further would have been made aware through documentation of the database backend the new developer should use. Some examples of these kinds of things would be good.

This could be a really fantastic asset and is almost there. I'd like to see it turn into a good asset though at present can't endorse it with such gaping holes.

Something like the following would be helpful:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  35. rickcollette

rickcollette

so - is this dead?

36. MrAntheal

MrAntheal

Hello, I have the following error :

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(284,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ErrorCode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(272,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(259,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Scripts/ZoneScripts/uZoneClientGUI.cs(24,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameInstance' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

EditorOnlyPlayerSettings property UNet_ServiceEnabled::UNet_ServiceEnabled not inititalized. Please initialize it using corresponding PlayerSettings.InitializeProperty function!
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

EditorOnlyPlayerSettings property UNet_ServiceEnabled::UNet_ServiceEnabled not inititalized. Please initialize it using corresponding PlayerSettings.InitializeProperty function!
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

How to solve them ?

37. applive3

applive3

run on linux server? has 3x3 option?

38. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

It seems like a very good asset. Just out of curiosity why did it disappear from the asset store?

39. runningbird

runningbird

The developer has stopped supporting it

40. AlexaRebecca

AlexaRebecca

i have this pack is very good and i try use with photon if somebody want work in a moba

41. AlexaRebecca

AlexaRebecca

I have a version with photon and i want help for update