Search Unity

[Released] Minicar Race Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TargetSoundFx, Dec 29, 2017.

1. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,

I have tested in 2019.3.0 and 2019.3.7 and it works for me.

First I have tested in 2019.3.0:
    In the asset store I have updated the asset first.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 08.20.51.jpg
    Then I have imported the asset.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 08.22.12.jpg

rabione likes this.
  2. rabione

rabione

Thank you for your fast reply. I only get the import button.
    Anyway, if it worked for you, so it must be a little issue in my side. I'll try to fix it.

3. larchbor

larchbor

Hello/
    Error in online mode. The loading screen spins endlessly!!!
    All settings are in accordance with the instructions. But when you log in to the map (online mode), the loading screen turns endlessly. Why, is there a solution?
    The video shows an example of this error
    Everything works fine in normal mode

4. larchbor

larchbor

Many thanks to the developer. Everything helped, quickly responded and explained everything to me and helped. Great support. I recommend to everyone.

5. anhtuan1911

anhtuan1911

Got the same issue. How do I fix this endless loading?

6. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,
    Check if you have copied the right files in folders (It is explain in the documentation
    Project Tab: Assets -> MCR Creator -> Documentation -> MCR Online Multiplayer.pdf ):
    MCR Creator → Assets → Prefabs → 01_Cars → Resources
    And
    MCR Creator → Assets → Prefabs → 04_Other → _Current

7. anhtuan1911

anhtuan1911

Ok, followed all those instructions, but now I'm getting an issue with all the assets not linked properly. Should I copy all the files or only the prefab files and not the .meta files?

8. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Yes, you must copy only the prefab not the .meta files.
    If you want send me an email, I will send you the 2 folders with the correct files inside.

9. george_bacanu

george_bacanu

Hello,

Will there be a leveling up system and one to reward players after the race (coins, xp or unlocked cars)? I think such a system would be welcome for everyone.

Thanks.

10. RyuAzuku

RyuAzuku

It's a shame someone else is just taking this and reselling it on Steam:( I like what you've done though!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  11. mohs1n

mohs1n

Does it have Admob integrated? If not how easy is it to integrate ads (banners/interstial/rewards) in this?

12. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,
    Admod is not integrated in the asset.
    I have not tested to integrate Admod. If you have some coding knowledge it shouldn’t be too difficult.

It is described in the documentation how to use Unity Ads.

13. everlite1knight

everlite1knight

I just purchased this with a little too much excitement before asking the obvious question; Can i completely replace the environment with my own assets? ie; a photorealistic like GTA city block? Thank you!! :D

Also can you adjust drifting and surface physics? ie; Ice, Sand, Mud .. would all create different properties.

14. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,
    Can i completely replace the environment with my own assets?
    Yes.

Also can you adjust drifting and surface physics?
    No. There are no options to modify drifting and the surface physic.

15. play_unity729

play_unity729

I just buy this assets, and I have some issues, I'm trying to replace the assets and everything, and I mean everything it's super small against regular assets, there's any tutorial of how adjust the proportions of the system so I don't need to adjust every asset I import to replace the old ones? also when I import the game to Xcode and I play it on my iPhone 8 everything it's pink, just there, if I create a desktop version or I just preview the project everything it's fine but not on Xcode

16. play_unity729

play_unity729

Agree

Artomiano likes this.
  17. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,

I'm trying to replace the assets
    Making an asset requires making choices. The asset must make it possible to do many things (Gameplay, car physics, easy to use, optimized …). Some choices may seem strange but they were taken with all these constraints in mind.

If your 3D models are bigger than needed in Minicar Race Creator. In the Hierarchy, but all your 3D models in a Group then reduces the scale of the group. All your 3D will be reduced at once.

On my iPhone 8 everything it's pink
    I have no iPhone 8 so I can’t test by myself but it sounds like the shader doesn’t works correctly on your phone.

Do you follow the step described in documentation section 7-Export to Mobile (page 41 to 47) that explains the process to export on mobile. It explains the process for Android but it the same for iPhone.

If yes try to find a shader that works on your mobile.

The materials used for the game are in folder Assets -> MCR Creator -> Assets -> Materials -> Materials_Grp ->

18. tonygiang

tonygiang

Hi.

I would like to report a bug in this package. The Car Selection script has a built-in feature to add more players beyond the default number of 8, but when I start reaching 13 players, the car selection screen will have a weird bug where one of the cars thinks it needs to be respawned, thus runnning into a part of the script where it seeks out Checkpoints in the middle of the Menu scene (it will find none), thus throwing NullReferenceException.

To reproduce:
    - Open Menu scene
    - Select CheckCarSelection
    - Click Create new Player, give each new player any Prefab car
    - Keep creating new Player until the number reaches 13
    - Save the Menu scene
    - Start running the game at the Intro scene
    - When you reach the car selection menu, stop and wait for the error to happen.

19. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,

I can’t reproduce the problem but I think it is due to the car initialisation.
    I have modified the script carSelection.cs
    You will find the new version as attachement to that post.
    Replace it into folder Assets -> MCR Creator -> Scripts -> Menu -> CarSelection.cs

The studio is closed for a week so I will not have access to the project until June Monday 22.
    Don’t be surprised if I do not answer last week.

Attached Files:

20. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

21. tonygiang

tonygiang

To be more specific, the error happens after car initialisation. Something triggered a collision event on one of the car, which made it respawn and it the process of respawning, it searched for Checkpoints. There is no checkpoint in the Menu scene of course, so that part returns null, and this is where the scene crashed.

22. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

If the script doesn't solve your problem you can send me your project. I will check if I can find a solution.
    You will find my email on my publisher page https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/24032

23. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

24. yansa050390

yansa050390

Do i have the rights to publish the game on the app store/ google play store?

25. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Yes you can publish the game on the app store or/and google play store.

26. yansa050390

yansa050390

Can i buy this asset on one sale only ? Heheh

27. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello,
    I am having problem in Implementing multiplayer. I am using modified cars. So:
    1) I Added Photon prefab in my cars according to documentation in page 14.
    2) I added GM_Photon prefab to my own created Tracks According to page 15.
    3) I copied files from _Online and pasted to _Current according to page 5.

My question is do I need to copy and paste files of Online_cars as mentioned in page 5? As I am not using your cars.
    Other than that, when I clicked on Reimport All, my Antivirus interrupted this process. So, it was showing many prefabs and files missing. Then I fixed my antivirus and Retried Reimport All, But still many prefabs are missing.

And one more thing is:
    In page page 7 I need to copy and paste this line:
    CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT;PHOTON_UNITY_NETWORKING;PUN_2_0_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_OR_NEWER
    to Scripting Define Symbols.
    But my Scripting Define Symbols is already have this line included:
    CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT;UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2;PHOTON_UNITY_NETWORKING;PUN_2_0_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_19_OR_NEWER
    So, is it good or I should change it?

Because "Reimport All" is taking so much time and it's looking very risky also, I want to know the process step by step. Please help me on this.
    Thanks.

Edit:
    Now I understand much better what happening. When I copied files from _Online and pasted to _Current it deleted previous Canvas_MainMenu, which is used in all tarcks hierarchy. Because of this, Canvas_MainMenu and its all children objects are becoming missing. I was previously modified Canvas_MainMenu also.
    I have backup of my project. Please tell me how to solve this problem without losing my Work on Canvas_MainMenu.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  28. tiranssamann

tiranssamann

Hello! How can I add buy cars by game sum in Page_carselection?Sorry for my English.

29. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Sorry but the asset is not designed to allow the player to buy car.

30. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello, please reply to my question also.

31. Artomiano

Artomiano

Could you imagine to integrate such a system? It would be great to have some possibilities to upsell ingame assets, like cars, decals, boosters etc. Also it would be great to have a reward system for challenges. ;)

32. Artomiano

Artomiano

@TargetSoundFx Another thing: Did you think about a discord server? ;)

33. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Thank you for your feedback :). For the moment there is no plan for those features.

34. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello sir, :rolleyes:
    Please reply on my problem also.

35. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

This problem is very critical and I can't give up. So, please reply.

36. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello sir

37. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

???

38. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello

39. reimajina

reimajina

hello,
    how to make the car not collide with others, and better at turning

40. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Sorry but the asset is not designed to disable collisions between cars.

41. reimajina

reimajina

oh. can i adjust the drifting to make it more accurate in the turns? My AI car alway hitting the wall when turning

42. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

There is no drifting parameters (It is no plan to add this feature).

43. alexxx9799

alexxx9799

I have this problem when I try to play online

upload_2020-9-10_19-56-45.png

Attached Files:

44. Tortuap

Tortuap

Hi I have just purchased your Asset on the store. I'm playing with it, and I'm scrutinizing the Car Controller.
    There is some magic voodoo code I quite don't understand : the wheels sliding.

There are two points on which I'm wondering :

1) CarController.cs, line 1035-1055. What are Slide_01, Slide_02, Slide_03 ? I understand those are factors to compute a force applied for each wheel, but the naming doesn't help. Can you tell us more about them ? Is the formula that compute them based on some real physic formula ? or is this just some trial and error code that you found yourself ? Can you elaborate on how it is working ? Are each corresponding to an axis maybe ?

2) A weird thing : in the present code, Slide_01, Slide_02, Slide_03 are recomputed for each wheel raycasts (thus 4 times in the same FixedUpdate). Too me, this seems to be wrong, a mistake. Why not compute them once before iterating on each wheel that use them (that means moving lines 1035-1055 to line 1000). By being recomputed/moved forward in each wheel iteration, values of Slide_01, _02, _03 and changing and thus different for each wheel, which doesn't seem quite normal. Can you explain or investigate on this ?

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  45. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,
    It is an arcade game so nothing is based on real physics formula. Slide_ parameters help having the feeling that the car is not glued to the track. Don’t hesitate to modify the script if you find code optimisation or better car controller feeling :) .

46. reimajina

reimajina

why my car is so slippery especially when turning, or hit by other car?

Only4gamers likes this.
  47. kuyote

kuyote

Hello,

I'm trying to work through your manual, and so far nothing is working, Unity version is 2019.4.13f1. The Intro scene will not allow you to play. It says no Cameras rendering.

I've created a new project with MCR, and am trying to load the input but there is only a menu object, but that's not loading either.

Here are the errors:
    Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.3.8/Editor/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(593,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'RevertFiles' and no accessible extension method 'RevertFiles' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

48. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

The message seems to correspond to Unity Collab system. It is not a problem with MCR Creator asset.
    You can try to create a new project with Unity collab and import MCR Creator into this new project. If it doesn't work don't hesitate to send me a message. You will find my email here https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/24032

49. BorjaFAC

BorjaFAC

Hi! I've just bought the asset and set it up for multiplayer, but now when playing singleplayer I've got the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Photon.Pun.UtilityScripts.CountdownTimer.TryGetStartTime (System.Int32& startTimestamp) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/UtilityScripts/Room/CountdownTimer.cs:151)
    3. Photon.Pun.UtilityScripts.CountdownTimer.Initialize () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/UtilityScripts/Room/CountdownTimer.cs:123)
    4. Photon.Pun.UtilityScripts.CountdownTimer.OnEnable () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/UtilityScripts/Room/CountdownTimer.cs:72)
    I guess it's caused because all my scenes now have the GM_Photon prefab, but I also assume that I shouldn't decide on fully going multiplayer or single player... So what should be the approach for fixing this?

50. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi BorjaFAC,
    As I mention it in the documentation you need to disable a line in the code. Have a look to MCR Online Documentation Multiplayer.pdf page 9. In the documentation it said: remove line 153. Maybe in your case it is line 151.
    It should solve the problem.
    If not, don't hesitate to send me a email :) .
    You will find my email on my publisher page https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/24032