Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Minicar Race Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TargetSoundFx, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Andres_Moreno

Andres_Moreno

Hi, I want to ask about an idea

It is or could be possible to use another car physics system? For example "Realistic Car Controller". What I want to do is to add an RCC car prefab in a scene but also have in the same scene the "Minicar Race Creator" CPU bots, and count the RCC car as the player. I'm sure that's not gonna be an out of the box solution but maybe with some code modifications in can be achieved, that's what I want to know

Thanks for your time.

2. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Ok, we had 8 cars on the roadmap.

DrOcto and ATeam_Production like this.
  3. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

It is probably possible but it needs knowledge in coding.
    I'm not sure it is super easy to do what you want but you could have a look to the script carAi.cs that manage the car controller AI.
    Maybe you could replace the script carController.cs with your new controller and then reconnect the carAI.cs script to your new carController.

4. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Thanks, and for custom cars ? i mean replacing the current models with mines ?

5. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Yes it is possible. We explain in the documentation how to change car models.

6. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Thanks, is the doc publicly available somewhere ?

7. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

No the documentation is not available publicly but if you send me your mail in PM i could send more info about how the models could be change.

8. f1chris

f1chris

So you’re planning to release an update soon ?

It will include the 8 cars fix and a grip value as well ?

Thx

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  9. DrOcto

DrOcto

Hi, wile everybody is asking I will join the crowd also ;) will it have also a shop where you could buy upgrades for your car with coins. Guns, tires with better grip, bigger tank or maybe night vision goggles or lights? Just pulling it out of my head :) Ofcours like everybody expecting it sooner then later but would bi nice to know if something like that is maybe on your roadmap also. And have a nice day :)

10. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi f1christian and DrOcto,

You are many to wish 8 cars. So we added this feature to the road map.
    We do not have a date yet. But we'll let you know on the forum :) .

f1chris and DrOcto like this.
  11. DrOcto

DrOcto

Great and good to know :)

12. f1chris

f1chris

Sorry to bother you again, do you have an ETA for next update ?

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  13. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Sorry but i have no date for the moment.

14. f1chris

f1chris

Ok. And nothing to share as a beta release for long requested features by those who bought it. I see.

Thx

15. Arjun-Gupte

Arjun-Gupte

Hi,

I have purchased the mini racer asset from the Unity Store, and is currently facing some minor problems.
    Some of the problems i am facing are
    1. The Car does not move any new external gameobjects( Gameobjects of my own rather than what came with the pack) introduced to the level. Except for the Cone Prefab which came in along with the Package.

2. Is there anyway to modify the player camera angles without creating any errors ?

3. The camera also doesnt seem to function properly after renaming the tags. Even after changing the camera follow tag within the camera code. What should i do to change the player tag from the default "Car" to some tag of our own? All 3 Cpu controlled cars seems to share the same "Car" tag, and changing one of them creates problems.

4.Changing the scale [main parent scale eg - P2_Classic] of AI Cars forces the tires to go below the road avoiding the colliders, how to prevent it.

Regards,
    AG

16. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi Arjun-Gupte,

1. The Car does not move any new external gameObjects.
    Try to reduce the mass of your gameObject (For example Cone mass is 0.04).

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 14.03.26.jpg

2. Is there anyway to modify the player camera angles without creating any errors ?
    -You could change the parameters in script Cam_Follow.cs
    Hierarchy Tab : P1_Cam (Player 1 cam)
    Hierarchy Tab : P2_Cam (Player 2 cam)

-You could change the position followed by the camera in each car prefab.
    Inside each car you have a gameObject named Cam_Target. It is the gameObject followed by the camera.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 14.16.01.jpg

3. The camera also doesn’t seem to function properly after renaming the tags.
    It is not possible to change the tag because it is used by scripts.

I don’t know why you need to change the tag. But maybe you could do something like adding a first script to the car and check in your second script if this first script is attached to the car.

4.Changing the scale [main parent scale eg - P2_Classic]
    It is not possible to only scale a car if you want to change his size. It is explain on documentation 3.2 Modify car parameters.

Hope it helps

17. youchihara

youchihara

hi i do test in unity 2017.2.0 i have this problems
    Assets/MCR Creator/Assets/Scripts/car/CarPathFollow.cs(11,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityStandardAssets' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/MCR Creator/Assets/Scripts/car/CarPathFollow.cs(12,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityStandardAssets' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/MCR Creator/Assets/Scripts/LapCounter/LapCounter.cs(31,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityStandardAssets' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/MCR Creator/Assets/Scripts/Race/PathCircuitEditor.cs(13,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityStandardAssets' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_CurrentEntriesPtr != NULL && m_IsGettingEntries'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

18. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,

You do not have imported the needed standard assets scripts in Minicar Game Creator. Read Documentation Section 1-Configuring the project (page 4). It explains how to import the needed scripts.

If you want to use Minicar Race Creator easily don't hesitate to follow the steps we suggest you on documentation (page 1).

:)

DrOcto likes this.
  19. Arjun-Gupte

Arjun-Gupte

Hi,

I am trying to modify the way the camera works.
    This is done so player can see the road below and adjust the trajectory when he's in the air.So I want the camera to change position from Height= 0.36f ,so that it tilts down when car goes onto the ramp is in the air ,Height= 1.5f and when the car hits the road again it resets its value back to 0.36f

I tried modifying the Height variable in your Cam_Follow script

My script is named as CameraShift :

CameraShift()
    public static bool cameraChanger;

void OnCollisionEnter(Collision col){
    If (col.gameObject.tag == "Road"){
    cameraChanger = false;
    } else{
    cameraChanger = true;
    }
    }

After that I go to your very own Cam_Follow script and add the following under the FixedUpdate method

if(CameraShift.cameraChanger == true){
    height = 1.5f;
    } else{
    height = 0.36f;
    }

All the road assets I have tagged as Road.
    Now when the car is the in air the camera does change to 1.5 however it doesn't seem to come back to 0.36 .
    Are you calling the Height variable of the Cam_Follow script from somewhere else?

20. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi Arjun-Gupte,
    Height vairable is not call or modify from another script.
    Are you sure your variable cameraChanger come back to False when you want to reset your camera ?

21. Arjun-Gupte

Arjun-Gupte

Also, i want to know is there any way i can reduce the time of the respawn rate if the car flips over. May i know which script and what variable should be modified to reduce the respawn rate if the car flips over.

22. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

You could change the variable DurationBeforeCarRespawn in script CarController.cs .
    First possibility :
    If you use Inspector :
    - Check the box Inspector (spot 1)
    - Change the variable DurationBeforeCarRespawn (spot 2)

IMPORTANT you need to do this operation for each car prefab you use in your game.

01_Respawn.jpg
    02_Respawn.jpg

Second possibility :
    -Open the script CarController.cs
    -Change the variable (line 129) public float DurationBeforeCarRespawn = 1 to private float DurationBeforeCarRespawn = 1 and change the value.

23. NetoFT2

NetoFT2

erro direcional jogador 1. carro
    em constante direção à esquerda. O mesmo acontece no menu hud:(

24. NetoFT2

NetoFT2

[QUOTE = "NetoFT2, post: 3516880, membro: 1823786"] erro direcional jogador 1. carro
    em constante direção à esquerda. O mesmo acontece no menu hud :([/ QUOTE]

Desculpe-me. erro causado pelo meu jostyck usb kkkkkkkk

TargetSoundFx likes this.
  25. NetoFT2

NetoFT2

Eu gostaria de comprar o modo multplay. Estou ansioso

26. NetoFT2

NetoFT2

Multiplayer Online is not available???? I want to buy

27. MDB2313

MDB2313

I do not see Android control setup in the documentation. How do I setup controls on an Android device. I have already changed the Build Settings but no touch controls show up when I changed it. All I see is for a controller and desktop.

28. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi MDB2313,

We explain how to do what you want on Documentation section 7- Export to Mobile page 43 to 49.
    I advise you to read the whole section because it helps to optimize your project to mobile device.
    (The mobile input is setup in step 17)
    Hope it helps :)

29. MDB2313

MDB2313

Thanks, I missed that whole section

TargetSoundFx likes this.
  30. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

How do you remove pages from the menu? For example, I don't want to allow players to choose cars, and I only have one circuit, so I just want to go straight from the "Page Hub" main menu to the start of the level, simply using "default" values for the game mode, car and track selection.
    I've tried removing the unwanted pages from the "Menu_Manager" script on the main menu canvas, but that generates lots of errors ("Input Axis not setup", "variable parentMenu of the carSelection script not assigned" etc.) - it seems necessary to have to step through all those menus because otherwise some default values are not initialised - is that right?

I also tried just starting from a level that I made and adding my own custom start page to load and launch that level, but it seems necessary to have stepped through the "MCR menu" in order for the level to be setup correctly.

I'd be grateful for any advice, thanks!

31. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi Tanoshimi,
    For the moment, we are in holiday so it is not possible to answer your question.
    We came back from holidays at the beginning of August.
    You're right some parameters are saved on PlayerPrefs and used when scenes are loaded.
    I will check your question at this moment.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Pierre.

32. Zarkow

Zarkow

Hi,

Are you aware that some of the people buying the game is posting it wholesale, virtually unchanged, on Steam storefront? What is your license and opinion of such behavior?

33. Schefferbird

Schefferbird

Hi!

I'm trying to implement external car models. First I tried with your instructions without success. Now I'm trying to replicate all of the colliders etc to my new models. The result for now is that the car is sinking down to the car body and will not move off course. I would expect to use wheelcolliders. Do your wheels have them internaly so I can't see them or is your solution without wheelcolliders? One thing that keep on differ is the car controller script. It's just show features down to wheel options, so from body options and down, is not included...? What is the missing link?

34. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

After buying an asset on the Unity asset store you could create a build on any platform you want.

35. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,
    We do not use the Unity WheelColliders. We use Raycast for the wheel. The Raycast is manage in the carController.cs script.

We are in holidays so i have not the documentation in front of my eye but what is explained in the documention should work.

Replace the default body with your own 3D models in the same folder in the Hierachy.
    Replace each default whell model with your own 3D model in the same folder in the Hierachy.

If you want to change the car scale select your car in the Hierachy then use the inspector to modify the car scale.

If you still have difficulties with replacing car models, we came back from holidays at the beginning of August.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Pierre.

36. Zarkow

Zarkow

So you are fine with someone copying your solution wholesale and publishing it as if they developed it, with no credits given?

As a follow-up, does that mean you will not file a DMCA if someone uploads your own solution as a duplicate to the Unity Store and sells it for half price?

37. Schefferbird

Schefferbird

Okay Pierre!

I'll get back to you if the issue remains :)

Thanks!

38. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

So you are fine with someone copying your solution wholesale and publishing it as if they developed it, with no credits given?
    You can export a game made with the asset on any platform without restriction (mobile, desktop, console ...). You do not have to specify the name of the asset in credits. It's the same for all the assets of the Unity Store.

As a follow-up, does that mean you will not file a DMCA if someone uploads your own solution as a duplicate to the Unity Store and sells it for half price?
    What is not allowed is to resell the asset as an asset with or without modifications (3D Models, scripts ....)

39. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

What you are referring to is what is the definition of "Asset Flip" (versus other BS you tubers like to call "asset flips"). It is frowned upon, but not illegal, per se, depending upon the license set up by the asset seller. It's a pretty lame and crap thing to do, though.

40. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

We are back from Holidays :cool: .

To Schefferbird and Tanoshimi if you still need help don't hesitate to send us a PM.

ATeam_Production likes this.
  41. pjbaron

pjbaron

First off, nice asset! A company I am working for bought this for me and I'm very impressed by the quality and thought put into making it accessible.

I have found several bugs which don't seem to be addressed in the documentation:
    - If two vehicles fall off at the same time and close to each other, the respawn system will build them inside each other and immediately kill them both again, this will continue forever.
    - Chrome reported out of memory after the game(webgl build) had been sitting unused in an open tab for ages, followed by an attempt to play a 'versus' mode game (two players so two cameras). I'm not sure if this is a slow memory leak over time or if there is a problem with the two camera mode in webgl.

At the time of these bugs I had only tweaked the driving parameters and used the additional scenes pack (no other changes). The chrome crash happened with the default 'kitchen' scene (which is pretty complicated but needs to work reliably).

42. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

First, we are happy to see that you like the asset :) .
    I couldn't check your two points today but i will check it tomorrow.

43. pjbaron

pjbaron

That'll be great, thank you.

44. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

We have submited a new version in the asset store to solve the case when two cars falls and respawn at the same time.

For WebGL. Try to follow the steps in the documentation to optimise the scene for mobile (It is the same for WebGL) (Section 7 : Export to mobile in the documentation) .
    You could test the default demo project from Minicar Race Creator asset in the WebGL.

Maybe there are too much objects in the kitchen scene for the WebGL.

I will post a comment when the asset will be updated :) .

pjbaron likes this.
  45. pjbaron

pjbaron

Thanks for the first update, I will test it soon!
    I'll try what you suggest for the webgl issue too, I see mention of a geometry combining tool in the asset pack too which will probably help when the scene is finalised.

46. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

The update is available in the store :) :
    1-Solves the case when two cars falls and respawn at the same time on the same spawn point.
    2-We have updated the combiner mesh too (little improvement).

ATeam_Production and pjbaron like this.
  47. pjbaron

pjbaron

Is it possible to change the tyre grip (turning friction)? I'm digging through CarController.cs but I can't find anything that obviously controls this factor.

Never mind, I just found CoeffZ :)

twitchfactor and TargetSoundFx like this.
  48. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Hello,

Any news for a potential future update of this wonderful asset ?

Best regards,

Ateam Studios

49. TargetSoundFx

TargetSoundFx

Hi,

We are finishing our new asset for the asset store (about 2 weeks of works). Then we will start working on the new Minicar Race Creator update :).

50. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Nice to read.

Perhaps you could tell more about your new asset for the asset store ?