Search Unity

[RELEASED] MIDI Unified 5.x

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Foriero, Mar 26, 2016.

1. tempostudios

tempostudios

Hi Marek,

How do I send cc messages (control track) using MidiUnified ?

I would like to control the sustain pedal. Can I embed that information in a midi file or do I need to have a separate control track ?

I am also receiving an error about an invalid integer (log attached). It only happens with certain midi files, but others seem to work fine on the same instance of MidiSeqKaraokeScript.

I would love to Skype if possible.

Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Foriero

Foriero

using ForieroEngine.MIDIUnfieid;
    MidiOut.SendControlMessage(params)

Contact me discord: foriero#7283

3. Biggix

Biggix

4. Foriero

Foriero

Yes. Latest version has this capability. At least we can recieve mc and mtc. Not sure if sending from Unity will be precise but I can look into it.

5. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Hello.
    Was fluidsynth support ever added?.
    I’m interested in purchasing this asset but it’s very unclear to me what it offers.
    Regards
    James

6. Blaine99

Blaine99

I want to use my midi keyboard to control game objects. Like get a cube to jump or move around. I bought midi unified but I don’t understand how to code the incoming midi. Is there a way to code for getkeydown? I notice midi Jack has documentation and some lines of code to use instead. Could you maybe give me an example of a simple controller for a cube using midi? Just like a 2 line character controller or something?

7. Foriero

Foriero

See examples. Look at cubes. Simple script there.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Foriero I am about to buy this plugin. I just have a few questions before:
    - Does iOS only support Wifi, or is that an additional feature besides USB?
    - I read a lot about bugs in the first posts. Can I now savely assume that simply reading MIDI signals from connected devices on WIndows, iOS and Android works?

Thanks

9. Foriero

Foriero

Yes works. If you need any help contact me discord: foriero#7283

10. NeoWatchowsky

NeoWatchowsky

hi
    The midi unified plugin works on my android 12 but tested on android 9 and the app crashes immediately when I try to connect to midi input
    could you please help?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  11. Foriero

Foriero

Hi, I probably just need to update the store package. I will look into it. Marek.

12. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

URGENT--- On Android many peoples devices are crashing and I checked the ANR android crash results and see that Midi Unified causes over 80% of crashes----the biggest error being : com.foriero.midiunifiedplugin.MIDIUnifiedFragm.

Please respond soon, so we can resolve this issue. Unfortunately this crash doesn't happen with the devices I tested Samsung s9, but it will happen with random android phone models. I haven't noticed this issue with iOS.

13. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

I need an urgent solution to midi unified causing crashes on many Android phones. URGENT--- On Android many peoples devices are crashing and I checked the ANR android crash results and see that Midi Unified causes over 80% of crashes----the biggest error being : com.foriero.midiunifiedplugin.MIDIUnifiedFragm.

Please respond soon, so we can resolve this issue. Unfortunately this crash doesn't happen with the devices I tested Samsung s9, but it will happen with random android phone models. I haven't noticed this issue with iOS.

This is the error--- in detail with one device

Exception java.lang.Error: FATAL EXCEPTION [UnityMain]
    Unity version : 2021.3.5f1
    Device model : motorola moto g power (2021)
    Device fingerprint: motorola/borneo_t/borneo:11/RZBS31.Q2-143-27-6-10/794d1:user/release-keys
    Build Type : Release
    Scripting Backend : IL2CPP
    ABI : arm64-v8a
    Strip Engine Code : true

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.bluetooth.le.BluetoothLeScanner.stopScan(android.bluetooth.le.ScanCallback)' on a null object reference
    at com.foriero.midiunifiedplugin.MIDIUnifiedFragment$2.run (MIDIUnifiedFragment.java:215)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:938)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:250)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  14. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

Resolved This with adding this to the MidiUnifiedFragment file https://stackoverflow.com/questions...nner-app-crashes-and-no-results-are-displayed

Now I need to fix this error for the Blue tooth
    • Exception java.lang.SecurityException:
    After some attempts at changing the manifest and the Fragment.java file I decided to just remove the bluetooth as it keeps giving error on my Samsung s9(android 10) which doesn't cause crashing but is related to the crash errors I keep seeing in android logical -->
    2022/10/22 13:03:13.811 3597 8132 Error BluetoothLeScanner fail to start le scan - SecurityException thrown: java.lang.SecurityException: Need BLUETOOTH_ADMIN permission: Neither user 10400 nor current process has android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN.

Hopefully the creator sees this and fixes it, seeing as it is a new feature added onto midi unified in this summer.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  15. Foriero

Foriero

You need to target API 33 and minimum API26. ( do not use for target "Latest" please chose 33 )