Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Utilities [RELEASED] MeshFusion Pro : Ultimate Optimization Tool

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by NewGameStudio, Apr 4, 2023.

1. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

MESH FUSION PRO
    Real-Time Static, Dynamic & LOD's Combining

Hello, fellow developers!

I have something special that I've been working on, and I can't keep it a secret any longer!
    Introducing Mesh Fusion Pro - my brand-new asset that, in my opinion, has the potential to transform the way you optimize performance in Unity.

Mesh Fusion Pro allows you to combine Static objects, LODGroups, and even Dynamic objects - yes, you read that right!
    All of this is wrapped up in a user-friendly and easy-to-use package.

Combining objects is crucial for reducing draw calls and increasing the overall performance of your game, especially on lower-end devices. Mesh Fusion Pro makes this process seamless and efficient, ensuring a smoother gameplay experience for your players.

I created this forum to share the latest news, demo videos of the asset, and update announcements. I'm also here to connect with you! I want to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and answer any questions you may have.

Subscribe to this forum to keep up with my updates, and let's create something awesome together!
    Stay tuned and don't miss the Mesh Fusion Pro release on the Unity Asset Store!

Thanks for staying with me and see you soon!

Website

Asset Store Link

Discord Server

MeshFusionPro Demo Scene

Mesh Fusion Pro Presentation

Mesh Fusion Pro : Sneak Peek Into Next-Level Optimization

Performance Showdown MeshFusion Pro vs. StaticBatching, GPUInstancing, and SRPBatcher

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    nehvaleem, blueivy and CodeSmile like this.
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Sounds nice but ... what is it and what does it do? A little bit more info would be welcome. ;)

NewGameStudio likes this.
  3. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,

Thank You for your question and congratulations on being the first person to post on this thread!
    Today I will take a short video with an example of work and lift the veil of mystery a bit:)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  4. mgear

mgear

sounds great, looking for such solutions all the time..

is it better compared to current store solutions or hlod?
    works in VR or mobile too?

5. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,

Thanks for question!

Before embarking on this project, I conducted a thorough market analysis and I can confidently say that my asset has several key advantages over others.

Unfortunately, out of respect for professional ethics, I cannot directly compare my asset with any other asset in the Asset Store (as much as I would like to, haha;)).

However, I can highlight a few key features that set my asset apart:

Ease of Use: Many of the assets I've encountered can be difficult to understand. Sometimes it seems easier to write your own solution than to figure out how to work with an existing one. My goal is to make my solution as simple as attaching a component to a GameObject.

Versatility: Many assets don't offer runtime APIs, but only work in the editor. Many assets do not support procedural generation. some assets offer to buy support for LODs separately. Some have limited customization options and poor performance, while others have an enormous number of options. I aim to provide a simple one-click optimization solution for those who want to improve the performance of their game, as well as well-documented code for power users who want to customize the program to their needs.

A unique feature: No other asset I know of allows combining dynamic objects, which sets my asset apart.

I plan to release a video comparing my solution to Unity's built-in solution soon, so stay tuned!:)

mgear likes this.
  6. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thanks for the wait.
    It took a little longer than I had planned. Creating videos isn't really my specialty, after all:D
    (There are subtitles available for the video.)

blueivy likes this.
  7. mgear

mgear

Please also consider some kind of batch or mass selection tool, in many solutions it is quite cumbersome to manually fiddle with single objects.. when you'd rather just "[x] optimize everything".

One big issue with unity LOD groups is also that its based on screenspace height, which makes it impossible to setup all objects at once or to appear at correct distance (since some objects are taller than other, rather would have LODS by distance..)

8. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pay more attention to the selection tool and try to fulfill your wish :)

Yes, unfortunately it is impossible to combine LOD objects without changing parameters. But MeshFusion Pro selects such objects for the combine to keep the proportions as much as possible

mgear likes this.
  9. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hello everyone! I released a new video that compares MeshFusion Pro with StaticBatching, GPUInstancing, and SRPBatcher. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

heartingNinja and Brian-Ryer like this.
  10. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

MeshFusion Pro Demo Scene Announcement and Chance to Get a Free Key!

Hello forum members!

I'm excited to announce that I'll be uploading a demo scene for MeshFusion Pro in the near future. This will give each of you the opportunity to test the asset's functionality on your own devices and see how it improves performance.

In order to make the asset even better, I would appreciate it if you could provide some usage statistics. Please share information about the device you ran the application on, any performance differences you noticed, and any other relevant details.

As a token of gratitude for your active participation in the forum, I will select several of the most active users and provide them with a free key to download the asset upon its release.

Stay tuned for updates on the demo scene and don't hesitate to share your experiences once it becomes available. Your participation and input are greatly appreciated!

11. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

MeshFusion Pro Demo Scene Available!

Hello forum members!

The MeshFusion Pro demo scene is now live for testing!
    Experience its functionality and performance improvements on your own devices.

I'd appreciate your feedback on the device used and performance differences observed. Valuable contributors may receive a free key for the full asset upon release.

Download the demo scene here.
    Share your experiences and insights, and happy testing!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  12. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

Any ETA for the release? I've checked out the demo scene and it looks promising, but without getting my hands dirty in the editor I cannot test it deeper.

13. bobadi

bobadi

hi, I was interested in dynamic objects

the result were without mesh fusion starting at 25 (consolidated around 50) and 61 with mesh fusion

after spawning 10x
    without mesh fusion around 4-12
    with mesh fusion 28

this looks good to me
    also maybe the demo could use a number of objects on screen

tested on laptop
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
    RAM 8.00 GB

ps: what I would like to know if these pieces could act as rigidbodies independantly (with gravity)
    because if they are chosen from a pool, it probably won't help my case

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  14. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi, thanks for testing!

Yes, I plan to release MeshFusion Pro in the next two weeks.

15. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed feedback and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

My idea is that you can move these objects in absolutely any way, whether it's just changing positions, or applying physics, including rigidbody.

But it's important to remember that moving parts of the combined meshes will be slower than just moving the object in any case. This way of optimization is suitable for combining objects that do not change position very often, or for those where only a small fraction of their total number is moving.

16. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi all!

I hasten to please you that MeshFusion Pro was completed and fully tested a week ago. Its absence from the Asset Store is due to my inability to create videos :) While I am editing a tutorial video - I suggest you look at the features of MeshFusion Pro. I look forward to your feedback.

nehvaleem and Brian-Ryer like this.
  17. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

If the video with the tutorial appeared on the channel - then the release is very soon!

18. bobadi

bobadi

so that it works. physics apply on a dynamic object even if combined! right?
    meshfusion.gif

that is the crazy part, that is the gamechanger

19. ktpttd

ktpttd

That's insane dude. The dynamic object is unique. Can't wait to use this.

20. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Yes, that's exactly how it works:)

The combined object tracks the movement and applies it.

Although moving part of the combined mesh is more resource-intensive than moving an uncombined object, it can be useful when the object is moved rarely and brings extra FPS, as presented in the demo scene.

21. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thank you for that response. I really appreciate it)

22. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Fellow developers!

I'm happy to tell you that MeshFusion Pro is already available on the AssetStore and you can buy it at a 30% discount!
    Link : https://u3d.as/357x

The second news is that I am asking you to help me make MeshFusion Pro better. I will give free download vouchers to the first three people who respond to this post. I would love to hear about your impressions of using my Asset.

I look forward to your feedback :)

23. bobadi

bobadi

sure :)

maybe you already have that, but
    would be nice if you have easy script functions to assign/clear objects, not just buttons in the inspector.

24. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

bobadi, first voucher goes to You :)

Can you explain a little more on your idea?

Do you mean the ability to add an object using scripting?

You can do that with AddComponent<MeshFusionSource>() (MeshFusionSource must be StaticMeshFusionSource/DynamicMeshFusionSource/LODMeshFusionSource)

25. buc

buc

if this is what I think it is, then it's a complete game changer!
    would love to get access to it and test it out :)

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  26. Fabbs

Fabbs

Would love to try it out, really at the point where i need to start optimizing a big scene.

27. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

It looks like you have a closed inbox and I can't start a conversation. So, I'm posting the voucher here:
    ASV-6364-LRXC-VL7G-PHKA-PT4H

UnitySynopsis likes this.
  28. Fabbs

Fabbs

Hmm, thats weird. Seems like someone was faster to snag that one up anyways :)

29. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

As I can see in publisher profile voucher is still available :)

30. ktpttd

ktpttd

I used Perfomance Tools from you before. It's really boost FPS my game, and now The meshfusion is another level. Haha

31. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,
    Thanks for staying with me.
    I would love to send You a voucher as an old user :)

ktpttd likes this.
  32. ktpttd

ktpttd

oh really, thank you so much.

33. bobadi

bobadi

thanks!

I mean having an array of object (or single object) assigned/cleared in code
    for what these buttons do
    meshfusion1.jpg

if that is all we have to do (adding meshfusionsource component) then yes.

34. UnitySynopsis

UnitySynopsis

I also didn't get it... :) According to the description, the asset turned out great! :)

35. Cam_Fox

Cam_Fox

I just discovered this asset while browsing New Releases. I'd be excited to try it out and provide you with my feedback! I'd also be happy to leave a review in the Asset Store. Cheers!

36. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thanks for Your suggestation.

In general, in order to generate an object at runtime, you really just need to attach the MeshFusionSource component. But having some kind of static function would be more convenient. Thanks :)

37. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Sent it to your inbox :)

38. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

There were more vouchers than I expected to give out. But I still haven't gotten any feedback, so I could really use your opinion. Sent you a voucher inbox

39. indiedev37

indiedev37

Long time user of your quality asset Performance Tools, so I'm sure this will be good. Just one question before committing. My use case is combining a number of object and moving them together, no need to move them individually. Will this still impact performance?

40. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,

Thanks for staying with me :)

It is the best use case with no performance impact.
    You just need to attach StaticMeshFusionSource to the object group and then move the created CombinedObject.

As an old user you have some privileges). Please email me (andre-orsk@yandex.ru)

41. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi everyone!

Today I decided to try and run a discord server for quick help and feedback from you.

It's a test run for now, and you can find the link here.

buc likes this.
  42. bobadi

bobadi

did a quick test, everything seems to be fine.

some things to not forget:
    need to lock the inspector on the meshfusion control object to be able to select objects and click button.

the physics work independantly:
    (two of the combined objects are kinematic)
    meshfusion2.gif

doing the assigning in code will need more precise explanation,
    how would I go about it like this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class meshFusionCX : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     public Transform[] T;
    4.     int i;
    6.     void Start(){
    7.         assignObjects ();
    8.     }
    10.     public void assignObjects()
    11.     {
    12.         for (i = 0; i < T.Length; i++) {
    13.             T [i].gameObject.AddComponent<NGS.MeshFusionPro.DynamicMeshFusionSource> ();
    14.             T [i].gameObject.AddComponent<NGS.MeshFusionPro.SourceTracker> ();
    15.         }
    16.     }
    18. }
    or even is that neccessarry to assign / click button
    or object is being tracked if DynamicMeshFusionSource and SourceTracker is added on a object?

I will have questions about using the cells later, so if you have some basics advice that would be great.

ps: I don't like discord, so I'm not going to use that.

43. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thanks for the feedback!

Looks like I need to do a little tutorial on how MeshFusion Pro interacts with scripting.

I tried to make it as simple as possible :)

You just need to assign a component to an object so that it combines.
    You can do this with, for example, AddComponent<DynamicMeshFusionSource>(), if you want to combine a dynamic object.

Additionally, if you want the combined object to track changes - you also need to add a SourceTracker component.

44. bobadi

bobadi

okay, so the runtimeMeshFusion registers those objects (which have those two scripts added) automatically?

checked, that is what's happening.
    (updated script snippet)

1000 cubes falling meshFusion off / on
    (recorded at 10 fps for smaller filesize)
    meshfusion3.gif

45. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Yes, that's the idea - all the user needs is an attach component, and MeshFusion Pro will do the rest :)

By the way, fps should be higher after the cubes stop moving.

bobadi likes this.
  46. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

How does this tool handle materials when combining meshes? Does it just assign materials to a given submesh or is there some sort of materials combining (like texture atlas or array)?

47. Fabbs

Fabbs

Ok, been trying it out for a bit and i must say that i love the focus on ease of use. Very simple to set up and it works like a charm. The one issue i have found for now is that when loading a scene (my game is split up in scenes) with alot of objects that needs to be combined it chugs quite abit when the work is being done. Now this was tried on like 15k objects for testing, but still. Would absolutely love the ability to pre-combine in edit mode for that reason.

All in all tho, i am very impressed!

48. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

It seems that it doesn't come with asmdef support out of the box.

Also - it seems that it doesn't play well with TVE. In my case, MeshFusionPro couldn't make TVE meshes readable.

49. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Hi,

MeshFusion Pro does not do texture atlasing. It would take a monstrous amount of time at runtime.

I don't really understand what you mean by asmdef support. Please tell me more about the problem you encountered.

TVE - The Vegetation Engine? I have not tested MeshFusion Pro for compatibility with other Asset Store assets

50. NewGameStudio

NewGameStudio

Thanks for the feedback! I plan to add the ability to combine objects in the editor in the next update.

Brian-Ryer likes this.