Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Audio - AAA Sound Solution. #1 audio plugin on Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dark_tonic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jerotas

jerotas

V 4.2.4 changelog:
    • Fixed warning: Script execution order thing with DGSC and Ambient Sound would log "missing sound group". Added a check so the warning doesn't happen. Fixed a similar bug last update but it was only half the problem.
    • Fixed bug where re-enter mode of Ambient Sound wouldn't play anything after the first trigger enter if set to "fade in same sound".
    • Fixed bug where adding a new song after song metadata is created in a Playlist won't add the required metadata properties, with no way to add them.
    • Added MasterAudioPlaylistChange Playmaker Custom Action.
    • Fixed invisible control headers on Unity 2019.

2. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

I'm trying out the ambient audio script but it doesn't seem to trigger. I'm not sure exactly how to use it. I put it onto a gameobject in the scene and have the player start inside it's range. It doesn't play the sound group. I have tested with an Event Sounds script on the same gameobject with the Start event and it plays the same sound just fine as soon as the scene starts. Anything special that is needed with the ambient script? I didn't select any of the caller options on it, just set the sound group. The game object doesn't have anything else on it.

3. jerotas

jerotas

What is special about the Ambient sound script is that it will only play the sound during the time that the audio listener is in audible range, based on the max distance of the sound group that you have selected to play.

If you are sure that you are within that Max distance, make sure you have allowed collisions in your physics Matrix between ignore raycast layer and itself.

And that's about all the troubleshooting there is. Those are the only two factors that should affected and they are expected.

Turn on Log Sounds and make sure it's not getting played silently without you knowing about it. Check the console.

4. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Thanks for the quick reply.

My audio listener (and master audio prefab) are both inside the ambient sound range when the scene starts. I did not have the ignore raycast layer collide with itself, so I changed that in the matrix but it didn't help (would be good to have that in the docs that specific layers are required). The object with the ambient script on it has a spot called Follower Object which shows up at runtime and is blank (no transform linked in there). There is no collider or anything else on the object and nothing changes on it when I press play either. The object is on the default layer, but I also tried setting it to ignore raycast layer but that didn't help.

There is a listener follower as a child of the master audio prefab that is instantiated at play. It is inside the ambient range and doesn't move outside of range.

5. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Update: if I turn off the object that has the ambient script and then turn it back on during runtime the audio now plays. Is this the correct procedure (ie: we should start it disabled and then setup a script that enables the object on Play) or should it be working without having to turn it off and on?

6. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi, any thoughts on how the ambient object should be setup?

7. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I want to control the "Loop Clip" option in the image through the code, I can't find this API, please tell me how to get it.

20190707121333.jpg

8. Exbleative

Exbleative

Just came here to ask the same question. I have some ambient sound objects that already exist at game start, those work fine, but spawning in objects at run time breaks the ambient functionality for me.

I'm using the latest MA, 2018.3, multi-scene with a Master Audio prefab in both scenes, Dynamic SGC in one. As Mythical mentions, the only way I get newly spawned objects playing sound is to turn them on and off. Unsure what the difference is when spawning something in vs turning it off/on?

9. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

I haven't figured this out yet either, sounds like dev has gone MIA for about a month now.

On another topic, anyone know how to get event sounds to work with the Collision Enter event if the event sounds script is on a child of an object? I find that if it's on the parent object it works fine but once I have it on the child of the object it doesn't trigger.

10. sedwist

sedwist

I see the dev is highly active on their own forums. You may want to try and reach them there. darktonic[dot]freeforums[dot]net. I found this link on the asset store page for Master Audio. I couldn't link because this forum thinks I am spam (yay me).

11. jerotas

jerotas

I didn't receive any notifications to this thread. Has your issue been fixed?

12. jerotas

jerotas

Let me know if this issue is fixed or not. You can email us at support@darktonic.com or post on the dedicated support forum. Updates here don't always notify me.

13. jerotas

jerotas

We take support very seriously at DarkTonic. I'm definitely not MIA. I check the support forum (not this thread) and email multiple times a day. The Unity forums haven't been notifying me lately so I suggest you use those methods instead. I only come here if notified or to post release notes for a new release.

Regarding your question, if you need the collision sound on a child object, then put Event Sounds on the child object for that event.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  14. jerotas

jerotas

The forum link can be found in the readme, or on the plugin page for Master Audio on the Asset Store, or on our publisher page on the Asset Store. Same is true of our support email support@darktonic.com

15. jerotas

jerotas

V 4.2.5 changelog:
    - Made compilation possible without having Physics3D and/or Physics2D installed. You will lose Occlusion / AmbientSound functionality and corresponding events on EventSounds depending on which you remove, but everything else will work. Check the Physics page on the documentation on how to get it compiling since you have to add a define for each missing package. Link here: http://www.dtdevtools.com/docs/masteraudio/Physics.htm

16. jerotas

jerotas

I would suggest making a separate song of the same settings with loop turned on, and one with it off, if you need both.

Or you can just use the loop on, and call "StopLooping" command from the API or EventSounds. We don't expose the Loop toggle because it will mess with scheduled songs that are supposed to start after the current.

Also, since this forum no longer notifies me of posts, please either email us at support@darktonic.com or post on our official support forum. Link to forum is on our Master Audio Asset Store page (link to that in my signature).

17. Kiupe

Kiupe

Hello,

Working on a new project using Unity 2019.1.3f1 I have the following error in play mode when using a Dynamic Sound Group Creator created using MasterAudio manager:

Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable soundGroupTemplate of MasterAudio has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the soundGroupTemplate variable of the MasterAudio script in the inspector.
    3. DarkTonic.MasterAudio.MasterAudio.CreateSoundGroup (DarkTonic.MasterAudio.DynamicSoundGroup aGroup, System.String creatorObjectName, System.Boolean errorOnExisting) (at Assets/Plugins/DarkTonic/MasterAudio/Scripts/Singleton/MasterAudio.cs:3773)
    4. DarkTonic.MasterAudio.DynamicSoundGroupCreator.CreateItems () (at Assets/Plugins/DarkTonic/MasterAudio/Scripts/Utility/DynamicSoundGroupCreator.cs:224)
    5. DarkTonic.MasterAudio.DynamicSoundGroupCreator.CreateItemsIfReady () (at Assets/Plugins/DarkTonic/MasterAudio/Scripts/Utility/DynamicSoundGroupCreator.cs:105)
    6. DarkTonic.MasterAudio.DynamicSoundGroupCreator.OnEnable () (at Assets/Plugins/DarkTonic/MasterAudio/Scripts/Utility/DynamicSoundGroupCreator.cs:74)
    I tried to look at the variable but it seems to be correctly set-up but which I guess is the expected behavior.

So any idea why I can't use DSGC ?

Thx

18. jerotas

jerotas

You've somehow corrupted your Master Audio game object. You'll need to repair the Game Object in Debug mode.

1) Select the Master Audio game object in your Scene.
    2) Go to Debug mode of the Inspector by clicking the dropdown in the upper-right next to the lock icon.
    3) Find the "Sound Group Template" field in the Inspector, it will be "None" since you're getting this error.
    4) Locate the SoundGroupTemplate prefab in Assets\Plugins\DarkTonic\MasterAudio\Sources\Prefabs\SoundGroup.prefab and drag it into the Sound Group Template in the Inspector.
    5) Return your Inspector to "Normal" mode.

That should take care of it.

19. Kiupe

Kiupe

Ok, thanks !

jerotas likes this.
  20. Tretiak

Tretiak

Hey, I tried to find solution in thread but no luck. How can I stop playing particular sound group by code ? And is it possible to do it with play and forget ?

21. jerotas

jerotas

Stop commands don't need to "forget" because they never return anything.

So, Visual Studio should show you the commands, and there's the API website here as well:
    http://www.dtdevtools.com/API/masteraudio/class_dark_tonic_1_1_master_audio_1_1_master_audio.html

There's a link to the API from each Inspector - an API button at the top.

Anyway, you can do these:
    Code (csharp):
    2. MasterAudio.StopAllOfSoundGroup(soundGroupName);
    3. MasterAudio.StopSoundGroupOfTransform(transform, soundGroupName);
    and a few others. They all start with "MasterAudio.Stop".

Tretiak likes this.
  22. Tretiak

Tretiak

I meant play and forget if I need to have result and then somehow stop that result, but you snippet of code is helpful som thanks very much !

23. jerotas

jerotas

You can use the return values of the play commands that don't forget to stop just that Variation also.

Tretiak likes this.
  24. Driven

Driven

I was just testing a project in unity 2019.3 and when pressing play in the editor unity just freezes. It works perfectly when removing the masteraudio game object from the scene or all childs with the sounds. Any idea what's going on?

25. jerotas

jerotas

No, because it works fine for me. You can send me your example Scene and I will figure it out. Otherwise, no way of knowing what's going on.

26. Driven

Driven

@jerotas no need sending an example scene it's easy to reproduce. All you have to do is create a masteraudio group put like 30 sounds in there and give each of them a random weight (voices) between 1 and 40. Once masteraudio tries to instantiate instances more than X, unity just freezes and nothing happens anymore. I tried putting all weights down to 1 and it works perfectly again.

27. jerotas

jerotas

Did a quick test, found nothing of the sort. You will need to send me an example project, but fair warning, it might just work on my computer and not yours...we will see.

Right now, I can't reproduce so will do no further research here.

28. Driven

Driven

@jerotas Just sent you the repo project which freezes for me in Unity 2019.3.a11

29. jerotas

jerotas

Perfect, I will check it out hopefully tomorrow and report back.

30. jerotas

jerotas

V 4.2.6 changelog:
    • Added a toggle for "Remove Probability-Unplayed Variations" on the Master Audio Manager screen. Defaults to "on". If you turn it off, Variations that aren't played due to failing the Probability To Play check will not be removed from the pool, so they may be played again later through another probability check.
    • Fixed bug where a despawned or destroyed Game Object with Ambient Sound script would stop all playing instances of the Sound Group instead of just the single voice.

zhuchun and twobob like this.
  31. zhuchun

zhuchun

Bought MA when it first released and it's still active improving today, while so many other famous plugins have gone with the wind. My respect, @jerotas ;)

schmosef and wagenheimer like this.
  32. jerotas

jerotas

Thank you sir. Much appreciated!

schmosef and wagenheimer like this.
  33. Gooren

Gooren

Hi, we're considering using this asset. Is the complete source code included?

34. Gooren

Gooren

One more question: You mention Resonance Audio integration. Resonance Audio has an amazing sound spatialization/occlusion (rounded longer corridors etc.) Is that used for audio occlusion when integrated into Master Audio?
    Or is still just some straightforward raycast based solution used?

35. jerotas

jerotas

Of course. That way sometimes some of my customers fixed bugs for me. It's a win-win situation.

Gooren likes this.
  36. jerotas

jerotas

The integration with all of the spatializer plugins is nothing more than making sure a check box on all audio sources is enabled and in one case a different script is added to the same game object.

That may or may not answer your question but it's all the information I have.

If you discover the answer let me know.

37. aer0ace

aer0ace

Is there a way to instantiate a MasterAudio prefab from code? The plugin says that you HAVE to use the Master Audio Manager, and this is not preferable for my project.

38. jerotas

jerotas

You have to use the Master Audio Manager to *create it*. After that, make a prefab out of it. If you want to remove the prefab from the Scene and instantiate it, go ahead. Until it is instantiated in the Scene though, you will not hear any audio obviously.

I am not sure why you would want to do that though. What's the harm in having it in the scene already?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  39. aer0ace

aer0ace

The use-case is that, while I want MasterAudio in the main game, I have a separate scene for testing individual units for their animations, special effects and audio effects. That way I don't have to load up the main game every time I need to test those visual unit changes. Making MasterAudio available as a prefab allows me to have it loadable by any test scenes that need it.

40. jerotas

jerotas

Yeah if you have no audio at all in those Scenes then that's a good way to go. It will work. Thanks.

41. jerotas

jerotas

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  42. jerotas

jerotas

V 4.2.7 changelog:
    • Fixed bug: Song Alias field was not used for IsSongPlaying or QueuePlaylistClip methods.
    • Fixed many Inspector problems in Unity 2019.3 (beta).
    • Now disabling all Sound Group Variation Game Objects not playing audio for increased performance!
    • Removed the ability to Clone a variation from the Inspector, because Unity doesn't allow you to reparent it so it would be in the wrong location. You will need to clone Variations from the Hierarchy now.

43. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Good! Thanks for the new Version! =)

I have a "Bug Report?", I'm not sure.

- I have a Dynamic Sound Group Creator with a SFX, sfx_fireplace. I start this SFX when I enter on a Scene.
    - I have an Event Sound, with OnDisable event on it that Fades Out this SFX (1 sec duration).

If I load another scene WHILE this SFX is still FadingOut, I got an Error telling that sfx_fireplace does not exists in this scene.

Is this expected? I know I can move this SFX to the MasterAudio instead of using it on a Dynamic Sound Group Creator. But it should work that way or not?

44. jerotas

jerotas

Well I'd like to see the actual stack trace with line numbers (newest version please) of that error so I can see where it's trying to look for that one-foot-in-the-grave Sound Group. I will probably be able to do an additional check and get rid of that spam log.

But yes, if you load another Scene or your DSGC containing that Sound Group is otherwise disabled or destroyed, you will not have the Sound Group available to do anything.

45. Flarup

Flarup

Hi,

We have bought Master Audio and is starting to integrate it into our project. Works fine in Unity Editor and for Android builds, but for iOS builds on Unity Cloud Build we get the following error:

9058: ▸ ⚠;️ ld: Could not find auto-linked framework 'QuickLookThumbnailing'
    9059: ▸ ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    9060: ▸ ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

We're using Unity 2019.2.11f1 and XCode 10.2 on UCB. Any idea what's causing this?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help. And thank you very much for a great plugin!

Kind regards,
    Uffe Flarup

46. jerotas

jerotas

I don't believe any of those errors have anything to do with Master audio. We don't require anything external besides basic unity functionality which works on all platforms.

Never heard of any of that stuff.

47. jerotas

jerotas

V 4.2.8 changelog:
    • Fixed more Inspector problems in Unity 2019.3 (beta).

48. Flarup

Flarup

The newest supported XCode version on Unity Cloud Build is XCode 10.2. It that compatible with Master Audio for iOS?

49. jerotas

jerotas

I know nothing about Unity Cloud. But we are compatible with all platforms period. That probably doesn't answer your question but it's all I know.

50. Flarup

Flarup

Thanks anyways. I'm digging further into it. It looks to be UCB related, although I'm not sure yet.

jerotas likes this.