Search Unity

[RELEASED] Mass Place Trees

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by robin-theilade, Sep 14, 2014.

1. robin-theilade

robin-theilade

Mass Tree Placement works like the "Mass Place Trees" button on the built in "Terrain" component in Unity. But unlike the button it doesn't limit you to just specifying the number of trees you want placed, you can also specify a height range, a slope range, a width scale range and a height scale range. In other words YOU are in control.

Simply add the "Mass Place Trees" component to your terrain(s), configure the properties and click "Place".

Features
    • Documented C# source code
    • Free
    • Easy to use
    • Works with Unity 4.6 Free and Pro
    • Example scene included
    • Code classes are placed inside a namespace

Available on the Unity Asset Store

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. Sematrix

Sematrix

Thats nice

3. diccon

diccon

Hello, can you tell me if this package can be run deterministically at runtime? Or does it only work in the editor?

Thanks!

4. Roughrider

Roughrider

Diccon - its only at runtime. It works awesome with unity 5x still. If you can find a procedural runtime tree manager that WORKS and has low overhead for free, let me know.

5. robin-theilade

robin-theilade

@diccon, sorry I missed your question. The algorithm is not deterministic so I advice not to be using it during game play. With a bit of C# effort you should able to modify the code to use a random seed or even perlin noise to make it deterministic but I don't think you would get around some flickering when you're updating the trees.

6. jasonguenther

jasonguenther

Hi, I know script is deprecated but is it possible to get a copy i cant find it anywhere