Search Unity

[RELEASED] Marvelous Techniques

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kirnu-Interactive, Aug 22, 2015.

1. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Would be great if in a future update Marvelous Techniques could convert a high-poly mesh to low poly flat sided. I've seen a few on the store, just get the impression they are not compatible with Marvelous Techniques because they appear to combined with a shader.

2. yohami

yohami

Hi Arto,

I bought your asset a while back. Im doing a game similar to Sky Safari, is there a way to do a day - night cycle with your shader? basically I'd like to have a few selected palettes and transition between them to simulate different times of the day and other conditions.

Let me know, thanks
    Yohami

3. akerusoft

akerusoft

I'm at a loss whether to buy this asset.
    Whether this asset will be able to give an outline?

Attached Files:

4. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

There is no ready made script specially for this but it's easy to make such your self.

-Arto

5. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

There is no outline support in this package. You could use Unity's outline image effect with the shaders though.

-Arto

6. akerusoft

akerusoft

Hi, Arto.
    I bought this asset.
    Can I use the models that has been included in this asset?

Thanks.

7. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

8. Berserker44

Berserker44

Hello, Ive bought your asset but I have a question. What would be the best workflow for instantiating numerous objects using this shader? What I want to do is make a endless runner. However, I would like to use a few premade objects/prefabs and duplicate/instantiate them and spawn them at different points in the level. Just basic object pooling.

Is there a way to create duplicates without having to rebake them individually? What would be the best way to go about object pooling? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to incorporate your asset i bought in my game

9. jw405

jw405

Hello, I was wondering whether these assets could be used for a university project?

10. Frpmta

Frpmta

I am planning on purchasing the asset, but I am no texture artist (I only know modeling).
    Do you have some resource for things like that concrete texture?

11. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Thi
    This is good site http://www.textures.com/

12. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Sure you can if the project follows Unity Asset Store EULA http://unity3d.com/cn/legal/as_terms

13. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Objects can't share the light mapping and they all need to be baked separately.

14. alvifarooq

alvifarooq

Hi Arto,

I'm using this pack for a game I'm about to launch. Previously on the forum you offered to apply a texture property to the LinearGradientBG shader since I'm using the Transparent shader with a material right now. I'm wondering if you would be able to add support for that anytime soon? I just tested the gradient shader and the results look dramatically different to the transparent shader with texture and am curious if I could include that in the launch as well. Thanks!

Regards,

15. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Please send me an email and I'll give you the new version which includes the image background shader.

-Arto

16. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi Arto,
    I have a curious problem I can't solve.
    I am using SimpleDistanceLightRS as a custom terrain material.
    I have two almost-identical scenes
    In the first scene, I baked the lighting, then cleared the lighting data ( leaving a sub-folder with a single LightingData file).
    In this scene,the moving distance light works perfectly, illuminating both the terrain and and objects.
    In the second scene ( with different terrain) i bring in the same material i used for the terrain in scene1, only in this case only the objects are illuminated by the distance light, and not the terrain.
    It seems like there is a baked-in image of it on the terrain which does not disappear when I turn off the light. (I haven't done any light baking in the second scene).
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks

17. darkSol

darkSol

I'm making a 1st person block stacking/building game using only real time lighting and shadows since everything in the game is able to be manipulated. I love the look of your example scenes and want to incorporate these beautiful effects along with low poly assets into my game. I'm getting mixed impressions on whether MT can do real time shadows and lighting, or if so, what limitations will that impose.

Can you direct me to some examples that show the look of your shaders that use realtime lighting?

18. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

The package contains shaders with custom lighting (tricolor) scheme which can be manipulated realtime. This shader also supports Unity realtime shadows.

If your objects are dynamic you can't use lightmapping as usual.

-Arto

19. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi Arto,

I am having some problem using the SimpleDistanceLightRS as a custom terrain shader.
    Is this a previously noticed bug ?
    If I do something as simple as merely changing the name of the material, the distance light seems to break its connection to the material for some reason.
    For example, i had a scene with a terrain and objects both with SimpleDistanceLightRS materials and a moving Distance Light. The Distance light correctly illuminates both terrain and object.
    I change the name of the material.
    Now the link between the distance light and the terrain material seems to be broken for some reason. As the distance light moves,the objects in the scene are correspondingly illuminated but the terrain is illuminated in one static place which is demarcated by the materials "Light position". Adjusting the variables on the materials " Light position" moves the illuminated spot around , but it is not affected by the location of the distance light.
    Any ideas? I would love to work this out.

PS: the only way i have got it to work is by converting the terrain to FBX ( which I would prefer not to have to do)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  20. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

If you play the scene does the behaviour still reproduce?
    The materials are collected by DistanceLight script at start when in play mode and every time scene changes in edit mode.

-Arto

21. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi Arto,
    Yes the beaviour reproduces in Play mode.But only with terrains.

22. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

I managed to fix the problem. Please send email and I'll send the fixed version to you.

-Arto

23. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

24. maheshathirala

maheshathirala

Hello Sir this asset is awesome soo good loving it I have a problem with this! everything working fine in pc or when I connected my mobile via usb in play mode everything showing fine BUT when I build an apk to deploy in my mobile after installing apk it showing full red color can you please tell me the problem!!! :(

25. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

It's very difficult to say where the problem is because there are so many different Android devices.
    I'd suggest you to remove stuff from the scene until it works. That way you can identify the problem area.
    At first I'd disable all the image effects.

26. maheshathirala

maheshathirala

Thankyou for your fast reply I thought same thing might be image effects but can you tell the basic output setting to build for a mobile?? you mentioned mobile friendly but had some issues

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  27. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

It would be nice to see the Android device output (screenshot) and log files.
    If you could provide these It'd be easier to debug the problem.

28. alejandromizraji

alejandromizraji

I am having these two errors when building since the update to unity 5.4.0f3

[Unity] Shader error in 'Kirnu/Marvelous/ScreenTextureBlend': 'constructor' : too many arguments at line 135 (on gles)
    [Unity] Shader error in 'Kirnu/Marvelous/ScreenTextureBlend': 'constructor' : too many arguments at line 135 (on metal)

29. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

I have fixed this issue. If you want the fixed version email me your invoice number.

30. lazygunn

lazygunn

Hey Arto, posted this also in a different thread but with your shaders I managed to get quite a nice look

31. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Looks very nice. I love the unique color scheme :)

32. Berserker44

Berserker44

This is really Cool, I do have a question though. How did you handle the environment spawning? I am also trying to do a infinite runner with this asset but I do not know how to approach the environment spawning because you can't generate it in real time.

33. lazygunn

lazygunn

34. Baursak

Baursak

How did you handle the environment spawning?

35. lazygunn

lazygunn

I used and extended where needed the 'infinite runner engine' https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51328 for much of the core functionality, a hugely useful collection of scripts for procedural runner generation, has pooling and some useful utilities for managing the scene objects.

If you're making a game in the style I recommend it although you will need to add to it to some degree to make your own game

36. Baursak

Baursak

I mean baking prefabs.I have my own mini engine for the runner.A platform come from prefabs but they are not baked.

37. lazygunn

lazygunn

I explained in a post above and gave a link. If you follow the link and read the thread you'll find some scripts that will help. With the scripts you can associate a prefab with its equivalent space in the scene lighting snapshot - you'll need to bake in the scene in which your game takes place.

I don't use baked prefabs in my project I use real-time shadows at higher quality presets, I use marvelous techniques for the directional colouring and other methods to produce interesting colours as well as the attractive custom lighting effect for the players position

38. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hi, I've just updated to the latest version and many of your shaders have become pink. Any ideas what could be causing this? Never happened before. Thanks

When I check the shadow, it has the following error message:

undeclared identifier: 'unity_ObjectToWorld' d3d11

Unity version 5.3.5f1

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  39. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

If you upgrade to Unity 5.4 shaders will work fine. This is because in 5.4 _Object2World was renamed to unity_ObjectToWorld.
    If you can't update to 5.4 rename unity_ObjectToWorld to _Object2World in Marvelous.gcinc.

-Arto

40. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Ok thanks for quick reply. Hadn't upgraded because I thought it was still in beta, but I'll download it now.

41. Campi

Campi

Well i have unity 5.4 installed and some shaders become pink due a dx9 error "undeclared identified 'o' " into Marvelous.cginc file. I fixed it adding this after the 'o' variable declaration (line 120 )

UNITY_INITIALIZE_OUTPUT(CL_OUT_WPOS, o);

.PD With unity set in dx11 it work just fine but you should consider it in your next version. btw Brilliant package!!

42. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

Which Marvelous version do you have?

43. Campi

Campi

I think the last one Version: 1.2.6

44. Kudekov

Kudekov

Hi Arto, I bought this asset and wanted to repeat your workflow videos but because of my blender knowledge i dont understand how u did this moment? unn.png
    Pleeeease, help me to understand it, explain it step-by-step.
    PS. what is the alternate program for Sketch app for win? And sorry for my English )))

45. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

For Windows you can use Paint, Gimp, Photoshop or what ever software which suits your workflow. I'd suggest Gimp and if you want some specific feature maybe purchase Photoshop or something.

I made quick Blender UV Wrapping video for you. It can be found here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18204738/Blender UV Wrapping.mp4

I suggest you to learn Blender basics and it will make your life much easier. The problem is Blender is very complex looking at first because of the interface and all those buttons and views :)

-Arto

46. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

I fixed the error and the fix will be available in the next version.
    Thanks for your kind words! I made this package to show how easy it's to make good looking stuff which works even in mobile devices. I have few more techniques to share which I may include in my second asset package.

47. memokkkk

memokkkk

Hello Kirnu,
    Can run this asset with stencil buffer ?
    I wan to make a project with this asset and the example from

http://www.alanzucconi.com/2015/12/09/3873/ (stencil mask and stencil geometry).

Before to buy I want to know if this can be possible with this amazing asset.

thanks in advanced for you answer.

48. JonnyHilly

JonnyHilly

Does this work with pro-builder ?

49. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

There is no support for stencil buffer out of the box

50. Kirnu-Interactive

Kirnu-Interactive

If you can select any shader for pro builder objects then yes it will.