Search Unity

[Released] Mars' Modular Multiplayer Photon FPS Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mars314, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Vasilkb

Vasilkb

Hello , ive found error in the latest version. This error doesnt occur in the previous version of the kit.

After creating room (with exported game) and click refresh the room from unity its ok.
    but when i leave the room (from exported game) and refresh from unity the room doesnt disapear its still there and theres the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MarsFPSKit.Kit_ServerBrowserEntry.Setup (MarsFPSKit.Kit_MainMenu curMm, Photon.Realtime.RoomInfo curRoom) (at Assets/314 Arts/MarsFPSKit/Scripts/UI/Instantiateables/Kit_ServerBrowserEntry.cs:36)
    MarsFPSKit.Kit_MainMenu.RefreshRoomList () (at Assets/314 Arts/MarsFPSKit/Scripts/UI/Kit_MainMenu.cs:1005)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:166)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:36)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:45)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

2. Mars314

Mars314

I will look into it, thank you!
    One question though, does it also appear if the second client is not the editor but also another client?

3. Vasilkb

Vasilkb

yes i think so, which makes the game unplayable. you can try it with plain project.

4. Mars314

Mars314

I think I found out why. It's not a quick fix though. What's probably happening is that in Photon 2, room list redraw should happen automatically when the room list is updated by Photon, not on a button press. I will try that out and report back.

Vasilkb likes this.
  5. Vasilkb

Vasilkb

Hey friend did you possibly found any solution ?

6. Mars314

Mars314

This was fixed already in 0.5.1.8

To apply fix to your version, copy the redraw contents from Kit_MainMenu.cs

Vasilkb likes this.
  7. play_unity729

play_unity729

another way to login users? so we get rid of that guest user nick and we give the possibility of save the stats and other things?

8. Mars314

Mars314

You can replace the module with one of your own, statistics aren't implemented currently but the Leveling is indeed saved (bound to the username).

9. Mars314

Mars314

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Neviah likes this.
  10. ahmet28

ahmet28

hi, Education Video where can I find.
    Adding weapons, changing players, good work.

11. Mars314

Mars314

You can find them on my channel:

(a bit outdated (still works), but documentation.pdf file is updated)

12. ahmet28

ahmet28

13. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

i need to used CROSS PLATFORM input to game work in mobile ?
    I cant use mobile controls, can you help me ?
    Unity 2019.03

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  14. Mars314

Mars314

Yes, unity cross platform input is used for mobile input.

Did you follow the instructions on how to enable it?

15. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

yes, but in game dont work, can you send me the tutorial please or the script if you have because the cross platform is obsolet
    thanks

16. Mars314

Mars314

In that case I'll have to update the mobile controls instead

17. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

i got it, work on unity 2019.3.14 normal I can decrease the values of the mobile, sight type, throttle speed, button types
    how i using my gamepad IPEGA

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  18. Mars314

Mars314

Well, I dont know how to use gamepads on mobile. I'll look into it though!

Pauloxande likes this.
  19. Lucid_LunaX01

Lucid_LunaX01

I have jsut set up the thing but it doesnt work. i play the main menu and its just generating new usernames constantly and i cant do anything. .-.

I probs wont be seeing the response here so just add me if anyone has anything. Generic Cat#6395

20. Mars314

Mars314

Please contact me via email assetSupport@314arts.com and supply your invoice id.

21. Lucid_LunaX01

Lucid_LunaX01

where do i find my invoice id?

edit: why do you even need the invoice id tbh? i think its not the id's fault that the thing doesnt work?

22. Lucid_LunaX01

Lucid_LunaX01

A little useless suggestion. PLEASE make the addons cheaper or free. the kit itself costs way too much, and the add-ons are way too expensive. Thank you.

23. titifluki

titifluki

hello mars314
    First.....congratulate you because this kit (for me) is the best to create multiplayer FPS

I'm creating for mobile and there is one thing I don't know how to do ... How can I disable sprint movement for mobile
    (I don't like it)

thanks in advance

24. SgtClueLs

SgtClueLs

Does the Low-Poly pack work with all of the add-ons?

25. jf3000

jf3000

Is this game still being updated? Nothing mentioned here in over nearly 2 years. Or has this been abandoned?