Search Unity

[RELEASED] Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK [Inventory, Mobile, Shooter AI, Zombie AI, etc.]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Feb 8, 2018.

1. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ok i trust to your vision...and cant wait to can have something to work on about these mechanics...

how much time do you think is nececcary to have something in place and full working so we can really start the developement on a definititive and complete project??

btw i think that even health packs and inventory object needs to be stored between checkpoints togheter with player health and so on.. and to not only weapon ammo..

2. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

ya sorry, my bad.. I was in a bit hurry, everything which player have will be stored i.e health, weapons, ammo, powerups, in short, whole inventory.

By the time it gets developed, I would suggest you should invest your time in discovering new concepts and game ideas which has not been shown before in a survival horror game.. :) Also, the game settings, where it will be located, game characters, names, voices, UI Textures, story planning etc.. There's so much for you to do before diving into the main gameplay..

3. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes I know.. i have some cooll idea an game concepts in place you 'll be proud I'm using your great kit..LOL
    the same for story , UI ect... all almost done..only waiting for the correct base to start on ..

ask again.. ETA??LOL

4. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Manoeuvre FPS - Main Menu Showcase

The whole main menu is designed in such a way that it would be really super easy to re-skin / change any thing and everything you will see on the screen.!!

Here's a complete list of features :
    • Optional Character with Head IK and Mouse / Touch Swipe Rotational Functionality.
    • Scene Select Menu
    • Customizable Options Menu
    • Load Game Menu [WIP]
    • Weapons Shop Menu
    • Customizable Audio Manager

Feel free to drop your suggestions and requests. :)

A tutorial video coming really soon.

thenamesace and Adrad like this.
  5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,

The new version 2.4 has been pushed for both Manoeuvre FPS and MEGA PACK with the much awaited Main Menu System.!!

The update should be live in 2-7 Business days.!

The tutorial videos are coming very very soon..!! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

6. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

nice cant wait bro

and please.. if you can make next updates too rapid that this LOL

MFPS could became a really awesome asset if it will be costantly improved

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  7. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

it's me or asset doesnt have a cursorlock mouse lock feature?

and why if i hurt zombies with machete they dont take damage?

8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

cursor lock is disabled in main menu as i thought, if you want to rotate the character or use the mouse to navigate the menu, then it won't be difficult, however, once the game starts the cursor will be locked if it is selected under the camera controller.

Also, just make sure the melee weapon is having all the layers and tags set up properly. :)

Best
    Hamzah

9. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Will you be updating emm soon? Im using invector with it and seems to be broken the menu glitches when a button is pressed, its a great asset... hopefully you can fix it

10. joferjoe

joferjoe

By any chance did the headik update involve leaning? :)
    And is the aim down sights jitter fixed yet? :)

11. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Hello,

Just found this the other day, looks pretty cool, I have a few questions.

I'm looking for an AI that can be used indoors, lets say inside a house, and the AI can move from waypoint/patrol point based on the room it's in. So each room has 1 patrol point and a set of waypoints but the kicker is, the AI will chase the player around the house but can be blocked if the player closes a door.

Will the AI recognize that it cannot reach the player and resume the patrol? and is there an ability to set a certain layer to block the AI's view, for instance the player hides inside a locker?

While the AI is stated as zombie i'll probably end up using it as a ghost but these few things above are what concerns me prior to purchase.

Thoughts on this would be great, thanks!

Also there will be multiple levels in the house, will this be an issue? I'd assume not as long as i place waypoints along the stairs right?

12. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I was about to reply to your email, but it's great that you asked it here :)

Anyways, uzAI can be used pretty much anywhere, from small rooms interiors to gigantic Gaia Terrains provided you have baked the nav mesh correctly. (I have to say this coz people approach me saying AI is not working and it turns out they haven't baked the nav mesh *sigh*)

Now, to stop the zombie at the door is very easy just add the nav mesh obstacle object to that door. ;)

Regarding multiple levels, again just make sure they are properly connected via nav mesh and that's it :)

Also, This gameplay setting looks very fun... I will definitely develop my next tech-demo on this only! Thanks for this idea.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

13. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Thanks for the response.

now, to stop the zombie at the door is very easy just add the nav mesh obstacle object to that door.

Right, that's what i'm doing with a current AI system i'm using but the issue is the AI continues to try and reach the player even though the door is blocking it's path. So the real question is will the AI recognize it's path is blocked and return to patrol? Regardless of the distance between the AI and the player?

14. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

just make sure, there is no other way for the ai, by that I mean, there is no other connection on the nav mesh for the zombie to reach the player, besides that closed door. If there is so, it will definitely turn around and follow that path then.

Also, just to be on a safer side, you can make a very simple trigger script on the door which will just make the zombie go to idle state if it is chasing and the door is closed, this script will not only clear the current chasing target of zombie but also make sure that even if there is another way of reaching the player, Zombie will ignore it and just go to idle pose and wait for a few seconds near the door and just then go back to patrol state. :)

dizzymediainc likes this.
  15. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Strange issue.. The zombie ai & animations seems to be working okay, however the healthbar... seems to separate from the zombie and come after the player and attack it. It's truly odd! I had thought my navmesh might be corrupt (it's on terrain) however the health bar can navigate it with no issues.
    Any thoughts?

16. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

The zombie is staying in it's place and only the heslthbar is moving.? Is that what you mean.

Please make sure the zombie model is set to humanoid. Also, by any chance, the zombie is not marked as static.. Also, just see if the demo scenes ai is working fine or not..

17. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ehi bro which is the roadmap about the mfps development?? any idea about when save load will be released?

18. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Hi there,

Thanks. It was my model. It hadn't exported the mesh completely correctly. Have resaved and it's working fine.
    Thank you!

One other thing, if you can help..
    I'm using hit.transform.SendMessageUpwards(damageMethodName, damage, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    to send damage to the ai characters. I'm struggling to see the best way to implement receiving this, and modifying the health within AIDamageRegion (I think) Any thoughts on how to implement this?

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Nice to hear that it is working now. :)

What I understand is that you want to create a region which gives damage to AI whenever it enters it.
    For this there is already a script named AIDamageRegion, just add it to any collider and make that collider isTrigger and in the Inspector specify the damage you wanna give per second to the AI and that's it :)

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro, the update with save load system will be live in 2 weeks, hopefully even more earlier :)

After this, I will be fully focusing on something BIG that is Full Body System which will deprecate the current FPS we have right now, the resultant character controller will be more realistic and beautiful. :)
    With this being added, if someone wants to make a Third Person Game, he can use our Manoeuvre FPS for that purpose too. ;)

As we already have awesome AIs already loaded in the package, it is time to take the Character Controller to next level! :cool:

21. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

cool..even if i really like the current FPS player and it fits perfectly my needs..do you plan to mantain even this FPS player syssem for people dont want to restart again from scratch ?? and ... what about bow/crossbow addiction??...are there on roadmap again ..or are features you are not interested to put in?

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This system will be there, it is just that it will be more powerful!!! If you haven't gotten into the scripts, you won't even notice the difference hehe, but the main point is you will be able to use the Humanoid animations for your fps game which means a massive shift from legacy to mecanim! :)

bow and arrow will be much easier to put in that system, so I am holding it till then :)

23. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ok but old legacy system will be maintained or will be deprecated since all my wepaons are rigged with it..

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

it will be there :)

25. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Hi,
    Not exactly.. I'm using a different controller which uses hit.transform.SendMessageUpwards(damageMethodName, damage, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver); to transfer damage to objects. No matter what I do, I can't seem to make uzai take this as damage recieved.
    I did add AIDamageRegion.cs to the zombie body parts, but still nothing. No registration of damage.

26. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ohh, to inflict damage to uzAI, it is easier than you thought ;)
    just call onDamage method like this

Code (CSharp):
    1. hit.transform.GetComponent<uzAIZombieStateManager>().ZombieHealthStats.onDamage(your damage amount in int);
    and that's it.!! :)

27. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

glad to hear....i love this asset too much ..hope it will be improved very soon..

side note... is there a way to have inventory oscrenn when we press inventroy key istead to must to continue to press the key and make inventroy disappear when button is presse again??

and what about other gameplay mechanics taht where on roadmap?

28. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Ah cool! That works perfectly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  29. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

please see this quick demonstration on how to setup wave spawner

30. HASSANHR

HASSANHR

My bad i followed the video
    and everything works well (y)

31. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

You can support the Asset by rating or if you have time, by writing a review :)
    then I will be able to add more content at more speed!!

32. lolclol

lolclol

Can you make believable shooter AI ? looks great though.A tech demo about shooter AI would be awesome.

33. tcmeric

tcmeric

Hi, just bought your uzAI asset and playing with it a bit. I noticed Death Animation 2 & 3, dont have the root animations bake into pose boxes checked. Also, you may want to consider for future updates, adding randomization options for animations. Such as

Code (CSharp):
    1.             var _randomDeathID = Random.Range(ZombieHealthStats.minDeathID, ZombieHealthStats.maxDeathID);
    3.             _animator.SetInteger("DeathID", _randomDeathID);
    5.             if (enableDebug) Debug.Log("Playing death animation number " + _randomDeathID);
    Also maybe a debug toggle with some debug messages for the development process.

34. tcmeric

tcmeric

How can I improve the amount of sliding the animation does when it stops? Even in the demo scenes, there is a lot of sliding. Also, in the example, "02. DemoScene_Offmesh Example", the animation has a big blip when traversing off the navmesh (jumping).

35. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

any news about update bro? i cant wait to see the save system implementation

36. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Just started using this again, whats the reason the ai falls halfway through the floor? i cant gey it working right

.....never mind figured it out

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  37. joferjoe

joferjoe

by any chance could you do a tutorial on how you set this up? @walledcityinfotech

it looks great, and i bought all of the assets in the description but i cant get the guns to look like theyre working as well as in the video o_O

38. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Something like this ? ;)

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks for the feedback regarding random death :) will add that soon
    Also, the sliding occurs coz there might be in the idle animation just a few frames of root motion.. Or, alternatively you can try modifying the nav mesh properties like increasing the stopping distance and Changing acceleration etc in the inspector only. :)

40. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Just wait for it... it is about to be released ;)

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,
    I am very happy and proud to announce that Manouevre FPS is having the Gold Update released this week with super modular save system!

More stuff will be coming soon!
    Stay Tuned!

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

JC_LEON and thenamesace like this.
  42. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

supercoool cant wait...
    finally i can start a definitibve version of my proejct if save system works correctly as expected..

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

basically you, as a creator, will be having a lot of possibilities when it comes to saving and loading with the help of, most amazing, On Resume () Event.
    Which will be called Everytime player resumes from that save slot.

More will be disclosed in an upcoming video ;)

44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Manoeuvre FPS v2.5 - GOLD UPDATE!

Complete Changelog :
    > Added Modular Save System.
    > Added Load And Save Menu.
    > Added Pause Menu.
    > Added Powerful On Resume Event which will be called everytime you resume from the save slot.
    (Will show its use in next vid.)
    > Lots of bugs removed in On Equip and On Unequip methods.
    > Added New Demo Scene for Save System Demonstration.
    > Added new Events in AI, Doors, Turret for effortless gameplay production.

thenamesace likes this.
  45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

46. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

really great mate... next weeks you 'll a really cool proejct i'm doing with mfps and now with a full working save system....

cant wait for bow addon and after that ?m done with features i need form the kit..all the rest is addeb by myself...
    water and oxygen system, stamina , journal system, and so on..

47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Wow, I really want to see what you are doing!! It would be really nice if you would share something, it will be inspiration for everyone of us :)

48. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes you will see really soon something you will be proud to be done with mfps.. o
    only a last question..

is save and laod sistem work even for different scenes? and state of the player could be mantained between scenes??

49. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry what do you mean by different scenes...?? Of course you can save game in any scene and load it back :) Also, what do you mean by player state?? :)

50. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

I mean if player finish a scene with some type of ammo, different wepaons, a certain amount of health, and other consumables.. is there a wausd player could start a new scene with the settings he left prevoius??